Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2018 2:36 AM

Nov 2007

Winners of the 12th Seiyuu Awards were announced today at a ceremony at the Nippon Cultural Broadcasting (JOQR) Media Plus Hall in Tokyo. The event was exclusively broadcast on the Chou! A&G+ radio station.

Winners are listed with their respective talent agency.

Best Actor
Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Super Eccentric Theater INC)

Best Actress
Tomoyo Kurosawa (Mausu Promotion)

Best Supporting Actor
Junichi Suwabe (Haikyo)

Best Supporting Actress
Saori Oonishi (I'm Enterprise), Ayane Sakura (I'm Enterprise)

Best New Actor
Awarded to actors who debuted within the past five years.
Koutarou Nishiyama (81 Produce), Shun Horie (Pro-fit), Taku Yashiro (Vims)

Best New Actress
Awarded to actresses who debuted within the past five years.
Ayaka Nanase (AXL-ONE), Yui Fukuo (81 Produce)

Best Vocal
Awarded for singing activity as the character he or she portrays.
Doubutsu Biscuits (Saki Ono (Seinenza), Yuka Ozaki (HiBiKi), Kana Motomiya (Just Production Inc.)) x PPP (Aina Aiba (HiBiKi), Ikuko Chikuta (MILLENNIUM PRO and AGN@Enthena), Mikoi Sasaki (HiBiKi), Ruka Nemoto (MILLENNIUM PRO), Kyouka Tamura (Just Production Inc.))

Best Personality
Awarded for work in radio, TV, or other programs.
Ayane Sakura (I'm Enterprise) and Saori Oonishi (I'm Enterprise)

The following award winners were announced on the official website on February 16.

Special Achievement Award
Instead of selecting individuals, this year's award is dedicated to those who have died in the past year.
Takeshi Kusaka (Shiki Theatre Company founder), Reiko Senou (T-Echo), Nobuyuki Furuta (Kenyu Office), Toshihiko Nakajima (Gekidan 21 Seiki Fox), Hiromi Tsuru (Aoni Production), Tamio Ooki (Mausu Promotion)

Achievement Award
Awarded to individuals who have made numerous contributions to the profession and outside the industry.
Hiroshi Masuoka (Haikyo), Tomie Kataoka (Seinenza Theater Company)

Synergy Award
Awarded to a work which exhibits the appeal of the seiyuu profession.
Kaidou Grue no Minion Daidassou (Despicable Me)

Kei Tomiyama Award
Awarded for activity in promoting the seiyuu profession in the media.
Cho (Haikyo)

Kazue Takahashi Award
Awarded for activity in promoting the seiyuu profession in the media.
Miina Tominaga (Haikyo)

Special Award
Awarded to any individual, work, or activity for commendable achievements which do not fit any other category.
Licca-chan's 50th Anniversary (Represented by first-generation voice Kazuko Sugiyama (Aoni Productions)), Takayuki Matsutani (Tezuka Production's president)

Official site: http://www.seiyuawards.jp/

← Previous Year
tsubasaloverMar 4, 2018 1:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2014
I'm happy for tosshi... he deserves it
Mar 3, 2018 2:56 AM

Jan 2015
Tomoyo Kurosawa has been slowly getting more recognition these past few years, from both the industry and the fandom, and it's entirely deserved. Her performances as Kumiko last year and Phosphophyllite this year have been stellar.
Here's to hoping she gets more roles in the future.
Mar 3, 2018 3:51 AM

Aug 2013
Congratulations to them all!! Definitely well deserved!
Mar 3, 2018 3:56 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Congratulations Doubutsu Biscuits x PPP, Ayaka Nanase and Tomoyo Kurosawa!
Mar 3, 2018 3:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm congrats to Tomoyo Kurosawa for winning Best actress. Though i only saw her for the first time in Houseki no Kuni i felt her portrayal of Phos was nothing short of amazing. Also congrats to Saori Oonishi and Ayane Sakura for winning Best supporting actress. Both have come a long way since their debuts and both have become capable veteran seiyuu's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2018 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
YES I AM SO HAPPY. Toshi really deserve it. Omg, even Suwabe. <3
Mar 3, 2018 4:03 AM

Nov 2014
Best New Actress is a joke (Nanase aside, well deserved as Koharu, but the other one?)

Probably just 81Pro wants someone to win newcomer award, proven by at least one newcomer awardee from 81Pro for the last 4 years. Even then, there are other 81Pro newcomer that are more deserved like Madoka Asahina (loved her role as Nene), Arisa Date (Idol Time Pripara's protag) or pick an i*Ris seiyuu. Counting that Fukuo just graduated from AOP, Yuuki Hirose should be more justified as Hirose's role and rolecount are at least more prominent. Some other to be mentioned (should be considered as honorable mention, or potential future awardee): Miyu Tomita, Aikatsu Stars' protag for the last two years and MiA's Rico.

Well, maybe just not enough vote for them.

Enough from that rant, it is clear that Kemofre's vocal unit is resonates well with fans. Well deserved as the fans are also happy with them. #notatsukinotanoshii

Double-double win for Ayaneru and Oonishi is great, congrats for both, their radio staffs must be in party right now LOL.

I have no word for Tomoyo Kurosawa right now. Speechless as her. TOTALLY deserving.

Side note: There are probably a minor loophole regarding role classification. For this 12th edition, any role from December '16 to Nov ember'17 are considered. Next year will be Dec '17 to Nov '18, and so on. That means everyone has FIVE-COUR worth of role to be nominated for Seiyuu Award, as Toyonaga's main role also including Yuri from YoI (Fall 2016 anime).
Mar 3, 2018 5:06 AM

Jan 2016
I'm happy to see Sakura Ayane. Ah, and New Actress Nanase Ayaka, she really deserve it.

I see some veteran seiyu like Cho there. Congrats.
Mar 3, 2018 5:32 AM

Nov 2007
I told everyone before that there is not another voice actress like Kurosawa Tomoyo in the entire industry. She is special and exceptionally talented.

Where are those now who told me that Tomoyo won't ever get any recognition because her voice acting is dull when I heaped praise of her amazing performance as Oumae Kumiko in Hibike! Euphonium?

KUMIKO IS LOVE!

And did I mention how breathtaking her performance was as Phos in Houseki no Kuni?

PHOS IS LOVE!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 3, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2015
Nice to see Koharu Yoshino's VA there. She really deserves it imo
Mar 3, 2018 6:03 AM

Mar 2012
Aina Aiba

Sasuga Yukina. Roselia just never disappoint. Cannot wait for Opera of the Wasteland that will be out this month.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 3, 2018 7:23 AM

Apr 2008
Congratulations to Tomoyo, well deserved.

Also, the best actor and actress are behind Naoto and Otome respectively, so this award is - as everything is -, also Aikatsu :D
gomennasaiMar 3, 2018 7:28 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Mar 3, 2018 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
Winners together
Mar 3, 2018 8:10 AM
Aug 2010
At least this year there were proper awards, not like the joke that was last year's awards.
Mar 3, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
So happy for Suwabe and Ayane Sakura, they are great voice actors, and deserves praise for their very good work.
Seeing how Tomoyo Kurosawa won the award of best female actress, I am curious to see how her work in Houseki no Kuni is...
Mar 3, 2018 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Really happy for Toshiyuki!! And super glad Suwabe is here too. <33
Mar 3, 2018 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
Toshiyuki deserved it 100 %
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 3, 2018 1:08 PM
Aug 2017
I'm surprised that Akari Kito didn't win Best New Actress. She definitely was one of the standout performers of last year. But she's still relatively new and has a lot of time to grow.
Mar 3, 2018 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
Congratulations to all the winners~!

I'm especially happy for Ayaneru & Saorin.
Mar 3, 2018 3:12 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Glad to see Toshi! He surely deserves it!!
-ArisaMar 8, 2018 4:50 PM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 3, 2018 3:47 PM

Dec 2015
Really happy for Toshiyuki, I don't know the female but it look better than last year best actor/actress. And also glad to see Suwabe.

Congrats to all the winners!

set by taiyaki

Mar 3, 2018 5:00 PM

Nov 2007
Illyricus said:
Seeing how Tomoyo Kurosawa won the award of best female actress, I am curious to see how her work in Houseki no Kuni is...

You are missing out in one of the most monotonous and lethargic performances of all time (meant in a good way). Her dragged out voice is simply phenomenal.
Coronavirus.
Mar 3, 2018 5:20 PM

Dec 2015
So happy for Kurosawa Tomoyo! She truly is someone special. She did a perfect job as Kumiko and Phos.

Mar 3, 2018 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
CONGRATS TOSSHI MY NUMBER 1 FAVOURITE SEIYUU <3
Mar 4, 2018 1:04 AM
Mar 2010
Tosshi, Suwabe-san and Kou-chan are amazing. Shun Horie and Yashiro Taku are starting to impress me too. I feel bad that I only know of Ayane Sakura from the females.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 4, 2018 2:04 AM

Dec 2014
Tomoya def deserves it!

Gratz to everyone else!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Mar 4, 2018 2:44 AM

Apr 2013
BTW, are those awards working the same way as many literature awards, IE once you received an award from them you can never receive another (even in another category or a better rank in same category)?
Mar 4, 2018 3:32 AM

Sep 2009
People quite logically angered that no Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu seiyuus won the award but the chances were not high any way.
Mar 4, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
Zefyris said:
BTW, are those awards working the same way as many literature awards, IE once you received an award from them you can never receive another (even in another category or a better rank in same category)?

Nope. There are same seiyuu who have won the same or different award(s) in different years. The latest example is Suwabe Junichi.

Kaji Yuki (Finnian, Hyoudou Issei, Eren Yeager)
Sawashiro Miyuki (Shibasaki Asako, Canaan, Mine Fujiko)
Kamiya Hiroshi (Tieria Erde, Natsume Takashi)
Miyano Mamoru (Setsuna F. Seiei, Ichinose Tokiya)
Kugimiya Rie (Sanzenin Nagi, Aisaka Taiga)
Ono Daisuke (Hosaka, Kujo Jotaro)
Hirano Aya (Suzumiya Haruhi, Izumi Konata)
Toyosaki Aki (Hirasawa Yui, Nakamachi Kana)
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (Fujishima Narumi, Yukihira Souma)
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Orga Itsuka, Asahina Yusuke)
Tomatsu Haruka (Lala Satalin Deviluke, Yuuki Asuna)
Suwabe Junichi (Matoba Seiji, Victor Nikiforov*)

Kaji Yuki is the only seiyuu to have won Best Actor/Actress award twice. He is the only male seiyuu to receive three awards (including the rookie award). Sawashiro Miyuki is the only female seiyuu to have won the awards three times (best actress once, best supporting actress twice).

Note 1: Roles inside parentheses are the ones they got nominated for and winning the award.
Note 2: Awards other than seiyuu roles such as Best Radio Performance, Best Singer, Best Personality Award, Overseas Fans Award etc. have not been included in the list above.

*This is my assumption because I have not checked the source. Assuming it was for that role even though the anime is from 2016. The only notable role for him in 2017 was [Undertaker from the Book of Murder] but seeing how the best actor was given for a role from 2016, there is a valid reason for that assumption.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
People quite logically angered that no Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu seiyuus won the award but the chances were not high any way.

Well, I dunno how Ishida Akira got overlooked for his outstanding roles as Natori Shuuichi, Katsura Kotarou and Yuurakutei Yakumo. All in 2017. At least one of these three roles needed some level of recognition. But sometimes popularity wins over actual performance.

[Just like Toyonaga Toshiyuki sounded like someone holding back his bladder from leaking in some of his performances in YoI but to his credit he managed to grab the attention of the fujos exactly because of that and thereby winning the award.]
Coronavirus.
Mar 4, 2018 8:02 AM

Nov 2007
shanimebib said:

*This is my assumption because I have not checked the source. Assuming it was for that role even though the anime is from 2016. The only notable role for him in 2017 was [Undertaker from the Book of Murder] but seeing how the best actor was given for a role from 2016, there is a valid reason for that assumption.
Both Lead and Supportive actors showed Yuri!! on Ice as one of the anime when announcing, FYI.

And like @skystorms88 mentioned, "any role from December '16 to November '17 are considered."
Mar 4, 2018 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
shanimebib said:
Illyricus said:

You are missing out in one of the most monotonous and lethargic performances of all time (meant in a good way). Her dragged out voice is simply phenomenal.
I see, I see. Maybe it's time to start Houseki no Kuni...
Mar 4, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
shanimebib said:
Zefyris said:

Nope. There are same seiyuu who have won the same or different award(s) in different years. The latest example is Suwabe Junichi.

Kaji Yuki (Finnian, Hyoudou Issei, Eren Yeager)
Sawashiro Miyuki (Shibasaki Asako, Canaan, Mine Fujiko)
Kamiya Hiroshi (Tieria Erde, Natsume Takashi)
Miyano Mamoru (Setsuna F. Seiei, Ichinose Tokiya)
Kugimiya Rie (Sanzenin Nagi, Aisaka Taiga)
Ono Daisuke (Hosaka, Kujo Jotaro)
Hirano Aya (Suzumiya Haruhi, Izumi Konata)
Toyosaki Aki (Hirasawa Yui, Nakamachi Kana)
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (Fujishima Narumi, Yukihira Souma)
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Orga Itsuka, Asahina Yusuke)
Tomatsu Haruka (Lala Satalin Deviluke, Yuuki Asuna)

Kaji Yuki is the only seiyuu to have won Best Actor/Actress award twice. He is the only male seiyuu to receive three awards (including the rookie award). Sawashiro Miyuki is the only female seiyuu to have won the awards three times (best actress once, best supporting actress twice).

Note 1: Roles inside parentheses are the ones they got nominated for and winning the award.
Note 2: Awards other than seiyuu roles such as Best Radio Performance, Best Singer, Best Personality Award, Overseas Fans Award etc. have not been included in the list above.

Nachtwandler_21 said:

Well, I dunno how Ishida Akira got overlooked for his outstanding roles as Natori Shuuichi, Katsura Kotarou and Yuurakutei Yakumo. All in 2017. At least one of these three roles needed some level of recognition. But sometimes popularity wins over actual performance.

[Just like Toyonaga Toshiyuki sounded like someone holding back his bladder from leaking in some of his performances in YoI but to his credit he managed to grab the attention of the fujos exactly because of that and thereby winning the award.]

I see, thanks for the clarification. I wonder if the wish to not give those awards too many times at the same persons influence their choice nonetheless, or are all those final awards really not being influenced by the idea 'oh, that one was better, but we already awarded one, so maybe we should go with that one instead". Kinda.
Mar 5, 2018 7:15 AM

Jun 2016
No Kamiyan award? Hahahaha. Well, congratulations to all the winners.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Mar 8, 2018 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
They should've add Best New Rookie award to: Kito Akari

Mar 9, 2018 5:06 AM

Dec 2015
I’m so happy to see Tomoyo Kurosawa here. I think her voice acting sounds spectacular and she has the ability to make her characters feel very real and alive. I really loved her performance as Kumiko and Phos.
•••Everyone wants to connect with someone else•••
~Kiznaiver
Mar 9, 2018 5:54 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Well deserved. I'm not up to date on seiyuu but just looking at all their recent work makes me believe that it was deserved. :')

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
12 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.