Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2022 9:03 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kadokawa opened an official website for the television anime adaptation of Ryoko Kui's Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon) on Wednesday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured). The anime will be produced by studio Trigger.

Kui began serializing the gourmet fantasy manga on the Harta magazine in February 2014. Kadokawa released the 12th volume on August 10.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English in October 2016. The tenth volume was released on March 8, with the 11th volume scheduled to ship on August 23.

The manga ranked first and sixth in the 2016 and 2017's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings for the Male Readers division. Dungeon Meshi also ranked four times in the Manga Taishou Awards in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Synopsis
After the Golden Kingdom is sunk underground by an insane magician, its king emerges, promising all of his treasure to any who defeat the magician, before crumbling to dust. Guilds are spurred on by this promise, traversing the labyrinthine dungeon in search of the magician. Laios, the leader of one such guild, encounters a dragon that wipes out his party and devours his sister Falin. Despite having lost the entirety of their supplies and belongings, Laios along with Marcille, an elven healer, and Chilchuck, a halfling thief, immediately reenter the dungeon, determined to save Falin.

Time being of the essence, Laios suggests the taboo of eating the monsters of the dungeon as a means of gathering supplies. Upon the preparation of their first meal in the dungeon, they are stopped by an onlooking dwarf named Senshi. An enthusiast of monster cooking, he helps them prepare their monster ingredients for safe consumption. After learning of Laios' circumstances, Senshi expresses his desire to cook a dragon and joins their guild, thus beginning their food-filled foray into the dungeon together. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://delicious-in-dungeon.com/
Official Twitter: @dun_meshi_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

News submitted by chipsql

Dungeon Meshi (TV) on MAL
DatRandomDudeAug 9, 2022 8:22 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2022 9:06 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Oh wow, congratulations to the manga-ka!
I admittedly find myself turned away from manga with clearly-JRPG-inspired settings because it feels like there's too many of them, but I found Delicious in Dungeon to be very fun despite having only read the first two volumes. There's lots of really interesting food/recipe creations that really gets the imagination flowing as you read! I'm sure the more diehard fans will be super excited :D
Aug 9, 2022 9:13 AM

Sep 2020
For the first time trigger is working on something good.
Aug 9, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2021
Great news! I plan to read the manga and now I will wait for the anime!

Manga is heading towards its climax, so I hope that the anime series adapt ALL the manga chapters when it will air.

Aug 9, 2022 9:21 AM

Jul 2015
I've heard this one getting a lot of praises. Definitely going to check this one out.

Aug 9, 2022 9:29 AM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
Finally a manga I have read gets an adaption (well I haven’t read all of it, nor very many manga lol) but I’m very exited. I really enjoyed what I read!
Aug 9, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
can any manga reader confirm if the manga is in the final arc already? because i heard that the mangaka wanted an anime adaptation when they already finish the story

and Trigger doing an adaptation eh that is rare for them that usually they do anime original shows
Aug 9, 2022 9:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now I wait for the anime instead of reading the manga
Aug 9, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
A Trigger show that isn't original, doesn't have a female MC, and doesn't looked like a crazy American cartoon? Or am I missing something about this manga?
Aug 9, 2022 9:52 AM

Jun 2014
I adore the manga, it's ending soon so I'm glad to see it finally getting an anime.

The short commercial from Trigger from years ago was really good so I was always hoping they would do a proper adaptation in the future and here it is, fingers crossed that it ends up being good.

Here's the short promo from Trigger:
:3
Aug 9, 2022 10:02 AM

Jan 2015
Oh wow, finally. At this point I had lost hope. Glad it got an adaptation.
Aug 9, 2022 10:12 AM

May 2020
For someone who's completely blind from the source, there's nothing much to add except from the fact that this is worth checking out as it's Trigger animating this one.
Aug 9, 2022 10:15 AM

Mar 2021
YEA LETS GOOOOO!!!! And it’s being animated by TRIGGER! This is incredible news!
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Aug 9, 2022 10:35 AM

Nov 2008
MAL got so excited about this one, it added the anime twice.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Aug 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
I heard of this manga a lot over the years, never got to read it though. Also Trigger animating it? That's interesting.

Aug 9, 2022 10:45 AM
Jul 2016
RobertBobert said:
A Trigger show that isn't original, doesn't have a female MC, and doesn't looked like a crazy American cartoon? Or am I missing something about this manga?

"When Supernatural Battles become Commonplace" wasn't that good, come on. JK
Aug 9, 2022 10:53 AM

Aug 2022
The mangas pretty high rated. It is a gourmet series so it must be pretty niche, but the fact that Trigger is smh animating an anime of this nature is intriguing ngl.
Aug 9, 2022 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
erikkamirs said:
RobertBobert said:

What? What do you even mean?
Aug 9, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2016
RobertBobert said:
erikkamirs said:

"When Supernatural Battles become Commonplace" is an anime produced by Trigger, isn't original, doesn't have a female MC, and doesn't look like a crazy American cartoon. I was playfully confusing the two 😜.
Aug 9, 2022 11:06 AM

May 2017
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad we're finally getting an anime!!!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
erikkamirs said:
RobertBobert said:

"When Supernatural Battles become Commonplace" is an anime produced by Trigger, isn't original, doesn't have a female MC, and doesn't look like a crazy American cartoon. I was playfully confusing the two 😜.

First of all, this show came out 8 years ago.
Aug 9, 2022 11:29 AM

Sep 2020
Awesome! This is basically the "Puella Madoka" of cooking anime.

It gets dark, REAL DARK.
Lost my old account in the hacking accountpocalypse
Aug 9, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2019
Couldn't personally get into the manga but I know a few people that really like it so I'm happy for them!
Aug 9, 2022 11:42 AM

Aug 2015
Really great manga but became really boring after few chapters, maybe because I expected too much action and fights, but instead got slice of life and even then it's nowhere close to shokugeki and yakitate Japan in terms of interesting gourmet Cooking

Anyway, looking forward to it and as everybody already said, super rare for trigger to adapt a manga series
Aug 9, 2022 11:46 AM

Jul 2019
Everyone praises this manga, I'll give the anime a chance.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Aug 9, 2022 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
I could have sworn an anime for this already got announced but I guess not lol. I've heard good things about the manga so I'll check this out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 9, 2022 1:06 PM

Feb 2021
alpha_shadow said:
I adore the manga, it's ending soon so I'm glad to see it finally getting an anime.

The short commercial from Trigger from years ago was really good so I was always hoping they would do a proper adaptation in the future and here it is, fingers crossed that it ends up being good.

Here's the short promo from Trigger:

I am so glad too! Finally decent manga gets anime adaptation!
Aug 9, 2022 1:56 PM
Dec 2013
Oh shit. A manga that I started reading 5 years ago is finally getting an anime? Took them long enough, especially since this manga started 8 years ago. The anime should've aired in 2016 or 2017, but I guess late is better than never.
wildhoodAug 9, 2022 1:59 PM
Aug 9, 2022 2:03 PM

Feb 2021
wildhood said:
Oh shit. A manga that I started reading 5 years ago is finally getting an anime? Took them long enough, especially since this manga started 8 years ago. The anime should've aired in 2016 or 2017, but I guess late is better than never.

Manga is heading toward its climax, better watch the anime, I think.
Aug 9, 2022 3:24 PM

Nov 2016
Finally 🥳 Read a few chapters ages ago and I was really looking forward to see an adaptation at some point

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 9, 2022 4:28 PM

Jan 2016
Wait, Trigger? This is the least Trigger looking anime ever lol

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Aug 9, 2022 5:52 PM
Aug 2021
Dungeon? Interesting.
Aug 9, 2022 6:18 PM

Oct 2020
oml its finally happening :DD
Aug 9, 2022 6:30 PM

Apr 2022
I was sorta excited for this until I found out it was being made by Trigger.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Aug 9, 2022 10:44 PM

Feb 2021
VivavideoUser2x said:

LoveScope said:

With enough money and producers ANY studio can make a masterpiece.
Aug 9, 2022 10:51 PM

Jan 2016
OH MY GOD I am so excited for this!!! I especially want to see how they adapt the mimics part of the first part of this story (and also a ton of other stuff).
Aug 10, 2022 12:32 AM

Jan 2011
Hell yeah, although definitely tells me the manga is ending sooner rather than later. Although that was already pretty obvious.
Aug 10, 2022 4:48 AM

Jul 2021
Dungeon Meshi is quite formulaic from what I've read so wonder how they're going to extend out some scene here and there
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 10, 2022 5:55 AM

Feb 2019
Eh? Why? This came from nowhere. Oh well, I did at least have a tiny intent to look at what this was.

VivavideoUser2x said:

Trigger's adaptation wing is a completely different setup to their original works. It may as well be two different studios.

Sotara said:
VivavideoUser2x said:

LoveScope said:

False. Case in point: ufotable, KyoAni. Cash cannot create talent that isn't there already.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Aug 10, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2021
O_T_T said:
Eh? Why? This came from nowhere. Oh well, I did at least have a tiny intent to look at what this was.

VivavideoUser2x said:

Trigger's adaptation wing is a completely different setup to their original works. It may as well be two different studios.

Sotara said:

False. Case in point: ufotable, KyoAni. Cash cannot create talent that isn't there already.

Wrong. UBW, Kimetsu no Yaiba are great works.
Aug 10, 2022 6:50 PM

Oct 2017
Trigger doing this is a surprise.
Aug 10, 2022 7:49 PM
Jul 2017
Heard of this manga recently, although I haven't read it it looks like my thing and so Trigger picking it up is pretty exciting. Haven't been impressed with Trigger's recent work so I hope this breaks that trend
Aug 11, 2022 4:09 AM

Feb 2019
Sotara said:
O_T_T said:

I cannot stress enough how they are not, and how ridiculous it is that you'd wholeheartedly say the opposite. Where is this coming from, what do you feel is in any way acceptable about those shows?
Aug 11, 2022 9:57 PM

Apr 2009
This should be fun, I wonder how many cours we will get.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 15, 2022 4:15 AM

Nov 2018
O_T_T said:
Sotara said:

I cannot stress enough how they are not, and how ridiculous it is that you'd wholeheartedly say the opposite. Where is this coming from, what do you feel is in any way acceptable about those shows?
Animation wise they are miles ahead of a large majority of shows that came out when they did. The funniest thing is that you are correct, "Cash cannot create talent that isn't there already." Kyoani and ufotable are both studios with good in house talent and incredible organisation that allows these talent to actually be utilised extremely effectively.
Aug 16, 2022 2:55 AM

Feb 2019
vp787 said:
O_T_T said:

Animation wise they are miles ahead of a large majority of shows that came out when they did. The funniest thing is that you are correct, "Cash cannot create talent that isn't there already." Kyoani and ufotable are both studios with good in house talent and incredible organisation that allows these talent to actually be utilised extremely effectively.

Define what you mean by this line; "animation wise they are miles ahead of a large majority of shows that came out when they did." As of yet this just reads as a basic "they are good because they are good" non-statement.
Aug 16, 2022 4:23 AM

Nov 2018
O_T_T said:
vp787 said:

Define what you mean by this line; "animation wise they are miles ahead of a large majority of shows that came out when they did." As of yet this just reads as a basic "they are good because they are good" non-statement.
ehh it is a nothing statement with nothing to back it up, I mean we both use nothing statements so whatever. I'll just say that ufotable and kyoani where some of the first anime studios that where actually praised for their use of digital effects as opposed to being bashed for it.

Since majority opinion favours them you can't win.
Sep 14, 2022 7:16 AM
Jan 2021
Seen the first few pages of the manga, it's really confusing. But a lot of people say it is good so I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Sep 30, 2022 1:38 PM

Apr 2022
After making original anime involving robots and cyborgs, looks like Trigger is extending to new areas. I always knew this studio would go this direction. Exciting! X)
Oct 17, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2020
ZXEAN said:
For the first time trigger is working on something good.

Literally everything they've ever made is great.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
8 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 7 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.