Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
I also love all these references, call backs, hints and development in the episode.

Betty saying Subaru seems to have no fear of dying.

Subaru's shaking hands when he tries to act all heroic but he's scared shitless inside

He reveals that he knows about the scent which should have given him a lot of trust points for Rem

Subaru showing the experience of his countless loops. Even children he technically only meets once in these 4 days are important enough that he knows their names and dreams.

A lot of things are done subtly again and I love the director for doing that.
May 29, 2016 1:53 PM

Nov 2014
ynat11 said:
I will be so pissed if Subaru dies again, he got so far this time

I was thinking the same thing.

Great episode.

5/5
May 29, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2010
edwd2 said:
Fappa said:

I don't know if you have watched the episode because what you said didn't even happen lol.

I guess the last part of the episode just felt very out of place. Even if he doesn't die, I'm questioning why and how he was able to just jump in, attempt to save rem? and get himself, well, bitten very badly?

...Have you been watching the show at all? This isn't first time Subaru has gone put his life line that. He did for Felt and Emilia in first arc too. So not unusual at all. The hell?
Iron_MawMay 29, 2016 2:02 PM
May 29, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
FUUUUUUUUUU!!!! I really didn't expect him to die this ep D:

And Crazy Rem was <3
May 29, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
Demon Mode Rem what the hell??!! Such an intense episode from the get go to finish, I wonder whether Subaru will have to reset now tho?
May 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, another excellent episode. No surprise that the puppy was the cause of the curse, but I didn't quite expect it to be the leader of a pack of demon dogs. I'm assuming the puppy is being controlled by some powerful magic-user rather than just happening to have that power itself, even if the forest is full of creatures created by Satella herself.

Please don't tell me that Subaru died again though, not after that emotional lap pillow scene from last week. If he has, I do struggle to see how he will be able to deal with this again, even if he knows that the puppy is the cause of the curse.
May 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
I hope he didn't die and if he did, I hope his "savepoint" changed
May 29, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2015
The best episode so far(for me).

Jun 2014
Jesus fucking Christ can a forum mod come and clean up this thread a bit? 90% of the comments on the first page have nothing to do with the actual episode, just people asking where they can watch it, saying they want to watch it, talking about censorship, or some other irrelevant BS that's simply taking up space. Instead of asking about where you can watch it, just wait patiently like everyone else.

Anyway, pointless rant aside, the end of the episode was really intense. Subaru facing off against those Mabeasts and Rem going batshit crazy as she revealed that demon side of herself was pretty exciting stuff.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 2012
Damnit, again with the cliffhanger

Subaru better not die x_x I feel like he isn't going to. Didn't look like he got damaged all too badly since he was only mauled on for a bit. It'll be great if he doesn't since he made so much progress this time around, and it looks like he built far more trust than he previously did, especially with Emilia and Rem

Rem was pretty crazy lol I was scared that she died for a sec but then she goes berserk on those demon dogs

May 29, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Please don't tell me that Subaru died again though, not after that emotional lap pillow scene from last week. If he has, I do struggle to see how he will be able to deal with this again, even if he knows that the puppy is the cause of the curse.
I think he died, but don't worry :-)
May 29, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2015
Aw fck a cliffhanger
Rem really is a demon, not a surprise
I hope he will not die :c
*hug noises*

May 2013
The day when Chino became a demonic yandere
Jul 2018
I don't think he died,
removed-userMay 29, 2016 3:09 PM
May 29, 2016 2:06 PM
May 2016
This episode was.. wow. Wow.
May 29, 2016 2:07 PM
Jan 2015
Please don't die! Think about the lap pillow!
May 29, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
Holy shit. Once again, I'm completely speechless. Re: Zero never fails to keep me fully immersed in the story and I love everything about it. Even for a show where Subaru constantly dies and wakes up in the past, it never feels repetitive. I can't seem to find any flaws with it at the moment.
Rem went completely nuts, but that's okay, because now we can see that she's a solid badass.

Very very excited for next Sunday!!
May 29, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
Hooo boy this episode is giving me SERIOUS Tsukihime VN flashbacks crossed with some RWBY(the magic beasts are totally creatures of Grimm lol).

So it was the dog. Too bad certain people spoiled it in the episode threads by pretending to "guess" it. Oh Mal, you never change.

Anyway, if to go into technical side first what struck me a lot abou this episode is great use of music that emphasized the atmosphere of various scenes - for example when Subaru is telling Rem why the kids matter.
Visually the episode was strong in terms of directing - Subaru's emotions continue to be perfectly telegraphed and the atmosphere set up is perfect - you can literally feel the tension during village scenes.

We learn this episode that the Jealous Witch created magical beasts that supposedly antagonize humanity. On one hand that really reminds me of RWBY's Grimm on other hand just like with everything about the Witch, I am not sure how much of that is a legend and how much of that is facts. Really hope we learn SOMETHING concrete about the witch soon. What makes me doubt it all is the fact that the kids note that the dog is especially hostile towards Subaru(the one with witch's smell) - now if the dog was from the witch shouldn't the reaction be the opposite? So many questions.

If there was one downside that sort of persists so far it is the fact that the supposed heroine of the show, Emilia, still remains nothing more than under-developed trophy. At this point I would not be that angry if Subaru just hooked up with Rem considering there's far more substance there, even if Subaru and Emilia still have great chemistry and interactions.

5/5
May 29, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
Oh boys. OH BOYS.

Rem was awesome at the end!

Will Subaru die again?
May 29, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2016
Yass love the transformation. Fantastic episode!!

I want more!
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
May 29, 2016 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Really hope he just blacked out instead of dying, this route was to good to be undone so easily .-. (Ross save him plooox ).

Rem transformation was really good, that's an really cute Oni! And boy, she is freaking strong.
May 29, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Subaru nooooooo. I have a bad feeling that he is dead. Especially because of Rem's reaction ("don't die" or something like that) it's clear that the bites can lead to his death without hitting vital points. And Rem even has healing powers. Noooooo. Being Subaru is suffering itself. :(
mozgow said:
danieltortoisee said:
I think he died, but don't worry :-)

That could be possible, especially, if you consider that somebody controls the save points and sets them, if he takes the correct path (just a theory). But I can't shake the feeling off that the author goes full-sadist mode and lets him begin from the start. :(
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 29, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Me after wathing the episode

Intensity overload, excellent excellent excelllent episode!
May 29, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2016
Loved the ep. The gore. Rem going insane. All those Higurashi vibes. Time to make way for best grill Rem, and we haven't even gotten into Arc 3's messed up crap. So hyped that my eyes are already oozing profusely for more.
Apr 2014
Surprised he didn't die to the first mob.
What's up with this demon transformation?
Looks like he died again, I guess he's gonna take 5 more resets before he figures out how to defeat the curse-dog.
The dogs were CG animated for a brief moment when they were chasing Basuru, I don't mind it though.
This show is really captivating.

Jul 2014
I swear to God if Subaru died Im gonna start cracking heads.
May 29, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2015
This is now ahead of the manga !!! Damn did he die ??????
May 29, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2016
man the ending theme is top tier
May 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
That was a perfect transition into the ending by the way.

Rem: DON'T DIE!

Ending starts...Oh please don't let me die
May 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
Rem was too cute this episode. Demon wasn't so cute, but really liked how much concern she showed for Subaru.
I need sleep.
May 29, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
So it was the dog. Too bad certain people spoiled it in the episode threads by pretending to "guess" it. Oh Mal, you never change.

You can guess it pretty clearly by the clues given out to the viewers.
First, if you want to take a mystery serious, you apply Knox's rules. One of them states that the culprit has to be seen throughout the series. Things can't apply magic (it would be pretty weird). What's left are living things. Judging by the previous episodes, Ram, Rem, Roswaal, Emilia or Beatrice couldn't be responsible for the curse, especially, if you look at the conversations with Beatrice again. The villagers could be responsible, but the dog was really highlighted (why would a author waste time on that, if it wouldn't lead to new clues). So the first guess would be the dog after episode 8.
May 29, 2016 2:31 PM

Jul 2007
Sometimes791 said:
Fai said:

First, if you want to take a mystery serious, you apply Knox's rules. One of them states that the culprit has to be seen throughout the series. Judging by the previous episodes, Ram, Rem, Roswaal, Emilia or Beatrice couldn't be responsible for the curse, especially, if you look at the conversations with Beatrice again. Things can't apply magic (it would be pretty weird). What's left are living things. The villagers could be responsible, but the dog was really highlighted (why would a author waste time on that, if it wouldn't lead to new clues). So the first guess would be the dog after episode 8.

Some people "guessed" it before the dog was even shown. And certain someone was already posting "theories" how dog totally was cursing subaru before they even explained what curses are or that it is not poison.

You can only validly guess its the dog in the episode before last when Rem/Ram are eliminated as suspects.
May 29, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
Tokoya said:
Hearing that there is more suffering hurts my soul

It is an anime about suffering.
May 29, 2016 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Rem went on a full demon mode.

Let's hope Subaru survives from this encounter!
May 29, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
mozgow said:
Rem was really badass in this episode :-)

And for those wondering if Subaru survived

That would be viable, if we didn't know the arc ends next episode. I was like "oh shit oh shit oh shit" then i remembered that the arc ends next episode so he should survive..... should...
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 29, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 2014
Holy sheit that was intense
I love this series, best of the season no doubt!
May 29, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2016
Also I really like the beast design. Looks great.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
May 29, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
Thread cleaned from offtopic posts and posts asking where to watch the episode.

At the cost of getting spoiled... I'm a few eps behind

Mar 2012
If you actually remember at the end of first arc, Subaru got cut by Elsa, then he woke up at the mansion, start of 2nd arc.
This pattern "could" be the same, meaning 3rd arc is perhaps next ?

EDIT : Nevermind it wasn't exactly the same. Btw great episode.
OrobouMay 29, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
Some people "guessed" it before the dog was even shown. And certain someone was already posting "theories" how dog totally was cursing subaru before they even explained what curses are or that it is not poison.

You can only validly guess its the dog in the episode before last when Rem/Ram are eliminated as suspects.

Episode 4 discussions don't contain anything relating to the dog. Episode 5 discussions were mainly composed of the "dog bit him and he was poisoned" or "the dog could be responsible". The first theories were mainly about poison, but those were denied as well by some other anime-only. So they kept the dog in mind with no clear connection. Just with the curse the theory was popping up. There was nobody, who spelled out the correct solution to everything relating the dog. And the dog was shown in episode 5, so he was suspicious.
May 29, 2016 2:44 PM
Jun 2015
I think we all just hope that Subaru didn't die... like c'mon it was only a few dog bites... right? ;-;
May 29, 2016 2:44 PM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
Sometimes791 said:

First, if you want to take a mystery serious, you apply Knox's rules. One of them states that the culprit has to be seen throughout the series. Judging by the previous episodes, Ram, Rem, Roswaal, Emilia or Beatrice couldn't be responsible for the curse, especially, if you look at the conversations with Beatrice again. Things can't apply magic (it would be pretty weird). What's left are living things. The villagers could be responsible, but the dog was really highlighted (why would a author waste time on that, if it wouldn't lead to new clues). So the first guess would be the dog after episode 8.

Yeah I agree, I only called the dog because of the last episode. I'm glad I avoided the other discussion threads tbh. I suppose it was pretty obvious Rem and Ram are demons on top of that, there was so much straight up obvious scenes that it shouldn't be a surprise.

What I wonder though is if someone in the village was in on it since the barrier was broken and it's obvious the mabeasts couldn't do it.
May 29, 2016 2:45 PM

Feb 2015

reminds me of

the most satisfication scene ever in anime to me is this. when a certain pure, kind, quite and cute girl suddenly went beserk especially OP and filled with an amount of madness, now that's what i called satisfication. that's only me tho xD tbh, that was the very best scene of Rem from what i have seen so far from Re:zero. wish it was longer tho ;_; i just can't get enought with that kind of scene xD

and this episode, is the most enjoyable episode so far to me. i really enjoyed it a lot. not that hyped or filled with a huge amount of thrill like in the previous, previous episode, well, it's hyped, but i kinda more enjoyed this episode rather than feeling any hyped or thrill. i felt the thrill but....yeah....probably because of that ending xD

back on the story, i knew it, it was the dog. and that dog pissed me of so much at how OP it is LOL. "if he saw someone or somepeople lives is/are on the verge of death, he can't ignore it just like it ain't nothing to him" that is the kind of person subaru is. not that i dislike it, instead, it's great for the character development between Subaru and Rem. definitely because of this episode, i'm getting to like Rem more than before. and......wait! did he really died again ? LOL pls no. let's warp things up here kay m8 ? xD XD i wouldn't mind but......let's just warp it up :D

maybe Rem could be one of my fav character xD
let's just see. looking foward for the next episode.
May 29, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
Ardanaz said:
Thread cleaned from offtopic posts and posts asking where to watch the episode.

At the cost of getting spoiled... I'm a few eps behind

I'm speechless. Sasuga our Ardanaz-sama
May 29, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
What I'm mystified by is the fact that Roswald left the mansion, something he never did before. Just which of Subaru's actions made him do so? My theories are...

1. Subaru's Witch Smell became too strong and he went to do something to deal with Subaru, with whatever is causing the smell or to research it
2. I'm sure that sooner or later a character will appear who will retain their memories every time Subaru loops (seeing as he loops in order to accomplish something for the Witch or someone, I guess that the old timeline gets destroyed after he dies, similar to looping in Undertale). Roswald, who is supposed to be an extremely powerful mage, is someone that I could see being able to retain his memories (though originally I thought Beatrice retained her memories, but seems I was wrong)
May 29, 2016 2:47 PM

Apr 2015
Well, that was surprisingly boring.
May 29, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Hongu said:
Yeah the censoring is probably just the Chinese being Chinese again. The show has been relatively brutal for a modern TV anime.

Yeah they throw a tantrum very fast over there. I mean Kabaneri stopped airing entirely because of that.

they really stopped airing it just because of that? *face palm*
May 29, 2016 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
What the fuck? Don't tell me Subaru is going to die again?

May 29, 2016 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
can i take a second to say that this anime is the 1st one to make me watch almost all episodes 2 times on the day it comes out? i rarely do that to any other episodes lol

hope they don't die...

rem was cute af this episode =O that horn and that ferocious mode =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 29, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2007
Nayrael said:
What I'm mystified by is the fact that Roswald left the mansion, something he never did before. Just which of Subaru's actions made him do so? My theories are...

1. Subaru's Witch Smell became too strong and he went to do something to deal with Subaru, with whatever is causing the smell or to research it
2. I'm sure that sooner or later a character will appear who will retain their memories every time Subaru loops (seeing as he loops in order to accomplish something for the Witch or someone, I guess that the old timeline gets destroyed after he dies, similar to looping in Undertale). Roswald, who is supposed to be an extremely powerful mage, is someone that I could see being able to retain his memories (though originally I thought Beatrice retained her memories, but seems I was wrong)

If Roswaal were to actually remember Subaru he would currently be trying to kill him considering the last loop he blamed him for the maid deaths and was intent on attacking him.

Most likely his behavior changed because in this loop they are all the more convinced that Subaru is a spy.

GD1551 said:
Fai said:

Yeah I agree, I only called the dog because of the last episode. I'm glad I avoided the other discussion threads tbh. I suppose it was pretty obvious Rem and Ram are demons on top of that, there was so much straight up obvious scenes that it shouldn't be a surprise.

What I wonder though is if someone in the village was in on it since the barrier was broken and it's obvious the mabeasts couldn't do it.

Its the nature of mal. It happens with every show that has a source material. Somebody spoils themselves, then makes "theories" and then talks about how predictable and expected the outcome is.
I am trying to filter what I read here for last 5 threads or so. Thankfully so far it is working.

I guess we should be happy that no "famous" youtube got spoiled and then proceeded to "make theories" about this show here.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
Today, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.