Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2017 8:07 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
This epi was going smooth enough, though the romance still sucks majorly it could be ignored a bit easier with all the action in this episode... and then, comes the end with that jerk who is useless through and through... Man, I hope he suffers, I can't accept any more Kaisar "It's my fault you became like this, I'm sorry". No, he is a jerk and it'd be great if he was out of the picture sooner rather than later. Effing stabbing kids just so the kool kidz will recognize his skills through cowardice.
Sep 2, 2017 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
RaidenHUN said:
I never understood why the fuck would Nina love the king. That guy tried to kill her, murder, humiliate and torment her friend. Tried to kill Janne s kid abd imprisoned her for years.

It count pretty much as a betrayal to her friends.

As Jaime Lannister would say: "We don't choose whom we love."
That he was an ass she knew all the time. But hormones never give a shit about the mind thinks :P
Sep 2, 2017 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Nice tag team between Sofiel and Azazel. Badass Sofiel. Is it confirm Mugaro dead?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 2, 2017 1:29 PM
Mar 2016
Man, I knew Alessand would be up to no good especially he wants to be with the black knights,
Sep 2, 2017 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
It's unlikely that El will die, but maybe he'll lose his god powers because of the mortal wound? That'd make some progress on Charioce's side possible, let the kid live with his mother later (juggling heaven and Jeanne's own storyline is difficult), make him lose the attitude (which is necessary in his character arc anyway). After some special healing he'll get back to his Mugaro self, tho maybe with speech. But maybe that won't happen in a moment, his power will become expendable and he still will be able to do something badass a couple of times.

That'd explain the unexpected development. Plus it balances the power levels a bit and is in line with the trend of retconing big character changes, which often seen in badly written stories.

What d'ya think?
Sep 2, 2017 5:35 PM

May 2014
I finally figured out what this series reminds me of.
Watching Virgin Soul is kind of like watching a screwed up AU version of about 5 of Shakespeare's plays- Romeo & Juliet, Twelfth Night, Othello, A Midsummer Night's Dream and...god, I don't know...King Lear?

Needless to say, it's a bit of a trainwreck, but it's one I'm thoroughly enjoying!

Nice emotional outburst there Charioce lmao
I really enjoyed Nina's little episode, but I felt kind of sad for her...it's like she's in love all on her own just because Charioce has the emotional sensitivity of a box of Cheerios fitting nickname tho amirite?

Favaro was a total gent this episode, but then again when is he not?
I wish we had more of him though. I wasn't keen on him in season 1, but he's matured a bit since then and is way less annoying...only he's barely around!
The two best characters don't get showcased nearly enough!

End with El wasn't surprising since I unfortunately got spoiled on it yesterday -_-
I just want someone to kill Alessand tbh. He doesn't even deserve the screen-time he's getting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 5:43 PM
Jan 2017
GreenEmu said:
Sakonke5 said:
theory: Sofiel=Amira

That literally makes no sense though. On the topic of Amira, with these flashbacks we are getting of her and Bahamut's inevitable return, I expect we might see her soon. The chance of her and Favaro reuniting is the one of the few reasons why I haven't dropped this garbage yet.

Maybe you should because you obviously don't like it.
Sep 2, 2017 6:34 PM
Aug 2015
azazel to unleash bankai next week LOL
PogChamp
Sep 2, 2017 7:25 PM

Apr 2017
Am I the only one who hates when a character tries too hard to be important...?

That aside, I have this feeling Charioce will change his mind about Nina...
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Sep 2, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2017
Wtf after the beautiful scene of Mugaro embracing Azazel... we get that?
Sep 2, 2017 11:02 PM
Oct 2007
GangsterCat said:
the black dragon was cool, he is first actual enemy that feels like the enemies in the prequel. but then he just get rekt by azazel and boobs angel just like that, pretty disappointing.

I wished they had more budget for the fight between him and the rest. The way I see they are trying to direct the scenes seem to indicate they are trying to avoid some expensive animations.

"Nina, are you okay?!"
How many freaking times did they asked that question in this episode? Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2017 12:39 AM
May 2017
So a barely relevant side character suddenly kills off one of the main likable characters on the show? Who's writing this?? Jeez, I really don't know where this anime is going at this point. At least I got to see Favaro kick some ass, along with a pretty epic Azazel and Sofiel team up. And I think Nina is finally growing up a bit, which can only improve the show.
Sep 3, 2017 2:59 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this was a slight improvement on the last few weeks, but only just. The fight at the start was interesting, even if it was cut way too short, and other than that this was overall fairly tolerable. However, why am I not surprised about Alessand killing - or at least injuring - Mugaro like that, just before they all return to the land of the Gods? It was obvious as soon as Mugaro said he wanted to say proper goodbyes the next day rather than leaving straight away, and also because there's really not much more they could do with the character anyway. Whether he's dead or not, this gives the Onyx Knights a significant advantage, what with Charioce leaving and letting them take over in his absence and with Alessand determined to help them and knowing where Favaro and co's base is. That being said, they could have done more to make Alessand relevant if they wanted this twist to have more impact; as it is, Alessand has been an irrelevant side character for the entire series, so it's not as impactful as it could have been.
Sep 3, 2017 4:05 PM

Sep 2009
Vindicater said:
Some people need to chill out about mugaro.

The fact that people won't chill is because everyone is sick and tired of anime writers tyring to pull the GoT move...it's not going to happen, it's getting tedious and slightly annoying...=/
~It must be convenient to have a selective memory~
Sep 3, 2017 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
it was very cool seeing Nina draw out her reiatsu (lol Bleach) and the ground was rumbling before she changed into the red dragon but she was no match to the other larger dragon...
The combo with Sophiel & Azazel was fantastic and the enemy dragon was no match for those 2!
Nina is really a broken girl right now!
Oh My God! Why did Alessand have to kill Mugaro!?!? damn! this is totally not right! is El (Mugaro really dead!?!? just like that!?)
5/5.

Sep 4, 2017 5:24 AM
Mar 2017
The episode felt like a goodbye for El, him visiting the various characters alone made it look pretty final.

Still a good show and killing of main characters isn't a "GoT" thing, can be used as a shock factor for sure but this looked planned for a while now and not for a ratings bump.
NetspliteSep 4, 2017 5:37 AM
Sep 5, 2017 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
Azazel & Sofiel make a great combo.
Sep 5, 2017 3:26 PM

Jul 2017
Uncertainkitten said:
GreenEmu said:

That literally makes no sense though. On the topic of Amira, with these flashbacks we are getting of her and Bahamut's inevitable return, I expect we might see her soon. The chance of her and Favaro reuniting is the one of the few reasons why I haven't dropped this garbage yet.

Maybe you should because you obviously don't like it.

Like I said, I would drop it if not for Favaro, Kaisar and Rita and the possibility of Amira showing up again. Virgin Soul is hot garbage compared to Genesis. It's a shame too because it started out pretty strongly.
Sep 5, 2017 3:27 PM
Oct 2015
WOW, Virgin Soul has been a complete disappointment so far, what were the writers thinking with that shitty "plot twist"?
Sep 5, 2017 8:57 PM

Mar 2009
holy crap that guy is a piece of shit. Isn't he the one that always hangs out at the demon bar or something? I never sensed any malicious intent from him before? What the hell. I certainly hope he dies a painful death. Azazel and Mugaro's touching parting was completely ruined by that asshole.
Sep 6, 2017 8:51 AM
Jan 2016
What a nice scene when humans, gods, demon, zombie, and dragon can join forces together. I think Alessand will take the most important role here from a reliable guy to become a bad guy...Interesting show until the 20th episodes so far, can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 6, 2017 7:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I thought hed just be like ''here, El and co are at this place, ambush them at night or some shit'' not MOTHERFUCKING STAB HIM LIKE A LIL BITCH WHAT THE SHIT
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 6, 2017 7:27 PM
Jul 2018

Remember that this show isn't supposed to be taken very seriously anyway.

And really, hah. Some people don't accept an event like this... because well, the norm is having good characters succeed when they (realistically) shouldn't. Spoiled viewers--but at least only some.

And that dragon was sluggish... as to be expected.

Nice episode.
Sep 7, 2017 11:51 AM

May 2010
What?! I expected some kind of betrayal from Alessand, but not killing off El like it's nothing... What's gonna happen now? I really hope he won't be forgiven later, he couldn't commit greater sin than killing a holy child...
Sep 7, 2017 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
This end, wtf...

(Azazel + Sofiel = best duo, how powerful)
Sep 9, 2017 10:43 AM

Oct 2014
joe_g7 said:
Fuck this teenage love drama bullshit. Dropped.

I'm about to drop this too but I'm not sure yet.
Sep 9, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Nina...and poor Mugaro, Alessand is stupid!
Sep 9, 2017 5:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Talk about a retarded way to end a great episode, WTF!
Sep 10, 2017 5:46 PM

Dec 2008
Alessand, you asshole!! I hope Mugaro's ghost haunts you and shoves a hot poker up your ass!
Sep 11, 2017 10:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
O_O after the ED EL was killed!!!
Sep 18, 2017 7:21 PM

Mar 2017
Totally here for past chemistry between Bacchus and Sofiel.

Ugh my heart can't take it, Favaro's flashback of Amira, it's obvious how he loved her.

El and Azael's farewell was touching.

El's death would not be a good plot twist, why couldn't they have thought of something else. It would make more sense if he stabbed Nina instead.
LunarPisces1Sep 18, 2017 7:26 PM
Sep 19, 2017 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
People like Alessand, I hate more! I hope that before you forgive him, they break all the bones that bastard. Nice as an episode, both as drawings and as backgrounds. Characters, even them, are never trivial and always well-characterized.
Sep 23, 2017 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
OMG! For the whole episode I thought the mood is kinda sad but I really didn't expect THAT!
(when looking back it makes sense this happened as it was hinted too many times before, great developemnt for Alessand.

Great episode, the next time the heave surely breaks loose!
Sep 30, 2017 7:46 PM
Mar 2012
dragon vs dragon & that Azazel & Sofiel combo, pretty nice I see a new ship already, tho the main ship has sunk with Nina betrayed.
Mugaro's too good a brat to die from that selfish Aless trying to raise his family honor or whatever.
Oct 3, 2017 6:20 PM

Oct 2010
Says more than once he only joined the Orleans Knights to serve under Jeanne...murders her child.

Hopefully El will at least last long enough to let them know who did it.
Oct 14, 2017 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Decent episode, nice animation as always. Interesting ending scene.
Nov 10, 2017 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
ooo man Alessand is so dead new if they find out he did it Jane & Sophi will murder him lol

Nayrael said:
RaidenHUN said:
I never understood why the fuck would Nina love the king. That guy tried to kill her, murder, humiliate and torment her friend. Tried to kill Janne s kid abd imprisoned her for years.

It count pretty much as a betrayal to her friends.

As Jaime Lannister would say: "We don't choose whom we love."
That he was an ass she knew all the time. But hormones never give a shit about the mind thinks :P

also he knew they will survive that's why he gave kill order on her so easily he knows they are quite capable ppl

SongstressSL said:
Am I the only one who hates when a character tries too hard to be important...?

That aside, I have this feeling Charioce will change his mind about Nina...

me2 cause ppl like that are the ones that end up becoming monster & back-stab ppl close to them
Sugram22Nov 10, 2017 9:41 AM
Dec 1, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2011
Goddamn you, Alessand!!!
Jan 12, 2018 2:10 PM

Sep 2011
Dude fk that dude!
Apr 1, 2018 3:59 PM

Feb 2015
i highly doubt anyone gives an honest rat shxt on nina and her stupid relationship with the king by this point.

and of COURSE the best pairing in the anime suffers. what the heck were the writers thinking?!? and there's only 3 eps left, when are we going to see azazel's brother, or is there going to be a S3??????
May 25, 2018 4:27 AM

May 2016
Wtf was that ending that was so unexpected I thought he would take him to the guards not kill him damn it.
Sep 5, 2019 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
Dammit Alessande wasn't trust worthy after all

Really hope Nina get's over her first love and that they kill that son of a bitch

Dec 28, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2013
Contrary to a lot of reactions in this thread, this episode is actually one of the better ones since it doesn't entirely focus on Nina and her romance.

The fight with the assassin was cool. It's about damn time another dragonfolk appears even though it's very short-lived. Sofiel and Azazel combo was deadly. The power levels are very inconsistent in this show. Nina has always been shown to be extremely strong that almost everyone depends on her but then she gets wrecked hard here and then Sofiel breaks no sweat fighting off the assassin. There's also the Onyx Soldiers who seem to have fallen from grace. They were initially introduced as some deadly battalion that the king himself only uses during dire situations but then they've been really pathetic lately. Although it might be due to their bodies rotting from the forbidden magic they're using but we'll see.

I also really like Sofiel now and her constant banters with Bacchus. The way she finally understood where Bacchus came from due to the events happening lately was great.

Azazel has come a long way. I can't believe Mugaro saying goodbye to Azazel left me more emotional than any of Nina's tragic romance. When Mugaro had a misunderstanding with his mother, it was Azazel who he ran and clung to. With that said, fuck Alessand. I don't know why people didn't see this coming at all. All the scenes we had of him were him being a good-for-nothing knight who joined the Orleans Knights to chase some girl. After the knights fell from grace, he decides to take the easy way to the top by joining the Onyx Soldiers and now we have him betraying everyone. He'll definitely get his just desserts soon. Next episode is literally titled 'Vengeance.'
May 9, 2020 6:55 PM

Mar 2010
Will we see another Alvaro? i'm guessing nina will kill the King with her own hands. I just hope someone dies lolz

I think its great that they are going back to the heavens but I fell like Gabriel will be corrupt at that point.

Oof RIP El

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 27, 2020 8:01 PM

Aug 2018
no....El cant be dead...pls no

Dec 21, 2020 8:41 PM
Feb 2017
So he had the power and wanted to help defeat the king who has a superweapon. Then the old drunktard crushes him saying how worthless he is, and he should just fuck off to heaven. (El just escaped from there by the way)
"Yeah, you are right, my ambition for world peace is gone. Now i won't help defeat the villain."

Talking about plotdevices, was he just too OP? "We need to create tention."
hajutukuluDec 22, 2020 12:28 AM
Jul 16, 2021 6:13 PM

Jun 2016
A dragon-on-dragon fight scene, which Nina was outmatched in, followed by a coordinated attack by Azazel and Sofiel. Pretty neat, I gotta say.

Favaro, at this point, almost feels like a substitute father for Nina, especially seeing him get angry at people hurting her, not just physically but emotionally as well.

Nina seems like she hates Charioce now, although deep down, she probably still has some feelings for him.

The Sofiel/Bacchus interaction, as well as El's and Azazel's, was neatly done. But there's been a stabbing. Can we get a clean-up on aisle 5...

Oct 9, 2021 11:27 AM
Nov 2020
MUGAROOO!! NOOO
Please, I hope he don't die like that.
Jan 25, 2022 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
Father Favaro and Uncle Kaisar to the rescue. I like that.

That traitor! I thought he would rat them out not straight kill Mugaro-chan T-T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM
May 2018
NINA GOT DUMPED AND FOCKIN EL GOTTA LEAVE BRUH. THIS EP SUCKS >:(
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

123 by GavrocheN7 »»
Aug 17, 2022 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.