Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2020 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, this show has no shame, at least when it comes to its fan service. Hoshino got that accidental embrace right off the bat.

I'm not impressed by this Retto guy. He apologizes but looks like an idiot. Nothing special about his personality either. It seems this is an introductory episode two of the main leads, setting, etc for now including some flashbacks.
Jul 3, 2020 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
WELP, just as I'd expect.

So an introduction into HxEros (because I couldn't care enough) as a manga reader, think of Val x Love, the overused tropes and cliches, in every conceivable way, better by only a tad (but don't get your hopes high).

The typical harem ecchi cliche, the male lead protagonist and the "childhood friend", between male lead Enjou Retto and "first crush" Iron Maiden Hoshino Kirara.
And cliche "alien monster" censor bugs who steal people's "Hentai" eros energy (essentially devoid of their souls, for a lack of a better simple explanation).

For the ecchi fans, forget about the ecchi shots in the manga, practically non-existent in the anime (if AT-X's broadcast is any indication of an uncensored version).

Even more, is the Power Rangers style...that people will see immediately.
A male MC (only aided by materialism), and an incredibly OP female MC counterpart (more to come), all the nightmares from Val X Love are coming back.

A decent start I suppose. BURNOUT SYNDROME'S OP still rocks, though nowhere as striking as Dr. Stone's "Good Morning, World!".

KANLen09Jul 3, 2020 8:29 AM
Jul 3, 2020 8:27 AM

Sep 2018
firsth ep on tv was censored and uncen ver is unsure af since its AT-X
Jul 3, 2020 8:29 AM

Sep 2018
however when i watched the ads after the episode aired i think when the blu-ray comes out it will be uncensored there which means after the anime finishes
Jul 3, 2020 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
So much shameless fanservice, what a piece of work. XD

Will definitely wait for bluray release for uncensored version.

Fine introduction, probably written for two episodes, so rest of setting and introductions probably arrive in 2nd episode.

Nice power rangers vibe, laughed my arse off, clearly done for fun without any depth, perfectly fits it's own borderline ecchi.

Much better than I expect actually.
Jul 3, 2020 9:19 AM

Nov 2016
I'm certainly one of the last people who would mind some weekly dose of fanservice. The last battle ecchi I can think of was Val x Love, average, but watchable and this seems like even more silly fun.

And Burnout Syndromes for the opening? Color me surprised, the song is one of their weaker ones, vocally a bit weird(even for their standards), but strangely enough it's a somewhat good fit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2020 10:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha the story is quite ridiculous to be honest but I think I will enjoy this.
The main girl (Hoshino) is really cute, I thought she was going to be annoying because of her hates toward men but I guess she's attracted only to the main boy so it's great.

The animation is really good to be honest, I didn't expect it to be like that.
The more you are perverted the stronger you are xD
And lol they added an harem at the end of the episode, i'm looking forward to learn more about the other girls they can be interesting.

I just hope they will develop more the Kiseishuu, it can be better on this side.
Jul 3, 2020 10:22 AM

Nov 2018
It's definitely a piece of work but I will look forward to being able to see this uncensored eventually.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 3, 2020 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
First anime I'm seeing of the new Summer 2020 season and my god it's a unshockingly poor start. I was not expecting anything serious at all with a dumb little show like this but not even the art and girls look that good at all (main girl looks so badly colored in). I am curious though about more of the actual powers but that's about it. Feels weird that BURNOUT SYNDROMES are working on a show like this ngl.
Jul 3, 2020 11:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, I wasn't expecting anything great but got a half-decent enough ride nonetheless. Backstory for the "Yellow Girl" was just as whack as the premise of the show and it honestly made me a chuckle a bit. Sorry for my rudeness there, lol.

Animation had its phases, both up and down. Soundtrack seemed surprisingly good and the Op quite good too, that's BURNOUT SYNDROMES for you.

I don't know how long I'll keep up with this ride. Picked it up solely because of its searing popularity, after all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 3, 2020 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
The quality was great but holy fuck this is so stupid lmao
Jul 3, 2020 12:10 PM

May 2018
IMAO, you'd be better going with the manga.....
Jul 3, 2020 12:37 PM
Jun 2019
Better than I thought ,The animation quality is very good and the fan service is also not too much
Jul 3, 2020 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
There's plenty of stuff I'd like to comment on, but I'm too perplexed and underwhelmed (amazing that's it's both of these at the same time).

I know I've seen shit like this many times before, but holy fuck this was bad.
Jul 3, 2020 12:46 PM
Jun 2019
Please don't give a bad rating to this anime, this is only the first episode please, and also enjoy it first when watching it, don't judge a book by its cover, because if you guys are stupid, you will definitely be Shows that this anime is bad when it isn't.So please, especially the stupid weebs The ones who act like they are disgusted know you look at you, so the point is to enjoy it first, then it's ok
Jul 3, 2020 1:00 PM

Feb 2019
I was expecting something more stupid, but it's just a uninspired ridiculous show and therefore boring and nothing stimulating.
You could remove every bit of the corny/dumb "sex-powered" premise, and nothing in the episode would change. I mean that quite literally, as it doesn't actually engage with that premise at all. Not on the level where it yells out an explanation and then someone faceplants to show that it's meant to be taken as a joke. Not that they explain it at length. Not really anything at all. The closest it comes is that the main girl is a bit of a standoffish bitch because she's repressed, but then they hold hands while running away from a bug, which makes her remember a time when she wasn't a standoffish bitch, so she grows into a standoffish bitch.

I guess at least the male lead is already in the hero role and fighting monsters, so we're spared any part of his origin story where he's a pathetic loser who just wants a regular life, but then we have to get to the 'fights' being someone grunting, their clothes explode, and then they punch a bug. That's it. That's both the fights. The entirety of both the fights. Not even well animated clothing exploding or a punch. It's not even taking its premise and trying to run with it to ridiculous levels. It's just a really generic, really poorly made generic Tokusatsu knockoff show that they've shoe-horned about 15 seconds of fanservice into to try to give it a gimmick. Very BAD
Jul 3, 2020 1:11 PM

Nov 2017
okay decent start. I laughed a few times, and I don't dislike any characters, in fact I'm looking forward to see more of those other hero girls.
Also really nice ED.

plz @ me
Jul 3, 2020 1:31 PM

Dec 2018
if they were going to create an anime of power rangers that at least had a more original twist like "ore no twintails", or go further as seikon no qwaser, who leaves you stupefied by the level of fanservice it had and at least the sucking breasts if it was related to the plot but it is as if the author woke up one day without inspiration and decided to create this... 😪👎
Jul 3, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2015
I am not surprised, I got exactly what I was expecting. I swear, how does Matsuoka keep getting these kind of roles? XD

Anyway, the premise is super weird, but I can dig it. Fanservice is pretty good, girls are cute. MC looks like Emija and lives together with 4 girls, yeah I can see where this is going!

Will see where this will go, but gonna keep my expectations low! It's a decent start, biggest surprise was seeing BURNOUT SYNDROMES doing the OP for this show XD
Jul 3, 2020 1:42 PM
Mar 2016
I was interested to see how they would handle this in the anime and i can't wait for best girl to show up. They got a great voice actor for the main guy.
Jul 3, 2020 1:50 PM

Jan 2019
Akazukin_Desu said:
however when i watched the ads after the episode aired i think when the blu-ray comes out it will be uncensored there which means after the anime finishes

Yeah, i wait for the blu-ray version to. I think it will be a better experience. xD
Jul 3, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2019
Manga is better,but still i am glad there is something for men of culture this season,after Ishuzoku Reviewers ended.
Jul 3, 2020 2:49 PM

Jan 2020
One Punch Hentai.
Jul 3, 2020 2:57 PM

Jul 2017
alright, what the flying fuck did I just watch?

Before I say anything though, I'm absolutely loving the artstyle, looks so damn good.

The rest of the show is......weird I guess? You can tell this is definitely one for the ecchi fans lol, just the whole premise is kinda wacky. Characters I didn't mind too much, would've been nice to see the relationship with the 2 main leads grow (could even be an ecchi romance) but unfortunately I feel like she's just gonna get tossed aside for the obvious harem is obvious. The premise behind it is quite a journey lol. I think honestly if this show took a less serious approach to things and was more of just for shits and giggles it could actually be quite good but judging from this first ep it seems to be taking a more serious approach on things

Will probably wait for the uncensored version to release (if it's gonna be cast simultaneously) for the full experience ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )

CeddyyBearr said:
I am not surprised, I got exactly what I was expecting. I swear, how does Matsuoka keep getting these kind of roles? XD

He is the harem king after all lolol
Jul 3, 2020 3:14 PM

Sep 2018
Gorks88 said:
Akazukin_Desu said:

Yeah, i wait for the blu-ray version to. I think it will be a better experience. xD

i literally putted it on hold just for that so sad and i died to watch some ecchi and went to watch nande koko ni sensei ga? uncen lul funny enough its from AT-X as well had to air the full anime just to get uncen
Jul 3, 2020 3:17 PM
Nov 2019
So this is within Funimations company standards....

I can see where they spent the money and it wasn't on the story line....

pity the sparkly stars are a bit too large & bright
Jul 3, 2020 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
So Kenzen Robo Daimidaler meets Gonna Be The Twintail for this Super Sentai "Ero" compiliation of what-the-fuckery? Wow.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 3, 2020 3:41 PM

Feb 2016
Brain.exe has stopped working
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 3, 2020 3:49 PM

Jun 2014
I have no idea why I decided to pick up this show......maybe for shits and giggles I guess. I got exactly what I expected, this looks like it'll be my "turn my brain off and enjoy the stupidity" show for this season.

Also idk how I feel about Burnout Syndrome's OP (used as the ED for this episode). I tend to like all their songs but this one seemed pretty odd lol, might have to give it a few more listens. Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting them to work on a show like this.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 3, 2020 4:02 PM

Sep 2016
What is this I don't even. No, seriously, this show is so dumb that it made me time slip back to my teenage years just so I could say "I am 12 and what is this". How could a story so dumb and generic get production value this high? Burnout Syndromes, Matsuoka, Kakuma, Kayano... On paper, this should be a huge success, but there *are* limits to what throwing money at a bad story can do, I guess.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jul 3, 2020 4:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
NEVER CHANGE JAPAN

NEVER

EVER

FUCKING

CHANGE!
Jul 3, 2020 4:25 PM

Oct 2009
Japan!!! You are the best!!!
Jul 3, 2020 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
I should really stop thinking Japan can't surprise anymore only to be get shock yet again.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 3, 2020 5:18 PM

Feb 2014
I just gonna wait for the uncensored version next weeks, I waited for Ishuzoku Reviewers and the sensei short, I'm patient like that.
Jul 3, 2020 5:40 PM

Feb 2016
Well as expected it's censored but still seems to be a fine adaptation to me. The animation too is not bad
Maybe we'll get an uncensored ver.
Jul 3, 2020 5:43 PM

Dec 2018
The staff announced time ago that a "H Energy Unleashed" version will stream exclusively in dAnime Store in July 9, probably the uncensored version.
Jul 3, 2020 5:48 PM

Jul 2014
Was this supposed to be a comedy? I can't even tell. I'm not even disappointed, I just feel bad for the people that had to work on this.
Jul 3, 2020 5:57 PM
Aug 2019
I have seen dumber ecchis... It have potential to be something good but it doub it. i bet i will drop it after the first 3 episodes lmao.
Jul 3, 2020 6:39 PM
Jun 2017
im going to find the uncensored one later... hahaha..

anyways this looks fun, so im going to watch this one... enemy draining H-energy... wahahaha... and we have some heroes to deal with it and some fan service... yeah...
Jul 3, 2020 6:41 PM

Jan 2019
First episode kind of mehh, still will watch.
Sadly this one is licensed by funimation so be ready for them canceling it just for the lulz, like how they did with ishuzoku reviewers.

I guess there are always the raw files and fan made subs in worst case.
rieihdiusJul 3, 2020 11:39 PM
Jul 3, 2020 7:00 PM

Nov 2014
was not expecting that op to be done by burnout syndromes holy shit lol
Jul 3, 2020 7:01 PM

Mar 2016
Instant drop, no second thoughts are required.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 3, 2020 7:29 PM

Jan 2011
i can't believe BURNOUT SYNDROMES is doing a op for this shit i'm less shocked by Matsuoka voicing the MC

honestly thought it was only World’s End Harem that had such a dumb premise that should've only been a doujin but here we are

thought it would ride heavily on the comedy for how stupid it was but it really didn't so yeah.. not great but it looks decent and that's usual what matters for these kind of shows

you have to wonder what a meeting discussing something like this looks like and then people are like lets throw some money at it lol
Jul 3, 2020 8:08 PM

Sep 2017
read the manga and finally an adaptation, lol this is such a guilty pleasure anime

patiently waiting for the uncensored version so i could enjoy them bonkers to the fullest
Jul 3, 2020 8:11 PM
Nov 2019
Hmmm... A decent start i think. Idk what to say. I didn't read the manga, and i watch this anime because 2 of my favourite voice actors take part in this series tho. The story and the animation are good enough (at least for episode 1, and what the heck is that ONE PUNCH thing 😅), and yeah maybe i'll watch it again next week.
Jul 3, 2020 8:15 PM

Apr 2015
Looks like I'm gonna wait for the uncensored version, censored versions are garbage.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 3, 2020 8:18 PM

Oct 2019
Just like I thought the anime relies on ero jokes and fanservice for it's plot and characters though the action scenes was better than I imagined(lol).

Jul 3, 2020 8:28 PM
Mar 2018
I could totally see the "ecchi atmosphere" from the anime, the story it's a bit (okay maybe a lot) predictable, for example that stair scene, and when he met that mantis monster again, i could totally tell that he will protect her and with all of sudden a power-up come to him and do a one hit to the monster.

the only thing i couldn't predict in the anime is the opening song, where most of the ecchi anime sung by a female singer. but this anime is actually sung by burnout syndromes.
Jul 3, 2020 8:29 PM
Feb 2020
Generic ecchi trash but it was still enjoyable despite the censorship.
Jul 3, 2020 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
Censored or not, this first episode didn't really have the feeling of a fanservice show. More like a send-up of one.

As far as everything else, I was expecting much worse.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dokyuu Hentai HxEros Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

32 by bakakisima »»
Apr 20, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Dokyuu Hentai HxEros Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

50 by bakakisima »»
Apr 19, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Dokyuu Hentai HxEros Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

61 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 16, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Dokyuu Hentai HxEros Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2020

28 by unHOLYpotato »»
Sep 20, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Dokyuu Hentai HxEros Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2020

50 by HanamiDango »»
Jul 23, 2023 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.