I'm more of a manga reader. Not a native English speaker, obviously, so sorry for mistakes.
I've had two periods of interest in anime and manga (one 8-10 years ago, one currently), because of this I have trouble with listing and my lists are really untidy - sorry about that. If you want to find something in them or manga recommendations, just PM or comment, I will be happy to help and/or chat. Any feedback on my reviews is also welcome.
⚠ A warning about the manga list:
I am almost omnivorous. I prefer seinen, but I read all 4 main demographics and like to explore, so there's some yaoi listed (and other things that may not be to everyone's liking).
⚠ An apology in advance:
I try to maintain conversations to the best of my ability, but please, forgive me, if I suddenly drop off, it only means that I am severely depressed and/or overworked - i.e. I am internally dead and non-functional, not purposefully impolite to you.
< The character on the pic is Hiroshi Kano from "Freesia" by Jiro Matsumoto.
On my ratings:
I guess, I gotta take responsibility as an occasional reviewer, though I doubt anybody gives a damn. I don’t usually give any too.
I rate subjectively and based on MAL definitions.
I respect genre limits, so I don’t rate something that I disliked, if I am aware that I was not its target audience to begin with. Or at least I try, I am not always generous.
I add +1 if I think the work stands out in some aspect and notice that I remember and reference it for a long time, I penalize with -1 for poor development or for a very controversial aspect.
(10) Masterpiece. It’s like love – rare, a result of intoxication with hormones and even then probably doesn’t exist. You can't help but feel like that sometimes, but I agree it’s embarrassing.
(9) Great. A few truly spectacular works I remember fondly and try to advertise – 10-1, masterpieces with small flaws, or 8+1 – very good series with an exceptional aspect.
(8) Very good. My general rating for works that I would recommend to everyone, unless said person has a very specific life-threatening allergy.
(7) Good. Very decent series that I would recommend if a suitable occasion pops up, but I can accept that it won't work the same for everyone.
(6) Fine. You may end up liking this, but it’s better to understand from the start what this is and why you need it. It either has that one thing that can kill it for many (7-1), or it has that one thing that can make it fun (5+1).
(5) Average. A mediocrity, content with chewing genre tropes, or a thing so flawed that the good is evenly matched by the bad. Series that left me apathetic or in doubt if it was worth it.
(4) Bad. Something that quickly flopped, killing all its potential, or a title that I couldn’t stand.
(3) Very Bad. Something that seriously got to me, basically an insult.
(2) Horrible, (1) Appaling. Haven’t used these, cause I don’t read/watch complete trash, and these ratings seem too edgy. I hope I won’t have to use them in the future.
tl/dr: 6 is still readable. And, btw, dropped doesn't necessary mean bad or hated.