Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2015 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, episode felt slow paced again. They are trying to figure out Magata's origins while the episode itself has a firm grip on the thrilling mystery.

Seems like there's some interpersonal conflict with Moe though.
And oh snap that ending...business picking up now with a case. Magata's past feels more and more creepy imo.

Stark700Oct 22, 2015 11:31 AM
Oct 22, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2013
Are they implying what I think they are at the end? Magata wanting to lose something she owned as in her virginity? Or just a first kiss.. I don't think it's her parents yet cause she's only 13 in that ferris wheel.
Oct 22, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2012
This is interesting but the pacing is a bit slow. But I'm really loving these leads.
Oct 22, 2015 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
Jakerams said:
This is interesting but the pacing is a bit slow. But I'm really loving these leads.

I think the pacing is just right, but this series has only 11 episodes. I didn't read the novel, so I don't know how it will end and how many chapters are already adopted. I hope that A1 know what they are doing.
And I'm the only one who isn't disgusted by ending scene?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 22, 2015 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
The pacing is a bit slow.

They are trying to figure out about what had happened to Magata and who the killer is.

I can't believe the director was killed at the end!
Oct 22, 2015 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Rokka no Insider? :O
I got why the pacing was slow, I'm starting to love this anime.

7 > 8
Oct 22, 2015 11:39 AM
Nov 2014
I really hope it doesn't end up being something lame like the killer was hidden under the table of the cart. That is the only way it looks like one could have got out w/o being detected by camera or the people. Anyways surprising twist. I honestly didn't expect her to be dead, I thought it was a doll and she was just being weird. >.>

Haha idk about this show but I love Nishinosono's temper so worth watching for her.
Oct 22, 2015 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
That was quite an episode. seriously did that dude do it with a 13 year old xD. I'm still surprised magata died wasn't expecting that (unless of course she ISN'T DEAD DUN DUN DUUUUUUN)
Oct 22, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 2015
Assassin7979 said:
I really hope it doesn't end up being something lame like the killer was hidden under the table of the cart. That is the only way it looks like one could have got out w/o being detected by camera or the people.

The murderer could be someone of them.
Oct 22, 2015 11:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So she is dead, wow. I didn't expect it. Her past is fucked <.<
Oct 22, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
Me too, I thought it was a doll. I didn't feel that the pace is slow but it was right imo.
Well, it was another good episode!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 22, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, this show sures know how to build the tension. What a good episode that was. It's really hard to tell how someone could have killed Magata without being detected by the cameras or noticed by any of the people in the room when Magata's corpse left on the P1. And it's clear that the killer is on the move, and probably among them, given that the Director's dead as well now.

Also, it's probably not supposed to mean much, but I found it interesting that Magata used the past tense when she said "I never got that opportunity" as far as meeting someone smarter is concerned. Sure, she probably just thought she'd never get the chance to, but I get the feeling that there's more to it than just that. After all, unless I'm mistaken, we don't know when exactly that meeting between Moe and Magata took place, other than that it happened before the events of the first episode.
Oct 22, 2015 11:58 AM

Oct 2012
I actually prefer the slow pacing right now because they are fleshing out the characters really well, and introducing the mystery in a way that isn't too overwhelming but at the same time is just enough to keep my interest. I absolutely love the dialogue in this show too. Not only do they give you something to think about, but they also tell quite a bit about the mindsets of the characters. Something that many shows neglect.
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Oct 22, 2015 12:46 PM

Nov 2014
I am now completely interested, even if there was more math...
I think i'm just going to ignore it(if I can).
Oct 22, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
Pure mystery is such a rare thing in anime as far as i know.
Can't find a single flaw in this episode, that's how biased i am right now.
Oct 22, 2015 12:53 PM

Nov 2014
I'm really enjoying how gradually the web is being woven in this story.

Amazing suspense and soundtrack.

My only nitpick is how often they refer to Shiki being in that room for 15 years. Yes, we get it. She was in there for a long time.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

5/5
Oct 22, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was boring, but at least it's starting to pick up I guess.
Oct 22, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
I was honestly surprised the mood still remained cheerful even after a murder took place and that is especially true for Nishinosono. This was an average episode when compared to the first two however I liked that suspense ending. This is a good mystery anime.

"It could be that creating your own descendants is akin to imagining your own death. "
Loved that line during the end of the episode.
Oct 22, 2015 1:16 PM

Aug 2011
I think the killer might be

But I could be wrong...I actually hope I'm not right because then the series would be quite boring.
Oct 22, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
I don't have a problem with the slow pacing right now, especially if it means that the lead characters will get some good development, but I hope the slow pacing doesn't come back to bite this anime in the ass.

Damn, the director got killed, this anime keeps building more tension. I wonder if it will be one of those stories where more and more people are killed off, like one of those "whodunit" type of mysteries. And did that dude really bang a 13 year old girl? Magata's past seems to get more fucked up with each episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 22, 2015 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
Aye, that pedophilia realism :)
Red refers to communism? XD lol
That amputation :( brutal

Maybe magate setup her own death, no idea how that doll plays into this thou :P
Oct 22, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
SASHIHARA said:

But I could be wrong...I actually hope I'm not right because then the series would be quite boring.

i hope you are right cuz that sounds so edgy its making me moist
Oct 22, 2015 1:24 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,
So far I still rather like who the anime is telling the story in comparison with the live action drama....
Oct 22, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
and now I'm far more interested in Magata's past than figuring out who actually killed here.

I just love those lines that old man says when he tells us those flashbacks of her past.
Oct 22, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2012
SASHIHARA said:

nice one.
fadesOct 22, 2015 1:51 PM

Oct 22, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
naaah, the man was just blowing himself, lol. jk
it was good episode
Oct 22, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2009
This show is definitely hitting its stride now. It sure has come a long way from the dull first episode.

And it looks like the guy banged 13-year-old Magata. This shit is crazy.
Oct 22, 2015 2:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I can see this anime becoming better, but where the hell will it go with that pace if it's only 11 episodes? Second season maybe?

4/5
Oct 22, 2015 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
rsc-pl said:
Jakerams said:

I think the pacing is just right, but this series has only 11 episodes. I didn't read the novel, so I don't know how it will end and how many chapters are already adopted. I hope that A1 know what they are doing.
And I'm the only one who isn't disgusted by ending scene?

Haven't read the novel, but I've seen the live-action drama. And honestly, I think the pacing is good, especially since this has only 11 episodes.
Oct 22, 2015 2:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Assassin7979 said:
I really hope it doesn't end up being something lame like the killer was hidden under the table of the cart. That is the only way it looks like one could have got out w/o being detected by camera or the people. Anyways surprising twist. I honestly didn't expect her to be dead, I thought it was a doll and she was just being weird. >.>

Technically there's already quite some clues that were shown, if you think there were hints that leads to your conclusion, then you might be right. But the guy who checked Magata's body on P1 looked below and saw that Magata's legs were amputated, so don't worry, the answer to the mystery isn't something lame :P

There's quite a lot of noticeable differences between the anime and the drama, and I think the anime is doing a better job at the mystery and giving clues so far. I don't recall seeing the Red Magic thing in the drama either, so now I really think the anime will be fleshing out the novel and using up the whole season for this mystery. The part where Saikawa was thinking about the color red and then imagined some things in his mind was quite interesting.
Oct 22, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2012
Every episode I am more confused, in an interested way.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 22, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
I hope the crush Moe has on the main guy has some relevance to the story cos it's pretty annoying. This ep was weird, what was up with the flash of the shadow men waving sticks. The pace is too slow to have an opinion yet.
Oct 22, 2015 2:59 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I love how the first thing he thinks about the color red is communism.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 22, 2015 3:31 PM
Jun 2015
Closed rooms, "red magic", strange murders, they are on an island with no contact to the outside.

It appears that it has begun: OOOOHHH BEATORICEEE

Jokes aside. Episode was good and it was what I wanted. Let's hope they can pull off a nice mystery with 11 episodes.
Oct 22, 2015 3:40 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't expect to get this hooked when I saw the first episode, but I'm liking where this is going.
Oct 22, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
Didn't expect her to be dead! I love how this show is going.
Oct 22, 2015 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
Could her sister be her? Or rather could the dead one be her sister? Cause I really don't think someone as scheming as Magata (as we were shown in the end in ferris wheel) would die so easily.

Or could she be dead for 15 years? (but would they be able to preserve her so well..? maybe it really was the doll as noone examined the body thoroughly) Or did she used some drugs to look dead?
The fact is noone has seen her for so long and technically, someone could override that system and chat with them from elsewhere.

The murder in the end... wonder who culprit is then. It all reminds me of 'And then there was none'? which is good.

There are probably two cooperating culprits as only one wouldn't be able to do that. But there are still so many questions left unanswered. And there has to be a reason as to why they repeated that Magata-Moe conversation from the first episode. They may as well be cooperating together.

Anyway, anyone who thinks that relationship of old man and child is weird or even inappropriate I would recommend you watching the movie Lolita (or reading the book by Nabokov). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119558/
Mich666Oct 22, 2015 4:21 PM
Oct 22, 2015 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
Since this show is starting to pick up, its starting to get a lot more interesting. I hope they can get through the next 8 episodes without rushing it in at least one way though. Though that will likely be the case sadly.

(Still don't get how a 13 year old can stay in a room for 15 years. Where has she been those other 2 years?)
Oct 22, 2015 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
Mich666 said:
They may as well be cooperating together.

This may as well be a game to mess with Sensei's head. If the corpse's are real then no.
Oct 22, 2015 5:09 PM
Nov 2013
Damn, this just got even more interesting. This could go so many ways it's crazy. Although it's probably impossible, I feel like

My even crazier assumption is that
Oct 22, 2015 5:13 PM

May 2014
This show try to be deep and psychological but it's just shit ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2014
i am felling rokka vibes about this anime , this could be easilly the hidden gem of the season so much potential i got just from this episode , this may be one of the best animes this season besides sequels and one bald greatness.
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 22, 2015 5:33 PM

Jun 2014
unlike some of you i don't really have a problem with the pace , because except a few scenes like the Moe's flashbacks of her conversation with Magata it was interesting enough to be slow but not boring . i really liked the episode the murder (murders now) is getting more and more mysterious and interesting , btw i hope he meant first kiss because it's creepy for sure but less than if he was talking about her virginity that'd be really disturbing
Oct 22, 2015 5:46 PM

Aug 2015
The slow pace works perfectly to build suspense. It's one of those stories where the show is paced just right to allow you to attempt to solve the mystery yourself while watching it. I was having doubts about this show after episode 2, but this episode saw everything take a turn to the best. I am really looking forward to next week's episode now.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Oct 22, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2011
Locked room murder case....The Perfect Insider OMG

Maybe the Red Magic Program killed her????
AnimeFan500Oct 22, 2015 5:49 PM
Oct 22, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2015
AnimeFan500 said:
Locked room murder case....The Perfect Insider OMG

Maybe the Red Magic Program killed her????
That's not likely, Red Magic isn't a physical entity.

Unless it is.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Oct 22, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2013
Is it possible that she wasn't alone in that room the whole time ? Since it was locked for 15 years .
The killer could've been in the cart under her although it would be a bad way of going about it. I also like the possibility of nishinosono being involved in the murder . Any comments ?
Oct 22, 2015 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
15 years in solitary confinement is really harsh. Hard to believe no one has been in that room nor are there video cameras. Actually it should be multiple rooms, like a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
Very strange form of imprisonment, why not a regular high security jail?
Oct 22, 2015 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
I was thinking that maybe Saikawa is the culprit. First of all, that man in the ferris wheel scene has glasses and black hair/kinda-bangs like Saikawa. Maybe he's a male-yaoi (idk is that even possible?) and wanted to kill her since he realized that Magata was only messing around with him. I mean, he's obviously pretty "interested" in Magata. And after he killed her, he put her in a wedding dress for, you know, the marriage. And maybe he wanted to check the video recordings to see if any evidence of his guiltiness could be seen.

Of course, there's probably tons of holes in my theory, like the fact that Magata was dead for several days already.
Oct 22, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2007
Mich666 said:
Could her sister be her? Or rather could the dead one be her sister? Cause I really don't think someone as scheming as Magata (as we were shown in the end in ferris wheel) would die so easily

I thought as this as well, the way they keep emphasizing that the sisters look very alike makes me wonder, too. I am sure the little sister will end up being very relevant to the plot, whatever her role might be. Or she could be a red herring.

Magata's past is like a nod to Utena. The car scene was already hinting in that direction but the Ferris Wheel pretty much sealed it for me.

r0ykun said:
My even crazier assumption is that

Thought also crossed my mind.
NocturnalOct 22, 2015 7:39 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

184 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.