Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2018 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, even Haruka dressed up with yutaka. She looks pretty.
These tears though...

Personally, I thought this episode was a nice way for the characters to relax from their usual workplace and school. Kondou also seemed more relaxed than usual and it's nice to see Haruka catch up a bit with Akira.
Mar 8, 2018 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
Great episode, as usual. Can't believe we've only got 3 episodes left, I really hope for a second season.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 8, 2018 9:33 AM

Sep 2015
I get the feeling that eventually that the romance will end up shipping Akira and Haruka in the end instead of Akira being with Masami. The way the love triangles are handled, it reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura when:

That is just speculation from me though.
Mar 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
And here i thought this would be a cute festival episode, but no Tachibana is a party crasher for everyone.
Mar 8, 2018 9:39 AM

Jan 2012
A tale of two friendships at different stages: Akira and Haruka entering the drama mode and Kondo and Chihiro catching up after years apart. I was wondering when Chihiro would finally appear. It was very lovely seeing Kondo give Akira some sage advice under the beautifully depicted full moon. Friendships that withstand the test of time are certainly nice to think about.
Mar 8, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2014
Aside from the Kase episode that pissed me off, After the Rain has been so consistently good.

Kyan is upset with Tachibana for not being open with her, and they essentially blame each other for not providing an opening to communicate. I've had this almost exact problem with a friend before. Tachibana handled the whole thing somewhat coldly. Kyan seems really sweet, though she was perhaps too blunt in calling out Tachibana's crush on Kondou.

On Kondou's side of the story, we see him meet up with an old friend/classmate, Chihiro. We get some hints about Kondou's personal life. Indeed, he is a writer. All that blushing between them, though. I was bracing for this to go full yaoi, which would've been an interesting plot twist. Apparently, they were just drunk.

The two stories meet up at the end with a wish upon the moon.

Just beautiful.

5/5
Mar 8, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
Really nice episode dedicated to friendship.

Hope Akira and Haruka can patch things up again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2018 10:25 AM

Jun 2015
Things got rough between Tachibana and Haruka. I hope they fix things. So the author of the book is Kondou's friend. It was fun to watch them hang out. Even after being 10 years apart, they're still great friends. The Russian came out of nowhere.
Mar 8, 2018 10:47 AM
Mar 2015
The only two things that bothered me in this episode - when Haruka started to cry, it supposed to be a sad moment, but because of those two kids, I somehow laughed through.

Second one - this episode went so fucking fast as always
Mar 8, 2018 11:02 AM

Feb 2017
Haruka is an annoying drama queen as always, so I don't really care about her anymore. I get what she wants to do but she's going for it in a wrong way. Haruka wanted to talk to Akira, Akira saw manager, Haruka started saying mean things about him, Akira didn't want to listen to that so she tried to change subject, Haruka started crying. Really, what's wrong with you, Haruka?!
Chihiro finally appeared. And, what a surprise, he's not Kondou-san's ex-wife! Besides, his and Kondou-san's friendship is just priceless. Even after 10 years they are still best buddies!
3 more episodes and 1 chapter of manga left... I'm not sure if I'm going to survive that. I love KoiAme way too much.
Mar 8, 2018 11:18 AM
Mar 2015
Great episode about what happens to friendships. Even though we may part we can still appreciate what we had
Mar 8, 2018 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Lol. That's all it was? I thought she was in love with her or something. Yeah, friendships in general don't last. Sorry. No point in crying about it. Akira just kept it real, and (per usual) people can't handle the truth.

You should honestly be happy if it fades without things getting messy. This is what happens when you try to force the bond into submission.
Mar 8, 2018 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Dat bromance 10/10
I don't even care about Haruka anymore, she is just a drama-queen all the time, i don't even bother in get mad, but yeah Tachibana was kinda cruel with saying that too
Mar 8, 2018 12:35 PM
Jun 2016
1.I think it was necessary for Akira and Haruka to have their argument...at least that might help cut the ice between them..and maybe when they reconcile, they might understand each other better.

2.Kondo-san is a man of hidden talents..including potential novelist. Plus..the guy is showing his hidden side...I like the way he gives Akira san some good comfort and advice. I have the feeling he still sees her as a child though.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Mar 8, 2018 1:32 PM

Feb 2016
Ah, such a very interesting episode. Kondo-san's Speech at the end was really great, what a great advice for Akira he did. And not only for her, that speech is very real, there are times you get apart from your friends, but the link remains and no matter how many time it passes, you'll always cherish the great moments you spent with your friends. Hope Akira and Haruka make up later.

SJ7izm said:
Lol. That's all it was? I thought she was in love with her or something.

Well I understand how Haruka feels, they might have been really close as friends. I would act the same if someday I end up being distant with an all time friend. That's were Kondou-san outstanding speech comes in.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 8, 2018 1:48 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I like how the romance is slowly disappearing more and more with each episode and it goes into exploring youth and maturity.

That's such an interesting way to go for a show but i really, really like it.
Mar 8, 2018 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
Yay! Finally I am gonna see some new content next episode. The anime has finally caught up with where I had the manga on hold since the anime announcement! Yay!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2018 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Uh so it does seem that Kundou wasn't lying about had been his friend that wrote the book and not him. Tho it doesnt exactly explain the way he reacted and commented on the reviewers page, so hopefully that will be cleared up.
Nevertheless good episode overall. Nice to see the paralelism between Kundou and his classmate; and Akira relatinship with Haruka.
Mar 8, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
Damn Haruka is just a distraction to me honestly
She is just so annoying. Like can we erase her character?
or at least focus on Yui instead
Mar 8, 2018 5:46 PM

May 2014
I really loved the parallels between the Akira/Haruka and Kondo/Chihiro situation. Both together and apart, Kondo and Akira are doing a lot of growing and it just goes to show that growth comes in all shapes and sizes, and at all ages.

But wow, that awkward moment when you've spent the entire series thinking Chihiro was a bloody woman and it turns out to be a male classmate. Once again I'm both surprised and impressed at how this series tactfully avoids the overdramatic pitfalls of so many other drama and romance anime!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

It's pretty interesting to watch two different friendships at two different stages of life.
I felt really bad for Haruka when she started crying, that was honestly Akira's fault. :(

It was a lot of fun to see Kondo catching up with Chihiro. Their interactions were both interesting and entertaining especially the dialogue about the water reflecting the moon, I laughed along with those two. XD

Nice of Kondo to give Akira some good advice and I really hope she takes it to heart and makes up with Haruka.
Mar 8, 2018 7:26 PM

Oct 2013
Another episode goes by in a flash. This show does not waste a minute each episode. Too bad that Haruka and Akira had their festival ruined, along with younger brother and the twins. Both Akira and Haruka are a little too blunt at times.

Ah! So Chihiro is Kondo's classmate from his college days. Chihiro even kept an issue of their self-published journal. We even find out that Kondo's ex is named Megumi. Hmmm, maybe we will meet her at some point.

The final part where Kondo and Akira have their brief talk under the supermoon was enchanting. He gave her an inspirational talk, without seeming like an overbearing adult lecturing a youth.
Mar 8, 2018 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
not much happened in the episode just festival and all... manger old friend hangout
Mar 8, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2017
I'm looking forward to Kondo sharing his novels in the future, maybe with akira. I just want to know more about him, he is Best boy this year easy.

The use of colors and shapes for everyone emotions still intrigue me, i wonder what philosophy they are using to incorporate those in? Simple color theory doesn't always seem to apply so easily but it's kind of a nebulous thing anyway... I would love some insight there because it always seems to convey the characters feelings pretty smoothly. Which makes this show so pretty to look at, probably the best directing in a show this season.
Mar 8, 2018 9:43 PM

Feb 2011
Major_Gilbert said:
Great episode, as usual. Can't believe we've only got 3 episodes left, I really hope for a second season.

Totally want the second season of KoiAme is definitely one of my top favorite. So sweet in how Kondo really concern about Tachibana and really cheered her up, their moment always bring a warm smile on my face: together bring the best towards one another, truly love Tachibana x Kondo chemistry: Kondo's kindness is what I really love about his character. <3
Mar 9, 2018 12:54 AM

Apr 2016
The moment Chihiro told about the point in their life where they went apart quite resonate with me, since I always asked me this question : "how many amazing artists just never became artists in the first place only because they got a wife/man and kids ?"

I'm sure many people (men and women) gave up their dreams as soon as they decided to have a family and it's just here, illustrated in this episode.

In the end I enjoyed the second half of the episode the most, Kyan overreaction wasn't my cup of tea. Not surprised Tachibana reacted coldly.
I like Kyan's brother and sisters. It wouldn't be bad to see more of them.

rand note : Pretty pessimistic there'll be a second season to be honest.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMar 9, 2018 12:58 AM
Mar 9, 2018 2:52 AM
Jul 2017
This one just make the series more lovely.
Sadly, Tachibana shows her immature part.
So cruel, Haruka so caring but badly treated by her best friend.
Mar 9, 2018 3:07 AM

Mar 2014
What a great episode. I loved the interactions between Chihiro and Kondo.

Seeing Haruka hurt was pretty sad, I think she was bound to have some sort of outburst since she has been bottling up her feelings. I hope they are able to make up and have an honest conversation together.

A few days ago I was thinking the exact same thing that Kondo advised Akira, so I was positively surprised to hear that here as well.
Mar 9, 2018 4:49 AM

Jul 2014
I get why Haruka's in the show and all, but her presence is tedious and brought the episode down: while her argument with Akira served as a decent contrast with the relationship between Chihiro and Kondo, it doesn't feel like something worth caring about, and it's probably for the best if they both move on with their lives at this point. That aside, now that we've got an idea of the relationship between Chihiro and Kondo, his reaction to the book in a previous doesn't really make much sense at all, but I digress.
Mar 9, 2018 5:42 AM

Sep 2015
Interesting how genetics work in the Haruka family with the hair and skin color .

We learned that the ex wife was someone from college, and that he is not in completely good terms with her, probably... What can we do/imply with that information?

After all that time and seems like Kondou stil had a good friend, good to know.
Mar 9, 2018 7:03 AM
Mar 2009
Atavistic said:
I get why Haruka's in the show and all, but her presence is tedious and brought the episode down: while her argument with Akira served as a decent contrast with the relationship between Chihiro and Kondo, it doesn't feel like something worth caring about, and it's probably for the best if they both move on with their lives at this point. That aside, now that we've got an idea of the relationship between Chihiro and Kondo, his reaction to the book in a previous doesn't really make much sense at all, but I digress.

I guess you are missing the whole point of both the relationships, here.
Haruka is a key character in the story, and while you could find her annoying, her presence is very important. The reason why Akira is ignoring her, is basically the same reason why she fell for Kondo. After her injury, Akira gave up on her biggest dream: running. She hasn't the courage to try anymore. So, despite the fact Haruka is her closest friend, she started to ignore her, because she wants to erase from her life everything that reminds her of her lost dream. She started to avoid Haruka and all the rest of her track team friends. She is deeply depressed, and she found a shelter from the "rain" (her depression) in her obsessive love for Kondo. She is trying to replace her passion for running, with another passion. Kase (the blond cook) wasn't wrong, when during their "date" he told her "so, since you can't run anymore, you are trying to fill that gap in your heart with a man". We saw why she fell for Kondo: he has been very kind to her, when she was completely emotionally broken. Around him, working at the Garden, she can also avoid any contact with her friends, whose presence reminds her of her personal failure. It's also for this reason she doesn't want her friends can discover where she is working, or they could go there, and ruin her comfort zone.
When Kondo was young, he lived a very similar situation. He wanted to become a successful writer, and he shared this dream with his friend Chihiro, but he fell for Midori, he married with her, while Chihiro pursued his dream, becoming a popular writer. So, Kondo basically behaved with Chihiro like Akira is doing with Haruka: since Chihiro reminds him of his lost dream as a writer, he preferred to give up on their friendship too. Only recently, thanks also to his interactions with Akira, that are reviving in him his past memories and ambitions, he found the courage to meet Chihiro after 10 years, even if for him it's still painful to see how, unlike him, Chihiro was able to become a successful writer.
RyutaiMar 9, 2018 7:11 AM
Mar 9, 2018 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
best episode yet. i really loved chihiro, he seemed like a cool dude
Mar 9, 2018 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
Oh so both Chihiro and Kondu were not just classmates but were aspiring writers, too bad Kondo becomes a manager while Chihiro becomes sucessful.
Mar 9, 2018 1:00 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Seeing Tachibana finally hanging out with Haruka, I thought they will rekindle their friendship, but seems not.
I hope they fix things between them.

Ah so Chihiro is a college friend of his, I like their friendship, it's nice seeing them having fun while also talking about their youth & It was interesting to know a little about Kondo's past.
I do hope that one day he'll get the courage to publish his novels.

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 9, 2018 1:44 PM

May 2016
Amazing episode I really got some warm emotions here.
Mar 9, 2018 6:36 PM

Dec 2015
Such a wholesome episode :'), I love how poetic the conversation between Kondou and Tachibana got.
~
Mar 10, 2018 2:58 AM
Jan 2018
It really nice to watch this episode.after the previous episode we are presented with stories that focuses on inner conflict relationship between Akira and Kondou, in this episode now we can see the other relationships beside Akira and Kondou and that's about friendship.

In the beginning we are showed that Akira have best friend, Haruka. and in a piece of their story was appears in one episode, about Akira loves running so much and why they get so close since childhood to senior high school. But after that we don't know the continuation of the story till this episode.

And also we saw how Kondou relationship with his best friend too, chihiro. About how they meet after ten years but still warm as if nothing had changed. And it's contrary with what happened to Akira. And what i like in this episode is when Kondou advise Akira and what must she do about her problem with Haruka
Mar 10, 2018 4:35 AM

Feb 2013
- Haru nee...
- Oshiko
- Oshiko
- Eh? IMA?! KOKO DE?!
Mar 10, 2018 6:43 AM
Jan 2018
I don't know why but this series is honestly far more gut-wrenching to watch than shit like Violet Evergarden which basically just inject tears and bunch of mini sob stories into one giant sob story to make you cry.

Kondo is a 45 years old divorced dude who wishes he could be young again, so he can do what he wants, write what he wants, and properly accept Tachibana's feelings, but knowing that he can't he realize the only thing he can do is to push Tachibana away constantly. His friend went on to become an amazing novelist which is pretty much what he wanted to do but due to the decisions (marrying his ex) he made in life he became a manager at a family restaurant instead.

Most people has a personal legend that they didn't get to tell because of circumstance/personal belief/decisions in life. When you see someone else struggling to tell that legend, you're compelled to help them achieve it and that's probably how Kondo ultimately saw Tachibana. Even that hug at his place was probably just a spur of the moment thing. You get the feeling that this is building up to be a coming of age story but you can't help but wish it'll stay as a romantic comedy where the two leads end up happily ever after. I bet when that moment finally hit, and Tachibana and kondo both decides to move on, it's gonna be some epic melancholy shit that's gonna eat you up inside.

Compare to Violet Evergarden, this is a thinking man's tragedy, and honestly the best anime of the season for me. Not a single episode has disappointed so far, and every week I'm always looking for more.
ShowattMar 10, 2018 7:00 AM
Mar 10, 2018 6:56 AM
Jan 2018
Atavistic said:
I That aside, now that we've got an idea of the relationship between Chihiro and Kondo, his reaction to the book in a previous doesn't really make much sense at all, but I digress.

His old buddy's novel is showcased in the popular section of the library (which is basically every wannabe writer's wet dream) and he himself was in the same boat to make it happen, but instead he married a girl, got divorced, and winded up working at a family restaurant for god knows how long. Now that he only has the confidence to write novels (and never complete them) in his spare time and in secret, imagine the soul-crushing regret, jealousy and nostalgia he felt upon seeing his friends' book in the library.

His reaction was honestly as realistic as it gets.
Mar 10, 2018 1:13 PM

Oct 2015
I missed more conversation between Akira and Haruka before their dispute, if I have a friend who is in love with an adult like Kondou, I will do a lot of questions uwu
Mar 11, 2018 3:32 AM

Jan 2015
Wtf, I am only 17 years old and how Kondou feels nostalgic it does make me to not get older and to be forever in highschool. hahahah
Mar 11, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2015
Ryutai said:
Atavistic said:

I guess you are missing the whole point of both the relationships, here.
Haruka is a key character in the story, and while you could find her annoying, her presence is very important. The reason why Akira is ignoring her, is basically the same reason why she fell for Kondo. After her injury, Akira gave up on her biggest dream: running. She hasn't the courage to try anymore. So, despite the fact Haruka is her closest friend, she started to ignore her, because she wants to erase from her life everything that reminds her of her lost dream. She started to avoid Haruka and all the rest of her track team friends. She is deeply depressed, and she found a shelter from the "rain" (her depression) in her obsessive love for Kondo. She is trying to replace her passion for running, with another passion. Kase (the blond cook) wasn't wrong, when during their "date" he told her "so, since you can't run anymore, you are trying to fill that gap in your heart with a man". We saw why she fell for Kondo: he has been very kind to her, when she was completely emotionally broken. Around him, working at the Garden, she can also avoid any contact with her friends, whose presence reminds her of her personal failure. It's also for this reason she doesn't want her friends can discover where she is working, or they could go there, and ruin her comfort zone.
When Kondo was young, he lived a very similar situation. He wanted to become a successful writer, and he shared this dream with his friend Chihiro, but he fell for Midori, he married with her, while Chihiro pursued his dream, becoming a popular writer. So, Kondo basically behaved with Chihiro like Akira is doing with Haruka: since Chihiro reminds him of his lost dream as a writer, he preferred to give up on their friendship too. Only recently, thanks also to his interactions with Akira, that are reviving in him his past memories and ambitions, he found the courage to meet Chihiro after 10 years, even if for him it's still painful to see how, unlike him, Chihiro was able to become a successful writer.

Well spoken sir, I kind of got the idea, but this has definitely cleared things up more so thank you for sharing your knowledge on this anime.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Mar 2015
Chihiro Kujo... is that a JoJo reference?

Anyways, what a nice episode this was.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Mar 11, 2018 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
Seeing Kondo getting drunk and talking and laughing with his friend was nice considering we usually see a somewhat awkward Kondo in most episodes lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was a piece of art, wow. Genuinely the best episode of this series.

The friendship of Kondo and Chihiro is so beautiful T_T
Mar 11, 2018 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
Best episode so far, I knew Kondou-san was a writer! I guess a writer recognizes another...

But they messed up the gratuitous Russian: посмотреть is the infinitive form, "to look", not "look!"; the imperative form would be "посмотри!"; and месяц means "month", not "moon"!

It must've happened because in japanese "month" and "moon" are the same word, lol
Mar 11, 2018 7:33 PM
Jun 2017
BEAUTIFUL EPISODE AND MESSAGE!!! I agree with what mr Kondo has said to Akira (ms. tachibana), regarding the friendship. It is expected in our life that sometimes we are getting apart from our friends due to careers we are taking with etc, but as he said even when apart there are those memories that both shared and enjoy will stay forever.

*there is this scene that Mr. kondo has said if he could bring back the time, he wants to back to his youth years. from there i have said also that to myself, well i may be a young adult and enjoying my life as of now, but still teenage (youth) years is way different. hahaha...

GREAT EPISODE!!!
Mar 11, 2018 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
Z_Tetriminos said:
Best episode so far, I knew Kondou-san was a writer! I guess a writer recognizes another...

But they messed up the gratuitous Russian: посмотреть is the infinitive form, "to look", not "look!"; the imperative form would be "посмотри!"; and месяц means "month", not "moon"!

It must've happened because in japanese "month" and "moon" are the same word, lol

You are right on посмотри but месяц does mean moon as well. At least I think. I am learning Russian for just a half a year but in Slovak (related language) Mesiac does mean both moon and month. Russian dictionary also confirms this.

Completely agree on the best episode part. As a fan of Russian/Japanese literature and as someone who dabbles in writing (while a friend was already published) this was really a treat.
Oh_Rusty_NailMar 11, 2018 11:30 PM
Mar 12, 2018 6:24 AM
Jan 2018
Lindo episódio. Em especial a amizade, os reencontros e desencontros. Amei também por que me identifico muito com o Kondou, por sua paixão pela leitura e escrita.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.