Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2016 10:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This part happened a little later in the series, but the anime decided to adapt this first.

Kaizaki wants to take the pills that can make him 28 again, so he can go to his senpai's grave. Yoake decides to tag along. Yoake's bad at waking up. It's nice to know more about Kaizaki's past and how he quit his job. Intense episode overall

Jul 1, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2015
It seems that Arata have some "trauma" about the neck. And the episode, about how Arata learn to have more "endurance" in his mind. And yeah, those two new hires are also Yoake's doing to meet them with Arata.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 5:44 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Nicely done episode for the background on MC's previous job resignation. Still liking the anime better than the manga.
Jul 1, 2016 7:41 PM

Nov 2011
I find Kiazaki and Yoake's relationship is somewhat interesting this episode. So Kizaki still has glimpses of his past and remembers his relationships at work.

What I find about the flashbacks are the narratives and a glimpse at more depth of his personality.
Jul 1, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, most of the main issues have been resolved.
No more romance?
Jul 1, 2016 9:58 PM

Jul 2012
Glad that all of that is cleared up. Really good and reasonable backstory. That company is full of sick fucks, like seriously.
Jul 2, 2016 12:42 AM

Jan 2012
Alright, this one was a bit better. So as expected she killed herself. Their definition of "grown up" is extremely fucked up.
Jul 2, 2016 1:28 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, Really liked it. Ryou is a really nice guy :)

Really glad to see how Kanizaki and his senpai's actions inspired the current juniors in the company.
Kanizaki's thoughts on how his life changed after he quit and their eventual outcomes was very interesting to hear. Glad to see he doesn't regret quitting :D

That company is disgusting though,'Grown Up'? Bullshit
Jul 2, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode.

It reminded me of the ones who bully me at school. Useless trash.
Jul 2, 2016 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
Kizaki sure is a strong dude.. it takes guts for what he did... I mean seriously.... corporate world is bound to chew you up sooner or later
Jul 2, 2016 9:24 PM

Apr 2009
Yes, back to what really matters. We get to learn about Kaizaki reason for quitting job and it gives us a look at a bad corporate culture. Really, when the episodes center around the MC, it's the most interesting to me.

The ending from Chemistry really made me nostalgic. Made me feel old. >_>
Jul 2, 2016 10:15 PM

Sep 2015
Wow intense episode, the back story was great. It made me sick how the boss spinned her death into a story like that. An is so best girl in this anime, she is always really concerned about Kaizaki, I wonder if feelings there :O
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 2, 2016 10:53 PM

Dec 2009
Aw they didn't properly show the noose like in the manga, wtf.
Jul 3, 2016 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
A more in depth look at Kaizaki's past and I gotta say this was a very fulfilling episode compared to the last two. That company was toxic and I hope karma gets all of them hard. I felt pretty damn bad for Kaizaki as he's carrying one of the worst burdens any human being should endure; guilt over a death of someone they care about. It affected him so bad he can't even fully tie his tie up to his neck.

Then those new hires came to pay their respect. It was nice moment for Kaizaki and that helped him to lift some of the grief and despair off his shoulders.

Great episode.

5/5

Jul 3, 2016 10:32 AM
May 2015
Hah, this episode was just as great as the manga. Nice job, TMS Entertainment.

Though, the new hires' reactions when they saw Kaizaki was a bit underwhelming. It's like they just turned out casually and asked if he was Kaizaki. I was expecting more like a freeze reaction from them. Like freeze for 2 seconds after seeing a familiar face, turn around and ask him. I'll stop because I'm being picky here.

Jul 3, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2015
This might've been the best episode so far. It was nice to see more of Kaizaki's backstory. No wonder he quit that job after his senpai committed suicide and all the other members of the company were such jerks. It really expanded on his character and showed what a good guy he was, as he was able to shoulder that "quit after 3 months" on his resume because he realized the company was corrupt. And meeting those two juniors from the company must've helped him realize that he was a very respectable person, as he had inspired them!
Eventually_Jul 3, 2016 1:34 PM
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 3, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
Well, this scene hit me hard

Jul 3, 2016 5:29 PM

May 2015
Ah, so we finally got to see more of Kaizaki's past. So it was suicide after all... That made me really sad. Companies and people like that are truly disgusting. I can't believe they're not even ashamed. I swear, these guys pissed me off... Other than that, great episode.

Tetimaru said:

Me too DX..

Jul 3, 2016 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
so she did kill herself and he has ptsd from the incident and fuck those corpocate assholes
Jul 3, 2016 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode ever. 5/5.

As I've mentioned before, I love how this series tackles real-life societal and workplace pressure and politics. My older cousin in South Korea was forced to quit her company due to similar circumstances and she struggled to find employment after a while. She had to go through a lot and eventually she put up her own business and it wasn't easy but after years of working hard and dedication she owns several branches and even has put up two buildings where other small companies rent out the office space. She had a male coworker who committed suicide by drowning himself and people said it was because he had too much pressure at work. He left behind his wife and two kids in college and one kid in high school. I'm sure this also happens in places other than South Korea and Japan. I think the corporate world is much like this.
臭い-
Jul 3, 2016 9:54 PM

May 2010
What... Kaizaki's place was full of sick idiots. Adults like that are the reason I don't like interacting with people in general, totally understand Kaizaki there.

I'm really glad that Kaizaki got some good kohai, and that he's finally moving forward

Ryou is such a good guy tho-- so dedicated

The credit picture was as beautiful as always
Jul 4, 2016 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
Wow that was a really good episode that just realistically portrays the types of people that are in society. Gee Kaizaki definitely had it rough
Jul 4, 2016 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
Probably my favourite episode. Kaizaki wanting a pill to become an adult again.
The suicide of Saiki really impacted on Kaizaki a lot. Sad to see this was what made it hard for him to integrate back into society again.

Saiki was such an awesome Sensei. Screw those bastard employees bullying her & wanting her to resign.
Even the Boss was a massive asshole. Kaizaki did the right thing quitting that company.

Nice to see that he was able to offer advice from personal experience to those new hires. That was a beautiful smile from Saiki.
Sneaky Yoake providing some assistance.

Another nice ED song.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 4, 2016 4:08 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 4, 2016 9:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yoake is just amazing, but i'm repeating myself. Amazing help he provides for Kaizaki.

His backstory is sad, he kind of lost his social skills after that. Great meeting between him and the two workers.
Jul 4, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2014
>Social criticism
>In a half assed slice of life anime
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 4, 2016 10:33 AM
Dec 2015
Again, the writing in ReLife is really realistic that it is reflective of societal conditions and some of the workplace politics. It really is toxic at times and sometimes, you are at such a lowly ranked position that you wonder if anything you say would change anything.

Truth is, it never does change anything. That is why many left for a better environment or in worst case scenarios, just like his senpai. However, toxic work environments seems to be a more prominent occurrence in Asia due to the work politics and pressure being at that much higher of a level and the patriarchal nature of Asian cultures where women are highly discriminated.
Jul 4, 2016 2:19 PM

Jun 2010
Tetimaru said:

Came here just to say that. That ED was foul play, seriously.
Jul 4, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
Tetimaru said:

I miss my senpai..
---------My Profile------------
Jul 5, 2016 4:44 AM

Nov 2015
Saiki killed herself :(! Kaizaki and Yoake are getting closer I guess, I like thier relationship. Kaizaki's past was tragic, hopefully he can get over it.

Jul 5, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
I admire MC-kun
I would do the same thing. Fuckin losers, corporats. I hate that kind of people the most, along with informers hypocrites and posers.
Grow up? Grow up my ass.
rsc-plJul 5, 2016 2:45 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 5, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
Ah much better episode now. I looked up "black company in japan" and according to Wikipedia there was a real life case of a 26 year old woman who committed suicide because of work-related stress and the family successfully sued the company after 7 years. Maybe the manga was inspired from that incident?

Anyway, Kaizaki was right to quit that evil company. The employees were all heartless corporate bastards. They are the ones who needs to grow up.
Jul 6, 2016 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
This was quite a nice episode, and perhaps, to people that have lost relatives to such unwanted act might hit closer to home; for me, luckily I haven't lost a relative to such case, but I know of one case who committed suicide caused by the pressure put from the higher ups, especially pressure put on the person to leave the company, constantly getting called to the superiors office, giving offers and threats and various other methods to make you quit the companycorporation with a paid leave, so this issue tackled here might even bear a greater significance in Asia.

If you're wondering how I know of this one case that committed suicide, well, my parent went through the same pressure, worked in the same corporation as the other person that committed that act.
Sadly, some people can't bear such pressure and are put in a position in which they wouldn't even think of committing such an act under normal circumstances, and people who are responsible for mental harassment should or must be held responsible.

Edit; it was one case who did commit suicide, it is sad, nonetheless.
ourielJul 7, 2016 6:57 AM
Jul 7, 2016 9:06 AM

May 2012
Lovely that they included an episode where they were grown up again! Loved that ending as well. And as expected that his senpai commit suicide :/
Jul 7, 2016 3:57 PM

Mar 2016
Best episode yet. It tied a lot of things together. And gave us the full background of the MC. It had character development and i was able to emotionally connect with him, damn was really sad to what happened to his senpai and all he had to go through, though I'm glad what he did inspired others .
Jul 7, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, that was a really good episode. Kaizaki doesn't regret leaving the company anymore after meeting those kouhai. Man that company was full of dicks.
Jul 7, 2016 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
So she really killed herself, I was thinking that she was Chizuru, since both looks alike.
Jul 8, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2015
a really madness episode imo. seriously, if i were him, i would shit on the president of the company even if it would probably risk my life. death ? i don't give a fuck. someone just died and that's the reaction. IT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT FUCKING NORMAL. just what the fuck dude ? they only care about position > money. this is why i hate humans these days. which all of that problems in this episode, it leads to the topic which i really really hate so much; "Strong live, Weak die"

if that was the situation in all company around the world, i'd rather died. i didn't mean i give up. is it even worth to live with that bunch of people assholes ? i don't even see merit in living/working around those kind of assholes.

let's put that aside...
i like this episode cause there is a big obvious improvement on Kaizaki's personality. you can see that before, in the first episode, he didn't want to tell people what was his job, but now he can tell people without any problem. i think that is a pretty big improvement for him. i really like that Yoake prepare all of that meeting for him :D

although i still dissapointed that Kaizaki's supporter isn't Onoya ;_;
i think it would be rather more emotional if the supporter is Onoya, moreover she has some feelings towards Kaizaki too.
some religion people said that a person who commit suicide will go to hell after they die. but in that kind of situation, the situation where you can't hold everything in your heart and everything just blow up in your body or your heart and then unconsiously/consiously commit suicide cause she/he could not stand it anymore, even if people keep saying "you just need to hold it and never commit suicide" to a person in that kind of mental state, i doubt normal human could stand it unless if they asked for someone's help. the person who commit suicide killed themselve not because they wanted to. they did that cause they can't stand the society in this/that world anymore. not only they give up their life, they give up about the world where their live in too. and i don't think that is their fault for killing themselve. but it's a different case if people "intentionally" tried to kill themselve like those suicide bombs recently in real life for example.

rasenshiruken973 said:
Ah much better episode now. I looked up "black company in japan" and according to Wikipedia there was a real life case of a 26 year old woman who committed suicide because of work-related stress and the family successfully sued the company after 7 years. Maybe the manga was inspired from that incident?

Anyway, Kaizaki was right to quit that evil company. The employees were all heartless corporate bastards. They are the ones who needs to grow up.

WUT ?! that is a true story ?!
japan looks interesting on the outside but fucked up in the inside i see.
need to be more carefull if i planned to work at that weird country.
YizelTroJul 8, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 9, 2016 1:15 AM

Aug 2015
Wow Hishiro starting a conversation, slowly but surely improving her communication skill, just nice to see that. And we got to learn more about Arata's past job, damn that pretty fucked up though to saw her senpai suffer like that especially seeing her dead body after is just..... I can't help but felt disgusted just watching the real truth behind workplaces and stuff shown in this ep., great now I'm worried about my future workplace as it slowly approaches me.
Jul 9, 2016 7:50 PM

Mar 2015
This definitely was a necessary episode, more or less shedding full light on why Kaizaki only spent 3 months at that messed up company.. I speak from experience when I say that most competitive workplaces are, in fact, exactly like that. It isn't easy to stay on and it also isn't easy to quit for fear of soiling that CV.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2016 11:28 PM

May 2015
There were several noteworthy events in this episode... Hishiro noticing something was odd when Kaizaki was talking with Yoake, Chizuru is not as dense as she acts... Arata's traumatic past fully revealed, Saiki his senpai suicide. Those bastards (co-workers) were only thinking of a promotion even though she had just died. The f*cking boss... I was fuming with rage and last but not least Ryou & Arata bonding more (learning from each other’s past and present experience with life)... a great episode for those who love character development.

benkyou said:
That company is full of sick fucks, like seriously.
Those people doesn't deserve to be called human being.

SKP138 said:
A more in depth look at Kaizaki's past and I gotta say this was a very fulfilling episode compared to the last two. That company was toxic and I hope karma gets all of them hard. I felt pretty damn bad for Kaizaki as he's carrying one of the worst burdens any human being should endure; guilt over a death of someone they care about. It affected him so bad he can't even fully tie his tie up to his neck.

Then those new hires came to pay their respect. It was nice moment for Kaizaki and that helped him to lift some of the grief and despair off his shoulders.

Great episode.

5/5
+1
Jul 10, 2016 4:22 AM

Jan 2016
That hit the feels ):
Yoake is such a bro
Jul 10, 2016 5:44 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, this was a great episode. "Black" companies are really a big issue in Japan and I applaud this show for showing outright just how ridiculous they are, and showing how bullying can be an issue when you're an adult as well. I know it would have been really hard for Kaizaki to mention why he quit after just three months but I think he should have been open about it. He might not have found a big name company to hire him but smaller companies can be more understanding (based on my real experience :P).
Jul 11, 2016 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
A great return to form for ReLife after a couple of not so great episodes.
Jul 13, 2016 12:45 PM

Sep 2013
And let the healing begin! It looks like Kaizaki is finally coming to terms with the trauma he experienced at his professional job. Let's hope he's able to move forward in his life now and find a career that will truly make him happy!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 14, 2016 6:56 PM
Mar 2012
This is my favorite episode without a doubt. I extremely relate to Kaizaki-kun especially with his employment struggle. It has been almost a year since I've graduated and I could not land a job thanks to my country crappy economy and my awkward personality. I thought that with my very high GPA landing a job would be a walk in the park. I didn't even start to apply for jobs until a month after my graduation since I wanted to relax for a while and not to start work immediately.

Later after many interviews and rejections I felt that my confidence in myself is shrinking and I start to hate myself even more not because I am that eager to get a job but because I felt like I was useless. I started to hate Meeting up with friends and people because the subject of my unemployment would always come up and it pains me to talk about it. Some question my efforts , some provided me with aggravating suggestions and the worst tried to make feel worse on purpose by saying things like: there are people who are only book smart and complete idiots when it comes to the real world.

God, what would I give to be in high school again.

Anyway, I am sorry to ramble on about my life and I know that I am supposed to discuss relife episode not my own but this anime especially this episode made want to write about it
Jul 16, 2016 5:56 AM
Mar 2012
Backstory & crappy work culture were really sad how real it felt & is. 3 months on the resume for fulltime work does sound like death sentence, at least in Asia.
Beautifully done pacing. Kaizaki's previous strangle tic was finally explained, as pstd connected to senpai. How they revealed this w/o being too inyourface was nice.
Hard working Yoake's really respectable, tho still don't like his personality. Walking a fine line between too pushy vs not supporting enough, good to have An help the "chance" meetup.
4 months, so we get 2-3 seasons?
@Wolf42Moon, it's perfectly relevant part of discussion. I didn't find fulltime either after graduation, so did parttime for very long. Even those have these "black companies". Think I went back to school (not hs lol), then took months searching before getting a fulltime.
Jul 17, 2016 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
omg seriously, what's wrong with that company. I would never work in a place where people are bullied. But it's great to know people look up to Kaizaki, even they have no strenght to do anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2015
Sad but good episode.
Yoake sure did an amazing job a support.

The image of the ending was hard to watch... feelz...

We finally understand why Arata left his previous job in only three months. He was too much of a good person for such a crappy work environment.
Jul 27, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2015
I loved this episode! We knew why Arata left his first job and wow... good job Arata-kun! They were all bastards, what a bunch of shit in the same work environment.

Yoake is just the god, helping him to move forward !!
Aug 10, 2016 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
Ah, so I was wrong with my thinking that Chizuru was his boss.. but I guess it's better this way...
Well, but this manga is something, it criticizes japanese society, similiarly how Higashi no Eden did. This episode was really interesting in a way to show us his past. And I'm glad his trauma is finally over, that scene where Saiki smiled in his mind for the first time just told us everything.

Well, but now I'm thinking if there will be any satisfying end to this.. as it would be nice if this series concluded well but the manga is still going and they are only on their summer break. So it will most likely conclude with open-ending which is shame a bit.

Anyway, it's nice how Kaizaki is being saved by Yoake the same as Yoake is being saved by Kaizaki. Really like character interactions here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

104 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.