Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2016 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that must be cold.

Good episode, I got an adventurous vibe with the cave and the boys exploring it. Plus, what they discovered own there is something I find unbelievable. Like a whole entire mushroom-like land of DAYON. Wow. Amazing.

Stark700Mar 14, 2016 11:13 AM
Mar 14, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
No more heater and mind conversation and attack to get others to get extra oil. Everyone saying the youngest should be the scariest, but it's OnoD's character who is the scariest. Not only he got soup for himself, but also nominated HiroC's character to get it.

The older group are somehow in in place full of Dayo~n people. There are many kinds of Dayo~n people, even giant. So they are in Dayo~n's stomach? (Because young group, who went to search them, got captured, too) They got deeper with drunk Dayo~n walking unstably and saw older group became Dayo~n people. HiroC's character is even about to get married. Wow, Miyu-Miyu's character's kick!! Miyu-Miyu's character's convince is not enough, it's Dayo~n girl who convinced them to go back. Dayo~n conversation is WTF...

OnoD's character ED another verse ver. He's more like OnoD himself with that voice.

Idol girl crying in preview? Two stories next and two more eps.
tsubasaloverMar 14, 2016 10:07 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 14, 2016 11:05 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol the first half was really funny with everyone deciding who needs to get the kerosene. That mind game, it gave me some Gintama vibes. The second half with all those Dayon people was funny and creepy. When Dayon got hit by that truck, I died XD. The ending either weirdly sad, or sadly weird.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMar 14, 2016 11:09 AM
Mar 14, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
The first half proved that Ichimatsu is the realest Matsu, even compared to Jyushimatsu.

Didn't like the second part too much though, but I think that's more just because I hate Dayon.
Mar 14, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Dark Jyuushimatsu returns... It's a shame I don't speak Dayon because I had no clue how to interpret all the Dayon-ing. Were they like Pokemon? Anyways, great episode.
I need sleep.
Mar 14, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
The episode really shows how much I enjoy the brothers relationship with each other. The brothers really care more about saving themselves rather than their own brothers. I'm tried of the friendship power where you risk your life saving someone else, so this is a treat. I actually really like the sounds Dayon makes.
Mar 14, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2015
The first part was hilarious, especially with everyone expecting Jyushi to not be evil enough to pretend haha- guess again :P

The second part was so weird though, I had no idea whether i was supposed to be sad or laugh at it i'm still so confused so i couldn't agree more with Totty at the end there holy crap
Kara's scream in the preview was amazing xD
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Mar 14, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
Jyuushimatsu scary XDDD OMG
Totty you sly devil OMG XDDD >: 0

Dayon Tribe Whoa

Two more episode

(Karamatsu Screaming) NOOOOO T_______T
Mar 14, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2009
So they finally ended up as Shittymatsus.
Mar 14, 2016 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
The first part was hilarious LOL I really love Totty. I like how he never hesitates to act out the evil things he want to do to his brothers.... =u=

I've always find the "Dayooooon"-ing endearing, but too much in one sitting was not. The girl Dayon was so sweet though.

Also, who told Jyushimatsu to say all those sweet things in the ED song? Omg??? "I also like sweets, but remember this, okay? Boku no main dish wa kimi dayo. (My main dish is you.)" He even said there'll be more sweet time with him from now on. WHOO *fans self* Jyushi?? He also called himself "Sweet prince, Matsuno Jyushimatsu" at the very end xD

I actually want to see an episode called "Karamatsu of Love" LOL
Ugh I want an announcement for a third cour already ;;;
Mar 14, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2010
Kotatsu part was absolutely hilarious XD All dem hilarious faces as usual lol
Dem Juicy eyes were creepy asf.

Dat Dayoooon part tho O_o
Mar 14, 2016 2:27 PM

Nov 2015
How did a mind game on who gets the kerosene go to an adventure in Dayonland??

It's sad that Choromatsu and co. has to leave, it reminds me of what happened to Jyushimatsu and Chibita ;~; I hope there will be a third cour or a second season announced.

Jyushimatsu was so scary in this episode.
Mar 14, 2016 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
I live in a flat with no heating and getting out of bed to do anything is hell so I laughed a lot at this episode. I didn't expect the Dayon half to be joined to Kerosene, I loved this so much!

As usual I was Ichimatsu trash and very happy to see him the other younger brothers scheme and be butts. It's nice seeing more older-younger half split, then there's the older three like lol let's drink and be shits too, love it!

I love Jyushimatsu but those faces are terrifying. Also as usual, poor Kara!

I really liked Choromatsu's near wife, they were super cute and she was so encouraging!
Mar 14, 2016 2:49 PM

Oct 2009
i want to become Dayon as well. that would be a happy, easy life.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Mar 14, 2016 2:59 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was very adventurish, I liked it. Also the way the stories were connected together was cool.
Mar 14, 2016 3:23 PM

Jan 2015
Lmao the first half was hilarious.
As for the second half, I didn't even know what was going on.
Mar 14, 2016 3:32 PM
Dec 2015
I love the first half, I wonder if they can telepathy since everyone just speak on their mind
I like dark jyushimatsu and why he choose choromatsu (not because choro is HiroC right?)
for second half ... ok ...
Mar 14, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2011
I hope Kimagure Karamatsu Road will be announced soon.
Mar 14, 2016 4:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
[DAYON INTENSIFIES]
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 14, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2010
lmao when Kara sat with Totty like it's nothing and gave him this "ha ha. you aint messing with me this time burozaa" and totty is like "damn u. also stop showing off" I love that little eye-contact. Also that groan. Best moment of this episode to be honest.

Okay Kara deciding to express his love by not filling the kerosene in order to teach his brothers a 'lesson' I won't call him an idiot this episode, his opinion is valid. Live a more carefree life Kara, you deserve it.

God Oso rubbing that tissue through Ichi's nose and mouth creeped me out. Also, Totty pls. You think rubbing a freakin tissue in such a way to the point that the victim burns to crisp is apparently "wit" Congratz, you are as smart as they say you are.

Totty face is back in all its glory lmao
but honestly im so done with these idiots (not including Kara. I alrdy said I'm going easy on him this week) The effort they put in NOT doing work is actually rlly impressive. And Totty is pretty much a terrorist, killing others along with himself by opening the window on such a freezing night. This pink idjit.

Jyushi just walked out from the set of some horror movie I swear. And actually the way others underestimate him kinda annoys me. Anyways, he's totally two-faced, too so meh idc. Rip Tenshimatsu (though I stopped believing in such a being long time ago)

Ok I tried. I honestly tried. But damn you Kara. also damn your "cold! oh cold! .. uuh..!" There, I said it. Feels great. You deserve this one more.

Totty screaming and crying as a crazy Jyushi rolls around, I loved that lmao
Did I just witness Jyushi choking Ichi almost to death? No, I didn't. Some things are better left unseen.

Kara:"Are you okay, Choromatsu! I'll help you now, Choromatsu! -keep running away-"
Choro: "Then stop Kusomatsu!" lmao that parody was on-spot. Good job to both of them

I swear. just who wrote this episode?? Give them some award coz dat "aaah! uuuuuh.... Yahoo!" killed me hard. Twice.

Okay, an unexpectedly touching scene... only to be ruined by Kara's "huhuh...a.... huh.." (note that this nerd is weeping)Thanks a lot.

Kara in the preview tho. Nakamura's range is really something, almost thought that's Choro/Kamiya for a second. But honestly, Nakamura is doing a stellar job with Kara esp. now that he's gotten used to him. Every little noise he makes is golden. Anyways, Rip Karamatsu girls. Not that there was any to begin with (talking about in-series)
TragicRomanceMar 14, 2016 4:49 PM
Mar 14, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
This was a great damn episode, this really felt like a gintama episode with the absurd adventure this kind of escalated into, this show is such a treat and it got better as it went on, im really sad we only have 2 episodes left after this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
That was one of the weirdest episodes I've seen in a while. I enjoyed first part more than the second though.

Can't wait for next episode. It's gonna be tearjerker, I've heard.
Mar 14, 2016 6:16 PM

May 2015
Justaway and Elizabeth cameo!

CtrlZEDMar 14, 2016 6:23 PM
Mar 14, 2016 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Totty crying while Jyushimatsu freaked out was the best part.
Mar 14, 2016 6:45 PM

Nov 2013
The first half had its moment but the second half was kinda boring. Still, what a ride
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 14, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2016
Funny episode!
Jyusi--too scary in first part ;-; I prefer Jyushimats and Ichimatsu in second part :'> Poor Todomatsu xD
Is dat India's cultures? And i catched something wow like kecak dance from Bali and primitive things as papua/nugini's like culture. I don't know what was going on there, but it's definitely a mess.

We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Mar 15, 2016 12:59 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was relatable and sort of touching in a very strange way... The first part was relatable because yeah, no heating is terrible and I sleep like Jyuushimatsu everyday in winter. Second part because I'm in that stage right now with the lack of motivation and wanting to become on of those Dayon in the village. It'd be actually emotional if those weren't Dayons and their vocabulary wasn't just "dayon." I liked how the villagers(?) wanted them to stay, but also knew that it wasn't good for them to stay because deep down the three matsus would like to do something with their lives.

Choromatsu's line really resonated with me: "I really want to go back to the outside world and get a job, and be a proper person. I can't keep up with anything, I keep trying to look like I'm job hunting, but all I'm actually doing is Chorofappysking in my room everyday."

Well replace the Chorofappysking part with "using laptop" and it'd be my exact situation. I do have a part time job at least tho The trying to look like I'm job hunting part is too real though, it actually hurts.
Mar 15, 2016 1:11 AM

Sep 2013
Mayuka said:
That was one of the weirdest episodes I've seen in a while. I enjoyed first part more than the second though.

I hope not because this is comedy series
Mar 15, 2016 1:17 AM

Jul 2012
desertkona said:
Mayuka said:

Well, episode 9 happened so...lol
Mar 15, 2016 1:22 AM

Sep 2013
Mayuka said:
desertkona said:

Hahaha I know that feel, I say WTF but the feel train take me away lol
Mar 15, 2016 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
lmao this was so funny, especially the first part
jyushimatsu still rules i see <3
and lol, him in the second part
first he's like "waaaa"
then "whoaaaa"
then "yaay" lmao in dayon's mouth when he got sucked in
so funny
Mar 15, 2016 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
damn all that just so no one fills the Kerosene lol and dayon has a tribe inside of him? that's weird
Mar 15, 2016 2:41 AM
Feb 2011
It was a really great and amusing episode up till that retarded shit with Dayon happened.
Mar 15, 2016 4:48 AM

Jan 2009
Bwahahaha the first part was so great. Very relate-able comedy :--d

Okay that was a bit too much DAYOOOOON, it's been better when the DAYOOOON came out of freakin' nowhere, not the whole hearing DAYOOOON.

Still, the second part was still good, like the usual Osomatsu-san :D
Mar 15, 2016 5:53 AM
Dec 2009
The first half of this episode is me every morning here in Japan. It is so hard to get up and move when your house is freezing!

The second half was honestly kind of creepy. The DAYON character has never really grown on me...
Mar 15, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
Mayuka said:
desertkona said:

And the second half of the 5th episode.
Mar 15, 2016 4:10 PM
Mar 2016
Kara is always bullied. Poor kara. How could ichi do that to him in second half.

Kara is the most kindness brother.
on episode 5, he was put to near death by his brothers but still he does not hate but love them. Typically, if this thing happens to normal people, even family relationship will of course corrupt.
on episode 15, he is the only one who was worried about chibita. He cared even that ugly fairy.
on episode 16, he helped pretending ichi.
and on this episode 23, he already went out for kerosene 2 times for his brothers.

i hope there will be a full good episode for him. not just troll in preview or something like episode 5.

oh and he is the only one who can play guitar.
also todo used to work in coffee shop. so these two are not totally garbage.

But for the rest four, they really do nothing.
baka_matsuMar 15, 2016 11:14 PM
Mar 16, 2016 1:10 AM
Mar 2016
I don't think Osomatsu-san is a pure comedy series in the first place. Or, in other words, those most enjoyable and worth chewing comedies refer to some tragedy in real life.

So just imagine in the second part, everyone in Dayoon's world used to be someone from the outside. The Dayoon girl let the matsuno brothers go back to the real life because they still have hope in the real life, whereas they were transformed to Dayoons so long ago so and there's no going back.

That's where the tears come from, I believe.

And I liked how the matsuno brothers' personalities have changed in the past 23 episodes.

Example: choromatsu used to overestimate himself and thought he was at a higher level than his brothers. Then he slowly realized his self conscious is too strong and tried to communicate with that part of him self (clue: ep 23, he was reading a book "how to handle self conscious"). And his confession at the Dayoon part of ep 23 was the drive home point.

Another easier example is that Karamatsu refused his brothers for the first time in ep 23.

Seems that I've scribbled a lot. Sorry for the pointlessness!
Mar 16, 2016 9:21 AM

Mar 2014
Dark Jyuushimatsu is adorable AF

Also holy shit that ED song was quality otome CD material
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 16, 2016 2:03 PM

Dec 2014
Another good episode of Osomatsu-san... man I can't get enough of this anime! It's a shame only 2 episodes are left. It just get more enjoyable as you can identify each character + their 'stereotypes'/nicknames. The VAs make it much worthwhile too and you can tell they're really enjoying it. c:
Mar 17, 2016 4:17 AM

Nov 2013
This shit is aots. And that by far.
Mar 17, 2016 11:42 AM

Jan 2012
KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD REFERENCE NEXT TIME

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 17, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2012
Lmao the epitome of laziness on that first half.
Second half Dayooooooooooooon!
Mar 18, 2016 7:42 AM

Jul 2009
The first part was great, everyone trying to get everyone else to do it ... then Jyuushimatsu was awake the whole time! :P The second half was uh ... VERY unexpected O_O They got sucked into Dayon and the Dayon tribe ... oh boy lol. I'd totally be like Totty and be like "... wtf is happening" XD At least they managed to get out but not in the best way ... though that's what I expected tbh :P
Mar 18, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
First half was awesome. Second half was really weird but I liked it.
:)
Mar 19, 2016 1:47 AM

Aug 2009
Why specifically Gintama references? When was Dayon in Edo? o_O
Mar 19, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2015
First part is DEFFFF one of my favorite eps... I LOVE THOSE MIND GAMES hahaha and their FACES, how they... *DUN * ... *DUN* stare at each other with always the same eyes XD
best part is KARAMATSU doing the same face and forcing himself next to TODOMATSU, so unexpected to see those two interacting :')))))))
"We're getting comments from people who feel sorry for me!"
- Karamatsu

TragicRomance said:
he freakin got scared of the incoming object and rushed towards the window only to get stuck in it.
Mar 19, 2016 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
Such a great episode, I had Gintama vibes during all the episode.
Mar 19, 2016 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
It's been a while, i really lol'd in this episode... The 2nd op theme is also very good.
Mar 19, 2016 4:37 PM

Feb 2015
another weird but wonderful episodayon
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this worth the watch?

Furuba_2801taku - Sep 6, 2020

10 by Old_School_Akira »»
Apr 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2015

82 by LainConnected »»
Mar 30, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

128 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2016

58 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2016

55 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.