Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol and that's why it's not a good idea to piss off Josuke. Too bad for Angelo.

About roughly ..3-4 chapters adapted. Glad to see they're able to finish adapting the Angelo parts for this episode and move on to the next part. I liked Josuke and Kouichi's chemistry this episode as well. Cool to see Nijimura's appearance too and poor Kouichi, pretty fun stuff.

Apr 15, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
The Hand was animated beautifully well.
Great episode as per usual.

An OVA episode was also announced (Rohan spin off).
TheMaster100Apr 15, 2016 9:05 AM
Apr 15, 2016 9:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TheMaster100 said:

Oh cool, but who is Rohan again?
Apr 15, 2016 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
Tokoya said:
TheMaster100 said:

An upcoming main character.

He has several spinoff manga
Apr 15, 2016 10:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
"Yo, Angelo". Koichi doesn't seem to be in good shape. The Hand was an awesome stand! This arc may go on for another two more episodes.
Apr 15, 2016 10:09 AM
Mar 2016
Well, I expected this one to cover a bit more of this arc of the manga, but it was still quite enjoyable.
Apr 15, 2016 10:10 AM
Mar 2016
TheMaster100 said:

Source? It's not that I don't trust your word, I just want to see it for myself.
Apr 15, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
I just really love the atmosphere that this show is giving. Props due the director and the composer for setting the mood well. Really liked the soundtrack that played during Okuyasu's fight.

The Hand was animated well. Really like the sound effect for it.
Apr 15, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
Nice episodes once again, but the lack of budget compared to Stardust is really showing. I really hope the BD looks better, Duwang deserves more than that :(
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 15, 2016 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
Wataru Takagi is simply perfect as Okuyasu. So glad that he got to reprise his role.
Apr 15, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
Nice episodes once again, but the lack of budget compared to Stardust is really showing. I really hope the BD looks better, Duwang deserves more than that :(
As many will point out there isnt anything lacking. In fact its animated far smoother. Please stop confusing art with animation.
Apr 15, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 2014
Angelo needs to learn how to pay better attention.

So, there are natural stand users, and a bow and arrow that can be used to unlock the stands from ordinary people--as was done with Dio. Crazy.

Seeing Koichi get shot in the neck with that arrow was... savage.

5/5
aikaflipApr 15, 2016 10:49 AM
Apr 15, 2016 10:46 AM

Mar 2008
galimx said:
Nidhoeggr said:

The animation is way better than in SC.
Its not that big of a difference in budget really. And also the budget isnt everything. The staff involved and their skill is more important. OPM had low budget yet still amazing production values, because of skilled animators and their desire/will. I think they are doing great job with the adaptation of part 4 for now.

Yeah, I agree. This adaptation has a lot of talented people working on it and has great shining moments. They're being really creative with the transitions between scenes and how the Stands comes to life. And though this episode had a restricted budget and a more padding pacing, the scenes with The Hand were amazing.

Apr 15, 2016 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
Not as good as episode 2. Episode 2 was wonderfully made cause of its pacing and great animation. This episode had some moments which were actually weird to look at but all in all still great and especially the direction of the story.
Maybe I'm just a bit to cocky and expect to much from DP.

I love how the Angelo stone is a thing now.
Apr 15, 2016 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Although not as much as Season 1, Stardust Crusaders was often stiff as a board. They placed the animation where it really "matter"ed here in this ep.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Apr 15, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
okuyasu's stand sure is handy. i already know all of this from the manga but i'm still really pumped to see what's next.

Apr 15, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2007
Another great episode. Okuyasu is just the kind of character I imagined he'd be, I just hope he isn't too predictable in the future. The Hand has some sweet abilities too~
Apr 15, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2015
The ending added stuff not present in the second episode ending.

Happy hunting!
Apr 15, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
moodie said:
Nidhoeggr said:
As many will point out there isnt anything lacking. In fact its animated far smoother. Please stop confusing art with animation.

Eh, compare the way Stands materialize for example. The style is idfferent sure, but it also lends itself a bit more to budget cutting than the one in Stardust. This reminds me a lot more of 2012 in the way they utilize their budget.
Apr 15, 2016 11:10 AM
Apr 2014
I sure hope this isn't gonna be just 39 episodes, it's gonna be a disaster if it is.

TheMaster100 said:

Good news, some of them are great.
Drake1000Apr 15, 2016 11:16 AM
Apr 15, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2009
I believe they can wrap it up in the next episode. Hoping they don't face the same problems SC did - horrible pacing.

The animation is actually ok. Flat colors actually give this more of an identity and when they have action scenes, it looks better than previous seasons.
Apr 15, 2016 11:32 AM
Mar 2008
I dont know, but the more i watch JoJo Diamond, the more disapointed i get with some points.
The OP is ok but thats about it. It seems to me, the longer JoJo runs, the less badass and more just "ok" the OP gets. So yeah, i think "Sono Chi no Sadame" its still the best one. But not only that, even the last OP from JoJo Stardust had more that badass element/feeling to it than Diamond. There i am asking what happened here. Again, not that its bad, its just............ok.
The colors are great overall but i cant get used to Jotaro's white Style. I dont really think it fits him as a person wearing white. Not only that black looked way better but it also fits his personality more. Yeah, here he is more "normal" (yeah, wrong word but whatever) than before as he was more like a bit introvert, but still, that white look doesnt really fit him. Especially with that constant wierd transiction with his hair from white to black and then that somewhat ridiculous heart and J on there.
AND there are no "manly poses" anymore (at least until now) so............what happened here?
For the rest..............yeah, nice until now. Let us all greet the all mighty Angelo statue.
Apr 15, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
Damn! This ep was awesome! Idk if Kouichi gets a stand, but it would be awesome if he did!
Apr 15, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2011
I'm finding the animation to be pretty awful myself. It's several notches down from SC, and unless David Pro has finally learned their lesson from previous seasons, it will probably continue to deteriorate near the end. I'm trying not to let it bother me that much though. The 2012 series was still very good despite having the same issue.

It's worth noting that on the Stardust Crusaders page, they initially only had the first 6 volumes listed, then they added another part with the "Egypt season" or whatever you want to call it. It's still separated on there. The fact that they have 13 volumes listed for DiU from the onset is troubling though and very well may indicate the final ep count.
Apr 15, 2016 11:41 AM
Mar 2013
Enyaba still lurking somehow.

LOL at that jotaro and josuke's mom part.
Apr 15, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
Great to see they finished Angelo's part this episode and introduced the concept of the bow and arrow at the same time. The fight against and Okuyasu wasn't overwhelming but managed to at least give a first taste of The Hand's abilities.

galimx said:
Tokoya said:

A guy who will soon show up here. The most fabulous one.

Kira disagrees :P
Apr 15, 2016 12:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I found the scene with Josuke's mom hugging Jotaro hilarious for some reason.

The Hand is one badazz Stand. Properly used it's absolutely lethal.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 15, 2016 12:01 PM

Nov 2012
39 episodes confirmed... sad that one [or more] mini arcs might get cut out :'(

but this episode was amazing! putting the flat nose aside, the animation and scene transitions were too good! feels great to see DP taking up their game
Apr 15, 2016 12:13 PM

Dec 2012

Ohohoo. Okuyasu is finally here.

So happy that they kept his VA from All star fits him perfectly. The sound effects of the hand are so awesome!

Man they have been killing it with this adaptation. I don't remember this early chapters being nearly as good as this. The art really grew on me super fast, I already think part 4 is better in visuals than part 3.

And it's only getting better from here.
Apr 15, 2016 12:17 PM
Mar 2008
galimx said:
MahadoKusanagi said:
I dont know, but the more i watch JoJo Diamond, the more disapointed i get with some points.
The OP is ok but thats about it. It seems to me, the longer JoJo runs, the less badass and more just "ok" the OP gets. So yeah, i think "Sono Chi no Sadame" its still the best one. But not only that, even the last OP from JoJo Stardust had more that badass element/feeling to it than Diamond. There i am asking what happened here. Again, not that its bad, its just............ok.
The colors are great overall but i cant get used to Jotaro's white Style. I dont really think it fits him as a person wearing white. Not only that black looked way better but it also fits his personality more. Yeah, here he is more "normal" (yeah, wrong word but whatever) than before as he was more like a bit introvert, but still, that white look doesnt really fit him. Especially with that constant wierd transiction with his hair from white to black and then that somewhat ridiculous heart and J on there.
AND there are no "manly poses" anymore (at least until now) so............what happened here?
For the rest..............yeah, nice until now. Let us all greet the all mighty Angelo statue.

lmao this is really nitpicking but here we go: Jotaro wears white because he is now grown up and became a marine biologist. Thats his outfit. He was wearing black with chains when he was a teen, edgy teen, or a high school delinquent. Now he is a grown up man, no need to wear the edgy clothes. In part 3, black was fitting. Now, white is better. Get over it.
Also, Angelo posed in episode 2 while he killed the dog and dog user. What are you talking about?
And the opening, it fits the mood and style of part 4 perfectly. No need to be badass. Yeah, the cgi openings were cool, but life is not full of flowers.

Tell me something new.
I know Jotaro's current status. I still think it doesnt fit. Its not even the white itself (which i still dont really like), its more that weird transition from white to his black hair, especially when he's far away (like in this episode) and that not fitting heart and J.
If you think that Angelo posed enough, then good for you. I didnt see the same.
Who is talking about CGI? I dont care about that. I am talking about the overall feel. If it works for you, then congratulations.
Apr 15, 2016 12:19 PM
Jul 2014
Good episode, really enjoyed the fight with Josuke and Okuyasu. Also the Tomoko scene with Jotaro was really funny. It looks like this fight won't finish by next episode judging by the number of chapters left and the current pacing, but I'm honestly fine with that.
Apr 15, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
I loved this ep, the sound effects were very great.
Apr 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
Kellhus said:
I'm finding the animation to be pretty awful myself. It's several notches down from SC, and unless David Pro has finally learned their lesson from previous seasons, it will probably continue to deteriorate near the end. I'm trying not to let it bother me that much though. The 2012 series was still very good despite having the same issue.

Finally someone that agrees with me, I was getting worried here for a second. And yes, Duwang is still Duwang but after SC I expected... more.
Apr 15, 2016 12:36 PM
Mar 2014
Nidhoeggr said:

I agree. Some of the scenes this episode looked really... off.
Apr 15, 2016 12:51 PM
Apr 2015
I was expecting Koichi to be portrayed much more bloody, still geat episode tho
Apr 15, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
Okuyasu is finally here! His Stand is awesome, too bad he is not very bright xD

Interesting the thing about Angelo and the Stands created artificially by that Arrow who also created The World.

Cannot wait for the fight against the elder Nijimura.
Apr 15, 2016 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
Some people actually think that 2012 had the best animation.
They were actually below average. It was even barely animated and the shading looked ridiculously bad. No idea what you are thinking maybe it's just satire?
Apr 15, 2016 1:02 PM
Aug 2011
MahadoKusanagi said:
I know Jotaro's current status. I still think it doesnt fit. Its not even the white itself (which i still dont really like), its more that weird transition from white to his black hair, especially when he's far away (like in this episode) and that not fitting heart and J.
If you think that Angelo posed enough, then good for you. I didnt see the same.
Who is talking about CGI? I dont care about that. I am talking about the overall feel. If it works for you, then congratulations.

Well you're going to have a hard time adjusting to anything during/after this if you keep clinging onto what Jojo used to look like, ESPECIALLY Jotaro.
Now I won't disagree about scenes not being as polished as i'd like them to so that might lend itself to people's distaste about the visuals but the weird as hell white hathair transition and the heart and J on said hathair is DP being loyal concerning Jotaro's current wardrobe.

As for the posing, uhmm okay, awkward concern but I get where you are coming from. It'll come and go depending which character is going to be on screen.
Though I heard some Italian gangstars like to pose a lot. So the pose is not dead.

tsudecimo said:
I don't remember this early chapters being nearly as good as this.

It's because they weren't. :x
standApr 15, 2016 1:56 PM
Apr 15, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
Nycro said:

2012 looked way worse than Duwang and was in general not impressive on the aniamtion front, but there is no denying that Stardust overall was better produced so far.
Apr 15, 2016 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
Nycro said:

2012 looked way worse than Duwang and was in general not impressive on the aniamtion front, but there is no denying that Stardust overall was better produced so far.

Yet this part has better directing than SC so far.
Apr 15, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2013
The only problem I have with the quality is that the art it less detailed, especially the faces, which also shows in the animation.

First half was slow :(
Bow and Arrow creates stands :O
Nijimura and The Hand seems cool, he's just hanging out with the wrong people.
ichii_1Apr 15, 2016 1:12 PM
Apr 15, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2012
I love how the stands are brought to live, and how the soundtrack is perfect for the few episodes we have seen so far. I'm still unhappy about the art style regarding the faces of the characters though. It would look way more like the Manga if they are willing to add more shading and other details. They probably went for lesser details so that it'll fit in with the environment (colorful, cartoony, and not much details). Every time I go on the Wikia and move between the Manga/Anime faces of Josuke, I can't help but dislike how chiseled he looks. It lacks the sleekness that you see near the end of Part IV manga and so on.

I just hope that if they adapt Part V, they would go for the manga look more (add more lines and shading details onto the faces). Giorno would look absolutely disgusting if it uses this art style. Just freaking try to photoshop Giorno's face to imitate the style of the anime (remove the lip shading, some of the nose lines, alter the face shading). It would look completely different.

TheMaster100 said:

Yet this part has better directing than SC so far.

Indeed. Better directing, but less detailed art style.
SamhiuyApr 15, 2016 1:19 PM
Apr 15, 2016 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode!
Okuyasu is cool.
We now know how Dio got a Stand.
Could the arc and bow be left from the Pillar Men, I can't think of any other way to create such amazing things.
And lol with Josuke's mother.
Apr 15, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2010
While I really like the fight between Josuke and Nijimura...but thus far the art style really makes the anime feel cheap at times :(.

Oh well, still a good episode.
Apr 15, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
ichii_1 said:
The only problem I have with the quality is that the art it less detailed, especially the faces, which also shows in the animation.

First half was slow :(
Bow and Arrow creates stands :O
Nijimura and The Hand seems cool, he's just hanging out with the wrong people.

"Less detailed."
Well the linework is mostly amazing or even the best I've seen. I'm fine with it... SC's details were a bit to much for me. Furthermore DP uses the less detailed backgrounds really well through zooming in/out or moving the camera.
Apr 15, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2015
Ending got modified; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORYfTJdJIiU

Tokoya said:
TheMaster100 said:

A fabulous character.
Apr 15, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2010
Jojo continues with the greatness.
Apr 15, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
Nycro said:
They were actually below average. It was even barely animated and the shading looked ridiculously bad. No idea what you are thinking maybe it's just satire?

Yeah the darker-skinned characters and even Joseph himself looked like they got spray-tans or something XDD
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Apr 15, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
I don't see how more shading and bulky details equals to better production values.

Art and animation in part 3 were so stiff and lifeless, it felt like there is a disconnect between the characters and the backgrounds. Part 4 is a lot more smooth, and it's particularly noticeable when Stands start to appear.
Apr 15, 2016 1:46 PM
Mar 2011
Did any1 of you even notice that story fluke about Joseph Joestar??? AFAIK he died during Stardust Crusaders but in this episode Jotaro says as he is alive and kickin (tho very old). Only thing that checks in is that they killed Dio...

So I am kinda confused.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.