3It was OK
4.7%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.7
664 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, been waiting for this for awhile. One of my most anticipated series this season.

The new OP song is alright, I personally prefer the previous one though. I liked the start so far with the girls demonstrating their talent by what they've learned since joining the class.

Loved the Reina and Kumiko chemistry already in this.
The new guy Masahiro seems kinda fun to hang around with, more relaxed than Taki. Nice pink shirt

Looks like Reina actually wanted to go with Kumiko to the night festival. Animation is still great as always and I really like their yutaka outfits
Oct 5, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
And the yuri baiting continues...
Oct 5, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
dang...didn't know this would be an hour long
Oct 5, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
Whew. An hour episode is superb LOL The girls are finally back! The Kumiko x Reina ship will continue to sail LOL
Kitan~!
Oct 5, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
Hongu said:

We can dream, cant we?
Oct 5, 2016 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
Damn that was beautiful, it's nice to watch this kind of thing
I like how they made the firework part, it gave me some goosebumps (tho I don't know if it was that or the cold outside)

I can't wait for next week !!
Oct 5, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
1 episode and already my favourite anime this season ^^ KyoAni is powah~

PS: for everyone who still believes this is yuri please go read the novels, thank you :)

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Oct 5, 2016 11:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Beautiful once again, KyoAni does not disappoint.

Kumiko x Reina in full steam.

The drama of the second years begins to come up more now.
Oct 5, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Welcome back Hibike! I'm so happy QWQ

Can't wait to know more about Mizore, even though at this point I'm fond of the whole band, so I'm eager to find out more about everyone. But above all, Yuuko getting her revenge after being disliked by so many fans. Kumiko trying hard to answer Mizore's question about being close to Yuuko was the best btw Her facial expressions are always so funny.

And there were so many adorable scenes, my heart can't keep up, especially with Kumiko teasing Reina, I might forget how to breathe. And Natsuki in the OP, too aw The OP shows so many interesting things

Monaka's performance was nice, I bet they worked hard, and it's good to see they're being so supportive!

Go for the nationals!
DoubledogOct 5, 2016 11:40 AM
Oct 5, 2016 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Welcome back KyoAni. Time for multiple eyegasms.
And yeah, double-time episode.
Btw, that MS Paint-like red font in OP, WTF is this? O.O
Great ED song btw.
rsc-plOct 5, 2016 12:27 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 5, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2015
Wow, I totally forgot this was going to be an hour long special. Great art as always, would've liked the actual playing of music to be longer though. And that hand holding and face-to-face closeness from Kumiko and Reina, what a beautiful ...friendship.
Oct 5, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
The first thing I thought when the episode started was "Kore wa Ai no Kokuhaku" XD
Anyways great start to the season, Loved the episode.

I am so glad we got all that Reina screentime <3 , She was just way too adorable this episode. <3 Also nice to see that she's slowly becoming part of the first year gang.

The new instructor seems like a pretty cool guy.
The 2nd year incident seems to picking up now, Wonder what the outcome is gonna be. It was funny when the trio squashed up against that window to hide from Asuka.

I love the Yuri bait in this show. XD Reina x Kumiko FTW XD Love the way they tease each other as well.
Reina looks magnificent in that Yukata, Could stare all day. :3

I loved the conversation towards the end between Reina and Kumiko while watching the fireworks, I'm in support of Reina's ideology and agree with her thought line, If you don't like something beat it down. That along with the fireworks and those adorable smiling faces made that whole last segment really enchanting.

As always beautiful art and animation, Keep it up for the remainder of the season. :D
Lelouch0202Oct 5, 2016 11:51 AM
Oct 5, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the waiting has a end (too much after my taste!!!) finally!!! All my beloved charas are back, and they remained so how we all liking they...!!!

If every ep. a hour be could, this would be awesome!
Oct 5, 2016 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Aaand the classic kyoani bait continues.

And someone needs to update this http://m.imgur.com/0fRxM4l?r
Oct 5, 2016 12:20 PM

Mar 2013
Edit: I've this mention...

Oct 5, 2016 12:22 PM

Sep 2014
I was a bit worried that this season wouldn't be as good as the first, that it would feel like a retread of past material or that the direction would take a step down considering director Yamada's work on A Silent Voice. The first episode however, blew all my concerns away.

The pacing is as natural as ever, moving swiftly through the beautiful moments of triumph, showing the club members' optimism and excitement towards taking the next step, and introducing new characters and drama. Both Nozomi and Mizore are immediately well-characterized and relatable, I'm really looking forward for their stories.

Kumiko and Reina appear to be more grown-up in this episode compared to how they started last season. Most notably in that final, absolutely terrific dream-like final sequence, where Kumiko comes to appreciate the beautiful moments of the present.

Ofcourse it all wouldn't be the same without perfect character animation and shot framing, almost every moment in this show would be a standout in any other. It is truly a wonder.

It feels so good to have Sound! Euphonium back!
Oct 5, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
The animation quality and art continue to be great. The hour long episode came as a nice surprise.

Gimme more yuri

Oct 5, 2016 12:29 PM

May 2012
I'm fine with the bait, a guy can still dream. Either way, I love Kumiko and Reina's friendship and how it's been progressing.

So I guess those new characters announced earlier were previous club members. Hopefully we'll finally find out what happened the previous year and resolve all the drama this season, or some of it at least.

Gotta say, I really, really liked that ending, surprisingly.

Oct 5, 2016 12:33 PM

Dec 2014
My precious......

A great introductory episode. Looks like it'll all be about the band's journey to nationals this season.
Oct 5, 2016 12:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This series looks as pretty as ever. It will surely be a success. I just hope shippers get it through their heads that this series will very probably not have a romantic resolution of any sort. It's all about the music tournaments, friendship and "making memories" for the future.

Once more Alexander Borodin's "Polovetsian Dances" is played in an anime. I cannot think of another classical music piece that's played as much in anime as that one (Noir, Kare Kano, Rahxephon, Blood Blockade Battlefront etc) . I wonder if it's a Japan wide thing or just the influence of Hideaki Anno.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 5, 2016 12:35 PM
Nov 2015
Ah, this is instantly of my favorites from the season <3 I'm so glad we got an hour special.
Oct 5, 2016 12:37 PM
May 2015
-Kyaa! My heart skipped 5 beats when I saw Kumiko and Reina hold hands. Plus, this episode was full of Kumiko x Reina "teasing" each other moments. KyoAni, keep up with the yuri bait representation of two great friends.

-That new instructor guy is also a percussionist? I love him already because I'm also a percussionist myself and the guy's hilarious xD

-When Mizore got introduced, not only did she look like Yuki Nagato (without the glasses and with long hair) but she also gave a Yuki Nagato vibe xD

-First OP is still better but the 2nd OP sounds really good.

-I already knew the first episode was going to be 1 hour but my god, this whole episode felt like 10 minutes. The moment Kumiko said "And the next piece begins", I was like "That's it? That was an hour already?!".

5/5 Give me more yuri KyoAni.
jc9622Oct 5, 2016 2:01 PM

Oct 5, 2016 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
This was one long episode.

Great start!
Oct 5, 2016 12:38 PM

Jun 2008
Hongu said:
*groaning in pain* Stop the damn shipping. Why?? Why?? Why?? *sobbing uncontrollably*
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 5, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
sbyrstall said:
Hongu said:
*groaning in pain* Stop the damn shipping. Why?? Why?? Why?? *sobbing uncontrollably*

The show itself does the shipping! Whether or not Trumpet and Eupho are canon the show sure like to tease it that way! The invite to the fireworks, the.scairing off the 'weak willed guy', the hand holding and the gazing at eachother and hand squeezing ....
Oct 5, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
KyoAni, so pretty, the story seems more realistic. Such a solid start to Hibike2.
Oct 5, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
scruffykiwi said:
sbyrstall said:

The show itself does the shipping! Whether or not Trumpet and Eupho are canon the show sure like to tease it that way! The invite to the fireworks, the.scairing off the 'weak willed guy', the hand holding and the gazing at eachother and hand squeezing ....
Nobody's translated the manga so you're guess is as good as mine.

Oct 5, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2012
I saw that it was on 6th so was pleasantly surprised it's today and even more that it was double-length. And as beatiful as always. The whole fireworks part was just amazing, holding the hands at the end. Poor Tsukamoto got shot down so badly =/
Kumiko teasing Reina so many times, poor Reina, and the moment between Reina and Yuuko-senpai, poor Kumiko :)
The OP was not as good as previous one, just okay, but like the ED a lot!
Anyway finally it happened and it was a great start, Kitauji Fighto!
Oct 5, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
Glad I just finished first season, just for the start of second! ReinaXKumiko go go go
Oct 5, 2016 1:04 PM

Nov 2011
A missing part of my life has come back to me.
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 5, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2016
One hour long was a nice surprise when watching it. I didn't even realise until about halfway through! Like the OP but it felt slightly too similar to the original for my liking. That's not to say it isn't good, still feel it's superb. Animation is amazing just like last season and I'm pretty hopeful that this'll stay with the same quality or even surpass it. Liking the new additions to the cast, they seem to have great personalities and I'm really intrigued to see what comes out of their stories. Don't mind the romance hints already. ;)

Overall, really liked this episode, with many factors hitting the top. Really looking forward to the rest of this series, especially since it's been pretty much my hot most-anticipated anime of the Fall Season.
Forever wishing for an unrealistic Anime romance.
Oct 5, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
The Yuri greatness was <3
I love Kumiko so much and her and Reina's interactions are just the best

Loved the running scene animation in the ED
Oct 5, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2015
Never knew I missed so much that show until I saw the episode... I had a stupid grin plastered on my face the all time

Anyway, that was a great start ! Story seems promising, I'm glad they will make more character development for the side characters.
Loved the chemistry between Kumiko and Reina, that last scene was beautifull indeed... Make them canon already !

I'm definitely hyped !
Oct 5, 2016 1:21 PM
Oct 2016
Liked 1st episode quite a lot, and now i have big question:

Does anyone know the song which was played from ~~25 min?
Oct 5, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
sbyrstall said:
scruffykiwi said:

It's based off a set of novels and
Oct 5, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2012
O my god Its here. KyoAnis eyegasms are back As is the Glorious Yuri ship I want to happen. Its not going to...but my god it would be great if KyoAni gave us that little joy.

Another note when I watch this it kind of makes me really sad. I was big into band and playing when I was in High School and Middle school as well. Never really went to anything like nationals like they have here but I loved it. And now that I am out and never really went to college the best thing I can do is local bands around here...I am good but I am not good enough to do anything amazing and when I see stuff like this I get really sad it makes me wonder if I could have done something that I really enjoyed if I had gotten a private teacher early on instead of what I did.
Oct 5, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2016
and the best anime of 2015 comes back again with this second season, im so freaking hyped!! I loved everything on the first season, lets see how all of this develops! loved OP and Ed
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 5, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2015
Time to return my drooling by Reina ...
Although I do not get along with episodes of long duration. It was a good start of the season. The opening, I do not like as much as the first but we'll see. The ending itself beautiful.
Speaking of Reina, I loved her in Yukata and its way bestie with Kumiko.
I hope a season as good as the first.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Oct 5, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2010
Its back!!!! And its as beautiful as always... I am loving the new sub-plot, Reina x Kumiko moments and pretty much everything. The way Hibike Euphonium captures SoL and combines it with the music aspect is outstanding. I love. 10/10
TragicRomanceOct 5, 2016 1:37 PM
Oct 5, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2015
Wow. I didn't even noticed it's length until the end. I don't know when was the last time I was this immersed into something.
Oct 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Sep 2008
OMG! That soundtrack *.*
I can't...

Oct 5, 2016 2:00 PM
Mar 2016
Ah what a wonderful episode, it was worth all the wait *_*
And the animation..omg, i don't think anyone can beat Kyoani at this point)

about the baiting... When I saw Reina going to school early to get a chance to talk to Taki-sensei and then getting a bit upset when someone mentioned him having a fiancee- I finally accepted it and continued enjoying the episode) Yuri was not the main reason I enjoyed it so much, but then...the festival, Kumiko completely ignoring a mean comment about Shuuichi, holding hands...no no no, you cant do that to me when i finally accepted the painful truth...T_T You go Kumiko, win Reina over T_T

I feel like I'm having a Stockholm syndrome now, oh well)
Oct 5, 2016 2:05 PM
Aug 2015
This first episode was ok...

I really liked the first season of Hibike! Euphonium until episode 9 to 11 because of shoujo-ai fan service and the focusing on Yuko and Reina (I don't really like them). But the 12 with the training and the final were really enjoyable.

There were good points in this episode like the music team Monaka played, the flashback about Minami school (although I'm afraid that the entire season will be centered on the second year). I like Natsuki and Nozomi seems interesting, but I'm not sure about Mizore... I hope we'll really get more Asuka, Hazuki, Sapphire and Shuuichi.

But for ~ one hour episode, the pacing seemed too slow and I didn't really like the festival part because of Reina. She is too "haughty" according to me. She's not totally wrong about Nozomi running away (and Asuka doing the right thing for the club) but she's too self-centered : "I wouldn't do that..." Of course, she's talented, but people can make mistakes right ?
Hope it will get better. But since lot of people want "yuri bait" my hopes won't get high.

Anyway, I think the opening and ending of the first season were better...
Oct 5, 2016 2:09 PM

Jan 2016
When you see it....

_Hans_Oct 5, 2016 2:25 PM
Oct 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2015
scruffykiwi said:
sbyrstall said:

Oct 5, 2016 2:17 PM
Mar 2016
the music without singing or any remix *_* so beautiful

Flora92Oct 5, 2016 2:34 PM
Oct 5, 2016 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
scruffykiwi said:

Oct 5, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Damn.

Feels good to watch an actually well written and produced show after the mediocre-to-rubbish start of fall season. The visual directing is much less flat than the beginning of the prequel season and there is an almost foreboding atmopshere over Kyoto this time around. Some distant character drawings looked rough but it only stood in contrast to the otherwise high quality visuals.

The festival scenes sealed it, might even be better than the previous season.
Oct 5, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Screenshotting at the speed of Star Platinum's punches for this show lmfao
Oct 5, 2016 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
Flora92 said:
the music without singing or any remix *_* so beautiful

I like the Glassmen drum and bugle corps version myself. :D

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.