Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol this episode was funny, mostly because of Araragi coming close to a few calls. And the weird scenery at the underground mines made it thrilling as well.

A lot of interesting camera shots episode as well too. The OP song is adorable :3
Stark700Feb 21, 2016 3:19 AM
Feb 21, 2016 2:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That was probably the best portrayal of Kanbaru's house so far. Neither Second Season nor Hanamonogatari can compare.

Tsukihi fell for the deceit pretty easily. But once again, it wasn't really Araragi that came up with it, but one of his close companions, which in this case was Kanbaru.

Serious stuff incoming soon.

Feb 21, 2016 7:11 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Platinum Disco is the OP for this episode! Nice to see Tsukihi in this episode. Kanbaru's collection of books will never fail to impress me.

5/5
Feb 21, 2016 7:12 PM
Jun 2011
Memor said:
How and where did you watch this so early? It's been over a day since you posted and I still can't find it available anywhere. Not just subbed, I can't even find the raw.

Sorry if I'm being stupid.

This show is being distributed through an app(hence the low quality on all episodes), so somebody needs to rip it from there before it gets uploaded anywhere else. Also, subs so far have been adapted from the english fan translation of the novel and after next week's episode those will have been exhausted.
Feb 22, 2016 8:21 AM
Jan 2013
Someone knows who is the character in the ED between Ougi and Nadeko ?
Feb 22, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
I could listen to Platinum Disco for days. It's one of my favorite -gatari openings

Feb 22, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2014
Kewynhe said:
Someone knows who is the character in the ED between Ougi and Nadeko ?

If I remember who are you talking about, I think she's Araragi's Mother.
LeviathanTheEspFeb 22, 2016 6:14 PM
Feb 22, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2015
Remind me of Hachikuji, but more dangerous.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 22, 2016 11:40 PM

Dec 2014
Finally, a more efficient way to clean Kanbaru's room.
I need sleep.
Feb 23, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2013
Glorious return of Platinum Disco :3 Tsukihi is really scary when she enters in a tantrum. Kanbaru's house will never cease to surprise me.

Tsukihi was easily deceived... or it was Araragi? xD
Feb 23, 2016 7:42 AM

Oct 2015
Vindstot said:
That was probably the best portrayal of Kanbaru's house so far. Neither Second Season nor Hanamonogatari can compare.

Tsukihi fell for the deceit pretty easily. But once again, it wasn't really Araragi that came up with it, but one of his close companions, which in this case was Kanbaru.

Serious stuff incoming soon.

Kanbaru's house was the highlight of this episode for me. Kanbaru and Hachikuji are my favorites.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 23, 2016 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
This show needs more Platinum Disco. Lots more Platinum Disco. Other than that, I can't really say much of this episode, Kanbaru's house aside, actually impressed me. Even for these side stories, this was really quite dull.
Feb 23, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
that nice OP is back
Feb 23, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2015
LOL DAT Op song XD Platinum Disco XD XD
intersting episode overall. i like the case in this episode too even thought it was a little bit similiar from the previous episode :)
i think Tea Club member, Tsukihi's friends ignore her explanation because it wouldn't be interesting if the case ended like that :D people like interesting things y'know :D
even thought they know the fact, but they still doesn't want to admit it because it wouldn't be interesting at all. that is what i thought :)
i don't think araragi warp things up in this episode. Kanbaru did it :D. she is kinda smart to make that kind of lie XD
i wonder who will make an appearence next week....
Bjartskular said:
Vindstot said:

Kanbaru's house was the highlight of this episode for me. Kanbaru and Hachikuji are my favorites.

i agree with that. i like it a lot :D
Feb 23, 2016 1:23 PM

Oct 2015
Late but safe. As we say in my country jajaja.
Nice chap. I love tsukihi's hairstyle. Nice resolution of problem. I love so much this opening.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Feb 23, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
Kanbaru's collection is very impressive.
Feb 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Sep 2013
Tevens said:
i wonder who will make an appearance next week....

Well, I think all of the girls have taken their rounds already....i wonder too who is gonna be next...probably they will start with Hanekawa again, like the 1st episode :)
Feb 23, 2016 6:29 PM

May 2012
Nice episode. And Suruga for once being smart to come up with a conclusion. Never have enough of Tsukihi's cute yet dangerous attitude. And of course, I always love Platinum Disco! :3

Tevens said:

i wonder who will make an appearence next week....
A possibility would be Ougi and Nadeko appearing according to the timeline chart from another site, Koyomi Mountain might be next and we might get Ougi's opening song "Decent Black" from Owarimonogatari. Or having Nadeko's opening song from Otorimonogatari ("Mousou Express").

Feb 23, 2016 6:37 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
fortuna89 said:
Tevens said:
i wonder who will make an appearance next week....

Well, I think all of the girls have taken their rounds already....i wonder too who is gonna be next...probably they will start with Hanekawa again, like the 1st episode :)

There are girls that have yet to be featured. Next is Koyomi Mountain with Ougi. Then we've got Koyomi Torus with Shinobu, Koyomi Seed with Yotsugi, Koyomi Nothing with Kagenui and lastly Koyomi Dead with Izuko.

Feb 23, 2016 6:47 PM

Sep 2013
Vindstot said:
fortuna89 said:

There are girls that have yet to be featured. Next is Koyomi Mountain with Ougi. Then we've got Koyomi Torus with Shinobu, Koyomi Seed with Yotsugi, Koyomi Nothing with Kagenui and lastly Koyomi Dead with Izuko.

oh shit, how could I forgot about Shinobu :( :( she is one of my favorite Monogatari characters :3 well, I still don't have idea about the others except Shinobu, I finished only Bake- , Nise- and Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

btw, thanks man :)
Feb 23, 2016 6:48 PM

Apr 2014
Kaiki would be proud of that deceivery.
Feb 24, 2016 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Platinum Disco <3333
Feb 25, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
She was definitely the ghost, I guess.
Fino alla fine…
Feb 27, 2016 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
D-ohnuts said:
Koyomi and Tsukihi talk about how she found proof to convince the other members of the tea club that there isn't a ghost, but that they don't believe her.

He talks to Kanbaru about it, and gives the hypothesis that they might be saying that for the sake of Tsukihi, due to her taking extra snacks from there.

2/5

Why do some people just randomly give a synopsis of the episode everyone just watched as their comment?

Some people are weird.
Feb 27, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
ThatDarnIrishMan said:

Why do some people just randomly give a synopsis of the episode everyone just watched as their comment?

Some people are weird.

Because someone kept derailing other discussion threads by arguing with me because I dislike the Monogatari series, all the while accusing me of being the one derailing and going off-topic despite me posting related to the episode and not starting arguments with others.

Recapping the episode is pretty much the only way I can post anything on the episode discussion threads without that happening.
Feb 28, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
D-ohnuts said:
ThatDarnIrishMan said:

Some people are weird.

Because someone kept derailing other discussion threads by arguing with me because I dislike the Monogatari series, all the while accusing me of being the one derailing and going off-topic despite me posting related to the episode and not starting arguments with others.

Recapping the episode is pretty much the only way I can post anything on the episode discussion threads without that happening.

Well, no. If you don't like it, just say you don't like it and who cares if someone responds to you? You could be mature and not respond if you feel someone is targeting you for a fight. If you respond, you are just as bad as them, to be honest because you are helping derail the conversation.

Or if you really are worried about someone challenging you for your opinion, then just don't post. Super simple.

You don't NEED to post a negative message if you hate a series and just want to rate it down, you're just rating it down anyway because you don't like it so there really isn't a conversation worth having with ya about it and your posts by that point are really unimportant. Your posts could honestly just be seen as deliberately challenging the fans. Imagine if you LOVED a show and every single comments section you saw the same guy going "This was shit, 1/10." Everyone gets to a point where they go "Why are you even here? You are just picking a fight."

I don't like AoT that much. I'm gonna watch the new season because I watch pretty much everything. I'm not gonna post on every single forum to say "Another shit episode, the characters suck and the twists are obvious" because that would just be baiting people who are there to post about how much they like the show. It just is pointless and childish.

Would you go to a football game and just sit there going "FOOTBALL IS SHIT. THIS GAME SUCKS. WHY DOES ANYONE LIKE THIS? IT SUCKS!!!!" Of course you wouldn't. That'd be dumb. That's what you're doing here if you keep going to a show you don't like and complaining about it every time. I wouldn't blame someone for challenging you if you were doing that.

I get wanting to give your opinion, but it's already been given, so your points are irrelevant after that. I don't like Schwarezmarken this season and I think I posted in like the first episode or two to say my opinion but I haven't posted in the next six. Why? Because my opinion hasn't changed. If I posted the same message 6 more times and someone called me an idiot for it, they'd be perfectly justified.

Another good example is a anime reviewer I watch called Digibro. He hates SAO so he does reviews nearly on every episode complaining about every point. A lot of people have just started going "Look, we get it, why are you still complaining about this? We get you don't like it." And those are his FANS saying that. People don't see a point in the same point being made constantly, especially if it's a negative one.

You might be like me and just watch everything, regardless of if you think its good or not. If you keep finding yourself in fights though because you keep complaining about the same show whilst forcing yourself to watch it, it's probably more your issue than everyone else's issue. That's coming from personal experience and the dozen fights I've had with people over Code Geass.
ThatDarnIrishManFeb 28, 2016 6:59 AM
Feb 28, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 2014

Well yes, that's precisely why I stopped saying my opinion and just started recapping the episodes, because even I told people to just PM me if they wanted to reply to me rather than derailing the thread, flame wars still started because the same guy blatantly ignored that and kept beating a dead horse even though no one else was doing so. Even though he was doing the same things he was accusing me of with other shows and complaining about people liking them, which at least I wasn't doing. And that's also why I reviewed the show, so I could critique it in a more concise way, because I have more-or-less the same opinion on each season.

But this is off-topic, if you want to continue talking about this, PM me.
D-ohnutsFeb 28, 2016 8:45 AM
Mar 6, 2016 3:04 AM

Jul 2012
I think it was the first time when we see Tsukihi with ponytails. Really like Karen and Tsukihi, so it's refreshing to see them back. But as for the episode i think it was nothing special, liked how Koyomi again casually talked about deceiving his sister.
Mar 20, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2014
Platinum Disco is not only my favorite opening of the Monogatari series but of all time.

I forgot how crazy and violent Tsukihi can be at times lol.
Apr 8, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Not an interesting episode.
Apr 18, 2016 7:34 PM

Feb 2013
Another weak episode... but I never found the sisters to be all that interesting to begin with. You're not Hitagi, so back off with the pen already.
Jun 6, 2016 11:21 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode yet. It had the cutest version of Tsukihi ever (twintails). Also, the mining carts were hilarious. I love that they kept that joke going and took it to that extent. Cute resolution too.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jun 18, 2016 3:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Koyomi Tea. Araragi Tsukihi and talk about ghosts. What is the truth?

--
Koyomi Tea. Tsukihi y Araragi hablan de fantasmas. ¿Cúal será la verdad?
Jul 28, 2016 3:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Platinum Disco is still the finest Monogatari OP.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 20, 2016 12:10 PM
Sep 2015
D-ohnuts said:
ThatDarnIrishMan said:

Some people are weird.

Let me get this straight: you dislike Monogatari series yet you still watch every chapter of every season and take the time to come here and write a review. Wow, and I thought my life was sad...
Nov 20, 2016 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
Raito_Lawliet said:
Let me get this straight: you dislike Monogatari series yet you still watch every chapter of every season and take the time to come here and write a review. Wow, and I thought my life was sad...

Nope; I dislike the Monogatari anime, while the light novels are okay, and I watch the anime because I might as well see how they adapt the remainder of it.

It's not like it wastes more than a few minutes of my time anyway.
Nov 21, 2016 1:18 AM
Sep 2015
D-ohnuts said:
Raito_Lawliet said:

Nope; I dislike the Monogatari anime, while the light novels are okay, and I watch the anime because I might as well see how they adapt the remainder of it.

It's not like it wastes more than a few minutes of my time anyway.

A few minutes of your time? The total amount of all the seasons is a lot more than a few minutes. If I dislike an adaptation I don't see it, no matter how much I love (and you just say "they are okay") the original source. Life it's too short, bro.
Raito_LawlietNov 21, 2016 1:22 AM
Nov 21, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Raito_Lawliet said:

A few minutes of your time? The total amount of all the seasons is a lot more than a few minutes. If I dislike an adaptation I don't see it, no matter how much I love (and you just say "they are okay") the original source. Life it's too short, bro.

It's because everytime I start to watch a show, even if I drop it, I still want to finish watching it.

I said a few minutes, because whenever I watch the show, I always skip or fast-forward through the shots of abstract scenery, close-ups and slow-motion scenes, all of which make up 50% of the content of the show yet don't progress the story, so any given episode doesn't take much more than 10 minutes to watch, and the movie took not even 30 minutes.

It doesn't have anything to do with the content of the show itself, or the dialogue, as Katanagatari has the same type of dialogue, yet has substantially better pacing despite every episode being 45 minutes long.
May 1, 2017 7:25 PM

May 2012
A great but also a quite crazy episode :p up to the next one!
Sep 23, 2017 4:29 AM

Apr 2013
I had the exact same thought as Kanbaru after Tsukihi said that she'll let herself get deceived. I think she knew that her brother way lying :3
Oct 15, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2017
My favorite opening. Tsukihi being cute as always.

Nice.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 2, 2018 2:56 AM

May 2018
Best episode so far. I love this OP *-*
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Apr 6, 2019 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
Ofcourse Tsukihi and Karen get the cutest openings ^^
Solid episode.
I love how Ararararagi was cleaning the room with minecarts :D
May 2, 2019 9:13 PM
Apr 2016
Well, I definitely prefer Karen over Tsukihi, but oh well! Tsukihi is so naive haha, she fell for the lie without hesitation...
May 27, 2019 5:29 AM

Dec 2018
As expected from the Phoenix oddity. And so she got a bird brain in her.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 27, 2019 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
'When you think you're right but everyone picks a different answer, so you just go along with it only to find that you were right' if it was an anime episode
Jul 30, 2020 10:19 PM

Jun 2013
So Kanbaru has a book mine. That explains it.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Aug 26, 2020 10:13 AM

Aug 2020
Mais um episódio descente, nada de mais, nada de menos. I liked!

As reações da Tsukihi são as melhores e me parece que o quarto da Kanbaru piora a cada episódio, qual será a próxima comparação? Um abismo?

//

Another decent episode, nothing much, nothing less. I liked it!

Tsukihi's reactions are the best and it seems to me that Kanbaru's room gets worse each episode, what will be the next comparison? An abyss?

(Sry for potato english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Nov 2, 2020 10:48 AM

Apr 2019
The best OP returns
Platinum Disco

Kanbaru sure loves her BL novels lol.
Mar 30, 2021 11:12 PM

Oct 2016
It's good to hear Platinum Disco again, definitely my platinum favorite OP.

I love the BL mines in Kanbaru's house lmao. Pretty interesting episode about how Tsukihi deals with ghost stories. She got Kaiki'd though by Kanbaru lmao.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

157 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 5, 2016

67 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2016

60 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

67 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

82 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.