Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 7, 2018 3:50 PM

Jul 2016
Esquirtit said:
My love is back for the series but mikasa needs to die

Why?

She is easily my favourite character. Total badass and should be the main character.
Oct 7, 2018 4:04 PM

Mar 2018
Vindicater said:
Esquirtit said:
My love is back for the series but mikasa needs to die

Why?

She is easily my favourite character. Total badass and should be the main character.
easily the worst character, lol just imagining her being the MC makes me cringe and cry
poop
Oct 7, 2018 4:44 PM

Jul 2017
That was a great buildup episode. Lots of nice plot points with Grisha's past were covered here.
Oct 7, 2018 4:51 PM

Jun 2015
Who knew Shadis has lore? I really like him now.
Oct 7, 2018 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
tambi33 said:
A two month time lapse. Okay then.
This throwback episode gave me the feels, what a away to fill In the blanks... I can't believe it shadis? (Was that his name) tampered with it, geez. Why he so salty for.

It might no be visible enough from how the anime presented all of these, but Shadis actually resigned due to what Carla said (also partly to take responsibility for all that deaths), that it's okay not to be a special/great person as long as you are alive.

He kind of trying to protect Eren from entering the Scouts by sabotaging his equipment since Carla said all of that stuff, and Eren is the son of the woman he loved after all.

Oct 7, 2018 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
This season has been amazing thus far. This episode really starts to tie up loose ends from the beginning of the story. If it keeps this quality through the rest of the series: it has a shot at possibly being one of the best animes ever produced. Everything has been on point. Artwork, voice acting, soundtrack and some superhuman writing.
Masterful.

Also: yandere Mikasa has my vote for best gril.
Oct 7, 2018 5:29 PM

Oct 2015
Eren getting a glimpse of his past from Keith and the acquaintance he had with his dad and mom. I still don't feel Eren as an MC and I doubt that will change but nevertheless he seems to be cheerful a bit somehow considering he was in a slump as if late.

Because the ep focused on him, it was alright but wasn't that good.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 7, 2018 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
lihle808 said:
Eren getting a glimpse of his past from Keith and the acquaintance he had with his dad and mom. I still don't feel Eren as an MC and I doubt that will change but nevertheless he seems to be cheerful a bit somehow considering he was in a slump as if late.

Because the ep focused on him, it was alright but wasn't that good.

Why is that? that you feel like Eren is not main character material?
Oct 7, 2018 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
I wasn't expecting to see the creepy instructor again, that scene showing how he sabotaged Eren's harness is a nice throwback to season 1.
Oct 7, 2018 5:47 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Keith's story proves one main thing. You don't need to be special to train greatness, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Oct 7, 2018 6:03 PM
Apr 2017
This episode had so many throwbacks to earlier episodes. Ep.3 when Keith says "Grisha, you're son has become a soldier" has so much more meaning now. And Eren's mom saying "He's already special because he was born into this world" mirroring his own words that he said to Armin at the end of episode 12 of season 1. What a great episode!
Oct 7, 2018 6:16 PM

Jan 2016
This episode is very inspirational and motivational at the same time. To be honest, I almost cried. I glad I love Attack on Titan franchise. Good job and thank you Isayama sensei (manga author).

Respect to all mothers. Of course, especially my mother..:-)

"He's already special. Because he was... born to this world."
-Carla Jaeger, Eren's mother-
HenshinDriftOct 7, 2018 6:20 PM
Oct 7, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode!
Incredible how this anime never fails to disappoint me even with episodes without any fights or action scenes.

Mikasa, i am sorry but you are loosing to Historia xD She is now definitely the best girl hahaha

@Raizel

I wish Eren's mother was still alive :/ His dad was amazing! He did so much and yet we barely know anything about him.
Now we have even more mysteries xD Where did Eren's father come from.

I love the fact that such a "simple" detail that i didn't care at season 1 (Eren's broking belt), and the fact that such a small detail has it's meaning that i could have never seen back there, and only at season 3 we find this out, amazing! Just amazing! The guy who wrote the manga did such a great job!

So they are going now to retake the wall? Can't believe it will finally happen, after 3 seasons! :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Jun 2016
"That guy clearly wanted to bang Eren's Mom" - AnimeCentral
Oct 7, 2018 7:55 PM

Oct 2018
Nice ep.
But it made me a little sad that no one here praise to the massive heart retired captain bald head. He even purposely screwed up Eren belts for training in order to give him normal and happy life.

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 7, 2018 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
Yooooo, so HE was the one who broke Eren's belt.
Oct 7, 2018 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
Mario_Isla said:
Johnathan3 said:
Where do you watch it ?
Was trying kissanime.ru but not uploaded yet :(

Crunchyroll is the legal option
And Hulu is the other legal option.
Oct 7, 2018 8:33 PM
Jun 2017
love that episode, as it talks about the past of Eren's dad (Grisha) and commander keith. Well what does Grisha doing outside the walls of Maria? hahaha....

i juts love the back story of them as it shown how commander keith became close to Eren's family, especially to his father...

And i love the last few lines Carla (Eren's mother) have said to Commander keith, and that is "What is wrong with not being special?..."... hahaha

I LOVE THIS EPISODE EVENTHOUGH ITS JUST IT SHOWN SOME PAST!!! hahaha...

BEST SCENE OF TODAYS EPISODE: MIKASA JEALOUS TO QUEEN HISTORIA!!! hahaha..
Oct 7, 2018 8:49 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
honestly have to agree that this was a meh episode.

waste of time just showing flashbacks and wasting time on info dumping. but its whatevs I guess. Eren doesn't need to be special to be cool or great.
Oct 7, 2018 9:32 PM

Dec 2017
Ugh! Seeing this episode, I can no longer resist to change the score from 9 to 10 for this season; it's clearly beyond amazing. Not to mention that we haven't even reached its thrilling part yet. :)

Ezz-sama said:
keragamming said:

Why is that? that you feel like Eren is not main character material?

Isn't that obvious ? lol
because he's not like Naruto or Luffy
I mean It's known that you can't be MC if you are not badass :v
Agree. Not every MC has to be the out-loud one and always driven by high ambitions. This is why I have a problem with the series being rated Shounen(13+) when it should have been Seinen(18+) since the very beginning.

Esquirtit said:
Vindicater said:

Why?

easily the worst character, lol just imagining her being the MC makes me cringe and cry
Not at all. I'd choose Mikasa over Historia every time. So I guess it's just differing opinions.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 7, 2018 10:03 PM

May 2015
Honestly almost cried with what Carla said at the end. Great episode.

Oct 7, 2018 10:49 PM

Oct 2013
AntwanMantilla said:
honestly have to agree that this was a meh episode.

waste of time just showing flashbacks and wasting time on info dumping. but its whatevs I guess. Eren doesn't need to be special to be cool or great.

It's not a waste of time, because it addresses some plot hole that people thought was actually a plot hole, and at the same time it put together the puzzle that was missing during season 1 episode 2.

We also got more hints about Grisha, that also confirms that he is outside the walls, not to mention small things like who was the one that mess with eren equipment back in episode 3 of season 1 and finally, giving Keith Shadis more depth and now the scene back in season 1 when he return the old lady a dead hand of her son and he was exaggerating in front of her and everyone else, and a lot of person thought he was exaggerating, now we know why he was like that and also found out how Erwin became the new commander.

And finally give Eren more depth to his character.

I could add a ton more, point is it is not a waste of time, and it really annoys me, because you are saying that the author should not address plot holes or add more depth to the story. Every single episode of snk has some importance in the overall story.

Sure you don't have to like it and you can think it was the most boring episode ever, but at least understand the importance of the episode and acknowledge its importance in the overall story.
Oct 7, 2018 11:13 PM
Apr 2018
Comander-07 said:
Manaarii_0 said:

Maybe because of his resignation from the scouts and the death of Eren's mother...

but he still had them after all that

The scene(s) when he still had them was the same day when Maria wall was destroyed (the same day that he quit the Scouts and learned about Carla's death)...he lost his hairs in the next 2 years before Eren & Co join the millitary training.
Oct 8, 2018 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
A disaster was about to happen in this episode..

Mikasa never fails to amuse me :3
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Oct 8, 2018 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
Really liked with what they did with the end credits overlayed on the episode content instead of doing the usual outro.
Oct 8, 2018 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
Mikasa has the best resting bitch face. Nuff said.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 8, 2018 3:14 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Raizel said:
You don't wanna cheat with her

@FMmatron the last pic reminds me of Joe's eyes

Is it weird that her eyes turn me on ?
Not really cause I can relate lol she is the best girl it doesn't matter her expressions are always priceless lol
Oct 8, 2018 3:20 AM
Jan 2017
this anime is a masterpiece. I hope it never finishes
Oct 8, 2018 3:27 AM

Oct 2010
That mikasa face be like.... this my man bitch!
Oct 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Dec 2015
I thought this episode was just gonna be filler-y and pointless, but holy shit was I wrong. This was even better than the previous episode. SnK is on a roll.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 8, 2018 4:16 AM
Dec 2013
Is it gonna stop after episode 12?
Oct 8, 2018 4:56 AM

May 2015
I like what they are doing with Eren as a character. He was beyond annoying before but this depression mode suits him well. I'm not saying it to be mean, it really looks interesting storywise, not your typical, gonna crush everyone shounen mc just because he had a trauma as a kid without any actual thought about traumatic experience. So well done, hope it'll keep getting better.
Oct 8, 2018 5:15 AM
May 2016
A perfect episode. You'd think that since it's a flashback it might be filler-ish or pointless, but there's so many surprising details from season 1 that have been given so much more meaning in season 3. Did anyone expect Keith of all characters to be so great? The role of a bystander is truly tragic, but god, knowing the context behind why Eren's gear was broken was surprisingly powerful. All Keith wanted to do was protect Carla and Grisha's son.

The ending was masterful too, the choice to overlay the ED with the ending scenes was such a good choice. Carla saying Eren was special for being born had me choked-up like all hell, one of the most powerful moments in the season for me. I'm truly surprised because I expected most people's opinions of the show to drop due to Uprising, but this season's been absolutely fantastic so far. If it keeps up this quality all the way to the end, I can truly see AoT being recognised as an anime masterpiece.
Oct 8, 2018 5:21 AM

May 2018
Alright, now that the boring part is over, time for the best part of Attack on Titan, Shiganshina arc! Being a manga reader,I said this is easily the best arc of Attack on Titan.
Oct 8, 2018 5:28 AM
May 2016
Gorochu said:
Alright, now that the boring part is over, time for the best part of Attack on Titan, Shiganshina arc! Being a manga reader,I said this is easily the best arc of Attack on Titan.

If THAT was meant to be the "boring" part of this series I can only fucking imagine how good the next arc is going to be. Even though it slowed down a bit at the start, everything past episode 5 of this season has been utterly fantastic.
Oct 8, 2018 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
Oh shit, the busted training gear. Forgot about that. Thought it was Mikasa's doing.
Oct 8, 2018 5:39 AM
Nov 2016
Is it true that there will be a mid season break after ep 12? Or is it just a rumour? Read it on instagram-.-
Oct 8, 2018 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum so he altered his belt on purpose, hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Oct 8, 2018 6:02 AM

Dec 2012
nekoapril said:
Is it true that there will be a mid season break after ep 12? Or is it just a rumour? Read it on instagram-.-
So far it seems like after episode 12 there will be at least a three week break. Rumors are that it'll actually be a 3 month break and this season will be split-cour, but nothing has been confirmed yet :c
Oct 8, 2018 6:03 AM

Apr 2013
Modernoir said:
Gorochu said:

If THAT was meant to be the "boring" part of this series I can only fucking imagine how good the next arc is going to be. Even though it slowed down a bit at the start, everything past episode 5 of this season has been utterly fantastic.

Exactly my thoughts as well, if that was the boring part then the rest must be out of this world.
Oct 8, 2018 6:08 AM

Jul 2016
I like how this flashback content gave a heavier meaning to Eren joining Scouts not just about for his own revenge purposed, but also he's father wanted him to. Eren joined the training, but Shadis messed up his gear although he failed, showing how determined is Eren to his quest.

Carla leaving a simple yet meaningful words to Shadis.

Damn just how cute the baby Eren is, compared to what happened to him now in the manga lol xD
Oct 8, 2018 6:08 AM
Nov 2016
Haibara said:
nekoapril said:
So far it seems like after episode 12 there will be at least a three week break. Rumors are that it'll actually be a 3 month break and this season will be split-cour, but nothing has been confirmed yet :c

Thank you for your response. :)
I read that they will take a break until january. Mh...maybe after the next episode they will make an announcement if the rumours are true and how long the break will take.

Gator said:
Modernoir said:

Exactly my thoughts as well, if that was the boring part then the rest must be out of this world.

I've watched several episodes twice because they were so capturing and great!:D
Wow...now I'm curious how the story will continue.
Oct 8, 2018 6:34 AM

Oct 2015
Was AoT really this good? Damn.
Oct 8, 2018 7:27 AM

Jan 2012
Mikasa's angry stares are always so funny xD

Nice to see how and why the instructor tempered with the equipments.

The mother's speech was quite moving.
Oct 8, 2018 7:32 AM

Feb 2017
To quote my initial reaction to this chapter in the manga:

"Sweet pacific rim job, even he has an interesting but tragic backstory".

Very good episode in a very good season 3, just hope there isn't a long wait between 49 and 50.
Oct 8, 2018 7:51 AM

May 2010
Very strong episode indeed.

Mikasa has that stare that could kill people :D

i liked how they showed who sabotaged erens gear in season 1 and more importantly for what reason.
Oct 8, 2018 7:57 AM
Jan 2016
Haha, I never recognize that Keith was the Scouts commander back then...he's become a completely different person...I got the point of this eps, why people always trying to be special? To be recognize by others? To get a compliment? I don't know, but in the reality that's what happen. Being normal is just not enough for many peoples and I think that sucks...and wow sooo many season 1 memories flowing back...And Eren's mom was really beautiful...
Oct 8, 2018 7:58 AM
Oct 2007
No episode last week was pretty damaging for me when I can't get my dose of AoT :X

Another awesome episode, lot of feels! That backstory gave me slight goosebumps.

Haibara said:
nekoapril said:

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2018 8:13 AM

Feb 2014
Oh Mikasa, you never change, do you? The way she gave Eren a death glare after he was having a fun conversation with Historia was pretty hilarious! XD

This episode was great, though. I was surprised that we got to visit Kevin Sadies again after so long and his past involvement with Eren's father, Grisha, was also a surprise.

All in all, I really enjoyed viewing his past with Grisha and how we also get to see what Eren's mother used to do before she married Grisha. It was also shown that Kevin deliberately sabotaged Eren's equipment that failed on him back in season 1, but it didn't stop Eren from trying to use the dodgy equipment though.

Comander-07 said:
Manaarii_0 said:

Maybe because of his resignation from the scouts and the death of Eren's mother...

but he still had them after all that

It can be many factors. He still had hair on his head when Wall Maria was breached and Shiganshima was ruined, so I think it's a factor with intense stress and maybe family genes being involved with Kevin losing his hair within that 5 year gap.
Oct 8, 2018 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
Gorochu said:
The uprising Arc was not boring. It was fantastic and answered so many questions including where Titans come from, what happened to Grisha Jaeger, insight into Levi's life and his real name, why has the human government done nothing about the titans etc. It answered so much on top of having meaningful character development that will define characters like Eren from that point on. Only someone mindless and cares only about action would think it was boring.

However, I will agree that next arc is the best action wise and highlights why I love Armin so FN much. I read these threads on here and other anime boards just to see how anime only viewers react. I haven't loved a manga story like this since Fullmetal Alchemist.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.