Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 15, 2017 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Solid action this episode. I really like how well made they made the batttle scenes (reminds me of Warhammer cinematics).

We also got to see Nina fight (not in her Red Dragon form). I think her combat skills even improved since we've last seen her. Gotta love how Favaro standing up to fight for what he believes in.

That ending with the dragon gave me legit chills. ED Card
Stark700Sep 15, 2017 10:26 AM
Sep 15, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Another episode of "Charioce did nothing wrong" with even Favaro defending him now. Yeah, there's no saving this mess. I'll give it a 3/10. What a shame.
Sep 15, 2017 11:30 AM
Mar 2014
GreenEmu said:
Another episode of "Charioce did nothing wrong" with even Favaro defending him now. Yeah, there's no saving this mess. I'll give it a 3/10. What a shame.

WTF, you really haven't been paying attention. In another episode Charioce basically admitted to reach his goals he committed a lot of evils.

@ Topic - I hope the Angels and the Devils can forgive Charioce - I'm pretty sure Jeanne has become the tyrant type which she despised originally.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 15, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2014
If they are bringing Bahamut back they have better save Amira as well...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
Bahamut was revived and Charioce's goal was to slay him. He should sit back and let Favaro handle it. Since Bahamut was revived, does that mean Amira will come back??

Nina fighting her way through was impressive. She showed a different side of her.
LeoSep 15, 2017 11:49 AM

Sep 15, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
BenMS said:

@ Topic - I hope the Angels and the Devils can forgive Charioce - I'm pretty sure Jeanne has become the tyrant type which she despised originally.

Yeah. How dare she seeking justice after the King trying to murder her and her son, forcing her to cut her own sons wing off, bathing him in demon blood and then let him life as a mute slave while getting imprisoned by the king. Really. She should just hug and forgive him.
Sep 15, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
Leo_10 said:
Bahamut was revived Charioce's goal was to slay him. Since Bahamut was revived, does that mean Amira will come back??

Most likely. She did become part of Bahamut at the end of Genesis after all, so the chances of seeing her again next episode or in the finale are pretty high.
Sep 15, 2017 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
I was sure that we will have something like that (main opponent of the story turns out to be a good guy who is dedicated to fight bigger threat and sacrifice his life for humanity).
But why Charioce had to hide his true intentions? Why fight with gods? They would surely cooperate with him if he reavealed what he knew. It doesn't make sense and only reason why he behaved like that is obviously poor scenario which required that kind of plot twist - which, as I said before, wasn't even suprising.

Sep 15, 2017 12:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reminder that Alessand is responsible for the war.

Fuck Alessand.

Other than that, that first Bahamut blast was fkin LIT, animation had me sweating almost. wew. o_O

That twist wasn't really a twist as everyone who paid attention saw this coming from a mile away.

What i didn't like was Nina going in there fucking shit up without thinking and then when she can cut off the hand...does not finish the job. That was pretty weak writing.

Hella entertaining though, i'm interested how this will end.
Sep 15, 2017 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not convince with Charoice reasoning. If he want to defeat Bahamut, then why did he hide it from the rest and even risk fighting Gods? It doesn't make any sense. If this is not explained, it will be the biggest plot holes in anime. Anyway, welcome back Bahamut. I hope Amira will return too.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 15, 2017 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
Smudy said:

Fuck Alessand.

Other than that, that first Bahamut blast was fkin LIT, animation had me sweating almost. wew. o_O

That twist wasn't really a twist as everyone who paid attention saw this coming from a mile away.

What i didn't like was Nina going in there fucking shit up without thinking and then when she can cut off the hand...does not finish the job. That was pretty weak writing.

Yeah,... weak writing... Look up the phenomenon known as "love". Something you can not fathom =/= bad writing.
Re:formed
Sep 15, 2017 12:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Zapredon said:
I'm not convince with Charoice reasoning. If he want to defeat Bahamut, then why did he hide it from the rest and even risk fighting Gods? It doesn't make any sense. If this is not explained, it will be the biggest plot holes in anime. Anyway, welcome back Bahamut. I hope Amira will return too.

This. You're absolutely right If there's one thing every species could agree upon it is that Bahamut is bad news.

It's all part of anime's "no one is really bad" zeitgeist. I'm getting a pretty fed up to be honest of this constant softening up of villains.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 15, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Smudy said:

Fuck Alessand.

Yeah,... weak writing... Look up the phenomenon known as "love". Something you can not fathom =/= bad writing.

You're going to try to defend this garbage with "it's love, you just don't get it"? Man, how delusional are you?
Sep 15, 2017 12:22 PM

Dec 2013
Alright, what is this shit?
He wishes to revive Bahamut, so he went out to enslave all the demons and slay all the gods? Where the fuck is the logic in all of that??!?!?!

I don't give a damn if he wasn't involved in ordering Nina's assassination or Mugaro's murder, but what was the point in making all of God-kin and Demon-kind your enemy? Would it not have been better to have started negotiations to acquire the technology and necessary equipment needed in order to do whatever you're doing to revive Bahamut without resorting to turning the other two factions of your world against you? Was there no room for negotiation 10 years ago when all three factions had banded together to imprison Bahamut? Could the King back then, once they found the demon's records, not have called an alliance that could have included all parties for the very purpose of coming up with a scheme to vanquish Bahamut once and for all?!?!?!

Seriously, where the fuck has logic gone???

Oh and on a side note, Kaiser, how much MORE of a beta bitch are you going to become? What did you think you could do after claiming responsibility for causing Mugaro's death anyway? You expected Jeanne to execute you on the spot and walk back to heaven? You really think you could abate her anger by offering yourself up as penance? My god does this man even have any more braincells left? Everything she said there was spot on. Can't fault her one bit for continuing with her vendetta.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 15, 2017 12:28 PM
Apr 2016
GreenEmu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

You're going to try to defend this garbage with "it's love, you just don't get it"? Man, how delusional are you?

You have just spat the argument this series was throwing at you for 22 straight episodes. I guess it was not for naught, aye??
Re:formed
Sep 15, 2017 12:31 PM
Jul 2015
Andrzej2 said:

But why Charioce had to hide his true intentions? Why fight with gods? They would surely cooperate with him if he reavealed what he knew. It doesn't make sense and only reason why he behaved like that is obviously poor scenario which required that kind of plot twist - which, as I said before, wasn't even suprising.

"Hey gods WE want to release the Re-sealed Bahamut,bring him to Anatea and slay him for all the atrocities he has commited (including making us wait half the show for a FAVAROOOOO) by the weapons you've hidden amidst our ruins and at all given notice rejected and forbade our use of it."

The gods are arrogant (as are the humans and devils) and do not wish to use the power that originated from the before their creation.This brings up a problem,if in Genesis they had known about the existence of such a weapon,they would have used it already even if it costed them their lives.....but probably the demand to end a cataclysmical figure would require something of equal proportions:Godhood in it's entirety.Likely,but this is still no excuse for total annihilation on their part.There must be something deeper in those books that Charioce has uncovered(along that glorious god battleship).Here is where we can truly speculate about the reason behind Amira's easy submersal within Bahamut and why her presence hasn't been revealed to any individual outside of Favaro's memory.

Maybe I am wrong but hey,we got a new god battleship!
Alex_TheBestSep 15, 2017 12:35 PM
Sep 15, 2017 12:31 PM

Jan 2009
THE END JUSTIFY THE MEANS

thats the principle of Charioce actions all along, he will do even evil things as long as the end result is for the greater good and that is to finally kill Bahamut

and wow i never thought Bahamut will be shown this season too lol

and i hope Favaro can finally save Amira this time from Bahamut
Sep 15, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2013
isekai said:

thats the principle of Charioce actions all along, he will do even evil things as long as the end result is for the greater good and that is to finally kill Bahamut

How does murdering, torturing and mutilating innocent children fit into his plan?
Sep 15, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
Fipse said:
isekai said:

How does murdering, torturing and mutilating innocent children fit into his plan?

he cannot control everything thats how bad and unfair the principle of THE END JUSTIFY THE MEANS anyway and he only care about humans from what i remember, he does not care about god race and demon race
Sep 15, 2017 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
isekai said:
Fipse said:

he cannot control everything thats how bad and unfair the principle of THE END JUSTIFY THE MEANS anyway and he only care about humans from what i remember, he does not care about god race and demon race

Sounds like a racist asshole to me.
Sep 15, 2017 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
Fipse said:
isekai said:

well he is, remember when he fight Kaisar and said that its humanity's time to shine while Kaisar wants co-existence with god race and demon race? ye

Charioce goal is to kill Bahamut for revenge and for the sake of humanity only
Sep 15, 2017 12:58 PM

Nov 2009
I sort of dislike this sudden 'Charioce is working for the good of humanity' twist. It doesn't make much sense either, like all of the reasons you could come up with why he allowed the situation with gods to deteriorate that much instead of, I don't know, trying to talk to them? why he abused the demons so much, why he picked up a fight with gods, all what happened with Jean, why he spouted all that crap about proving humanity better and a multitude of other various whys - all those reasons are shallow and unconvincing.

Well, the show's still spectacular, but I have to drop my score now from 9 to 8.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 15, 2017 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
isekai said:
Fipse said:

well he is, remember when he fight Kaisar and said that its humanity's time to shine while Kaisar wants co-existence with god race and demon race? ye

Charioce goal is to kill Bahamut for revenge and for the sake of humanity only

The problem with this is basically that never in this show, has there been a moment when it was mentioned that any weapon, not even the one set up at Anatea, had the power to vanquish Bahamut once and for all. All that was mentioned was that Martinet's research was the destructive force of Bahamut and that the gods had sealed away that technology. There was no correlation that said sealed technology could destroy Bahamut.

Now here's the question, if Martinet's research had already revealed so much, then why did no one in the last decade call out the Gods about this? Not the Humans, nor the Demons who did this research? If there was such a way to vanquish Bahamut 100%, then obviously it should've been revealed to all three parties, regardless of the risks involved. Heck, they could've even forced cooperation from the gods if it really were 100% worth the risk (like, either you let us use the tech, or we make you obsolete by turning all your believers against you by revealing that you had a way to kill off the greatest evil in our world but decided NOT to use it, or something like that).

It's obvious that Charioce doesn't have a 100% surefire plan to kill off the monster, otherwise he would have revealed what he was doing to the gods and demons to force their cooperation, and probably would have received it as well (heck, who wouldn't want to obliterate Bahamut permanently in their world).

The only reason why they had to do everything in secret is because they believe it will work, but have no basis for supporting that belief. That's why they had to forcibly steal the tech from the gods (and yet it still doesn't explain the torture and enslavement of demons).

There is no indication, and no reason to believe what he's planning will work, yet he is willing to unleash Bahamut onto the world, use an unsealed weapon of the gods AND turn every other faction against him just to try it.
Where's the logic in all of that?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 15, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
@L-Ryoshi

but even the Goddess Gabriel said that forbidden technology can give destruction as much as Bahamut so that fact alone is convincing enough for him especially that Charioce and the rest of his minions wants to kill Bahamut once and for all (but ye they will fail anyway since there will be no sequel if Bahamut is killed now lol)
Sep 15, 2017 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
So, let's summarize some things here:

1 - As far as we know Bahamut is immune to magic of any kind, which is why he was always sealed every time he appeared on the world, because nothing could so much as scratch him, not even the most powerful Gods and Demons. So will Dromos even do anything against him? Favaro was only able to banish him on the first season because he was given a talon from Bahamut's body from that Elder Dragon who told him that was the only thing capable of hurting Bahamut.

2 - Gabriel told both Nina and Jeanne when they were at Heaven that the Gods have very limited knowledge about Dromos and that they were afraid of it. So if Charioce obtained knowledge on it that even the Gods didn't have why in hell did he wage war against the Heavens instead of seeking their help? They aren't telling us the whole story and it's f*cking annoying.

3 - Same thing goes for Charioce almost wiping out all of demonkind. How does that benefit him at all? It doesn't make any sense. Again, we're not getting the whole story and these huge plot holes are only making things worse.

I don't like where things are going, at this point nothing makes sense and the show is completely devoid of logic. It's just huge plot holes everywhere and after episode 12 the story went from somewhat enjoyable to utter bullsh*t.
Sep 15, 2017 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly it would have been better if this entire plan was foreshadowed at least a tinsy bit for Charoice. It doesn't really make much sense on paper but I can kind of get it in a way? Although... I still don't like him. The idea doesn't make much sense, as well as some stuff might have felt contradicting as well.

Bahamut coming back was pretty great honestly, I think depending how these last few episodes turns out can make or break it, but I think for now it's the latter for my end.

Despite those flaws I can still kind of enjoy this series to some extent, but I don't think it's an utter clusterfuck by comparison. It could have been done SO much more with it but unfortunately it doesn't help much. It should have gotten at least some extra time to do this.

isekai said:

Yes, ends justify the means. However, that doesn't make it even less of an asshole, if that makes sense. I still dislike him but I don't dislike him more, it's less, but still disliking him.
Sep 15, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
Wasshio said:

isekai said:

Yes, ends justify the means. However, that doesn't make it even less of an asshole, if that makes sense. I still dislike him but I don't dislike him more, it's less, but still disliking him.

ye i agree with that Hitler for example is an example in history using the idea of the end justify the means, he wants to conquer the world all for the sake of white supremacists or german race
Sep 15, 2017 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
isekai said:
@L-Ryoshi

but even the Goddess Gabriel said that forbidden technology can give destruction as much as Bahamut so that fact alone is convincing enough for him especially that Charioce and the rest of his minions wants to kill Bahamut once and for all (but ye they will fail anyway since there will be no sequel if Bahamut is killed now lol)

Yeah, I understand that, and I think you do too. But what we're discussing here is the logic of Charioce and his retainer's decisions. I don't believe that anyone in the human faction have their heads on straight right now.

Like I said before, they are willing to risk the destruction of their world purely by releasing Bahamut from his seal for a possibility and not an absolute assurance that they might be able to kill him for good with ancient sealed technology which even they probably don't know how to use properly.

You would think there'd be some people on the human side who might just go "hey wait a sec, this plan isn't 100% foolproof, maybe we should think this through, or better yet consult with ALL THE OTHER FACTIONS before we do something stupid like offend all the gods and demons and destroy the entire world." like maybe 10 years ago?

The logic for all of their actions thus far has been flawed and that makes for some awful writing and if you ask me. The fact that 99.5% of the entire human population in this series are born with no braincells just blows my mind.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 15, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2017
I knew it. Charioce's goal was to take down Bahamut.

People saying he could've told the gods and demons about it but gods are arrogant and gods and demons can never cooperate. They will fight over who should have the glory of killing Bahamut, like last season when Michael told Gabriel that Jeanne might be the prophesied knight that will kill bahamut and bring peace but gabriel was like no the glory has to be ours. They couldn't even cooperate on finding the god key "amira" the only time they cooperated was when Bahamut was about to destroy everything and they were forced to. How come none of them noticed Bahamut was gonna appear? neither gods or demons. Are they prepared to face him? no, only Charioce is. Gods and demons look down at mankind, he was wise not to tell them.

To Charioce, the end justify the means. It wasn't his plan alone even before he became king it was the old scientist and onyx captain plans and Charioce was nothing but a tool who believed it was his destiny to slay Bahamut. He wanted to put humanity on top, he is king of mankind and wants what's best for them. He even said mankind has to be powerful to defeat gods, demons, and Bahamut. He did ruthless things but I can see the logic behind them. He didn't do them because he enjoys doing ruthless things. He is a complex character that is why people don't understand him, you have to watch scenes of him multiple times to get an idea of his intentions.

Charioce is gonna be a hero by the end of this story.

Sep 15, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2014
Charioce's logic isn't really making a lot of sense but honestly I'm just happy to see Bahamut returning so I'll just sit back and enjoy these final 2 episodes. Maybe we'll even see Amira again, who knows.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 15, 2017 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
I see Bahamut is doing finer than ever.
Sep 15, 2017 1:52 PM
May 2017
Here we go again with "all his evil doing was for the good of other". Like everyone else I guess I saw it coming from faaaarrrr away. Is it me or the onyx guard are weak af now? Nina still can't harm the king after all he's done. It's like DAOKO lyrics are made from Nina.

Good points is, we got a lot of Favaro, Jeanne return to fight mode and the return of Bahamut... Just wow. Let's see if Amira come back soon.

Almost the end and I really think that story wise this anime is a 7/10 and could have been way more.
Sep 15, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Smudy said:

Fuck Alessand.

The thought of Alessand being "resposible" for the war, this goes both ways of right & wrong. Just like Jeanne has said it out, regardless of Alessand killed her son or not, the war will still goes off in the future. Thats because the "seed" has long been planted by Charioce himself, Alessand's d1ck move only speed up the war to happen.
Sep 15, 2017 1:56 PM

Feb 2017
How I suppose to take serious people who said that Charioce's logic has "no sense" when since the episode 5 he said he wanted humankind to be powerful enough in order no never depend of Gods or demons, and be able to defeat even the final boss, Bahamut. Gods are prideful and demons are abusives towards humans, Charioce's rasoning of not depending of them has many sense and I totally support it, and even if everything has sense, he is able to feel guilty about everything he has done and was able to say it in the episode 17.

It seems that there are people here that watch the episodes in which only appear their favorite characters and then they forget about the rest. Why I am not surprised at all?

I feel bad for Jeanne but now her actions are really cuestionables, I know she feels horrible because her child was killed by an idiot, but bring people to death because of her own suffering looks like what she did in the previous season killing the archangels, because of her own suffering, and this time is even worse because she is not being manipulated, it's everything her own choice but surprinsingly there is no people talking about it. I am tired of this double standard in this fandom.

Stop blaming characters only because you don't like them and start to be rational.
Sep 15, 2017 1:57 PM

Sep 2016
this is so absolutely stupid attempt to give "charioce did nothing wrong!" moment. his goal is to kill bahamut, OKAY, why did he stay silent and play villain who make enemy of literally everyone instead of actually working with everyone to slay bahamut? like you know, how the previous groups slain bahamut togheter or during ancient flashback times where everyone working togheter? moron.

he murdered gods and enslave demon for nothing. god this is so stupid.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 15, 2017 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
GangsterCat said:
he murdered gods and enslave demon for nothing. god this is so stupid.

That's just BS sorry but seriously? nelliecatalinas also wrote it he stated many episodes ago that one of his goals is to make humans the greatest race.
What i actually find insane is that Charioce went ahead and made the demons and gods his enemy but didn't get rid of the gods before going on with his primary goal of slaying Bahamut.

And where did they say "Charioce did nothing wrong"? What he did he did for his goal of killing Bahamut and having humans as the strongest race, which literally means kill the gods and demons.

The pacing was horrible this episode. Clearly they didn't plan properly and wasted too much time the last episodes and now it is rushed like hell.
Sep 15, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 2016
Charioce in episode 17: Bahamut killed my mom, i'm gonna tell you more next time we meet.

Charioce in episode 22: Bahamut killed my mom, i'm gonna kill him. Oh sorry, it wasn't even Charioce speaking, it was a random old man right next to him doing all the explaining. SERIOUSLY??? And nameless Captain of the Onyx knights was the one that found the way to defeat Bahamut. Give that man a name. He deserves it.

Now you're forgiven Charioce. NOT. What great reasoning you have for your mass murdering, racial cleansing, introduction of slavery and all that nice stuff you psychopath. And oh look he's in love, he's crying in the opening, i feel so sorry for him, he is totally a good guy, it's a good thing the show never tries to portray him as a hero with noble goals, poor fantasy Hitler, wrongly criticized by everyone.

Yeah Favaro, defend the king because why not? Maybe shout out loud that HE DID NOTHING WRONG! DID YOU HEAR THAT VIEWERS? Set him up on a date with Nina while you're at it, it's only the final battle ffs. And then people tell me the show doesn't portray him as a good guy. Even Favaro is trying to brainwash us now.

Charioce's plan makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, this is nothing new though, i have already said my opinion on this matter in previous episodes and many people are talking about it now anyways, so i won't repeat myself. What i do want to say is that the upcoming finale with Bahamut has been criminally underdeveloped. For starters, there has barely been any foreshadowing or hints about it. I was certain from the beginning that Charioce's ultimate goal was defeating Bahamut, but that was because this was literally the only road the show could go down, not because it seemed like we were heading in that direction. Honestly, there has barely been any mention of Bahamut all season long. Especially not in the context of killing Bahamut. Not even the main characters were aware that Charioce was planning to do something with Bahamut. Certainly, there has been nowhere close near enough focus on Bahamut, considering this is the grand ending and all that.

Best scene in this episode was the one with the citizens evacuating, it actually gave us some insight about what's going on around the world.

This season... this freaking season... It is reaching the quality levels of Eureka Seven AO and Lostorage Incited WIXOSS as a sequel. I think i'm going to treat this like it never even existed.
MouloxasSep 15, 2017 3:29 PM
Sep 15, 2017 2:27 PM

Feb 2011
The CGI dragon of my nightmares is back
Sep 15, 2017 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

I don't give a damn if he wasn't involved in ordering Nina's assassination or Mugaro's murder, but what was the point in making all of God-kin and Demon-kind your enemy? Would it not have been better to have started negotiations to acquire the technology and necessary equipment needed in order to do whatever you're doing to revive Bahamut without resorting to turning the other two factions of your world against you? Was there no room for negotiation 10 years ago when all three factions had banded together to imprison Bahamut? Could the King back then, once they found the demon's records, not have called an alliance that could have included all parties for the very purpose of coming up with a scheme to vanquish Bahamut once and for all?!?!?!

To be fair, no one took humans seriously at the time.

In fact, up until Bahamut escaped the seal, the gods and the demons were still basically in a Cold War instead of banding together to stop the impeding apocalypse.

I don't agree with everything Charioce did, but I can understand why he didn't trust the gods or the demons.
Sep 15, 2017 2:34 PM

May 2014
Some people have been saying the enslaving and kill at first was to help revive Bahamut since he's the reset button when things go too south in the world.

That means he did that to revive him faster I guess?

Sep 15, 2017 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Guys guys....everyone chill. We are officially at the point in the story where it can be summed up as one sentence:

FUCK IT, WE'RE DOING IT LIVE!
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 15, 2017 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
There's some really poor writing at work here

We does Charioce need to kill the gods and demons? to be the strongest? WTF does this matter when you up against Bahamut.

Its insulting as a viewer to watch as they try an excuse him under the pretence it was for the greater good. How may tyrants and dictators in history have done the same but we dont revere them as some anti hero. Why do his plans need to be so secret anyway, im sure nobody want the bloody Dragon back.
Its also never really explained why Bahamut is back they just skimmed over it.

Also Nina's character has also been ruined by her constant pining for King Genocide.

Can we get Amira back please, a heroine who at least had conviction and backbone.
Sep 15, 2017 2:43 PM

Jan 2016
I still don't think of Charioce as a good guy, he commited terrible sins and there is no way a reason like "I want to slay Bahamut" will work. Anyway Bahamut gave me straight up chills, what a beautiful dragon!

I'll be pissed if we don't see Amira now, also I want Nina to know of Favaro and his feats, that would be cool
Sep 15, 2017 2:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Leave it to Nina to disappoint the fuck out of me (AGAIN) and for Favaro + Kaisar and to try and use some type of bullshit means to attempt to redeem Charioce

THIS MAN IS AN EVIL TYRANT PIECE OF SHIT THAT IS STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF ThOUSANDS....Yeah he didn't order king of fuckboys to kill Mugaro but this cunt king tried to kill him many times before (It's amazing how Kaisar doesn't know that)

The only thing keeping me from raging during this ep was watching Jeanne and the others go HAM + Favaro thinking about best girl Amira (Please let her come back to life) and like I thought, Charioce's plan does not paint him in a good light at all yet alone does it make any fucking sense (So it was good to have my hate for him be 100% justified)

I hope Bahamut kills his ass though because man do I miss seeing that beautiful dragon killing/machine lol

Sep 15, 2017 3:01 PM

Sep 2015
nelliecatalinas said:
How I suppose to take serious people who said that Charioce's logic has "no sense" when since the episode 5 he said he wanted humankind to be powerful enough in order no never depend of Gods or demons, and be able to defeat even the final boss, Bahamut. Gods are prideful and demons are abusives towards humans, Charioce's rasoning of not depending of them has many sense and I totally support it, and even if everything has sense, he is able to feel guilty about everything he has done and was able to say it in the episode 17.

It seems that there are people here that watch the episodes in which only appear their favorite characters and then they forget about the rest. Why I am not surprised at all?

I feel bad for Jeanne but now her actions are really cuestionables, I know she feels horrible because her child was killed by an idiot, but bring people to death because of her own suffering looks like what she did in the previous season killing the archangels, because of her own suffering, and this time is even worse because she is not being manipulated, it's everything her own choice but surprinsingly there is no people talking about it. I am tired of this double standard in this fandom.

Stop blaming characters only because you don't like them and start to be rational.

Sorry bro, you aren't that rational yourself also. If you have stand in the middle, I would not have reply your comment. But you have take your stand on Charioce's side, then let me speak up a little.

Firstly I want to point out the Gods are not prideful, angels is. The Gods(season 1) gave human the power to defend against the demons for nothing in return except prayers & an entity to look up to. Even the angels are not prideful from the start, a good example is Michael who have great faith in humanity. The reason why Gabriel become prideful the way she is now was all because of the Bahamut incident(season 1) which killed many Gods & angels along with it and Charioce's incident which he using the god given power to strike back at the Gods temple(episode 1). Seriously even me would get agitated by all the events, definately Gabriel's personality was warped as she needs to lead the remaining angels. Secondly "demons are abusive", part right part wrong. Demons never start a war with human nor did they enslaves the humans to the extent like what Charioce did. So basically the demons are just like your average crooks in alley, doing bad things here & there, which is an obvious thing because they are demons duh. But the Gods did gave human the power to defend. In the end what happen? Both Gods & demons lost many due to Bahamut incident from working together to seal it for the sake of world.

Your comment support for Charioce is definately not wrong, but its not something to be encouraged. Charioce's action & choice for the sake of humankind and slaying Bahamut as end goal have too much price to pay and many karmas will come from it. Killing Angels and enslaving demons are definately not the only way for the sake of something, and along the way other casualties suffer from it. Regardless of angels & demons, life is still life. Charioce feeling guilty doesn't change the fact of him doing many evils, slaying Bahamut in the price of many doesn't make him any good, he is not a saint but a selfish king. What did his action brings? Seed of hatred and revenge all over the place which will cause something sooner or later just like in this episode. There should be plenty of ways to make humankind stronger, remaining angels maybe prideful but they never ask for anything physical and even continue to provide power after Bahamut incident. Charioce could have in a way ignore the the angels, and continue to use god's power to kill the demons. Charioce could have the choice to have table discussion with Gabriel & Lucifer in regards to Bahamut, but no, lets kill angels & enslave demons to slay Bahamut himself.

I believe you never watch this episode properly. Jeanne has already exlained it, whether Alessand killed her son or not, the war will one day happen and the seeds of hatred & revenge will explode. Alessand's d1ck move only speed up the process. As I have already said Charioce slaying Bahamut goal doesn't make him a saint of the world, Jeanne to you who opposed Charioce doesn't make her look bad also. You think all the human/demon/angel fighting along in this war is all because Jeanne's son was killed? Wrong. All of them fight because Charioce's selfish action affected them, Jeanne is only leading the armies. Just so you know if Charioce do evil for the sake of humankind then Jeanne also has the right to start war(which the fuse is lighting up at the back) for the sake of her son. El may have been killed by Alessand, but the cause and evil intention all comes from Charioce. Don't forget that Charioce has wanted to kill El from the start. Her war only kill the armies defending the city, all the residents are evacuating. To sum up, Jeanne's action is not questionable and deem just, the one who bring people to death is because Charioce brought forth the war himself.

Bro, don't Idolize Charioce just because he is doing it for the sake of humankind and start to be rational. " tired of this double standard in this fandom", saying this doesn't make you looked right and clever, you are just standing at the opposite of those who are against Charioce, not the middle ones who think Charioce's action is understandable but still wrong.
valvravetruthSep 15, 2017 4:01 PM
Sep 15, 2017 3:31 PM
May 2015
This is why I tell my friends that S1 had better story and better romance despite being 13 eps smh....
When a viewer doesn't give 2 shits about the protagonist, you know you did something wrong.
Sep 15, 2017 3:48 PM
Aug 2017
Wow this Latest episode of Rage of the Bahamut Virgin Soul was Pure Hype plus The Reveal yo ^_^ everything is clear now and it shows us why King Charioce are doing all this things and that is because he wants to completely wipe Bahamut into the face of this World even if he sacrifice human lives, their loved ones and even his own body just to kill that monster and everything starts when the Captain of the Onyx knights found the Book that Martinent has left behind and it contains everything , about the info of how to kill Bahamut and about the Heavens secret but for some reason. I feel like they are another victims of Martinet's scheme's just like what happened to Beelzebub cause Martinet can Manipulate anyone if he wants to. Now that Bahamut's free again to wreck havoc in the whole world, i wonder if Favaro may see Amira inside of that monster cause Amira is the Key of Sealing Bahamut and she's inside that monster so it may be possible that they Reunite. Overall a Fantastic episode and we are in on a Hype Finale of the series and almost all the Questions has been Answered. Will Charioce weapon succeed ? Or it is another one of Martinet scheme? So hype for the next episodes.
Sep 15, 2017 4:06 PM
Mar 2015
Fuck all that shit about the god, the demons and the humans We have the ultimate dragon to slay Its Doomsday
Sep 15, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
So Charioce did all those evil things just so he can revive Bahamut and kill it for revenge. Okay... It makes sense I guess. No one would agree to help him do it so he had to make everyone hate him to make the plan work. And it looks like it worked. I still don't like him though. The end doesn't justify the means.
Sep 15, 2017 4:39 PM

Feb 2017
valvravetruth said:
nelliecatalinas said:

Sorry bro, you aren't that rational yourself also. If you have stand in the middle, I would not have reply your comment. But you have take your stand on Charioce's side, then let me speak up a little.

Firstly I want to point out the Gods are not prideful, angels is. The Gods(season 1) gave human the power to defend against the demons for nothing in return except prayers & an entity to look up to. Even the angels are not prideful from the start, a good example is Michael who have great faith in humanity. The reason why Gabriel become prideful the way she is now was all because of the Bahamut incident(season 1) which killed many Gods & angels along with it and Charioce's incident which he using the god given power to strike back at the Gods temple(episode 1). Seriously even me would get agitated by all the events, definately Gabriel's personality was warped as she needs to lead the remaining angels. Secondly "demons are abusive", part right part wrong. Demons never start a war with human nor did they enslaves the humans to the extent like what Charioce did. So basically the demons are just like your average crooks in alley, doing bad things here & there, which is an obvious thing because they are demons duh. But the Gods did gave human the power to defend. In the end what happen? Both Gods & demons lost many due to Bahamut incident from working together to seal it for the sake of world.

Your comment support for Charioce is definately not wrong, but its not something to be encouraged. Charioce's action & choice for the sake of humankind and slaying Bahamut as end goal have too much price to pay and many karmas will come from it. Killing Angels and enslaving demons are definately not the only way for the sake of something, and along the way other casualties suffer from it. Regardless of angels & demons, life is still life. Charioce feeling guilty doesn't change the fact of him doing many evils, slaying Bahamut in the price of many doesn't make him any good, he is not a saint but a selfish king. What did his action brings? Seed of hatred and revenge all over the place which will cause something sooner or later just like in this episode. There should be plenty of ways to make humankind stronger, remaining angels maybe prideful but they never ask for anything physical and even continue to provide power after Bahamut incident. Charioce could have in a way ignore the the angels, and continue to use god's power to kill the demons. Charioce could have the choice to have table discussion with Gabriel & Lucifer in regards to Bahamut, but no, lets kill angels & enslave demons to slay Bahamut himself.

I believe you never watch this episode properly. Jeanne has already exlained it, whether Alessand killed her son or not, the war will one day happen and the seeds of hatred & revenge will explode. Alessand's d1ck move only speed up the process. As I have already said Charioce slaying Bahamut goal doesn't make him a saint of the world, Jeanne to you who opposed Charioce doesn't make her look bad also. You think all the human/demon/angel fighting along in this war is all because Jeanne's son was killed? Wrong. All of them fight because Charioce's selfish action affected them, Jeanne is only leading the armies. Just so you know if Charioce do evil for the sake of humankind then Jeanne also has the right to start war(which the fuse is lighting up at the back) for the sake of her son. El may have been killed by Alessand, but the cause and evil intention all comes from Charioce. Don't forget that Charioce has wanted to kill El from the start. Her war only kill the armies defending the city, all the residents are evacuating. To sum up, Jeanne's action is not questionable and deem just, the one who bring people to death is because Charioce brought forth the war himself.

Bro, don't Idolize Charioce just because he is doing it for the sake of humankind and start to be rational. " tired of this double standard in this fandom", saying this doesn't make you looked right and clever, you are just standing at the opposite of those who are against Charioce, not the middle ones who think Charioce's action is understandable but still wrong.

Sorry "bro" but if you point out to something so trivial as "I believe you never watch this episode properly", you are here the only one who is trying to look clever for someone who has a loli as an avatar. But oh well.

Talking about what it matters here: The only one reason why Gods gave humans the power was not for them to pray at them, but submit them, because the Gods and the angels were always the only ones with power enough to confront the demons, that is a sign a pride, to have someone who constantly to be devoting at you, that's a very basic thought. And Gabriel was always like that, since the first season, I do think that's obvious when you watch the first season, but oh well, I can't blame if you don't remember because she appeared not much, but even the rest of archangels, being Michael the only exception (as Sofiel in this season) never trusted or thought about humans, they were constantly saying that give humans such power was unnecesary. So I'm right, Gods and angels doesn't care about humans. And yes, demons are abusive, Azazel being the first one in the first season with such theme, or you already forgot that was him the one who killed just for fun Favaro's and Kaisar's dad? And that's not all, in the episode 10 of this season, one of them killed an innocent child in front of Jeanne and Kaisar. And it's supposed to be me the one who's forgetting details?

Human's dependency to Gods and fear to demons is what brought someone like Charioce to the scene, someone who is tired of it and for the first time, someone to rised humankind from being the last one to the top, and that's something you can easily see in the episode 1 of the first season. Of course, you can't pretend that something like that is not gonna bring some cruel actions and behaviors, but even knowing that he took the risk in order the their people to be free about. We are not talking about just 10 years, we are talking about humankind being ignored and killed by centuries, and that was something that Michael said in the episode 11 of the first season: "We forgot how to work together". But I can't forget how the Gods and the demons were dealing with humans all this time, I mean, you think they are gonna take the humans serious or their king? If they never did it before, why now? You are wrong, the races doesn't want to coexist, they want to be in the top, be powerful and better than any other race, what you are saying has no sense. Now, I know who is the one who doesn't understood anything about the first season and it's impossible for you to understand this one.

And who here have said Charioce is now a saint? Ironically, the one who said that was you, because I was pointing out to just one dimension of his character, but thanks to God he is better than just that. He is not saint, not a savior, but someone who tried to do something different and take a risk in order to make his people not depending on anyone, that was his vow in the episode 10 and he talked about his goals to Kaisar in the episode 5. And this turns really funny when I remember that Charioce gave Jeanne the choice of be free and keep her son away of this war, and what was the thing that Jeanne did? Choose the God that abandon her the previous season, Jeanne did that choice, Charioce gave her the election back in the episode 11, and now what she is doing? Bringing hurted people to start the war with zero winners because her son was killed, she is not doing this because of that people behind her, she said by HERSELF, that people behind her has suffered thanks to Bahamut 10 years ago, that was something that Gabriel and even Lucifer pointed out in previous episodes, many times, and now everyone is marching out to a annihilation. How heroic, right? Again, it's questionable.

I don't need to idealize someone or in this case, a fictional character to understand that what he wanted to do is to brake up the status quo that the Bahamut's world have. His plan itself has many things that I don't like, it's understandable and reckless, but at least he doesn't belong to that bag of beloved character of the fandom because he is victimized.
CatnelacSep 15, 2017 11:15 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.