Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was actually an improvement, this was by far the best episode so far. Ofc a lot of stuff was less than ideal, specially the death shower and Garou’s speech should have been done better, but compared to the rest of the season, this was pretty good. At least there was some relatively fluid movement, and garou didn’t look like a total dork 24/7. Genos vs garou also looked pretty decent, and for once they actually managed to keep Garou’s character design mostly consistent, and that while having it actually look like him. Bang and bomb were also handled well.
This is by far the best episode this season, the rest doesn’t even compare, which doesn’t mean much, but still.
It won’t save s2 as a whole, but it makes swallowing it a bit easier.
xShinigami3125Jun 25, 2019 10:04 AM
Jun 25, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like we got a mixture of A and B rank heroes against Garou. There's even some slight background story about his past.

Yeah, he ain't giving up without a fight. This was pretty expected with Garou's personality. That Garou vs Genos fight though.
Jun 25, 2019 10:01 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Garou vs. A-class heroes was okay, Some good cuts and some not too good cuts. More specifically, Garou running was quite the "visual spectacle". But the artwork for Garou in this episode was mostly perfect. But Garou vs. Genos was actually quite good. Genos getting up made me laugh way harder than it should've though, lol. Clearly efforts being put into this, but they really needed a better schedule to have a more polished product. Best episode of the season yet though. You can't get better content than an entire episode focused on Garou, lol.
Jun 25, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2019
Stark700 said:
Looks like we got a mixture of A and B rank heroes against Garou. There's even some slight background story about his past.

Yeah, he ain't giving up without a fight. This was pretty expected with Garou's personality. That Garou vs Genos fight though.
Hi stark!Where did you watch the 11th episode,because I can't seem to fint it.Thanks in advance ^.^.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 25, 2019 10:37 AM

Feb 2018
Given how fight-heavy this episode was, it could've been a lot worse. The choreography was probably the best we've seen from any episode so far.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 25, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2018
This was a really good episode, definetly the closest we got from S1 quality. I can't congrat the staff enough for pulling off something this good under such awful condition. Really shows that with a better schedule, it could have been really great.

That said I'm still a bit confused about how Garou turns his hair orange. I guess it's because of the blood but it's still unclear as to WHY he does that, it was not clear in the manga either.
Jun 25, 2019 10:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As a manga reader, I knew I wasn't going to be crazy about this episode since it can basically be called The Adventures of Garou. I dislike loud, one track mind characters like him.

That being said, the action and choreography was surprisingly good, considering the results we've had this season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 25, 2019 10:49 AM

Feb 2019
This was better than I was expecting but that is not saying much. Surprised they stuck to one fight nearly the entire episode. Some of the cuts were interesting but lots were bad, but at least it was Garou centric. Still missing the thrill of Saitama jumping in and one-punching everything.
Jun 25, 2019 10:50 AM
Nov 2016
I haven't watched this episode yet but seeing you guys praising this episode is making me excited.

Finally, 2 good episodes in a row, this never happened in OPM S02, it was mostly 1 good episode and 5 or 6 bad/mediocre episodes in a row. I will watch it in a couple of minutes to finally see the hype surrounding this episode.
Jun 25, 2019 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode. Garou Vs Genos fight was great though.

Garou had some trouble dealing with those A-Class heroes, though he was able to defeat them.

Jun 25, 2019 10:59 AM

Apr 2014
Easily the best episode so far. This is my favorite scene in the manga and honestly one of my favorite scenes in all of anime/manga, so I'm glad that the studio seems to have put way more effort into it (even if it still isn't up to S1 standards). I even did a cosplay of Death Gatling because of this scene.

TheCommoner said:
This was better than I was expecting but that is not saying much. Surprised they stuck to one fight nearly the entire episode. Some of the cuts were interesting but lots were bad, but at least it was Garou centric. Still missing the thrill of Saitama jumping in and one-punching everything.

The fight scene in the manga is LONG. It's actually going by pretty quickly.
Jun 25, 2019 11:03 AM

Jan 2018
best episode so far. Garo's character is one of the few anti-heroes that I admire and his story is just pure bliss. my question is why did Garo's hair color changed to an orange tint? blood? stress? something like kaneki's case?

this a very huge don't open if not read manga
Jun 25, 2019 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
EpsilonX said:
The fight scene in the manga is LONG. It's actually going by pretty quickly.
That is good to know, this is the best thing to happen in the entire season in terms of pace and story. It is nice not being tossed around from scene to scene at odd moments like every other episode.
Jun 25, 2019 11:11 AM
Jun 2014
One of the best episodes of the season so far. I can see this studio is trying to get up there with quality (for the most part). Not on par with Mad House, but this was an enjoyable episode.
Jun 25, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
Well was waiting too see this animated for long time now.Definitely best episode of s2 . Even if they ruined some previous awesome moments and action scenes this was pretty well done in comparison to other episodes of s2.
Jun 25, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2017
Tremendous fight this one.

Garou has received so much at this point that is now looking like he might lose this fight.

What can possibly happen next?
Jun 25, 2019 11:27 AM
Sep 2015
I already give 10/10 everytime I see Garo but
Garo now tears his cloth off even more 11/10 !!!
Garo heavily sexy breathing 100/10 !!!!
Am I the only one who think that Garo and Suiryu is the perfect match (both on stage and on the bed) despite they never met?
Jun 25, 2019 11:33 AM

Nov 2010
Wow a good fighting animation - when Garo was hitting Stinger. Finally a bit of animation instead of slow mo still shots.
Jun 25, 2019 11:48 AM
Dec 2017
Damn. Big improvements on the art and animation. Great episode imo. Hope this will continue next episode. Pretty lit fight coming up between bang and garou (if it’s like the manga)
Jun 25, 2019 11:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode! Easily the best of the Season, actually!

Garou’s pretty much become the main focus of the season, especially for the last two episodes, and it’s awesome to see him shine! Taking down all those A and B Class Heroes like that was bloody amazing, got to give it to the man! Sad to see the little kid rejecting him like that though but well even he knows that there’s no helping that. Genos v Garou was pretty dope too! Finally, there’s some excellent action choreography and it totally delivered! But it seems as though as it’s checkmate for Garou. He’s done exceedingly well to stay alive in the game so far (seriously how though?).

On the other hand, Saitama is finally on his way here to the battlefield. About time, really. Next episode preview promises some more glorious action though so looking forward to that!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 25, 2019 11:53 AM
Dec 2016
The animation style has drastically changed, I'm amazed by how awesome the fight animation looks. This might be best fight of the season. Give Garou a break coz I really wanna know if he could beat genos/ fang when he's good condition.
Jun 25, 2019 12:02 PM

Jan 2017
God if only the team from Madhouse that made S1 could make this one episode :(

Probably the best episode of this season but still....

But I need to praise the sound department, those hits sounded very meaty!
Jun 25, 2019 12:27 PM
Jun 2017
great episode,garou is always fun to watch unlike saitama,but why the sound director had to ruin it everytime!!!,it really bothers me,kick this man out of the anime industry before he ruin something else.
Jun 25, 2019 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
I just realized we're rooting for Garo in the same way he used to root for the monsters; undoubtedly being disappointed if he loses. Again, One sure can make relatable characters.
Jun 25, 2019 12:40 PM
Mar 2015
the only thing I hear are sounds from the m4 of the csgo
Jun 25, 2019 12:41 PM
Dec 2012
This episode looked amazing, fights, soundtrack and everything.
Although not a big fan of him still being able to fight after being so injured and poisoned, seems like a cliche thing out of a shonen.
Jun 25, 2019 12:48 PM

Sep 2017
Another pretty good episode with some decent moments mixed in here and there. The conversation between Death Gatling and Garou does indeed reveal an unfortunate truth. In the world of OPM, and even in reality, when a hierarchy exists, only the elite are usually truly loved. Of course, exceptions do exist (Sweet Mask in OPM, for example), but this is a noticeable trend. Unfortunately, in Death Gatling's desire for attention and fame, his disinterest in inviting S-Class heroes to hunt the Hero Hunter will ultimately lead to his downfall. I really enjoy Garou's perspective of villains and monsters. Not all villains and monsters are de facto villains. Some are fighting for their own noble causes, yet the heroes are deemed nobler so they are pinned as antagonists to society. It's something I haven't seen very much of, and it is part of the reason that I love Garou as an antagonist so much. I love this Garou v Heroes fight a lot. It's probably one of my favorite fights in the manga. Just the idea that the heroes believe themselves to have Garou cornered the entire time and he just suddenly flips the tables on them so drastically is awesome, and J.C. Staff did a pretty good job adapting it. There were some legitimately well-animated scenes in that fight. I think the biggest reason the heroes lost was their ultimate lack of teamwork. They had a great strategy that was executed well enough, but when the pressure started coming down it didn't take very long for the egotistical heroes like Stinger to break away from the flow and ruin the entire operation. Tareo running away looked fucking awful. I love that Glasses, the lowest ranked hero of the group, ultimately proved to be the most effective in his willingness to call for help. Finally, a fight where Genos doesn't immediately get annihilated! This fight was actually super well animated. It wasn't god-tier or anything, but it was way better than most of what this show has provided.
Bomb's technique is so awesome. You can tell that Bang is genuinely pissed at his former disciple. I hope the Garou v Bang fight is given at least a little love and care.
Jun 25, 2019 12:59 PM
Apr 2016
Afagjagjgaoij feels like this season will end rushed, too much happened this episode. Well, Genos is badass, though seems like Garou managed to survive against him even in a ghastly condition like that. I like how Garou's hair turned red, lol, I wonder what that means. Welll, Bang shew up at the end, so nonetheless Garou is screwed..
Jun 25, 2019 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
decent animated episode for once
1 more episode to go

Jun 25, 2019 1:10 PM

Feb 2011
This could probably be considered the only episode that could be on part with the content from season 1, which unfortunately, is too little too late.
Jun 25, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
What the fuck was that Garou vs Genos fight?! At least the one with the 11 heroes in the first half of the episode had some good cuts behind it, and it actually got me invested for once. They also wasted a perfect place to end the episode for a flashback and a cliffhanger. Looks like this will end with a last stand for Genos (for now) and we won't see the Monsters Association war until Season 3, which I hope is substantially better produced, written, and presented than this season was. It’s definitely getting closer to a 4 but don't let that mean the show suddenly gets good towards its back half, it just stopped being abysmal, visuals not withstanding.
CodeBlazeFateJun 26, 2019 8:49 PM
Jun 25, 2019 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
Just want to get this out beforehand:This was the best episode of season 2 thus far.I wonder how better they could have done this with an extra 1 week.They knew this episode will be full of action(even Saitama vs King had a different kind of action).I crave to see the scene,hopefully in the next episode,where Saitama comes at the scene,together with Bang,his older brother and Genos.Good job,J.C.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 25, 2019 1:25 PM
Oct 2018
Please, tell me there will be more Garou and Tareo moments, that last bit cannot be the end for that bound!
Jun 25, 2019 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
Imagine this whole season as good as this episode.
Jun 25, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 2016
The episode was good indeed, probably the best one or 2nd best one, I'm still deciding between this one and episode 3.

While the episode was good this was still nothing compared to season 1 but this is definitely an improvement compared to the previous mediocre episodes. One of the things I disliked in this episode was the part when Garou suddenly had orange hair and a red eye, that happened out of nowhere, this needed to happen while Garou was fighting Genos and having the blood mixing with Garou's white hair to have it change the color gradually, this would have been MUCH better than having his orange hair all of a sudden, that was pretty shitty.

Anyway, a good episode or two won't save this mediocre season. I hope they throw all the budget in the last episode and make it at least as decent as the 1st episode of the 1st season because yeah, the very first fucking episode in the 1st season is better animated than anything season 2 provided so far.
Jun 25, 2019 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty wicked episode tbh
Got me hyped for the final showdown
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2019 1:35 PM
Sep 2018
Anyone know why Garou's hair changed to red all of a sudden?
Jun 25, 2019 1:39 PM
Jun 2016
HoundIsntUnique said:

Jun 25, 2019 1:40 PM
Apr 2016
Biggest gripe right here with how Garou goes from almost unconscious to beating 8 heroes like nothing to almost unconscious to getting back into full prime. In a span of 15 minutes. Cool? Yes. Believable? They better have some trumps to pull next episode.
HoundIsntUnique said:

It's either some power he got (hence why he is still standing) or a symbolic representation of him "becoming" a monster or something.
Re:formed
Jun 25, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2014
Finally Shifu vs. Tai Lung is here, delivering the best episode of the season.
Jun 25, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
Really enjoyed this episode very much by far my favourite episode of this season, Garou vs Genos was so hype!!
Jun 25, 2019 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
The best episode of the season for me. Garou! 💪🏻😍
Jun 25, 2019 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
ofcourse nothing really happens. Ofcourse Garo turns SSJ and overpowers plebs. Ofcourse S hero shows up. Ofcourse we are at the same point last episode ended at already, which Garo at the ropes. Ofcourse Saitama is going to clean up the mess next EP.

Art aside, the sound design is TERRIBLE. What the fook happened here? Fart punches.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 25, 2019 2:03 PM
Jan 2015
Garou is having quite the rough day
My Queens

Jun 25, 2019 2:22 PM
Apr 2016
Finally a good episode

But Why did Garoh suddenly bacame ginger?
Jun 25, 2019 2:50 PM

May 2017
Wait.. Somehow this doesnt feel like a season climax at all. I mean the episode was nice, Genos's appearance was hype as fuck. But I expected something to happen with the Monster Association Boss, kinda like Saitama vs Boros. If not that atleast a proper stand off between Saitama and Garo even though we all know Garo has no chance of even damaging him. Really curious how this one ends. If it ends as I expect then it will be a very underwhelming season finale for sure.

Also how did Genos not beat the fuck out of Garo immediately? Garo indeed a super saiyan.

Btw its absolutely pathetic how terrible the sound design is. Failed on literally every level. M4 sounds from csgo? are you kidding me?

May 2016
Welp, they've finally butchered one of my absolute favourite fights of the series, and definitely my favourite shot...

I BEG anyone who watched this episode that hasn't yet read the manga to watch this fan edit of it, and see just how amazing this fight was in the manga:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_wtMiwxKTWtoIqI7qS30thfM3BX6g2xq/view

It has no spoilers. It is 12 minutes, yes, but it's worth your time. If nothing else, make sure to watch 6:39 to 8:10. See for yourself just how much they've ruined the impact and delivery of everything here. It cannot be understated just how epic that moment was in the manga and just how... weak and unremarkable it was here in this episode. They couldn't even be bothered to properly animate Garou breaking his restraints, or have his hair gradually change and get bloody (here in this episode it just went straight from pure white to pure red after an awkward cut lmao...). And even this fan editor managed to do a better job of pacing it all better and giving it it's warranted impact.

The director for this does not have any clue how to give moments weight. He cannot use silence, timing or build-up properly at all. It all flows so... haphazardly. More than anything, the worst part about the action this season is definitely the direction. It's so consistently messy and poorly paced, never with any clarity or good sense of speed or impact or distance (yes, all three...) to the exchanges.

Really, I've never seen a show fail so hard in absolutely every area before. The animation, the art, the voice acting, the pacing, the directing, the opening and especially the sound design (damn was it god awful this episode...) have all been criticized heavily this season. Just what is there that J.C. Staff have managed to deliver well on...?
God I so hope the production committee's decision to rush this out with J.C. Staff comes back to bite them in the arse.

Here's the one good cut of the episode by the way, courtesy of that single animator trying to carry this. Genos getting back up looked especially sweet.

People calling this "the best episode yet"--I cannot see your perspective at all, this was as bad as any other for me if not worse. So many shots and frames looked wonky and as inconsistent as usual. Kudos to you for enjoying it though, I really wish I could see what you saw in it.

Last episode of this next week and I couldn't be happier. Never thought I'd say that with OPM...
ZaugrJun 25, 2019 4:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2016
Daaaaamn. It's just me or this was really good episode? Exept starting and ending with cliffhanger, that stuff really grind my gears.

Apr 2015
Best episode of S2, fight between Genos and Garo was quite nice. Or should I say, better than expected. Garo is quite the interesting character. I love his growth as a villain/anti-hero. His power is insane.
Jun 25, 2019 3:05 PM
Sep 2018
Definitely an improvement over the previous episodes, the first half of the episode looked really good. Some awkward animation here and there...

but overall a very enjoyable episode. If only the entire season could have been like this.

Final episode is coming up next week, but I think we can guess pretty well how it's going to play out. Overall a perfectly serviceable show, I just can't help but compare it to Season 1 and "what could have been". (Yes, I know it's unreasonable, but that's just how I feel about this)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

234 by ShaunTheMoose »»
Jan 16, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.