Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2018 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I find it kinda interesting at how the show continously focuses on Akira's inner thoughts and also the way she works with details. Compared to the previous episode, she seems more comfortable with working him.

That scene when she runs to chase after a customer after they left something behind is quite something...

Really liked the character chemistry between the manager and her especially when he helps her again. One other thing I think noticable about this episode/show is that it makes the music feel impactful.

Jan 18, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2010
Well another interesting episode which explained the scare on her foot.
Sad to see things like that happen but i guess some good things came out of it as well seeing how the manager helped out Akira like that.
Jan 18, 2018 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
great. another Asta
Jan 18, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
I really like the visuals of this show.

Also she said it, just like that ... but the manager is ... the manager it seems.
Jan 18, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
Another fine episode. Proof that no good deed goes unpunished too, though in a positive sense for once. Because well as it turned out Akira reigniting that old track injury at least allowed her to spend more time with Mr. Kondo. Such a sweet and earnest guy he is, and it was nice to see her laughing so happily while they were out together. Even if they are on two totally different wavelengths as that "confession" at the end demonstrated.
Jan 18, 2018 10:13 AM

Nov 2014
She wills to commute to work by Kondou-san.
Yoshizawa's presence made Kondou-san more dense towards Akira's feelings.
Jan 18, 2018 10:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WOW, NICE FUCKING LEGS O___O

gorgeous eyes and animation in general
Jan 18, 2018 10:21 AM

Dec 2016
Man the amount of money that must go into broken dishes in this restaurant must be insane lol

Also man does this show look, sound, and just feel good.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 18, 2018 10:32 AM

Jul 2010
I really liked the scene where she was running, didn't even notice how fast the ep ended.
Jan 18, 2018 10:40 AM
Feb 2016
Another great episode. This might turn out to be one of my favourite anime this season.
Jan 18, 2018 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
Yoshizawa antics at the Garden Cafe was funny. Tachibana's running scene was really beautiful, but her injury made her go to the clinic. That confession at the end though. Kondou seemed to get the wrong idea. At least he no longer thinks she hates him.
Jan 18, 2018 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
well the girl confessed...that was totally unexpected..nice episode
Jan 18, 2018 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
Lol'd at the manager's reaction when Akira said that there's nothing in Sakuragicho/Minatomirai.

Totally reasonable that he wouldn't think that's a confession with that age gap.
Jan 18, 2018 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
That scar :/ I thought she was fine but didn't want to go back to her club due to her crush, instead she is still not fully healed and probably won't be.
I guess they will start supporting each other, with their respective problems; rather than have an actual love relationship.
Jan 18, 2018 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
Really nice episode again.

The running scene was fantastic, too bad that Akira it triggered Akira's injury.
Though I like how she got to spend more time with Kondo because of that. The part where she laughed at Kondo mistaking the pedicure was really sweet.

That ending, I feel like Kondo perhaps did realize the way she meant it but chose to ignore instead, not sure. Though the visuals at the exact moment Akira said she loved Kondo was beautiful.
Jan 18, 2018 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
Tachibana and Kondou-san are adorable together.

Cute episode again,especially liked that part where Tachibana touched over all the places Kondou did before.

Wonder when latter one will start to see her in a different light too. First I was like ,holy shit,during the I like you slip-up,but then the he obviously had to get it wrong :S

Really looking forward to the next episode and the further developments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2018 11:21 AM

Oct 2013
She was so happy when she get his number it's so cute! everytime her reactions are cute

But seriously I feel sorry for Takashi, we know he don't have any chance in this romance.
TitadouJan 18, 2018 11:25 AM
Jan 18, 2018 11:29 AM
Dec 2017
The art is really beautiful and is enjoyable and not to mention the opening is really good too.
Jan 18, 2018 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
She confessed out of nowhere! Enjoyable episode!
Jan 18, 2018 11:33 AM

Nov 2017
the animation and music are so bEAUTIFUL.
Jan 18, 2018 11:37 AM
Nov 2016
Man, I like Kondo's personality,I really hope the show focuses on him more than Tachibana because Tachibana's point of view seems a bit childish and boring.If Kondo does like her,then I wanna know what he thinks because his point of view is bound to be more mature.

God damn,I LOVE the ED, I need the full version. So Yoshizawa took a job in the same cafe and Yui seems to like him. Nice.
Jan 18, 2018 11:41 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like everyone here missed it. She is masturbating in that scene where she was touching her body in her bed before the cell phone rang. The manga made it more obvious.
Jan 18, 2018 11:46 AM

Mar 2011
Great episode. I'm loving all the expressions that the characters keep making!
Also, that confession was unexpected + the misunderstanding was quite reasonable with the age gap and all.
Jan 18, 2018 11:58 AM

May 2016
This is was soooooo freaking goood, and that confession camw out of nowhere I laughed so hard when I heared her, I can't wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 18, 2018 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
Another excellent episode and, while the confession kinda came out of nowhere, I'm not massively bothered by that or Kondo's reaction to it: if nothing else, his reaction is entirely expected with such an age gap and, for now, it probably saves Tachibana a large amount of embarrassment (obviously, you also wouldn't have much of a story if the final confession came so soon, but I didn't really think of it that way in the moment).
Jan 18, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2016
Confession on the second episode was unexpected, but seems like it went right over Kondo's head.

Can't get enough of the ED, Aimer is God Tier!
Jan 18, 2018 12:17 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
She confessed and he reacted just like i thought he would. These two are super enjoyable characters.

Yoshikawa working in there now is an unexpected, nice surprise.

This show continues to be good in pretty much everything (animation, art, characters, music, etc.), super nice.
Jan 18, 2018 12:43 PM
Mar 2016
Tachibana look great in shorts, and Manager is playing the oblivious guy card.
Jan 18, 2018 12:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That pause of his before he reacted was really telling. I think they're gonna manage the romance/age gap thing with a bit more subtlety than i imagined when I started watching this.

i'm still seeing Gotou from Patlabor every time I see the manager. Not only is the character design identical, he even talks similar. It's gonna take a while to get used to.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2018 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
I really dislike the fact that Tachibana's Classmate went all in working in the same place... I should have seen that coming.

That aside, That running scene tho :o, and the confession, dear lord, I wasn't really expecting that.

Can't get enough from Aimer <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 18, 2018 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
whitehairgirls said:
Looks like everyone here missed it. She is masturbating in that scene where she was touching her body in her bed before the cell phone rang. The manga made it more obvious.
She did grab that blanket furiously.
Jan 18, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Another beautifully animated episode. I like that they aren't rushing in with the relationship. Keep the slow build up.
Interested to see where it leads.
Jan 18, 2018 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
I just noticed that this show is directed by Ayumu Watanabe of Space Brothers fame; Kondou and Mutta are even voiced by the same seiyuu. Watanabe is a brilliant director; it's no wonder I'm enjoying this. Naturally, it helps that the story, music (so lovely), and everything else are good, too.

I'm mighty damn glad that Kondou still isn't a creep. His naivete is endearing. Yoshizawa is almost annoying, but I still have sympathy for him. Hopefully he's let down easily. I honestly can't see much happening between Kondou and Tachibana, either. It would be too gutsy to go all the way with the story like this, but I don't know.

Random thought about slender character designs: I had to do some slender figure design sketches this week. Trying to get the lines right took more trial and error than usual. Because the features on a slender figure aren’t as pronounced, increasing or decreasing the curvature of an arch by mere centimeters made or broke the proportions. Sustaining such proportions for animation must be difficult. Reflecting on this, I respect Wit Studio’s work on 'Koi wa Ameagari no You ni' even more now.

5/5
Jan 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2015
The delicacy and realism this show goes about tackling its subject matter is truly spectacular. THIS is how you do a romance drama about unrequited love. Visual effects and sound design are also well done to convey the the feelings of our main character. The humor, with the few instances in this episode, is sort of dry but I don't really mind it as this is not a primarily "Comedy" show.

Also, the confession scene was unexpected, but it was met with a very expected response from Kondou. However, you can possibly interpret his response in two different ways:

1) Either he is dense af, and the possibility of a highschooler ever falling for him is so out of his conscious grasp that he honestly thought Tachibana meant that she liked him as being "tolerable" instead of a sign of affection

OR

2) He actually realizes that Tachibana has feelings for him, but decides to back out of it by PRETENDING to be dense and intentionally misinterpreting her confession

We really don't have much information on Kondou at all so far, other than the fact that he SEEMS like a nice, easy-going guy and a decent father. We mostly view the plot from Tachibana's perspective. For me, either interpretation would fit his character from the small glimpses we had from his reaction. However, I believe the former is definitely more likely than the ladder in terms of feasibility this early on in the show.

Can't wait for the next episode!
HibikaseJan 18, 2018 2:13 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 18, 2018 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
Very enjoyable episode. I wasn't expecting such a good anime from this title.
Jan 18, 2018 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
The only concern I have at the moment is Sayumi Watabe as the seiyuu for Tachibana. Her laugh felt extremely forced when the visuals looked like it wanted the laugh to be genuine. She isn't particularly bad, but you can tell she isn't that experienced as a voice actress. This is her first leading role. It's especially noticeable when she's contrasted with Hioaki Hirata who is the seiyuu of Kondou. He's one of the best voice actors around and it feels like he is acting circles around his counterpart. The casting feels odd, but I'm hoping the director is able to use it to good effect. Watabe's weaker acting does make her character appear more childish compared to Hirata.
Jan 18, 2018 2:29 PM

May 2015
Goodness, episode was over before I knew it, damn it..

Another beautiful episode. This is definitely one of my top favorites this season!

Jan 18, 2018 2:50 PM

Sep 2016
This episode really seemed like it lasted just a couple of minutes. Can't wait for the next one.
Jan 18, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2016
That slip up at the end though! '' I like you ''

He totally misunderstood that haha
Jan 18, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2014
Both of the protagonists are so precious. I can't
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 18, 2018 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Phaetons_Folly said:
The only concern I have at the moment is Sayumi Watabe as the seiyuu for Tachibana. Her laugh felt extremely forced when the visuals looked like it wanted the laugh to be genuine. She isn't particularly bad, but you can tell she isn't that experienced as a voice actress. This is her first leading role. It's especially noticeable when she's contrasted with Hioaki Hirata who is the seiyuu of Kondou. He's one of the best voice actors around and it feels like he is acting circles around his counterpart. The casting feels odd, but I'm hoping the director is able to use it to good effect. Watabe's weaker acting does make her character appear more childish compared to Hirata.

Man, I thought I was the only one who had issues with the Japanese voice cast for this show and this is coming from someone who watches anime in Japanese most of the time. I'm not afraid to criticize Japanese voice acting unlike most people. Although I do agree with you that Hioaki Hirata is the best seiyuu out of the cast so far, I still think his voice doesn't fit for what I had in mind for Kondou - I was expecting more of a deeper voice for the character, but that's just my personal take on it. From a brief glimpse of the cast, I can see that it has plenty of newbies in it which leaves me worried. Hopefully the cast sounds better in future episodes but I'm not holding my breath.
removed-userJan 18, 2018 4:04 PM
Jan 18, 2018 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Liking so far how manager acting so mature (imo) and there are also some realistic depth of Akira's character protrayed really well (That's Seinen genre for you).
This anime also kinda reminds me of Recovery of an MMO Junkie from last fall - character's age act like they should be

Jan 18, 2018 3:53 PM

Nov 2016
After every episode I replay the ending at least three times. Aimer, I think I'm in love with you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 4:20 PM

Apr 2007
What was the reason behind Akira not wanting Kondou to see her take her socks off at the clinic. Was she self conscious about Kondou seeing her feet? Or something else entirely? I found the whole scenario oddly cute.
KilluanJan 18, 2018 5:06 PM
Jan 18, 2018 4:40 PM

May 2014
THEY. ARE. SO. CUTE.
I ship it so hard.

Tbh I really love it when romance anime are stripped back like this, just because it doesn't happen very often. Stuff like being embarrassed over your unpainted toenails seems so weird at first, but it's completely relatable when you like someone!!

It'd be interesting to see what the hell's going on in Kondo's head though because I have no idea what he even thinks of Akira. Although I guess it's safe to say that at this point he's not romantically interested in her.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 4:46 PM

Apr 2009
Killuan said:
What was the reason behind Akira not wanting Kondou to see her take her socks off at the clinic. Was she subconscious about Kondou seeing her feet? Or something else entirely? I found the whole scenario oddly cute.

Maybe? It would also explain why she decided to put nail polish on after he called her. I think she was just a bit self conscious about her feet.
Jan 18, 2018 4:48 PM

Oct 2012
Man, the art and direction of this show is really something, it has both old-school and fresh feel, it's really wonderful mix.

Pretty much love this show and its two main characters now. Now prepare for lot of ani misunderstandings and cockblockers... or would I say if this wasn't Noitamina. There is high hope that the developement will continue like this with each following episode.
Jan 18, 2018 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Summary of episode 2 in one word:

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?!"

Anyways, totally looking forward to more.
Jan 18, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
The end card of Tachibana reminds me a little of Botticelli's Birth of Venus. Not exactly so, but it's reminiscent of it. The flowing hair and positioning of her arms mostly.

It is excellent the way Tachibana's feelings are expressed in her face and eyes, and one also gets a hint at what she finds attractive about Kondo.

Winter 2018 is making me extremely spoiled - there's this, Yuru Camp, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, and the bullying of Hina arc in 3-Gatsu no Lion.

Jan 18, 2018 5:11 PM

Jun 2014
Lol that confession at the end....total slip-up by Tachibana, but thankfully Kondo was too oblivious to understand (unless he knew what she meant and pretended like he misunderstood).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.