Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, this episode feels a bit slow paced.

That's also quite a weird space monkey/creature/beast tbh or whatever that is. Weird. I still find this show's fantasy themes to be interesting though along with its characters. What I also find interesting though is how that creature is getting so attached with some of the others.

Weird/5.
And Jirou's eyes is quite something. That's a power that I think he may even have difficult to control.
Stark700Oct 25, 2015 8:24 AM
Oct 25, 2015 8:27 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Meh, this episode wasn't as good as the last three. It felt boring for most of the time, then when it got interesting, the episode ended :/. Jirou wins best eyes award. Also that beast was pretty cute until...

2/5
GoldenDevilGamerOct 25, 2015 8:40 AM
Oct 25, 2015 8:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode left me speechless tbh....Discrimination, Fear, Hatred, Family and co-existence.....All in one episode

Going by the flashback in the beginning, it seems that Jirou got messed up pretty bad hence why he hates Beasts and discriminated against them but man seeing how he started to change only for that guy to spit in his face and use beasts for evil and then seeing Jirou go apeshit was really sad

I'm really interested in finding out more about Emi too because she's pretty mysterious and I lover her dynamic with Jirou and what the hell was up with those 3 leaders O_O

Great episode yet again this week for me
TokoyaOct 25, 2015 8:39 AM
Oct 25, 2015 8:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Beasts are being used and experimented on by humans, fuck man. This gave me goosebumps seeing Jirou get so fucked up, he grew a bit more attached again to beasts, just to see this.

The higher-up's of the superhuman bureau just want to gain more popularity and want people to depend on them by making the beasts' image look terrible and evil when they aren't. That is fucked.
Oct 25, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
Going by the flashback in the beginning, it seems that Jirou got messed up pretty bad hence why he hates Beasts and discriminated against them but man seeing how he started to change only for that guy to spit in his face and use beasts for evil and then seeing Jirou go apeshit was really sad

Going by the flashback, I think it was Jiro who was the "beast" that burned the whole Tokyo in year 29...
Oct 25, 2015 9:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Araneae said:
Tokoya said:

Going by the flashback, I think it was Jiro who was the "beast" that burned the whole Tokyo in year 29...
That would be even more interesting....I'm totally down with this happening
Oct 25, 2015 9:19 AM

Sep 2015
From the start the lady Ukyo is Emi, what?

I must say everything is pretty old school style. Legends, foklore, imaginary monster, robots. And soul-linking info sharing.

Hope next episode the second half will explain some more.
valvravetruthOct 25, 2015 9:28 AM
Oct 25, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
What the heck even happened at the ending?
Oct 25, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2010
Seeing a larger variety of superhumans and beasts was sort of like an eye candy, I mean, who doesn't like heroes in some way or form!

It is interesting to think what made the guy turn into from a beast lover to one that wants his beasts to express his anger through destruction.

The relation between Emi and Jirou, though perhaps what happens in the future would be more intriguing than their past.

I thought this was a great episode in showing that justice again isn't so clear-cut after all.

That first encounter with the GaGon at the start and how it correlates to everything T.T, though I sort of just see them as a species just like any animals on Earth.
Oct 25, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
This show is confusing as hell, i though they were going to continue the past week fight, instead they just drop another totally disconnected story. and what the heck with the end?

Thankfully this episode was better paced than the others, an they didn't abuse from the time-forward thing.
Oct 25, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Well, this episode was probably the best until now: beasts, politics, convictions, anger, discrimination and even more. Seeing this, I think the final will be... explosive. Just can't wait for it.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Oct 25, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
Araneae said:

Actually all todays flashbacks deserve a deep analysis, because they're freaking mysterious.

So let me give some evidence.
- Whole Tokyo is burning in year 29, and we clearly see in this ep that whatever Jiro's power is, it definitely involves flames.
- There are these kids that say they saw a beast, but the policeman doesn't even know what they're talking about.
- We get this bird's perspective view, when we see consecutive explosions. But we don't see the beast. If there was a beast, we would see it, beasts are huge. However in year 41 (and op) we see that Jiro's flame creates a huge flame beast (so it's there, but it isn't there in the same time), and basically explodes everything. Seems like a match to me.
- We see that in year 29th Jiro still doesn't have "locks" blocking his power. Maybe he got them to prevent burning Tokyo again?

And that's when my ideas end, and I have lots of questions:
- The "explosion pathway" clearly ends in the river just next to bridge, on which Jiro is found. How would Jiro get onto the bridge? Did Emi carry him?
- What are the pictures/drawings that Emi is looking at at the bridge? There is a pink haired woman on them with a baby. I bet it's Jiro's mother. Seriously. And we get Emi changing her appearance to resemble the woman from pictures. But how did the pictures get there in the first place? It's not like Jiro could carry them, since he didn't even had clothes.

Eh. That's why I both love and hate original anime. I can't just google the answer, and I can't spoil myself, but the wait for the answer is really hard.

My (very) wild guess for today: Jiro is human that got possesed by the power of the beast born from the volcano that created island called Japan. Or even better, his father was tha beast, because why not. Also, he probably knows more or less what's going on, but the "locks" on his power prevent him from remembering properly. And probably none of what I just said is true. xD

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm now really curious what happened between year 41 and Jiro leaving Superhuman Bureau, because at the end o last episode he seemed in total control over his power, and in this episode he just exploded everything to hell.

error5000 said:
This show is confusing as hell, i though they were going to continue the past week fight, instead they just drop another totally disconnected story. and what the heck with the end?

As far as I know this ep is part one of the two-ep long story, so hopefully this time we'll actually get the direct continuation in next ep. :) The ep 5 PV seems to confirm that.
AraneaeOct 25, 2015 10:05 AM
Oct 25, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode. It seems their going to continue jumping from story to story with each episode. I also do think the beast that burnt Tokyo in 29 was Jirou.
And was the guy in the cave at the beginning not his foster father?
Oct 25, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
Here-Hear said:
Nice episode. It seems their going to continue jumping from story to story with each episode. I also do think the beast that burnt Tokyo in 29 was Jirou.
And was the guy in the cave at the beginning not his foster father?

Yeah, it was.
Oct 25, 2015 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Aye, good old political motivations XD
That beast guy sure was a small time villain, he could have gotten top tier connections if he played it smarter.
Oct 25, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2015
Japanese (and not only they) sure do love kaiju, don't they?
Well, somehow i found out that I really like this show. Sure, the main plotline (if there is one) is not so evident but oh boy production values are sky high. ED also seems really good. Well, I guess it just takes some time to become accustomed to the weirdness.
Wonder what are we getting into, since every episode tiny bits of characters' past are revealed and those bits don't seem to be very pleasant.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Oct 25, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
Amazing episode, It seems to be finally going towards a real plot and stop being episodic. Also the jealousy and drama in the air is delicious!
Read Toriko!
Oct 25, 2015 11:39 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
That's a power that I think he may even have difficult to control.

That's why the pink hair girl always by his side.... OKAY. Nice, i like it, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PREVIOUS BATTLE? WHY THEY SKIP IT?!
Oct 25, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
Tevens said:
Stark700 said:
That's a power that I think he may even have difficult to control.

That's why the pink hair girl always by his side.... OKAY. Nice, i like it, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PREVIOUS BATTLE? WHY THEY SKIP IT?!
What battle?
Read Toriko!
Oct 25, 2015 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
My favorite things about this show are the outfits and the ending credits song.

Everything else is kind of... Eh...

phantom346 said:
Tevens said:

What battle?

Probably the one with "Iron-Detective Raito". I was wondering about that too.
Oct 25, 2015 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
aikaflip said:
My favorite things about this show are the outfits and the ending credits song.

Everything else is kind of... Eh...

phantom346 said:

What battle?

Probably the one with "Iron-Detective Raito". I was wondering about that too.
Well then calm your titties! There's still 9 episodes left and it's a show that has regular flasbacks and flashforwards. We'll see it eventually.
Read Toriko!
Oct 25, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

We got some beasts now!
Oct 25, 2015 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
Wow pretty intense episode, well you knew Emi and Jirou had some kind of relationship but I was not expecting that. That just shot up Emi's level of mystery. But I'm more curious about their relationship in the future.

Them eyes.. paired with the flashback..explains his hatred for beast.
Oct 25, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
Probablly the most complex episode so far narrative-wise as we jumped to multiple points of time.

I still need to rewatch again to wrap my head around all the set up in this episode but so far:
- I am almost completely convinced it was Jiro who caused the Tokyo incident. Is he some kind of dragon kaiju sealed in human body?
- The chief of superhuman bureau and the other two guys. Suspicious. Getting strong SEELE vibes from NGE. It seems the kaiju experimentation was done under his supervision as a goal of revealing superhumans? Still what the fuck are those three guys. Jiro figuring out stuff about that most likely will add up to his decision to rebel.
- So Emi is a kitsune? Since white kitsune are said to have power to ward of evil, that would explain somewhat her relationship with Jiro.

Also Emi was masquerading as the black haired lady manipulating the experiments? IT certainly seems so since Kid called her by that name and she hissed at him in her kitsune form in return to silence him.
AhenshihaelOct 25, 2015 12:46 PM
Oct 25, 2015 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
So many questions that needs to be answered (・д・)
cool ending, though what a choice to make.. be engulfed by flames or get squashed by a robot beast.
Oct 25, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Also Emi was masquerading as the black haired lady manipulating the experiments? IT certainly seems so since Kid called her by that name and she hissed at him in her kitsune form in return to silence him.

I think so. She seems to be able to shapeshift, though I wonder if Jiro knows about it. O.o
Oct 25, 2015 1:53 PM

Oct 2015
a somewhat slow episode, but it is the first that does not give us a flash-foward, although some last Jirou and Emi; but I want to know more about Emi.
I guess explain some of the origin of the super monsters is fine, but with more depth than just political problems.
Does this change will be the reason that Jirou left (in the future) organization?
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Oct 25, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2013
Tokoya said:
and what the hell was up with those 3 leaders O_O

THIS. seriously wtf man.

i need to know more about emi.

it was a pretty good episode to be part 1 of 2
Oct 25, 2015 2:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Araneae said:
CookingPriest said:

I think so. She seems to be able to shapeshift, though I wonder if Jiro knows about it. O.o

Yes, she looks like a kitsune so should be able to shapeshift.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
wakka9ca said:
Araneae said:

Yes, she looks like a kitsune so should be able to shapeshift.

Hm, the official website for anime says that she's
:)

But what's important about that is that we know that it's the old guy from the Bureau (along with his two "vapour" friends), that was behind the beast production and sale. And Emi was there, I guess on his order. Which means she knows more than Jiro about Bureau activities and is fine with it.
Oct 25, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
Tevens said:

OKAY. Nice, i like it, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PREVIOUS BATTLE? WHY THEY SKIP IT?!

Do you mean Jiro's battle with Shiba in previous episode ?
It happened on year 47. And this episode mainly takes on year 41 and 42 (and flashback to year 14,17,29, and 34).
Oct 25, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
This was the best episode since the first one and restored my hopes for the series after 2 weaker episodes. I really enjoyed how everything is starting to tie up together and also how the narrative will probably be more continuous from now ow, which will allow for better developments. I'm not sure I fully got the implications from the first bunch of flashback, but anyways, there have been quite a few revelations which should definitely come into play later on. Also, if the OP is anything to go by, that hero who defeated one of the beast should play a bigger role in the story.
Looking forward to next episode...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 25, 2015 3:20 PM

Dec 2014
An episode that wasn't complete mediocrity. I'm impressed.

No really. They actually explained and showed quite a few things. Some of the shows main flaws still appeared, but it was actually better than usual. While I don't think the show will stay this way, it does raise my hopes just a teensy little bit.

Though, are Earth-chan and Fuurouta related? For some reason when I saw the former I thought that he must be related to the latter in some form.
Oct 25, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2015
The OP is okay but I really like the ending song!
For now this is one of my favourite shows this season.
It´s different, that isn´t always a good thing but in this case it is. The non-linear type of storytelling really gets to me. You can see that this was made for viewers that have the attention to see the details and in the end, hopefully, piece the story together.
Every episode so far has given us little bits of the overarching plot as well as conflicts that for the most part get resolved in the episode.
Also the artstyle is something I haven´t seen so far and I hope this is a milestone for future shows to use unconventional animation as well as story.
If this continues to be as awesome as it is and the story resolves nicely, this will definetly become one of my favourite anime.

CookingPriest said:

- The chief of superhuman bureau and the other two guys. Suspicious. Getting strong SEELE vibes from NGE. It seems the kaiju experimentation was done under his supervision as a goal of revealing superhumans? Still what the fuck are those three guys. Jiro figuring out stuff about that most likely will add up to his decision to rebel.

That´s exactly what I thought! I think Jiro getting behind some sort of conspiracy will be of relevance in future episodes.
Oct 25, 2015 5:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Araneae said:
Tokoya said:

Actually all todays flashbacks deserve a deep analysis, because they're freaking mysterious.

So let me give some evidence.
- Whole Tokyo is burning in year 29, and we clearly see in this ep that whatever Jiro's power is, it definitely involves flames.
- There are these kids that say they saw a beast, but the policeman doesn't even know what they're talking about.
- We get this bird's perspective view, when we see consecutive explosions. But we don't see the beast. If there was a beast, we would see it, beasts are huge. However in year 41 (and op) we see that Jiro's flame creates a huge flame beast (so it's there, but it isn't there in the same time), and basically explodes everything. Seems like a match to me.
- We see that in year 29th Jiro still doesn't have "locks" blocking his power. Maybe he got them to prevent burning Tokyo again?

And that's when my ideas end, and I have lots of questions:
- The "explosion pathway" clearly ends in the river just next to bridge, on which Jiro is found. How would Jiro get onto the bridge? Did Emi carry him?
- What are the pictures/drawings that Emi is looking at at the bridge? There is a pink haired woman on them with a baby. I bet it's Jiro's mother. Seriously. And we get Emi changing her appearance to resemble the woman from pictures. But how did the pictures get there in the first place? It's not like Jiro could carry them, since he didn't even had clothes.

Eh. That's why I both love and hate original anime. I can't just google the answer, and I can't spoil myself, but the wait for the answer is really hard.

My (very) wild guess for today: Jiro is human that got possesed by the power of the beast born from the volcano that created island called Japan. Or even better, his father was tha beast, because why not. Also, he probably knows more or less what's going on, but the "locks" on his power prevent him from remembering properly. And probably none of what I just said is true. xD

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm now really curious what happened between year 41 and Jiro leaving Superhuman Bureau, because at the end o last episode he seemed in total control over his power, and in this episode he just exploded everything to hell.

error5000 said:

As far as I know this ep is part one of the two-ep long story, so hopefully this time we'll actually get the direct continuation in next ep. :) The ep 5 PV seems to confirm that.

Araneae said:
CookingPriest said:

Same here

Great theories guys
Oct 25, 2015 5:12 PM

Jun 2014
The main point is we know that Jirou is related to the Tokyo burning incident which is hinted in the flashback. If he is a beast, that would be really interesting.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 25, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
This was a pretty damn good episode, alot more slower paced and isnt jumping around timelines half haphazardly like ep 1 and 2 were

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2015 5:23 PM

Apr 2015
The show and people talking about this show are both incredible lol
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 25, 2015 5:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Tokoya said:
This episode left me speechless tbh....Discrimination, Fear, Hatred, Family and co-existence.....All in one episode

Agreed, I'm going to watch this episode again because it was that great.

Finally getting more information about Jirou, although we got even more questions about Emi. I'm surprised that the conspiracy Raito mentioned seems to actually be true, and Emi is part of it. Although Jirou has complete faith in the Superhuman Bureau, he most likely learned about this and that's part of the reason why he left.
Oct 25, 2015 6:16 PM

May 2015
Pretty good episode, especially that ending.

Oct 25, 2015 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
so Jiiro is a monster i assume, cannot wait what his real power is but he seems uncontrollable or wild on that monster form of his
Oct 25, 2015 7:04 PM
Jun 2010
The government wanted the beasts to appear to raise the opinion of superhumans. That's what these 3 spirit geezers talked about while spinning. They decided to cut ties and dispose of that beast maker.
Makes sense Jiro with his justice left the burea.
Oct 25, 2015 10:03 PM

Sep 2011
This anime is amazing to me. I always loved different concept of evil and discussion of grey morality. I also like the characters a lot too. They just need some more development, I suppose. It seems Jirou is the only one with apparent issues which is for now yet to be revealed.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Oct 25, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
Little more slow paced this episode, but still packed with a lot of stuff here. The only worry I have for this anime is that it tries to put too many themes into the core story that it oversaturates it and doesn't explain the necessary stuff by the end.

I think Jirou's backstory alludes to Vash from Trigun. It seems like Jirou is a beast, and his resentment of beasts comes from his hatred of what happened prior to the doctor guy being his foster father. Kinda similar to how Vash
. (Not a heavy spoiler just so you know, and if this statement isn't entirely true, I apologize, it's been a while since I've seen Trigun :P)

I honestly think public opinion on Concrete Revolutio will by more positive as the series comes to a close. Yes, it is confusing now, but I think that is sort of the point. If everything feels coherent and concise by the end of the show, then it should be fine. It is incredibly fantastic buildup so far, with some great themes to make it so it doesn't feel like the show is just buildup for the ending *cough* SCHOOL DAYS *cough*
Oct 25, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2014
TokyoSanchez said:
I think Jirou's backstory alludes to Vash from Trigun. It seems like Jirou is a beast, and his resentment of beasts comes from his hatred of what happened prior to the doctor guy being his foster father.

I wonder why Jiro keeps insisting that he's human. Is he trying very hard to hide his identity? Is he fooling himself? Or is he really human (or part human) and just happens to have explosive destructive power of the beast? Possession or something. xD
Oct 26, 2015 12:33 AM

Jan 2011
Chief of the bureau is mad suspect ,for once this episode was a little hard to follow so much happened
Oct 26, 2015 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
I love ConRevo because in every episode crazy shit happens. Like this episode was awesome. What is Jirou? Obviously he ain't human, especially with that purple hair. Notice how normal people have normal hair color and his is light purple? As for his power, I say that after the time skip (to Shinka 47), one of his locks is unlocked since he can use fire and has strength.

Heck I'm going to go with a wild guess and that he was the product of some sacrificial ritual, or like a child of a dragon and something... all I know is that the flame demon thing looks like a dragon...and that I really want Jirou to be related to dragons...

My theory is that he was a normal child until some beast-dragon thing that possessed magic (weird I know), cursed him or grant him power when he was dying, and that the power went out of control causing the destruction of Tokyo in 29 Shinka. He hates the power but hates beasts too so he want to kill the beasts and use the power to kill the beast? Theories everywhere guys...heck he might even be a human experimental subject infused with beast DNA. Lol.
Oct 26, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
God, I love this show so much. This show is chaotic as hell, but every episode seem to be connected somehow in the final end game. It's like every episode is a puzzle piece with a dark moral undertone and I like it, I like it a lot. And finally we had a chance to see Jino's power, wich was really awesome and somehow chaotic.
Oct 26, 2015 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
That was quite an interesting episode.
Oct 26, 2015 5:04 AM

Nov 2009
Favorite episode so far and I was absolutely hooked in from start to finish, really getting more and more interested in the main character and his power + origin.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

106 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

104 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

39 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.