Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 10:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get to know why Hishiro is the way she is. A lot of school transferring must suck. Lol, the eavesdroppers failed to hide. It might have been for the better though.

Time for the game and Kariu's not here. Lol at Yoake sending her address to Kaizaki. Kaizaki's a good liar, haha. Luckily Hishiro managed to convince Kariu to play the game. Too bad they lost though. But they gained something else instead...

GoldenDevilGamerJul 1, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 1, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
Aw man, why does Rena always have to start an "awkward" conversation?
At least Chizuru now can finally lecture someone with her own word. And finally Rena and Honoka making up now.
Is this mean that An wouldn't be interfering at the school anymore? Well, since she's an observer too like Yoake.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2016 1:19 PM

Mar 2016
All's well that ends well

Jul 1, 2016 5:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
And Hishiro is the engineer on the feelz train and does a fine job of pulling it into the station right on time....and on the right track too. Nice episode.....still not impressed with kindergarten bully boy even if he did say Thanks.
Jul 1, 2016 7:15 PM

Nov 2011
Glad to see they cleared the air after everything.

Hishiro's creepy smile ftw!
Jul 1, 2016 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
Nice resolution this episode, now with this drama out of the way it can get back to the main focus.
Jul 1, 2016 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
And a good and sweet resolution overall. Nice to see, yet, more development amongst the characters. Wonder how the rest of the series will play out
Jul 1, 2016 10:22 PM

May 2015
It was awesome that Hishiro was able to tell Kariu she needed to go to the match, considering at the beginning of this series she had so little communication skills. I also liked seeing a bit more of Hishiro's past. And it was nice that Kariu and Tamarai finally made up.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 2, 2016 12:20 AM

Jan 2012
Damn that was cliche, dull and boring. I honestly don't remember the source material stinking like this, maybe I'll hafta drop it. Well, 3 episodes left.
Jul 2, 2016 12:56 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Glad to see Rena and Honoka reconcile.
Chizuru is awesome, Liked her little pep talk and I Laughed so hard when she ended up sitting between both of them at the end.

Everyone in this show must love peeking and overhearing things xD
Jul 2, 2016 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
Nice, I'm glad everything's turned out fine.

Pretty good episode
Jul 2, 2016 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Chizuru in last scene looked totally like Kuronuma Sawako :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 2, 2016 11:11 AM

May 2012
Welp, Hishiro establishes her place as absolute best grill. I liked that she basically told Rena to stop acting stupid. You go girl

All's well that ends well

Jul 2, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2014
hishiro rocked this episode
Jul 2, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2013
Well I'm glad all ended well; man there were a lot of emotions bouncing around
Jul 2, 2016 4:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Hishiro was great in this episode, she fkin told Rena! Glad she mustered up some courage :D
Jul 2, 2016 8:48 PM

Sep 2013
Kariu seems like a character I'd quite like but man, she's a pain in the ass. It's great she has so many friends patient enough to deal with her.
Jul 2, 2016 9:31 PM

Apr 2009
Finally this teenage drama ends. I didn't care about the volleyball girl and the side characters. It was such a drag to watch Kaizaki get pushed to the side and felt like volleyball girl and Kariu became the main focus. Too bad we're only left with three episodes. Waste.
Jul 2, 2016 10:02 PM

Sep 2015
I thought they would come back and at least win that game. Sadly that didn't happen. Great episode though glad we got closer on that arc ready for something different from volleyball drama
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 2, 2016 10:36 PM

Dec 2009
They cut off a lot of dialogue and some interactions/scenes from the manga but oh well. Other than that it's accurate.
Jul 3, 2016 6:56 AM

Dec 2011
Finally this part is over. I have to be honest, I didn't like this part in the manga. Really felt bad for Honoka when I read it, now also feel the same when I'm watching it.

I have to check to make sure, but I think they missed a couple of things here. Well, some of them are not that important, but some are quite interesting.
Jul 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Yep, Resting Bitch Face Kariu is definitely going to win Cunt of the Season. Gonna be really hard for anyone to top her this season. It started out as a Honoka story line that shifted to another Kariu story line. The spotlight is practically on her all the time. I'm glad they made up and became friends again but Jesus, Kariu is just not a likable character at all.

Please, no more Kariu. I'd like to know about the other characters some more...considering that we don't know much about them other than Kaizaki.

I don't read the manga, but it's obvious she's gonna have another arc that's focused on her and her feelings for Oga. Lets hope that doesn't happen anytime soon.

Hishiro was amazing this episode. Got a little backstory about her and how she became the person she is today so I'm glad that they explored that side of her a little. Hishiro is also a great person who actually understood the situation a little and gave a good speech about the situation.

4/5

Jul 3, 2016 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
Never seen such a fulfilling episode in a long time where at the end everything was well and a happy atmosphere was around. I was as a spectator happy to see like the whole group reunited. Really.

And, ironically, even Kaizuki points it out with his Shakespeare citation ("All's well that ends well.")
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jul 3, 2016 10:24 AM
May 2015
Oh my god, they skipped the part where Kaizaki wanted to mess with Yoake and An by telling the group like why they always hang out together. I guess they run out of time or they felt like it was an unnecessary comedy scene.

I'm glad this arc was over though. I didn't really like this arc that much in the manga as well.

Jul 3, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
Fucking tsundere ruining the show. Man I can't stand characters like that, so damn annoying
Jul 3, 2016 3:09 PM

Jun 2013
damn Honoka had it tough for a long time and god dammit why is Kariu being such a tsundere i hate people that always play the victim part like that
Jul 3, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2015
"All's well that ends well". Damn right. That ending scene was adorable, the three of them so close like that. I feel satisfied. I didn't expect them to lose, though.

Great episode.

Jul 3, 2016 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
I think the animation is pretty generic but the story is very nice. Still, in reality, you can't force someone to play if they don't want to. You can't drag them and force them to play, make up with someone, etc. They have to learn on their own. If she wants to wallow in self-pity then let her do it. It's tiring to see their friends being unable to live their own lives because they're trying too hard to make someone stubborn get along with the rest of the pack.

Throw away three years of hard work? Pfft. There are people who throw away twenty, thirty, forty or more years of their life doing something they don't like or throw away something really good because of stupidity.

It's good that they got a long in the end but I felt like they wasted a perfectly good episode focusing on Kairu's bullshit.
臭い-
Jul 4, 2016 1:40 AM

Dec 2012
Hishiro was so cheerful when she was younger. Must be hard always transferring school & trying to make friends.
Lol the guys listening in on the conversation.

Volleyball time & haha Kaizaki getting Karui's address via text. That's not suspicious at all.
GO Hishiro. That flick to the head knocked some sense into Kariu. They made it just in time for the rest of the game.

Glad to see Hishiro, Honoka & Kariu friends again.

Pretty chill ED song.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 4, 2016 10:02 AM
Dec 2015
Thank you thank you thank you! to the writers of the manga/anime for making them lose because you know what? In life, things aren't so simple that once you make up, its all sunshine and rainbows again like in some anime! They were trailing badly and naturally should have lost!

But you know what, just like life, you gain some you lose some but sometimes you gain something even more precious. Just like their friendship which they almost lost. Many times in my own past, I've lost friends due to silly misunderstandings and not making the effort to clear them up and sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if we were still together.

All thanks to Hishiro, the best girl which pushed Kariu to make the correct decision. To all that is slagging Kariu, I would say that personally I do not like Kariu's character but such people do exists in real life, choosing to avoid problems and put up a front instead of confronting their problems. Heck I would say that most of us have avoided some of our own problems, choosing to go the long way instead of being direct because it is definitely not easy to be in a situation where emotions are running high.

As for Hishiro, she maybe emotionally dense in the past but she is definitely not dead inside. She was hiding her own emotions and dulling her senses all along due to her past but as what people often say, the people who have been hurt the most deals out the best advice as they want others to avoid what they should have done in the past.

All in all, really really like the writing in this series about human emotions and relationships! Just find the piano ost a bit off putting at times.
Jul 4, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
Did we ever find out who subject 001 was?? Thats what I would like to know, back to the main story.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 5, 2016 3:34 AM

Nov 2015
This felt like a finale imo. Finally Honoka and Rena made up.

Jul 5, 2016 11:00 AM
Jul 2012
rsc-pl said:
Chizuru in last scene looked totally like Kuronuma Sawako :D

She reminds me so much of her!
Jul 5, 2016 9:33 PM

Feb 2012
Laaaaaammmmeeeee. Doesn't this show know how to solve problems with something other than generic speeches and bland anime humor that undercuts the mood?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jul 6, 2016 7:51 AM

Apr 2013
And it all gets cleared up :) Rena is so stubborn that she can't contradict her earlier mean comments... I know I've certainly felt that way before, and I know plenty of other people that will say something that they don't mean and stick by it just because they don't want to admit they were wrong. It takes a really strong person to let down those barriers and own up to your mistakes, especially considering how central her negative feelings are to her whole personality. Rena is lucky to have friends that regret making mistakes like that, that are motivated to help and understand her. I love this anime!

And I still really like Rena, I find her relatable and believable. So many people seem to really hate her character, and I feel like those people just might not have needed a second chance before, or haven't given someone a second chance when it comes to things like this. Rena is childish and stubborn, but she's shown herself to be really nice underneath that, and I think she has really amusing reactions to a lot of people in her life.
Jul 7, 2016 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad everything is alright between the girls now, great job Chizuru!
Jul 7, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2012
Lovely ending I must say, even though they lost it wa still quite lovely :)

Let's see what's next!
Jul 7, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
Well that was a heart-warming ending ! Glad things worked out well. Tama and kariu are back happy together and thanks to hishiro and arata
Jul 8, 2016 4:18 AM

Oct 2010
Red-haired bitch is super annoying.. >.<
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Jul 8, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2015
LOL at Hishiro blowing some steam looks like she's finally done of this bullshit that Kariu was showing for the past eps good thing. LMAO at Yo being the best creepy stalker in this series so far for him to know Kariu's address XD. And finally Kariu and Honoka had a last game of volleyball and finally made up thanks to Hishiro if not for her I bet more shitty drama and mood swings are to be expected in Kariu XD. Also that hair down Hishiro is 10/10 <3
Jul 8, 2016 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
I would have made the episode 9 and 10 as some special as this is to much a filler from main character ;p
Jul 9, 2016 4:15 AM

Jul 2014
Did this arc really need to go on for three episodes? I feel like they could have cut out an entire episode's worth and it still would have worked well enough. It also would've been way less annoying as we'd see less and less of Kariu acting like a selfish asshole rather than having to needlessly endure it for thee episodes.

At least it's done now so we can get back to the main plot, which is the only thing I really care about other than Kaizaki and Hishiro's relationship.
Jul 9, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2015
I think transferring schools all the time would definitely have that kind of effect and it was good to know that it's why Hishiro is the way she is.. but it's not that she isn't trying to change, and seeing her slowly open up is really nice and to have been the one to help Kariu and Tama make up was really good for her too
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 10, 2016 4:17 AM

Jan 2016
"Lying comes as naturally to you as breathing" AHAHAH
Hishiro was amazing in this every episode
Jul 10, 2016 5:42 AM
Dec 2009
RediceRyan said:
Nice resolution this episode, now with this drama out of the way it can get back to the main focus.

danieltortoisee said:
Did this arc really need to go on for three episodes? I feel like they could have cut out an entire episode's worth and it still would have worked well enough. It also would've been way less annoying as we'd see less and less of Kariu acting like a selfish asshole rather than having to needlessly endure it for thee episodes.

At least it's done now so we can get back to the main plot, which is the only thing I really care about other than Kaizaki and Hishiro's relationship.

My thoughts exactly, I felt like the drama was just delaying the main story.
Jul 10, 2016 6:21 AM

Jun 2008
A lot was cut out of manga for the volleyball arc. That was half the fun of that arc. Oh well, what's done is done.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2013
Was a good episode but honestly im glad that this arc is over.
Jul 10, 2016 12:06 PM
May 2015
Nice episode and Hishiro did great.

Well this arc was good and boring ?_?
Jul 10, 2016 5:05 PM

Jun 2016
I hate Kariu! Even after she said her sorrys. I just can't stand her. But, atleast, she recognizes that she's annoying. IMO, she has great opportunities to be a great character.
- Total victory is scoring an easy win by doing what you always do -
Karma Akabane
Jul 10, 2016 7:28 PM

Jun 2013
Kariu's got such a high iron wall, she should've gone to play for Date Tech. Amirite? ;D

Also, thank god Hishiro called Kariu out.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

104 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.