Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Iwamine girl is creepy, especially when she got into Konomi's face.

Out of the competitors, Masumi Fujita kinda impresse me this episode. On the other hand, I hope Konomi can get it together. She's training hard but need to see more improvement.
Nov 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Not the result the girls wanted, but it wouldn’t be a good story if everything was just handed to them in the first competition. Jun and Konomi will come back more motivated and determined than ever. Can’t wait to see how much they grow over 6 months and take on the competition. Great ep as usual.
Nov 21, 2020 11:48 AM

Sep 2019
Konomi finally fell and I’m glad she did, her completing everything in one try “power” was unfair and stupid.
Nov 21, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
z00nex said:
Konomi finally fell and I’m glad she did, her completing everything in one try “power” was unfair and stupid.

Konomi's strategy is to analyze and strategize which routes and climbing methods should be used per round. She doesn't climb until she figures out which route to take. It's like a mental puzzle for her.
The other contestants were just figuring it out when they are climbing.
She has a different approach than the others. She is mentally calculating it before she climbs. So she can run out of time easily.

Iwamine is the spider ace though.

I still think this anime is missing a spark. Like it's very well drawn, but missing that emotional intensity or lacking something that makes it more engaging and interesting.
Nov 21, 2020 12:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They didn't win but it was still worth it and it's a great experience for them, now they just need to be more skilled for the next competition.
And that scene where they were all cheering Yotsuba was really good to be honest
Nov 21, 2020 1:27 PM

Mar 2019
Hmm...somehow very disliked this episode....

Well...at least she didn't win..it is already tooo impressive just starting a new sport and getting to the final...winning would make it even more ridiculous.

Tbh just let Jun-chan quit. If she wants to quit let her.
Nov 21, 2020 2:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Did they have some budget issues? It seemed almost like the series was going to end there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 21, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
I'm assuming Konomi wasn't able to send any of the routes. Too bad.

Six months till the next tournament and I'm looking forward to seeing Konomi's improvement as well as Jun's.

Nov 21, 2020 2:37 PM
Jul 2020
Okay, so miss Konomi isn't some perfect prodigy. Can't wait to see their progression as a team, and hope Jun becomes a badass with her personal training!!
Nov 21, 2020 2:38 PM
Jul 2020
Farabeuf said:
Did they have some budget issues? It seemed almost like the series was going to end there.

wdym by that?

15 character count
Nov 21, 2020 2:52 PM

Oct 2007
not really liking this "almost everyone in the main cast must have drama" approach.

drop if nothing good happens on the next episode.

edit: dropped now.
Liddo-kunNov 24, 2020 5:44 AM
Nov 21, 2020 2:57 PM
Aug 2020
Worst episode so far, noticed some animation errors and the pacing was horrible.
Nov 21, 2020 4:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hah, what a surprising end for me. Konomin didn't even finished every final challenge? It might trying to portray a relatable situations to the real lifes of these sport, that how the rookie will never finished at least to the podium at their first try, and how Sayo-chi decided to withdraw after having such a sudden injury. I am kinda appreciated with the show guts to play off my feeling about the end of the competition. I think, this is the best route they could afford to characterized Konomin action toward her newly experience she got on that first tournament. She was still new, and its a good experience for her before stepping up into a lot tension tournament in the upcoming event. But i am kinda feared with a pink girl expectations. She might ended up became an arrogant bs girl again. Lol.

The support system for the girls took a lot of attention there than i can imagined before, by looking at how Masumi finished the final stage and conquer her fear: she just needed her teams to supported her until the end of the day. Also, its explained why suddenly Sayo-chi had a courage to finished her semis challenge even though she had a damn injury on her finger. An okay reason to concluded the result of those tournament!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 21, 2020 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Iwamine is very scary. So Jun is training in a very interesting, very cool episode.

Nov 21, 2020 5:49 PM

Mar 2010
It felt like the ending of the anime in the most mellow dramatic way.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 21, 2020 5:49 PM

Apr 2020
For some reason, the pacing went overboard in this episode. Sayo got her finger suddenly injured, and even if she passed, she will never play. But wait, we got a "you can do it" cliche (god I hate that shit) But wait we're already in the finals!!! The hell?!! There was no breathing room there. And Konomi is gonna win this for sure, oh wait she slipped again. Didn't expect that but if she only observes without a strong foundation, she will set definitely lose. Fujita actually got the spotlight here to prove to her comrades that she is a true leader in their camp.

Well it feels like a (weak) ending tbh. But we got four more episodes, so we'll get the national tournament arc. Worst episode of the show, all of them should improve but the anime did a speedrun this week that I didn't like.
Nov 21, 2020 9:57 PM

Oct 2016
Yotsuba managed to clear the final wall with an injured finger in the semi's thanks to the power of support. Though reckless, it deserves some respect. As much as I want Konomi to shine, she still needs more experience and training. She shined a bit already in the semi's anyway but, her skills has it's limits.

Congratulations to Fujita though for being the champ. Niijima perseverance led her to 3rd place lmao, that's honestly amazing. Well, decent episode more training we go.
Nov 22, 2020 5:06 AM

Jul 2017
If I have to sum this episode in one go, it'd be Tamayomi's "on life support" character development once again...of which it's the least favourite episodes.

First the over-analytical Konomi; Second the try-hard Jun, and now the reckless captain Yotsuba with her middle finger's fracture...the whole Hanayima team is in danger, much less under immense pressure. Unlike the 1st 2 though, at least Yotsuba manages to ace it thanks to the over-cliche "power of support" (NGL, I cringe when sports anime try to do this without ANY rhyme of reason for plot conveniences a.k.a character drama).

Spider Iwamine still is creepy, but at least she has the calibre to back it up. As much as Konomi has usurped a top placing finish, placing her rookie status on the forefront sure is intimidating. The "life support" once again reflects on Fujita, and an overall good effort to come out tops. But overall, a melodramatic finish to the top.

Konomi, NOT every problem can be solved with your head, learn to utilize your body more and train better to get more experience. And Jun is such a sore loser to displace her position in the Hanamiya Team rather than face her problems head-on together, but to each her own.

Another competition in 6 months, another test format from a stepping stone of a competition. Time to ready yourself in all aspects girls!

Once again, another OK episode, but the worst so far.
Nov 22, 2020 6:20 AM

Oct 2017
Lol I thought for sure Masumin was gonna break the elephant with her butt like last time.

Welp as expected they couldn't do that well this time but they'll do better next time for sure.
Nov 22, 2020 6:37 AM

Apr 2015
I kinda expected this to become the result after all. Konomi is too inexperienced after all. What Yotsuba did was very reckless and not really captain worthy if you ask me. Gotta look after yourself instead of showing off towards others.

An ok episode, but damn pacing was quick. We didn't get to see any of the finale climbs of konomi which felt weird as she's suppose to be the "star".
Nov 22, 2020 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
It's okay to lose but I didn't like the way the anime showed it. It was stupid, it looked like a comedy anime of the worst kind. It didn't match the style the anime was having so far.
Nov 22, 2020 11:51 AM

May 2018
Don't tell me that Sayo's dirty finger just suffered a dislocation?????

So, even with an injured finger Sayo manages to get to the semis, but that's as far as she can go with a bad finger like that, so , it's now up to Konomi to bring home the bacon.......too bad she didn't.
JiangHaoyi1979Nov 22, 2020 12:01 PM
Nov 22, 2020 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty disappointing episode, honestly. Sayo's performance and the way how she used the public on her favor was indeed pretty cool to see but man, what an anticlimactic way to conclude an overall entertaining competition. Barely FOUR minutes were focused on the finals and the girls from the first places weren't even shown climbing. In the end, simply saying that Fujita won because Iwamine needed more attempts feels completely shallow this way.
Nov 23, 2020 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
Konomi Kasahara, what a useless prick! only good at first few rounds!
and she's the cause why Hanamiya didn't get any reward!
looks like a bad thing to leave it up to her huh...
3/5.

Nov 24, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2018
Well I first didn't think the finals would take place right away, but ok. However I really didn't expect it would be done in like 1 min (we barely saw anything...)
Nov 25, 2020 10:06 AM
Dec 2019
Why this "spider" character is so fucking cringe?
Nov 26, 2020 4:12 AM

Apr 2020
Konomin and the others are lose, and hopefully they will win in the next tournament
Dec 20, 2020 3:01 PM

Dec 2016
Oh no, Konomi didn't make it :( ... but there's still a second chance! When next time comes for the next tornament, I'm hopping they'll be on top 3 ;) until then, let's see how this goes :D Next mission: Working hard!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 20, 2020 11:47 PM

Aug 2018
I mean its good that Konomi lost to the finals because yea we know shes talented but she still lack experienced in very competitive competition like this she needs to develop more. It will be unrealistic if Konomi wins this against experienced climbers that won multiple competions.

Also im surprised that blue haired girl won this i expect that spider girl to win lol also its surprising that the zombie girl Kaoru won 3rd place. The results were fine i like it, its unpredictable.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 22, 2021 1:43 AM

Jul 2015
Lot of pressure on Konomi as the experienced teammembers can't compete, still quite the miracle by how much she achieved as rookie. So Jun is going on a solo training and Konomi is probably getting a software update, to the next tournament arc!

Jul 17, 2021 11:25 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good episode.

Konomi finally fell which was kinda expected.

Six months untill the next tournament. I'm sure Jun and Konomi will come back more motivated, stronger and determined than ever before.
Jan 4, 2023 6:59 AM
Jul 2022
I shed a tear a bit when Nono got a reality check of how short she is compared to average. And she worked so hard to grow bigger >.<

More topics from this board

» Terrible sportsmanship compared to irl climbers

BiscuitsAnimeAlt - May 16, 2021

7 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

110 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

73 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by JAC67 »»
Jul 6, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

47 by Martynator »»
Sep 5, 2022 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.