Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh cute episode. This show seems to have a thing for character outfits for the girls.

Grea in her little dress is adorable. The episode also gave more bonding time between Anne and Grea so I'm curious how much more the show will focus on their relationship. That boat scene though :o

Stark700Feb 3, 2019 9:08 AM
Feb 3, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2018
this whole anime is just so relaxing on the eyes and just beautifully drawn and animated
Feb 3, 2019 10:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very pretty visuals and character designs, but I'm not sure about the story. Where is this heading? I was told this was part of the Bahamut universe, but it has a completely different vibe. Is this a calm before the storm kind of thing? Or is a relaxing light yuri romp all way through.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 3, 2019 10:47 AM

Aug 2018
Oh for crying out loud; Anne and Grea, just kiss already! There I said it. :-P

That's been said; Grea was really cute in her new outfit.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 3, 2019 11:00 AM
Nov 2017
Timz0r said:

I wish Anne would have fallen a foot further north. Damn. Those outfits on Anne and Grea especially the pajamas. Damn. I hope they confess to each other and Anne becomes the hug pillow Grea wants. Damn. Swimsuit episode please. Damn. Can I get some cute Yuri lovin. Damn. Teacher was funny. Damn.
On another note I hope this stays this way and Drama doesn’t happen bc this show is F’n awesome right now. Damn.
Feb 3, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2018
Timz0r said:

hahahaha
nice episode though
Feb 3, 2019 11:50 AM

Aug 2012
Aww, i think Grea looked cuter with long hair.
Feb 3, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
Reminder that D is for Dragon.

Otherwise I like that beyond the fan service there are goofy moments like Ann struggling to lift a sword, or Ann needing the security blanket of both Grea's tail and a spellbook while on water.
EratiKFeb 3, 2019 1:10 PM
Feb 3, 2019 1:11 PM

May 2018
Is seiyuu Hikasa Yoko doing Anne voice, cu'z it sounded like that she is voicing Grea????

So, Grea can't have Anne have asleep over with her cu'z she sleeps naked and prefers her tail as her sleep buddy.
JiangHaoyi1979Feb 3, 2019 1:20 PM
Feb 3, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2016
The yuri bait is strong with this one...

The soundtrack is so nice and peaceful, and the slowness of events going on a stroll through town reminded me of why I liked the Aria series. Just take in the scenery and relax.

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
Feb 3, 2019 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
WELP I'm dead, slap a shoujo-ai tag on this and let's get the show on the road xD I swear if Anne and Grea just magically forget this episode happened, somebody's gonna get it... in very amateurishly written Japanese...

But for now, past two episodes' bad writing has been forgiven. Well played indeed. Disappointed we didn't get to see sensei's cosplay at the end, though. Those outfits looked pretty nice.
Feb 3, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2015
This is really gay. And I really like that.

Feb 3, 2019 4:46 PM
Mar 2017
Very adorable this episode, Grea and Anne on their day off, walking and enjoying.
I was sorry to see that Grea cut her hair, she looked more mature and sensual. Grea blushing is the most adorable and cute thing.
The sequence where we see the girls walking in the city I liked it a lot, especially when they are in the blacksmith's workshop, Grea raised a huge sword easily and Anne could not lift it.
Mira sensei has an interesting job, I really liked the costumes that Anne wore and the dress that Grea used was a divine gift, she looked beautiful, besides the sequence in which she puts on the dress was 10/10.
I think it was very funny to know that Anne does not know how to swim, besides it was very cute to see her holding the tail of Grea to feel safe.
That yuri moment in which Anne falls on Grea was incredible, the atmosphere, the lighting, the art and the music produced a spectacular product, it was also very cute to see them both embarrassed and blushing.
It gave me a bit of sadness that Grea refused to let Anne visit her home, but later when they showed why she refused, I must say that it was very beautiful to see Grea sleeping hugged by her tail.
They left me with the curiosity of how Anne and Grea would look with those sensual outfits that Mira Sensei made.
Feb 3, 2019 5:30 PM

Feb 2014
So, some yuri-bait and then Grea in her sleeping undies, the fanservice is strong in this one, oh and of course the cute dress.
Feb 3, 2019 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Timz0r said:

I wish Anne would have fallen a foot further north. Damn. Those outfits on Anne and Grea especially the pajamas. Damn. I hope they confess to each other and Anne becomes the hug pillow Grea wants. Damn. Swimsuit episode please. Damn. Can I get some cute Yuri lovin. Damn. Teacher was funny. Damn.
On another note I hope this stays this way and Drama doesn’t happen bc this show is F’n awesome right now. Damn.

I am afraid that they will never kiss, because this dialogue itself shows how well it works. In this context, yuri bait actually works as a plot intrigue. The Japanese have long understood that shiping sells well, so somehow it is in many shows, and this is almost built on this idea, lol.

Feb 3, 2019 5:53 PM

Apr 2012
TsubasaFamily said:
WELP I'm dead, slap a shoujo-ai tag on this and let's get the show on the road xD I swear if Anne and Grea just magically forget this episode happened, somebody's gonna get it... in very amateurishly written Japanese...

But for now, past two episodes' bad writing has been forgiven. Well played indeed. Disappointed we didn't get to see sensei's cosplay at the end, though. Those outfits looked pretty nice.

Well, most likely they will follow the Free path, where the relationships between the characters are full of glaring homoeroticism, but the characters in an amusing way ignore it and pretend that this is completely normal, lol. After all, Manga Time Kirara has already earned millions of yen on this.
Feb 3, 2019 7:03 PM
Jun 2013

Not funny Cygame, you can't just show that armor like that. NOT COOL

that aside, this is a really nice episode of Anne and Grea hanging out.
Feb 3, 2019 8:32 PM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
TsubasaFamily said:

Well, most likely they will follow the Free path, where the relationships between the characters are full of glaring homoeroticism, but the characters in an amusing way ignore it and pretend that this is completely normal, lol. After all, Manga Time Kirara has already earned millions of yen on this.

Mate, I'm just being honest here, but every time you draw comparisons to stuff like Free it's like an instant turn-off and I have no idea what you're talking about lol. But yes, I suspect Anne and Grea will magically only be friends in every episode and that consequently Cygames won't be making any yen from me xP
Feb 4, 2019 12:24 AM

Feb 2017
Farabeuf said:
Very pretty visuals and character designs, but I'm not sure about the story. Where is this heading?

The name of the anime says it all... is the day to day life of 2 friends of different races.
With some yuri bait xD
Feb 4, 2019 3:15 AM

Oct 2007
Hmm, so their sensei has a side business of making cute clothes. How nice. :D

Both girls enjoy the trip, which somehow turns into a date rowing a boat. Grea should just agree to the sleepover. >__<
Feb 4, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2014
That boat scene tho. Please just kiss already!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 4, 2019 5:13 AM

Apr 2012
TsubasaFamily said:
RobertBobert said:

Mate, I'm just being honest here, but every time you draw comparisons to stuff like Free it's like an instant turn-off and I have no idea what you're talking about lol. But yes, I suspect Anne and Grea will magically only be friends in every episode and that consequently Cygames won't be making any yen from me xP

I say that such shows are capable of reaching completely cosmic levels of ambiguity and baiting, at the same time the characters will never comment and the plot will pretend that "this is so platonic, what are you talking about?". It seems that only Bushiroad has the courage to parody this type of fan service, for example, when in Revue Starlight, Kaoruko commented on the yuri subtext.
Feb 4, 2019 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
Was a bit sad that they didn't have swimsuit Grea seeing as they were trying on clothes...

<333
Feb 4, 2019 1:24 PM

Dec 2016
For those who didn't play GBF or know this exist, here is Eps.3 Extra part

You have 1 week until this got removed.
-----
Q: Where the Eps. 1 and 2 extra part?
A: It already removed from youtube on Cygames channel. IDK for reuploads though.

Feb 4, 2019 7:04 PM
May 2016
RobertBobert said:
TsubasaFamily said:

Well, most likely they will follow the Free path,

Not really since this series has actual chacters
Not just walking/talking sex objects
Feb 4, 2019 7:55 PM

Jan 2018
This isn't Yuri bait. There's no subtext here. This is Yuri.
Feb 4, 2019 8:36 PM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

I am afraid that they will never kiss, because this dialogue itself shows how well it works. In this context, yuri bait actually works as a plot intrigue. The Japanese have long understood that shiping sells well, so somehow it is in many shows, and this is almost built on this idea, lol.

Your probably right but I hope not. I need hot Yuri action but I’m ok with just 1st and 2nd base.
Feb 4, 2019 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
The yuri is ruining this for me, but I'll be damned if this series doesn't have some of the best art this season.
Feb 5, 2019 3:03 AM

Apr 2012
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, most likely they will follow the Free path,

Not really since this series has actual chacters
Not just walking/talking sex objects

Just because MF is yuri bait, and Free yaoi bait? Lol, do not be so biased.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
RobertBobert said:

Your probably right but I hope not. I need hot Yuri action but I’m ok with just 1st and 2nd base.

Well, who knows? At the moment, this is the purest yuri bait, but no one can say 100% that this show will not end in canon.
Feb 5, 2019 5:28 AM

Mar 2010
friends

they say :)

I did not recognize anne with glasses for some reason lol
Feb 5, 2019 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
Poor Anne she really wants some of that Grea tail ^^
Feb 5, 2019 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
The makeup of this anime is just right for me.
It's slice of life with a very attractive, sultry but demure lead character. Artwork is superb and animation is higher tier than most. The soundtrack is excellent and captivates the moment. The fanservice is timely and done in good taste and NOT over the top in your face troupe. Less is more done right.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 5, 2019 8:56 PM

Oct 2015
Weirdly enough I find Grea to be such a sweetheart, damn how I wish this was an action anime. The way she held that sword proves she is not to be F'd with.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 5, 2019 11:43 PM

Jun 2008
Ha!

Gay.

(Stupid minimum character requirement ruining my already dumb joke)
Feb 6, 2019 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
lihle808 said:
Weirdly enough I find Grea to be such a sweetheart, damn how I wish this was an action anime. The way she held that sword proves she is not to be F'd with.

She fights with her flaming claws. Kicks arse too.
Feb 7, 2019 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
Finally an ep without some shoehorned action scene, and one where they actually spend most of the runtime together.
Feb 7, 2019 8:54 PM

Mar 2014
what can i say. 尊い尊い so sacred.
Feb 8, 2019 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Sangaz said:
lihle808 said:

She fights with her flaming claws. Kicks arse too.
We'll probably see a glimpse of her fighting ability before the series ends. We already saw Anne display hers at the first episode.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 10, 2019 2:04 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. Just sex each other already!
Feb 15, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
Grea is back to the short hair, the long one was so cool!
Feb 15, 2019 2:59 PM
May 2016
Tsunshine-Chris said:
This isn't Yuri bait. There's no subtext here. This is Yuri.

I know right. That boat scene was unquestionably romantic
Feb 24, 2019 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
Very obvious attraction between the girls. Grea too shy to let Anne see her in the buff even if Anne wants to sleep together
Mar 8, 2019 3:46 PM

Aug 2017
Last episode was better. Next.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Jul 2016
For god's sake, can they just fuck kiss already?

So Grea sleeps hugging her tail... talking about being even more adorable. I'm also glad she cut her hair since I find her character more charming and fresh by having it short.

All in all, it was just an OK episode. However, I must say that the visuals were pretty impressive and the OST was of my liking as well.

P.S.: Mira-sensei sure is eccentric but I can't say she doesn't have good taste. Such a shame we couldn't see the girls wearing those clothes she made in the end.
Apr 3, 2019 7:17 AM

Apr 2011
Deym Yuri bait. Hahaha!

Funny how Anna thought no one would see her in disguise but got busted after a few seconds. Adorable episode between the two.
May 14, 2019 2:23 PM
Jan 2017
Hmmm I like the teacher character,
but this show is just too yuri for my taste. ' gonna drop it here
Sep 5, 2019 11:53 PM

Jul 2015
that boat scene *yuri intensifies*

Sep 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Aug 2019
wholesome anime
is this anime based of a VN or another anime? I'm really intrested to learn more about the world this anime is set in, also theres only 10 eps and i need more ;-;
Jan 16, 2020 1:37 AM

Mar 2017
yaasssss the yuri moments

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 28, 2021 1:30 AM

Feb 2020
Adorable episode.

That was a nice shopping trip. Anne and Grea had so much fun.

They yuri vibes are getting stronger. Please, just kiss already. :3 <3

SerafosJan 3, 6:45 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2019

36 by Avactorin »»
Feb 13, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2019

64 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 28, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KanonDE - Dec 16, 2018

110 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2019

30 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 25, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Manaria Friends Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2019

32 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.