Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2020 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ellenwitch said:
I really liked how the main mc didn't just do it first time, and instead is actually learning and growing into the sport. Which I think is a nice touch.

Took the words right outta my mouth. I was really hoping she wouldn’t be this over powered character who could do everything first try. It’s nice to see characters grow and develop overtime :)
Oct 10, 2020 8:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo, actually Nono senpai, and Buchou were a popular and very talented climber. They even success reaching the winner podium by themself? I am surprised by that information, and their decision to accepted Konomi just hilariously crazy. They surely knew the power of the MC. Lol. Well, at least their motives to recruit people was clear, to tried winning group division. And yeah, they did it!

The determination of Konomi kinda strong on these one, even though the result was not so surprising. He got manipulation at her first try! However, since this is her first official tournament, no way she could overcome the experience climber in one day only. So, yeah, this episode kinda realistic to me, kinda. What else? Ah, yes, she already attracted some maniac coming over his pure intentions. Damn those twos, and their interaction at the end, surely funny. Haha!

Well, more girl climber already introduced. That idol, tho. The hell? XD Spider climber, panther climber, ballerina climber? And many more! By the pacing style of these one, its no doubt that they might've ended up their journey at National competition, as their wish. So, lets see how well the progression of the team. That end style, tho. XD these girls just amused so much. Nice!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 10, 2020 9:58 PM

Apr 2020
i really did prefer this episode over the first and was happy to see the annoying cat girl go down. its enough to keep me invested for now but i wonder if this show has what it takes to escape its mediocrity and get that "chicken dinner"
Oct 10, 2020 11:41 PM

Jul 2016
Jun was more bearable this episode though I'm not sure if it was only because there was a girl even more annoying that her. Anyways, still glad she redeemed herself by comforting Konomi when she was feeling down.
Oct 11, 2020 1:58 AM

Jun 2019
I thought that the catgirl was nice but no. She was just another bully.
Also, 'WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER'.
My girl is into PUBG, I guess. lol
Oct 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Mar 2020
I liked that episode. They finally introduced us some of other climbers and it's starting to driving off slowly. In this moment I don't really get, why it has such a low score :D

“In my next life, I want to be me, and meet you again"

Oct 11, 2020 6:15 AM

Apr 2020
This show is growing on me. We got our first tournament taste in this series, with Konomi already getting nervous as a newbie will normally do. Sights are high, as Nonoka and Sayo are already doing well for themselves. But as Konomin as about to debut her climbing skills, we get a fellow player called Akane. Don't get caught by her purry ways, she can actually scratch you from the back. And Konomi took the bait which cost her first try.

Jun gave her an advice to trust herself and not others if she wish to win. Konomi regaining her drive tries to win for the second time but (in a sports anime) she actually fails. That was a something but just like they say. You don't succeed overnight, it takes some painful trial & error to gain something. And with that, her love of climbing has finally been cemented. With the whole team eyeing for the Nationals. I finally love this anime and I'm hoping for the team to take that chicken dinner at the end!

Now if you wish to move on from here, don't read beyond this point! Seriously.
Oct 11, 2020 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
That catpun girl was just horrible, but I think we're gonna see a whole lot of her. I have the feeling she will become the closest rival for Konomi.

Konomi was a bit of a fool to listen to an outsider, but managed to compose herself again in her second climb. Too bad she didn't finish her second climb either, but she made good progress for just her second climb.

"Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner", well Konomi is a gamer to the core. I loved that part XD
Oct 11, 2020 3:08 PM

May 2018

Rabbit ears, seriously, if this were a real climbing sport, she would have been kick out in no time.
Oct 11, 2020 4:23 PM
Jul 2020
Love the art style and the OST is very springy, deff gives me girls doing sports vibes. Not to sound cringey, but I feel as if I can feel their emotions (more specifically the Mc). My stomach was in knots while watching this I felt like I was doing all the stressing for her lmao. Highly enjoying this :)
AryaleOct 11, 2020 4:29 PM
Oct 11, 2020 4:40 PM
Jul 2020
raiderublaze said:
This show is growing on me. We got our first tournament taste in this series, with Konomi already getting nervous as a newbie will normally do. Sights are high, as Nonoka and Sayo are already doing well for themselves. But as Konomin as about to debut her climbing skills, we get a fellow player called Akane. Don't get caught by her purry ways, she can actually scratch you from the back. And Konomi took the bait which cost her first try.

Jun gave her an advice to trust herself and not others if she wish to win. Konomi regaining her drive tries to win for the second time but (in a sports anime) she actually fails. That was a something but just like they say. You don't succeed overnight, it takes some painful trial & error to gain something. And with that, her love of climbing has finally been cemented. With the whole team eyeing for the Nationals. I finally love this anime and I'm hoping for the team to take that chicken dinner at the end!

Now if you wish to move on from here, don't read beyond this point! Seriously.

omg love this lmao
Oct 11, 2020 7:30 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode, I definitely enjoyed that better than the first episode probably because the characters has already established themselves. And I am all about good and entertaining characters.

Akane is a bitch though, she puts cat girls name to shame. She doesn't deserve to use those cat puns lmao. Iwamine you better punish her right.

Konomi really do be representing the gamers in here, let's get them chicken dinner girls.
Oct 11, 2020 9:05 PM

Jul 2017
The show isn't necessarily entertaining or oozing good visuals, and the character interactions are mediocre but I do admire the dedication in showing the lessons and learning of rock climbing to have some somewhat organic development of skills in a weird way.
Oct 11, 2020 9:19 PM

Mar 2014
who promoted to adapt this manga into animation if the team did not even get enough budgets to draw more frames on the movements of climbing?
Oct 11, 2020 11:42 PM
Feb 2020
Ick, start of the episode is a Nico clone😖
I know they're supposed to be cute, but I wanted to strangle the cat and spider
BastionoOct 12, 2020 12:07 AM
Oct 12, 2020 12:01 AM
Dec 2019
Why did they need to put this "creepy" character in a sports anime tho? Nobody (at least i think) get scared at this and i cant laugh at her "excess of expressiveness" its just cringey...
Oct 12, 2020 12:23 AM

Oct 2007
first competition. Konomi is given bad advice, so she performs poorly... but thanks to Jun-chan, she is able to recover.

looking forward to next episode. :)
Oct 12, 2020 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was pretty cool and exciting too. That cat bitch was really annoying thou.
Oct 12, 2020 12:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I need to see more of the spider girl
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 12, 2020 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
loved who cliched this cr*p yet still so enjoyable!
was hoping for something like Hanebado but this'll do..
that Chicken Dinner OMG
Oct 12, 2020 3:15 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
I'm glad she didn't just destroy everyone on her 2nd day of climbing. Even though she's still extremely talented I guess.

I enjoy this show more than I should :)
Oct 12, 2020 8:05 PM

Dec 2016
How awful! I can't believe that girl pretend to be friendly to Konomi. That jealousy doesn't look good to that wannabe kitten. Not liking to see the others rise before her is a bad sign. Never trust your rivals! >-> At least Jun knew that girl is trouble. I really don't wanna know what that spider girl is going to do with that kitten thought XD

I wonder why the pop idols are included in climbing... it made me cringe a little. And a ballerina?? How does that even work? XD

Konomi did great for her first tornament. I want to see her progress at climbing from now on and can't wait for next week :)
PurpleGirl203Oct 12, 2020 8:08 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 12, 2020 8:25 PM

Mar 2018
Omg, that bigass spider metaphor creeps the hell out of me.

So they're not an underdog team like in most sports anime but already a well-known powerhouse? I like that part. It's refreshing for a change.

Oct 12, 2020 10:04 PM

Apr 2012
I'm just glad the mc isn't some Mary Sue that crushes everyone without explanation.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 13, 2020 3:48 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
I think that was the most grating cat-speak character I have ever heard in anime.
Oct 13, 2020 5:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I see... the focus on the competition scene is pretty good, looks like they're going to be a lot of opponents, the spider girl especially
Oct 13, 2020 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
It seemed to me like an episode of Pokémon or Beyblade, of those kids' animations. The spider girl reminded me a lot of Oshino Ougi from Monogatari.
Oct 13, 2020 7:12 AM

May 2012
6.38 only ???

It is so underrated.
Oct 13, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2018
Nice ep, I like that Konomi did pretty good for her first outing but didn't place unlike her more experienced club seniors.

That nya girl indulging in crab mentality.
But the rabbit spider girl will teach her a lesson, whatever that means....

Also I really wish they had more animation in the rock climbing parts.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 13, 2020 11:33 PM

Apr 2020
I never thought that Nono was so great, even though she has a small body,
Oct 14, 2020 4:48 AM

Dec 2010
Why is no one talking about Yukarin?!?! Though she only appeared in the first and last part of the episode.
That perpetual loli voice is <3

I'm still watching because I enjoy climbing and Sumippe and Ainya.

But the introduction of those awful "antagonists" was just bad. I hope they do improve on it next episode.
3/5
Oct 14, 2020 6:01 AM
Oct 2020
I registered just to post here hah

I'm a climber and watch an anime and I've always wanted a climbing anime, and it's here. Not perfect but it's here.

On the whole I would say the challenges she faces while climbing are real. Some are exaggerated while some are glossed over, but overall I'm happy with how the climbing is represented.

To echo what someone else said though, I do wish the animation whilst climbing was a bit better. It doesn't seem fluid enough and the body positions are a tiny bit off so you can't quite understand how her body is placed, but it does includes a monologue the situation so it's ok.

I'm also happy to answer any climbing related questions as well.
Oct 14, 2020 7:07 AM

Apr 2012
I'm... getting dizzy with the amount of eccentric characters this anime has lol. The nya girl was so irritating especially when she got so noisy during Konomi's climb :/

I hope they focus more on the actual climbing on the next episodes~ a lot of them were just like still cuts in this episode unfortunately.
Oct 14, 2020 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
just like Nonoka, the one who is more lighter and thinner body structure and a ripped muscle built, even if you're petite short is the ones who are more effective wall climber! but of course you have to be intelligent and quick in making strategic decisions especially if the rules are completing the course with lesser rock grips rather than time trial quick finishing...
4/5.

Oct 15, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
So we had the cat-talking girl, the spider onee-san, the school idol climber with animal ears and... a teaser of other animals competitors
Oct 16, 2020 12:34 AM
Jul 2020
I like how they are actually developing the plot, characters and the sport!... I thought this would again be a plotless ecchi stuff! but ah good going soo far!
Oct 17, 2020 1:22 AM

Jul 2017
It's only Episode 2, and so fast into the competition stage, to that and newbie Konomi sure is feeling the pressure. Guess this no different from series such as "Rifle Is Beautiful" with more-than-"enough" animation just to be flashy and then retreat to normal stuff.

Konomi sure is putting her puzzle-solving skills to the max, and so many animals characters to interact to and adding all the psychological play, that's some shitty sportsmanship if you'd ask me if taunting competitiors is the way to go to create some "drama".

But given how short this manga is in 4 volumes, I'd guess that this is going for a complete adaptation. If anything, not the best representation for sports, and there are better ones out there.

As for this episode, it's fine really. Nothing much to say, except of existing tropes that are in play.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER...NOPE.
Oct 18, 2020 3:34 AM

Dec 2018
It was so good .Jun helped her girlfriend and wasn't angry when she failed .She even defended and supported her. Awwwwww the little lesbian lovebirds are so cute together,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And Chinari dragged the cat lesbian away to have her fun with her ,,YEEEEEEEES

My angels wanna go to the national and battle against the other climbing lesbians.Its fun and gay as hell. So far I am enjoying this anime

Yuri-CrusaderOct 18, 2020 3:43 AM
Oct 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
this show can be so much better if it has better animation. i like the story so far, the nya girl is a bit cringy but i like everyone else. i don't see much fanservice (thank god). finally there's a decent girls sports anime that actually focuses on the sports. now if only it has better animation to actually show us most of the climbing, then it'd be even better
Oct 21, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2014
Hey @nikki-chan92
I think I found your favorite new character here.
Nov 2, 2020 2:51 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
'A newbie once showed me up, so now I despise all newbies.' THE WORST BACKSTORY EVER, I SWEAR.
And then when she was screaming from the crowd I woulda been like, "Seriously? Silence from the crowd please". But also like... where did she take her...?;; Spooky.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Sep 2018
Quite interesting also this episode even if it gets lost in little compelling and almost childish things. The storytelling at times is also funny, but it made me turn up my nose at the episode when the atmosphere was less serious and more doomed. Drawings and animations sufficient as quality, some merits seen previously are to be professional when needed during the narration and to have a pinch of realism, despite the pindaric flights of President Sayo.
Feb 21, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Winner winner chicken dinner, true gamergirl we got there. A lot of pressure on Konomi, understandable that she lost by taking advice from a stranger and also her muscles giving out considering she literally started the day before with the sport.

May 27, 2021 5:29 AM
Aug 2017
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what happend to Akane and Chinari in the dressing room?
Seemed extremely r#pey or is that just my mind?
May 27, 2021 5:30 AM
Aug 2017
Swiggy said:
But also like... where did she take her...?;; Spooky.

EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, what the hell does she mean "I'll give you a good dressing down"
Jul 17, 2021 5:36 AM

Feb 2020
I wonder what that "Black Widow" Iwamine did to Akane? :D Her bunny ears are cute. :3

Akane and her constant cat puns are hilarious.

Konomi did a great job. It was only her first competition.

SerafosDec 30, 2023 11:44 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Terrible sportsmanship compared to irl climbers

BiscuitsAnimeAlt - May 16, 2021

7 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

110 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

73 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by JAC67 »»
Jul 6, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

31 by MyLadyShip »»
Jan 4, 2023 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.