Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode and the ending of an overall good series, it was a bit confusing but it did tie the lose endings. I was expecting to see some Char the whole time, which I didn't for my disappointment =/
Aug 4, 2010 1:38 AM

Aug 2009
A truly epic episode, I must say. My only true disappointment is that I never got to see Gato and Uraki in an epic MS battle where one finished the other or they both finished each other. I just had to settle with commander Gato doing kamekaze run towards the siege fleet. I'm also a bit pissed off with Nina 'cos she was just there to interfere in two men's fight. Otherwise, they might've gone out and battled all out in their suits. :(
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Aug 7, 2010 6:13 PM

Sep 2009
Kind of...I don't even know how to express my disapointment.

I was kind of hoping everyone would get Zeta'D.
That didn't happen.
Nothing really happened.
Aug 2, 2011 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
Argh, the idiocy that love-triangle bullshit generated...

And why the hell did they change their target from Jaburo to NA? Was there something in that base that was more worth destroying instead of the EFF's home base? According to a random source on the internet, their target was "specifically central North America where a majority of the Federation's food is produced." I certainly don't remember this being mentioned in the OVA and it's really funny to see that apparently it didn't affect the EFF at all (did the Solar System's second attack help at all or what?).

And a happy ending. Yay. -_-
Oct 22, 2011 6:33 PM

Jul 2009
Woah Nina what a BITCH, I can't believe you did that to Kou. And I'm supposing that he still accepts you in the end? All of my rage. Why would you DO THAT?

Either way, great series overall.
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Nov 26, 2011 2:55 PM

Dec 2010
Yukushi said:
Woah Nina what a BITCH, I can't believe you did that to Kou. And I'm supposing that he still accepts you in the end? All of my rage. Why would you DO THAT?

Exactly what i was thinking when it ended too -_-

Kou should have just taken out some federation ships and kamikaze'd like Gato
Nov 27, 2011 1:16 PM

Jun 2008
PhantomEX said:
Yukushi said:

Exactly what i was thinking when it ended too -_-

Kou should have just taken out some federation ships and kamikaze'd like Gato

Didn't he shoot against them? It seems to me like he shot against the Federation ships close to that solar thing. That why he got the prison wasn't it?

BTw i agree about the Nina thing. I would have bitch slapped her if she appeared in frond me again after what she did. Personally i wouldn't want to be with her anymore since i would feel like leftovers since it seems the first choice was another and she would even shoot me for his sake. But if he can't live without her he should at least giver a strong bitch slap before the hugs of the happy reunion because she deserves it for pulling a gun on him.

ForsakenArcher said:
A truly epic episode, I must say. My only true disappointment is that I never got to see Gato and Uraki in an epic MS battle where one finished the other or they both finished each other. I just had to settle with commander Gato doing kamekaze run towards the siege fleet. I'm also a bit pissed off with Nina 'cos she was just there to interfere in two men's fight. Otherwise, they might've gone out and battled all out in their suits. :(

Actually i think it's better that Gato went that way. In the end the real evil guy of this series wasn't him but those Titan conspirators federation guys.
Anyway we've seen the end you are asking in too many Gundam series. This was something different and Gato went epically anyway. His kamikaze staff was awesome So i think it's nice that we escaping a more clishe ending.

Overall nice series. It could have been a little better if it was slightly less confusing but in the end all made sense and it was ok.
Apr 17, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
This series was hit and miss, but man, I loved this ending. You know, aside from all the Nina bullshit. Loved how this actually turned out to be the Titan's excuse for forming.
May 26, 2012 8:49 AM
Nov 2010
Wow...I don't know :/

There are so many things I don't fully understand. Like, what was that stardust plan in the end? why not hit Jaburo? is the food base thing true? would that even make sense?
And Nina, what the hell is wrong with her? That love triangle was so forced and ridiculous. If Kou forgives her...Then he should have died for stupid.
It was interesting too see how TITANS were formed though, and Gato's Kamikaze end was great.

6/10.
Jul 25, 2012 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
And I wondered why Nina only had 1 fav in MAL until I saw the last episode.
http://myanimelist.net/character/6120/Nina_Purpleton
More than that character deserves.
Jan 16, 2013 9:34 AM

Jun 2012
Nina is a dumb bitch, hands down. I hope Kou brightslap her a lot, like someone said already.

The ending was nice and we managed to know how the Titans were formed. That was the best point of the show, because I didn't care for the characters (except the ones that came up with the conspiracy and the Zeon villains).
Mar 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2010
That pirate lady got OBLITERATED! Well that was anti-climatic. The ending doesnt sit right with me. 6/10
Jul 19, 2013 3:39 AM

Mar 2012
Someone REALLY needs to Bright slap the crap out of Nina for what she did. The fact that Kou still likes her after that is mind boggling. Was a good series until around episode 6, got pretty disappointing after that. 6/10.
Jan 20, 2014 12:39 AM

Nov 2012
Wyvern-Ventrue said:
Wow...I don't know :/

There are so many things I don't fully understand. Like, what was that stardust plan in the end? why not hit Jaburo? is the food base thing true? would that even make sense?
And Nina, what the hell is wrong with her? That love triangle was so forced and ridiculous. If Kou forgives her...Then he should have died for stupid.
It was interesting too see how TITANS were formed though, and Gato's Kamikaze end was great.

6/10.
To expose the corruption of E.F.F. which Delaz succeeded in.

I have mixed feelings of this, I think the series would've been better without Nina at all, heck it would've been amazingly better without her.
The whole her loving Gato really broke his character and ruined Gato, though I still think Gato is a great character.
RX-782Jan 20, 2014 6:53 PM
Feb 14, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
xAvengerx said:
Someone REALLY needs to Bright slap the crap out of Nina for what she did. The fact that Kou still likes her after that is mind boggling. Was a good series until around episode 6, got pretty disappointing after that. 6/10.

Not Bright slap, we need something more powerful than that. Sleggar backhand slap comes to mind. She definitely not deserves Gato.

6/10
Mar 29, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2013
Well, the love triangle pretty much ruined this OVA. It started great, but at some point I just stopped caring about any of the characters, and just wanted this to be over.

I did appeciate it's incredible animation and music though.

5/10
Apr 20, 2014 6:59 PM

May 2008
What a terrible ending to a crappy show. Uraki should turn his back onto Nina, she deserves nothing. I was so hoping for Nina and Uraki to get killed off and for not doing that, I think this show is worse than Zeta. At least Zeta killed off most of the annoying characters.

And was that supposed to be the colony at the end?

Overall, I cared nothing for the characters, the plot is better in summary form, the music was meh to awful and they had a chance for another epic battle but wasted it. I get it was trying to show how the Titans was able to form, which I liked, but it's shoddily written. It's like the writer wanted to focus on too many subplots without realizing they can't do that with something that's 13 episodes long. The only good thing was animation.
Apr 20, 2014 7:10 PM

Mar 2008
Sakarii said:
I get it was trying to show how the Titans was able to form, which I liked, but it's shoddily written. It's like the writer wanted to focus on too many subplots without realizing they can't do that with something that's 13 episodes long. The only good thing was animation.

Hearsay puts the blame with the director change halfway through the show's production.
Apr 20, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2008
Ckan said:
Hearsay puts the blame with the director change halfway through the show's production.

I wish I could say the same, but looking at the episodes they had I do think it was more than that. Unless the first director knew he was about to be taken off the project and decided to make a few terrible episodes for the next guy to deal with.
May 22, 2014 9:25 PM

Sep 2011
Terrible ending and awful final episode. the love triangle was contrived, forced and was used to slow the plot rather than further it nor its characters. Nina is an awful character and i hate that she just got a freebee on all her dumbass actions she took this episode.

The series as a whole was a huge waste of potential, i really liked the first 3 episodes and generally enjoyed the first 6, but it quickly fell victim to sloppy execution and some of the worst characterization in the entire gundam UC. Its a shame to see it turn out the way it did but i simply was annoyed more than entertained
4/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 14, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2010
The series was good overall. I gave the series an 8 because I had fun watching it. The ending seemed a bit to mediocre. Like everyone, I'm upset about the bitch move Nina pulled on Kou. Then again, again Kou always did get on my nerves but whatever the case no man deserved that.

The end with the titans seemed cool and I have a feeling Monsha is going to fit in real good. The others seemed too happy too bad they don't realize what they got into.

After this, I can see why Nina wasn't involved in anymore Gundam projects. Safe to say her paws weren't anywhere near the Nu, Unicorn or Sinanju
Nov 9, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
Where's the idea coming from that Kou accepted Nina in the end? If I remember correctly, the end showed Nina smiling at him and his reaction was merely a surprised look? I thought it left what became of their relationship ambiguous and that's pretty much what saved the ending for me.
Dec 1, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
Yukushi said:

Pretty much sums up my feelings, what a bitch. 8/10.

P.S the ost is so damn good.
Mar 20, 2015 1:29 PM

Sep 2010
KenShiRo-Sama said:

I was wondering why Katejina and Nina were universally hated across the Gundam fanbase until I completed both these series now I see why. -___- She has zero fan favorites I guess once a character is favorited and they are removed from the users character list sometimes the like stays?

Overall good series except for the whole Nina getting in the way of Kou and Gato's final fight.

7/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 27, 2015 4:42 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an unexpected ending!

Lots of mixed feelings but i'll give my thoughts on this one.

First off, as i said in previous episode. This series should have been a full Gundam TV series(45+ episodes) instead of OVAs as well as taking place after ZZ and before Char's Counterattack instead of before Zeta.

Tbh the fights were getting good with Kou and Gato from previous episodes, but here they didn't even kill each other.

Yeah Nina doing that to Kou was a bitch move, but i think if they showed Nina showing signs or hint of love to Gato as well revealing her relationship with him early on, it would have made this scene much better.

Sure it's pretty much cockblock, but at least they had the guts to show something like this.

The disappointing part is the battles between Kou and Gato. I mean they have good start, but they never end it with a high note. It's always interruptions left and right. And Gato just died like that!?!?! No way in hell he would die that way.

Well at least it kinda reminded me of what happens in Char's Counterattack.

At least this show explained how Titans were formed. Though i don't really remember Kou's crew as Titans in Zeta tbh. I never Simon and others. Would be nice if they actually planned them to be there in the first place.

And wtf Bask Oum played a significant role in the last minute, yet in Zeta he was just as useless as the Zabi family.

Cima died too easily. Man Gundam really need to step it up when it comes to making better enemies. Paptimus, Haman, Char seems to be the only ones putting up a fight.

I've read the wiki and it seems two directors did one half and the show

Mitsuko Kase (1–7) and Takashi Imanishi (8–13).

That's why it kinda felt the pacing was different towards the end. Of course this doesn't help that it's only scheduled to be 13 OVA episodes which they had to cut things out.

At the end it seems Kou was clear of charges and now reside as a normal earth federation soldier which i'm surprised after all the backstabbing they did.

I just hope Kou reconciles with Nina which the wikia says so. Maybe they'll come back as lovers after a few years, but who knows really.

It's still one of my favorite entries of the UC Era. Zeta and Char's Counterattack are my favorites(despite Char's wtf plot), followed by ZZ and Gundam 083 Stardust. 073 is good, but it wasn't as special compared to Zeta(at least it introduced Char as we know).

I give this show an 8/10. Would have been 9/10 if it was full TV series(45+ episodes), more development with Nina and Gato's relationship as well as better fights and end it on high note this time around.

Gato has become one of my favorite characters ever. Definitely in league with Char and Zechs ^^

Kou is okay, at least he didn't bitch that much compared to Amuro and Kamille. Judau was tolerable as well.

Oh well that's done. Time to move on to 08th MS :)

After this, Unicorn is next week!!

Can't wait to finally finish all of the UC Animated works. I'll watch Origin once all BD's are out(Next year)
May 27, 2015 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Oh i forgot this actually has a summary movie(just like 079 and Zeta Trilogy).

I saw some scenes and its on BD!!! Guess i'll watch it again in a few years in case i want to refresh my memory ^^
Jun 26, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2008
KenShiRo-Sama said:

Three years later, still only one person has her in favorites.

And wow, the NTR was real. But I guess it makes sense.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 4, 2015 5:36 AM

Jun 2012
Very good show shitty last 2 mins or so. I wouldve preferred if nina had died in the solar ray. Hell I wouldve preferred if gato and kou died by it as well, but they didnt so lol imma just imagine kou bitch slapped nina after that smile she gave him and moved on with his life.

And unit 3 looks pretty badass once it takes off that booster. I wish we couldve seen kou use it without the booster.
Aug 18, 2015 1:42 PM
May 2013
Kou ain't Bright , he is just a virgin ,he wouldn't dare to hit her .

I wished more mcs died at the end too :(

ZetaZaku said:
And wow, the NTR was real. But I guess it makes sense.

Nina x Gato was 1st, so Gato got NTRed 1st ,Kou getting NTRed is feels like justice's been done .

Gato badass to the end -_-. Sieg Zeon!
Oct 24, 2015 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
Nina and Kou are awful characters.

The best part of the show were the opening and ending songs.
Nov 23, 2015 12:28 AM

Mar 2012
Nina was a completely pointless character, and this had to be one of the shittiest endings to a Gundam series I have seen so far, it's retarded that Nina's character served to undermine the actual story tie in to Zeta...could have been so much better without the terribly hashed love triangle.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 24, 2016 5:52 PM

Nov 2012
I gave this series a 6/10 overall.. None of the characters were that great especially Nina and Kou were annoying to me. I found Kou as the main character to be one of the most bland and boring gundam protagonists I've watched yet. The love triangle stuff near the end felt really forced and didn't like it at all. The story was okay, it was cool to see how how the Titans developed and see some of the corruption on both sides, but other than that the story wasn't all that enticing to me.

The only thing that stops me from giving it a flat 5 is I really enjoyed the art, animation, and the fight scenes. Also the first opening and ending songs were really good.
Mar 8, 2016 6:49 PM

Feb 2013
Compare with Gundam Seed Destiny ep50...

It went about as expected, though I'm disappointed I didn't get to see colony-drop-destruction. There was a lot of screaming in this episode.

5/10 overall. Above average action and animation quality. Below average storytelling and most characters. Better than original Gundam, Zeta, and DoubleZeta. The pacing was good for the amount of content, but due to substandard storytelling it seemed rushed.
Apr 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
So the operation target was to destroy the North America's granary ? After Australia's and NA's lost, people will starve o_o I can see the strategic point there, but what about the colonies? Do they even produce enough food for their spacenoids?

The hero's amelioration was interesting until he got obsessive about Gato (when Delaz was still the one in command). Then he just slaughtered people who have been officially presented as allies (the Cima fleet).
The last scenes of Gato were great, too bad I never cared about the character. The fact he "saved" Nina was still a good way to balance his crazy fanaticism. But right after this good deed, he sent his men to the death. (Dozle was a better leader)
What's wrong with Nina trying to save the life of a man she cares about? They were onced lovers, is it a rule to hate anyone you had somewhere in your life ? (sounds like a teenager reaction, that would have make her look even more childish than before) The situation never felt like a love triangle for me: this type of relations requires someone's unrequited or reciprocate love for someone else with a third wheel loving one of the two others (unrequited love).

When Nina ran away with Gato, was there no way to change the trajectory again?

4/5

OVERALL:
Sublime drawings, nice action scenes, 80s/90s style (music...)... Entertaining story about the fall into a "Terror" regime, and the overall attitude of the power in place (something I already liked in the 0079 manga). The format should have been better taken into consideration. The love story was correct and better build than in other Gundam.
OLD Might receive a +/- 1 bonus if it feels useful or useless after I see Zeta. (I sadly doubt I will see the economic effect or any impact of the Stardust Operation for example, if it is a posterior idea)

Score: 5.5/10 I give this score considering it was not done as a stand-alone.

edit: scored it down to 6 during/after Zeta and forgot to modify this post. Bonus because you can't deny the successful focus on the technical aspects (it being obviously the main concern, and the Zeta link certainly an excuse).

@Sapewloth Now that you put it that way, based on the other names of this series, I wonder if you are on something. Everything makes sense! ^^
PS: you might want to give a chance to Venus Wars, the "better 0083". A movie with no pretentiousness other than to look good and be entertaining, directed, drawn and imagined by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu. (it might be something you'll hate based on others reactions to it, but for me it's an 80s sci-fi "high" animation in all its glory)
Rei_IIIFeb 26, 2020 8:31 AM
Jun 12, 2016 9:54 PM

Apr 2014
The whole two-directors bullshit makes SOOOOO much sense. The first half of the series felt very light hearted and enjoyable and the second half, in contrast, was extremely grim, even more so than Zeta.

The OVA made some sense at the end, but it overall was unbelievably boring and confusing. I liked the characters and their interactions, they were very entertaining at the start, however the second half basically forgot most of them existed and focused on the politics and battles, which I felt weren't the writer's strong suit.

ALSO WHY THE HELL DID HAMAN APPEAR FOR ONLY FIVE SECONDS? I HEARD SHE MADE AN APPEARANCE AND GOT HYPED FOR NOTHING! (don't even get me started on the Char situation)

0/10 not enough Haman.
Jun 13, 2016 1:02 PM

Dec 2015
@drokstar Basically, she appears to fill in the obligations of the series who was done as a link between 0079 and Zeta. Instead of introducing us the Axis in Zeta out of nowhere, it shows us that they are already building their forces in 0083 and their will to spare their forces rather than participating in a stupid and doomed riot (with Delaz).
The way it is done leads me to think they totally forgot the OAVs goal and tried to patch things up toward the end.
Rei_IIIJul 29, 2016 10:26 AM
Jul 26, 2016 8:36 PM

May 2012
I did expect a bit more of a bigger bang ending to be honest for this end! But well I did like the overall anime to be honest as it had some great story and character development!

All in all a great marathon watch, let's see what the next series in this franchise has to offer!
Aug 6, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2011
WTF is wrong with Nina? There was no need to have the Nina-Gato love connection. If anything, the romantic past soured the rest of the remaining episodes. I would have enjoyed the romance between Nina and Kou much more if they didn't just throw in this random bomb shell. Too bad... the series would have been much more enjoyable.
"It is the emptiness that make the stars bright."

"If you've known pain and hardship, it is easier to be kind to others."
Nov 12, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Really an ending that deserves to be praised in all its praises, there is everything, love and hate, ideals and disappointments. Naughty, interests and desire for revenge, but also lies and more. Now, with this final, I can well understand what is at the basis of what is a result of this anime series. Go to speed with Gundam Z.

8/10
Mar 14, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
That was pretty ehhhh overall

Nina really hurt the show for me and it would've been better off without her. The love-triangle was unecessary and poorly written, and her going from one man to another like that just didn't sit right with me. She was ready to kill Kou for Gateau's sake and now that he's dead she just runs back to the one who's alive? Yeah, right. Other than that the main cast was one of the most uninteresting I've had the displeasure of watching since the beginning of my UC marathon, and there was simply too much shit going on that was either nonsensical or at the very least confusing, and I wouldn't put it on the director change either because signs of it started to show as soon as in episode 5.
Like Sakarii said, it's like the writers wanted to cram too many subplots into one single OVA series without taking its limited length and format into account. However I did appreciate how it showed us the way the Titans came to be, even if the creation process itself could've used a lot more focus and fleshing out.

I can't lie about that though, everything outside of the script was on point. That was one beautiful ass Sunrise 90's OVA (even learned that Shinichiro Watanabe worked on several episodes as episode director and storyboarder).

I'd say 5/10 is a fair score for this show. Could've been much better, but it could've been worse too.

@Rei366 thanks for the suggestion! I'll try watching it

EDIT: scratch that, it's a 4 after all. I mean, it could've been worse, but it was still bad.
SapewlothMar 17, 2017 1:56 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Mar 15, 2017 3:55 AM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade For the people annoyed by some elements of this series (and those who want more of it), there is 0083: Rebellion, a paper remake of the OAVs. Supposedly more connected to the bigger saga, and with several "fixes" and new turns (from what I heard). Currently published, and translated by Zeonic-Republic (up to the Gato/Nina intrigue):
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=2976
It must be a trend started by The Origin, seeing that even Zeta got its own.

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=2976

@Sapewloth Sorry about this second ring.
Rei_IIIJun 27, 2020 11:43 AM
May 25, 2017 3:00 AM

May 2010
Nice anime but i'm getting tired of these love stories in the oav of gundam.. there is not enough episodes to develop the characters...

I'll give it 7/10 but not too far from 6
Aug 30, 2018 7:09 AM

Mar 2016
Pretty solid, but not without hiccups. When I heard about NTR and other shit before watching I was expecting the worst, and it's not like I'm happy with how Nina acted, or that it seems like Kou will probably forgive her, but it wasn't as half as bad as I was expecting. Aesthetically this OVA is incredible. I liked Kou as a protagonist, very different from other Gundam protagonists, very sympathetic and human. Very interesting to see how the Titans came about, and that Axis was making moves early on as well, though there wasn't as much as that as there could have been, it was almost as if that was an afterthought.

Oh, and the love triangle was obviously not forced at the end, it was pretty apparent when it was made known that Nina knew who Kelley was early on.
syncrogazerAug 30, 2018 7:24 AM
Jan 18, 2019 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
Nina was okay until this love triangle thing, the author tried too hard making her a main character..

The ending with no protagonist died in the last battle is good for Gundam sometimes.. Beside, Titan is born in the last episode, we don't need another depressing thing ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 6, 2019 6:21 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I still don’t get why people hate Nina. Maybe its because I have a high tolerance to widely hated characters (except for a few). So can someone explain the Nina hate?
Sep 12, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
this was good but the only bad thing about this series is Nina

like wtf i knew she was gonna pull some bs and there it was and then in the end it seems like everything was all good

fuck that, like if i was Kou i would have nothing to do with her as she already chose who she wanted she was even gonna kill Kou for Gato and the funniest thing is all nina was to Gato was something to waste time LOL but even still she wanted him so bad what a stupid bitch....

honestly i wish we could have seen Kou just leave her for good but yeah

besides all that this series was nice though the only thing i wish it had was more eps as i feel it could have used it for a lot of the story ect that they had to rush but it is what it is

good gundam series just fuck Nina

overall the ending would have been a lot better if Nina had also died along with Gato

but anyway....

on to ZETA
DazeFireSep 15, 2019 4:38 AM
"one step at a time"
May 10, 2020 2:06 PM

May 2015
Why do only annoying characters get to have a happy ending?

Nina is something else... like, wtf. I felt terrible for Uraki even though I don't much like him as a character.

The whole romance was really out of place. And I feel like Garo was the only interesting character all along, but it would be better still if he didn't have any connection to Nina.
May 23, 2020 8:29 AM
Jul 2017
Nina is the most annoying, dumbest and useless female in Gundam History!!
Jun 25, 2020 10:59 AM

Aug 2017
Whoa that's a lot of stuff happening out there

I’ve always wondered why not just shoot all the mirrors from far distance instead of targeting the control ship. Wouldn’t that be pretty easy with something like rockets that can deal with a lot of mirrors at once?

How did the MS with Nina managed to get to the Axis fleet yet the others didn’t?

Also I’ve probably witnessed one of the most ridiculous forced dramas ever. It felt really strange to me...I neither loved it nor hated it, I'm so conflicted. Overall this OVA could've flashed out its characters a lot better (including the secondary ones!), and be an actual prequel instead of throwing Haman (^_^) on screen for several seconds. The development of Titans was ok but again could've been better foreshadowed. We see some corruption and power here and there, and then it's just "welp we're the Titans now we are the rulers here". How exactly did it happen? Was there no opposition in the government and among ordinary people? Like protests against militarism?
Also, making the 2 main rivals scream into each other A LOT does not make a good fight actually. And honestly the whole chance encounter of our main trio on the colony was kinda forced, they just "happened" to travel there on the same time, to the same control room.
Plus I don't see how the colony drop affected the world at all. At the start of the OYW, the colony broke into 3 parts and the destruction was HUGE, a lot of cities were destroyed, people died, and what we've got here? Some damaged FIELDS? What? It looked like Stardust was successful but with no effects on the Feds whatsoever.
I gotta appreciate Gato's death though. It was the only appropriate way for a Zeonist fanatic with nothing but sacred war in his mind.

Actually, screw what I wrote about Stardust, making such a seemingly successful operation have little apparent material effect (as opposed to political effect) is good for making Gato a more "tragic character". Now we have a fanatic who fought for his ideals to the last breath and even seemed to succeed...but no.

Nina's eyes looked really strange during the last scene, she turned into a shojo character for a moment.
I'm torn between giving it a 6 or a 7. Obviously the animation and music were superb, the OP (especially the 2nd) was awesome, mechas looked crazy good, especially inside with all the control panels, etc. It could've been better, but it also could've been worse. I don't know. I did enjoy the show but experienced cringe from time to time when watching the characters do dumb stuff.

Anyway, heading for ZZ now. I'm prepared.

P.S. You know what, Delaz actually looks like an undead man from a zombie movie. I don't know why I posted this but whatever.
P.P.S. From Cima's page on gundam wiki:

Cima is remembered by Japanese fans for one of her lines in the anime: "ほら言わんこちゃない!" ("hora, iwankochanai!", Kansai Japanese of "I told you so!") As a result, it became commonly used even in standard spoken Japanese. The influence is still felt to a certain degree years later, as it is often heard from non-Kansai-based characters in various types of media.

According to the animation on One Week War in Gihren's Greed: War for Zeon Independence, she was the pilot of the Zaku I that gassed Shiro Amada's home colony in Side 2. This was later referenced in SD Gundam G Generation DS, in a special battle encounter between Cima and Shiro.

Convenient explanation for Nina:

Strangely, even though Anavel Gato was Nina's former lover, she did not recognize him when he hijacked Gundam GP02A. Though most people attribute this to the director change halfway through the series, the Gundam 0083 novelization explains this by having Gato wear a helmet during the Gundamjack.

Kou

Kou Uraki's dislike for carrots is a nod to his Japanese voice actor Ryo Horikawa, who also dislikes carrots.
St0rmbladeJun 25, 2020 12:29 PM
Oct 29, 2020 11:12 PM
Mar 2014
series would have been great if not for that fucking whore skank used goods nina purpleton.
no idea why they had to throw in the bullshit love triangle. sick ass animation and music tho
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 5 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 29, 2009

33 by Yes_that »»
Apr 4, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 29, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 21, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 6 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 24, 2008

42 by currycurry1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Veethorn - Jan 3, 2010

27 by HadToDoIt »»
Oct 24, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 2 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 24, 2009

23 by HadToDoIt »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.