Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2018 7:39 AM

Jan 2017
As you already know, one of the biggest youtubers (Logan Paul) disrespected Japanese culture in one of his new videos when he visited Japan. Adding to that, he even laughed at a dead Japanese guy (the guy committed suicide) whose body he found in a forest and even filmed it.
After all this, he apologized in one of his new videos when many people criticized him for this.
Do you think he should be forgiven?

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
Of course, people do much worse shit in my country and no one give a shit.

One white boy do bad stuff to nipponjins ... internet crumble.
US nuke them ... twice ... no one give a damn.

Welcome to age of social media, and age where everyone is hypersensitive.
SwagernatorJan 28, 2018 7:44 AM
Jan 28, 2018 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
America has made a lot of progress in 70 years. In 1945, the typical twenty-something American male would have cut down the body, decapitated it, and mailed the skull home as a genuine Japanese war trophy.

Thinking about it really, we gotta go back to doing that. Cause that sounds awesome compared to what Paul did.
Jan 28, 2018 7:45 AM

Oct 2015
I honestly don't care him disrespecting Japanese culture but the latter is pretty messed up. I never watched any of his videos though. I just know him as the brother of that guy who used to be a viner.
Jan 28, 2018 7:49 AM

Apr 2011
I don't get it.

What has he done that is unforgivable?

Did he kill someone ? Did the rape someone ? Did he steal from a homeless guy ? Did he burn a house with people in it ? Did he torture someone ?
Jan 28, 2018 7:51 AM

Jan 2017
@Swagernator
@Neane93

lel
Are both of you Logan Paul fans?

Valaskjalf said:
Did he kill someone ? Did the rape someone ? Did he steal from a homeless guy ? Did he burn a house with people in it ? Did he torture someone ?

I don't think so lol

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 28, 2018 11:28 AM
Aug 2016
He's an annoying and obnoxious twat, so he deserves everything he got so far.
Jan 28, 2018 11:33 AM

Dec 2016
He's not sorry at all, lol. If you just look at any of his past videos, you would know that he's always been a sociopathic dick. The only reason he even felt the need to apologize and do this whole publicity stunt was because he received a huge backlash. If no one called him out on it, he would've thought that he did nothing wrong.

What's the difference?
Jan 28, 2018 11:38 AM
Dec 2017
Yes
But i still hate him his content is trash and he is annoying af and every time he speaks i cringe
Jan 28, 2018 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
No.

Instead, we need Paul Hogan to do another Crocodile Dundee movie.

Jan 28, 2018 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
Who's this rube an why should I care?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 28, 2018 11:52 AM

Apr 2017
Swagernator said:

Welcome to age of social media, and age where everyone is hypersensitive.

Pretty much. A lot of people act this way towards suicides irl, and political correctness makes everyone online shame it.

I might have voted for the everyone makes mistakes option but then I saw the hashtag.

Logan Paul in a nutshell

Jan 28, 2018 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
Logan Paul is a detestable moron. He should be loaded into a giant cannon and fired into the sun.
Jan 28, 2018 12:04 PM
May 2017
If he apologizes sincerely there is no problem forgiving Logan Paul.

But he cannot be a dingus and do something alike again.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 28, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2015
No. Not because of the suicide forest thing, but because his videos are shit and he hates Waluigi.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 28, 2018 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
No he shouldn't personally i think if you can respect some ones opinions or a places culture you shouldn't be given any respect and did he do this no so no he shouldn't be
Jan 28, 2018 12:25 PM

Aug 2016
What he did was clearly wrong, but it's understandable, you need to compete with other youtubers for viewers and people get bored fast, so you need to come up with more and more dumb shit for views, doesen't help when you have a audience who is for the most part aged between 12-16 years.

I'm actually more mad at youtube themself, the vid everyone was talking about was in top trending for more then a week, and then they said they took the necessary measures, while they did excactly nothing the video was gone because Logan removed it himself.

Jan 28, 2018 12:26 PM

Apr 2017
It doesn't matter we'll all forget about it in a week like we always do with the internet witch hunts

'Member net neutrality? Me neither

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ πš–πšŠπš•'𝚜 CUTEST πš›πšŠπšŒπšŒπš˜πš˜πš—
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ADORABLE πš‹πš˜πš˜πš™ !
πš’ πš πš’πš•πš• KISS πšπš‘πšŽ πšŒπš’πš‹πšŽπš› πš›πšŠπšŒπšŒπš˜πš˜πš— !
Jan 28, 2018 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
Im thinking that in decade or so, we will all cringe that he and his brother even existed

Oh we're already cringing?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2017
Basically my thoughts are making fun of a stranger's dead body for internet fame is just unethical and disrespectful. He made a mistake, but his mistake is unjustifiable.
Jan 28, 2018 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
But I wasn't even mad. Not even a little bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Sep 2017
he recently donated a million dollars to a suicide prevention organization which is really cool. i think he's learned from it and hopefully will stop acting like an idiot in the future.

as far as forgiving him goes, what he did was still pretty fucked up and his behavior not just around filming the dead body, but how he treated the civilians in other vlogs was horrendous as well. i don't see myself forgiving him that easily, but i do think what he's doing is a good start.
Jan 28, 2018 12:57 PM

Nov 2011
Im not mad that he made fun of a dead guy as much as baffled that he was dumb enough to post it on youtube.
Jan 28, 2018 6:09 PM

Feb 2008
He's free to be a dipshit in the land of dipshits (America), but he should be banned from entering Japan again.
Jan 28, 2018 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
He showed his character. He's garbage. He's a fuckboy, its not about forgiveness or not since i doubt anyone is really that invested in him emotionally to care. Hes a rotten waste of human skin, it's a fact not an opinion, he's shown it. I've personally never watched his videos but i got enough from that one to know what kind of person he is. Now whether you choose to ignore that and watch his videos regardless to entertain yourself is fine, your choice but that doesnt change who he is at his core
Jan 28, 2018 7:16 PM

Dec 2017
He talked shit about NickleBack, You talk shit about NickleBack bitch. in all seriousness his content is trash and his morals are fucked and backed up by youtube until they were getting heat. He's serously retarded for not thinking what he did wouldn't get attention and is most likely the reason youtubers will have a harder time now.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to γƒ†γ‚Ήγƒˆ by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 28, 2018 7:23 PM

Oct 2010
His behavior was appalling, but people are honestly overreacting at this point.
Jan 29, 2018 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
The Paul brother’s careers deserve to die because they’re awful. Both their content & personalities are dreadful to watch.
Jan 29, 2018 8:51 AM

Feb 2015
The mistake in the first place were when he created his YT channel.
Jan 29, 2018 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
I don't even know them but what they did is hard to forgive. It'll take time.
Jan 29, 2018 8:54 AM

May 2009
I just want to go back to a world where only 12 years old cared about him.
Jan 29, 2018 8:57 AM

Apr 2017
The problem isn't whether he should be forgiven or not, the problem is people will continue watching him.

The guy is clearly a psycopath and does not have a shred of regret. That apology video? Completely fake. The donation? Damage control. But his audience ii too young to understand what kind of person they are watching. We as adults can discern that he is an utter piece of shit, but like I said, kids.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2018 9:37 AM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Logan Paul is a fucking idiot in general, so no. Also, his apology video was bullshit and his fanbase is full of naive kids and teenagers.
Jan 29, 2018 10:08 AM
Review Moderator
(q‒̀ᴗ-)βŒ’βœ§

Jun 2007
Tbh, I only cared about him cause of that incident. Before that, I had vaguely known his name because of an old controversy with another youtuber... I think? I know that a lot of his videos are just reckless and kind of irresponsible, but I can understand doing all that stupid stuff to ride the youtube wave. His goal is money and the people around (including family) also share that goal, so it's natural to lose sight of what's ok and what's not. Also, I don't think he was really laughing at the dead body, I think it's one of those times you awkwardly laugh without even noticing because the situation is shocking. Well, it could be either, but I'm sure he wouldn't be keen on showing himself laughing at someone dead and then talk about suicide awareness.

Should he be forgiven? He should, but not without facing the repercussions first. His first apology was terrible and the second one was staged (after his own effort obviously failed) and it is apparent that he needs to deal with stuff in the real world a bit more. So much focusing on creating more and more reckless and stupid stunts, have left him in a place where he doesn't have to be concerned with anything else. It's too much to hope he suddenly finds the light and changes character, but at least he can control himself a bit better and make well-educated decisions. For now, he can "pretend" to be a changed person who will only do good things, etc, but that's also PR so meh. Let's see in a few years (though I doubt I'll be waiting for that :'D)
Jan 29, 2018 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
teddymido said:
he recently donated a million dollars to a suicide prevention organization which is really cool. i think he's learned from it and hopefully will stop acting like an idiot in the future.

as far as forgiving him goes, what he did was still pretty fucked up and his behavior not just around filming the dead body, but how he treated the civilians in other vlogs was horrendous as well. i don't see myself forgiving him that easily, but i do think what he's doing is a good start.

If you think he donated it because he regrets what he did, you're so naive I almost find it cute.
He donated it to look good, he's a textbook sociopath.
Jan 29, 2018 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
Nope. He and his ilk are the worst. They've become role models to 8 year old children who now emulate his obnoxious, garbage behavior.

It will take more than backlash from a video to make him have a change of heart. I don't buy his apology video in the slightest, and it's pretty clear that a lot of these ex-Vine/Youtubers have no problem being obnoxious shitlords for views and ad revenue.

Jan 29, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2017
No, there's a limit to how much of a disrespectful low-life you can be. And the fact that he is a role model to millions of kids is disturbing.

Jan 29, 2018 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
zodd0 said:
No, there's a limit to how much of a disrespectful low-life you can be. And the fact that he is a role model to millions of kids is disturbing.

That's their parents fault lol
He might be an asshole, but the blame is on the kids parents who are too busy to give them proper education.
Jan 29, 2018 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
Suicide is such a sensitive topic and to laugh it off like that, damn. That's too cruel of him. Anyway, I think since he has issued apology, all we can do is accept it. What's there in fighting over it anyway? The loss is a loss, the words once spoken won't be erased no matter what. It's better to move on.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jan 29, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2017
Nokkun said:

He might be an asshole, but the blame is on the kids parents who are too busy to give them proper education.

Since they are adults you can't blame their scummy behavior on their parents. They have to take responsibility for their own actions...

YusakuGodai said:
, I think since he has issued apology, all we can do is accept it.

No, we also have the option to see through his acting and not accept it.
Jan 29, 2018 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
zodd0 said:
Nokkun said:

Since they are adults you can't blame their scummy behavior on their parents. They have to take responsibility for their own actions...

YusakuGodai said:
, I think since he has issued apology, all we can do is accept it.

No, we also have the option to see through his acting and not accept it.

Most of his audience are 13 year old kids. Not adults.
The kids watch that idiot because they have no restrictions on what they can watch.

Logan Paul is just a sociopath who found a way of getting rich.
Jan 29, 2018 12:58 PM

Mar 2016
nope, ban account, fuck his contents
Jan 29, 2018 1:10 PM

Apr 2017
Nokkun said:

I was talking about the Paul brothers, I assumed you were too...
Jan 29, 2018 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
zodd0 said:
Nokkun said:

I was talking about the Paul brothers, I assumed you were too...

I was specifically talking about the "role model" part, and why it's completely unacceptable that's a fact.
The way kids grow up these days, the amount of media they consume, is unacceptable.
Jan 29, 2018 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
no both paulers need to be removed but tbh the golden boys arent going anywhere lol they do make entertaining memes tho so them sticking around wouldnt be awful
Jan 29, 2018 2:54 PM

Mar 2008
Why does everyone think they know what it's like to see a hanging body in a suicide forest? My guess is Logan made a joke to cope with the situation. I know we want to believe our first reaction would be to act respectfully and solemnly and send prayers, but I'm more inclined to believe we first act to cope with such a bizarre situation psychologically and to gain a better understanding of it. Actually it looks like he said that's why he did it.
Jan 29, 2018 4:50 PM
Feb 2017
I know who he is but I could really care less.

Jan 29, 2018 5:07 PM

May 2015
He didn't have my respect to begin with. He's just a loud, obnoxious asshole.

Do I believe he should be forgiven? I honestly couldn't care less. It was cool of him to donate so much but let's be honest, it's nothing for someone earning as much as he does.
Jan 29, 2018 5:13 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
He was doing a lot worse shit before he got called out on that. Do I think he should be forgiven? Not really. He can make up for his constant amounts of fuck ups I guess but he's a grown adult he knew what he was doing.
Jan 29, 2018 6:26 PM

Jan 2016
He is just a VERY dumb human being. Not sure why anyone is giving a single fuck about him tho.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Jun 13

26 by Jomfrey »»
13 minutes ago

» Biggest life hot takes?

Rabnawaz2 - Today

27 by Kwanthemaster »»
60 minutes ago

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

23 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» How to improve intelligence

False_Entity - Yesterday

18 by traed »»
6 hours ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

21 by Noboru »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.