Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2020 4:48 AM

Dec 2010
Why is no one talking about Yukarin?!?! Though she only appeared in the first and last part of the episode.
That perpetual loli voice is <3

I'm still watching because I enjoy climbing and Sumippe and Ainya.

But the introduction of those awful "antagonists" was just bad. I hope they do improve on it next episode.
3/5
Oct 14, 2020 6:01 AM
Oct 2020
I registered just to post here hah

I'm a climber and watch an anime and I've always wanted a climbing anime, and it's here. Not perfect but it's here.

On the whole I would say the challenges she faces while climbing are real. Some are exaggerated while some are glossed over, but overall I'm happy with how the climbing is represented.

To echo what someone else said though, I do wish the animation whilst climbing was a bit better. It doesn't seem fluid enough and the body positions are a tiny bit off so you can't quite understand how her body is placed, but it does includes a monologue the situation so it's ok.

I'm also happy to answer any climbing related questions as well.
Oct 14, 2020 7:07 AM

Apr 2012
I'm... getting dizzy with the amount of eccentric characters this anime has lol. The nya girl was so irritating especially when she got so noisy during Konomi's climb :/

I hope they focus more on the actual climbing on the next episodes~ a lot of them were just like still cuts in this episode unfortunately.
Oct 14, 2020 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
just like Nonoka, the one who is more lighter and thinner body structure and a ripped muscle built, even if you're petite short is the ones who are more effective wall climber! but of course you have to be intelligent and quick in making strategic decisions especially if the rules are completing the course with lesser rock grips rather than time trial quick finishing...
4/5.

Oct 15, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
So we had the cat-talking girl, the spider onee-san, the school idol climber with animal ears and... a teaser of other animals competitors
Oct 16, 2020 12:34 AM
Jul 2020
I like how they are actually developing the plot, characters and the sport!... I thought this would again be a plotless ecchi stuff! but ah good going soo far!
Oct 17, 2020 1:22 AM

Jul 2017
It's only Episode 2, and so fast into the competition stage, to that and newbie Konomi sure is feeling the pressure. Guess this no different from series such as "Rifle Is Beautiful" with more-than-"enough" animation just to be flashy and then retreat to normal stuff.

Konomi sure is putting her puzzle-solving skills to the max, and so many animals characters to interact to and adding all the psychological play, that's some shitty sportsmanship if you'd ask me if taunting competitiors is the way to go to create some "drama".

But given how short this manga is in 4 volumes, I'd guess that this is going for a complete adaptation. If anything, not the best representation for sports, and there are better ones out there.

As for this episode, it's fine really. Nothing much to say, except of existing tropes that are in play.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER...NOPE.
Oct 18, 2020 3:34 AM

Dec 2018
It was so good .Jun helped her girlfriend and wasn't angry when she failed .She even defended and supported her. Awwwwww the little lesbian lovebirds are so cute together,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And Chinari dragged the cat lesbian away to have her fun with her ,,YEEEEEEEES

My angels wanna go to the national and battle against the other climbing lesbians.Its fun and gay as hell. So far I am enjoying this anime

Yuri-CrusaderOct 18, 2020 3:43 AM
Oct 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
this show can be so much better if it has better animation. i like the story so far, the nya girl is a bit cringy but i like everyone else. i don't see much fanservice (thank god). finally there's a decent girls sports anime that actually focuses on the sports. now if only it has better animation to actually show us most of the climbing, then it'd be even better
Oct 21, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2014
Hey @nikki-chan92
I think I found your favorite new character here.
Nov 2, 2020 2:51 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
'A newbie once showed me up, so now I despise all newbies.' THE WORST BACKSTORY EVER, I SWEAR.
And then when she was screaming from the crowd I woulda been like, "Seriously? Silence from the crowd please". But also like... where did she take her...?;; Spooky.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Sep 2018
Quite interesting also this episode even if it gets lost in little compelling and almost childish things. The storytelling at times is also funny, but it made me turn up my nose at the episode when the atmosphere was less serious and more doomed. Drawings and animations sufficient as quality, some merits seen previously are to be professional when needed during the narration and to have a pinch of realism, despite the pindaric flights of President Sayo.
Feb 21, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
Winner winner chicken dinner, true gamergirl we got there. A lot of pressure on Konomi, understandable that she lost by taking advice from a stranger and also her muscles giving out considering she literally started the day before with the sport.

May 27, 2021 5:29 AM
Aug 2017
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what happend to Akane and Chinari in the dressing room?
Seemed extremely r#pey or is that just my mind?
May 27, 2021 5:30 AM
Aug 2017
Swiggy said:
But also like... where did she take her...?;; Spooky.

EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, what the hell does she mean "I'll give you a good dressing down"
Jul 17, 2021 5:36 AM

Feb 2020
I wonder what that "Black Widow" Iwamine did to Akane? :D Her bunny ears are cute. :3

Akane and her constant cat puns are hilarious.

Konomi did a great job. It was only her first competition.

SerafosDec 30, 2023 11:44 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Terrible sportsmanship compared to irl climbers

BiscuitsAnimeAlt - May 16, 2021

7 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

110 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

73 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by JAC67 »»
Jul 6, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

31 by MyLadyShip »»
Jan 4, 2023 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.