Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, this finale was bad. 7 minutes of recap footage with the last arc/story whatever.

We get some cameo appearances from the other girls as well but honestly, this show dropped the ball. Only a few episodes were okay but most were boring. That Routine Buster though.

Kagami in a nutshell...
4/10.
Sep 26, 2015 5:31 AM

Sep 2014
Well, off to manga then. Quite mediocre episode.
Sep 26, 2015 5:31 AM

Jun 2012
finally this pos is over

horrible in every aspect, and ofc it had to be 2-cour

1/10
Sep 26, 2015 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
I basically wasted my time finishing this anime, along with Kyoukai no Rinne. Worst decision ever! Those anime should've been 1 cour instead of 2.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 26, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2014
Isn't the secret facility located underground? What is with that helicopter?

Animation is bad, decent story. I would give 6/10 though.
Sep 26, 2015 6:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The finale was okay imo....I especially liked the ending parts

This series in general didn't live up to my expectations but it was an okay watch regardless of the lame art and animation

6/10
Sep 26, 2015 7:04 AM

Mar 2011
I have seen much worse episodes....
Overall it was a good (the opposite of "bad") anime... I have seen a lot of computer stuffs, VHDL/Verilog, Simulations also some few of few decent advises. Pretty amusing, and pretty inspiring.

Now... where is the second season.
* just finished my sarcasm *
Sep 26, 2015 8:04 AM
Nov 2010
Poorly produced anime and poorly written story. It was amusing at times, but otherwise pretty bad.
Sep 26, 2015 8:36 AM
Oct 2011
Meh, this had fun moments at times, but a little repetitive for me. I can't believe this was 2-cour while others that actually needed to be 2-cour were only 1. :/ Not much happened as far as plot, warranted it imo. Either way I'm glad this is finally over. 6/10 praying there isn't going to be a second season.
Sep 26, 2015 8:43 AM

Apr 2015
A decent ending left with Kagami inspiring the rest of the students in the academy. Show had its somewhat charming points, but this was just really difficult to like. It was a good run, though. 4.5/10
Sep 26, 2015 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
That Reiko, she just reminds me of Hoshimiya Kate from Zvezda.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 26, 2015 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
I liked it tbh. Sure it was not a good anime show but I found it never boring.
Sep 26, 2015 10:31 AM

Jan 2012
And thus this final arc ends exactly as predicted. Junichiro returns to teaching and doing whatever he wants. I had heard about the manga for this series awhile back, always intending on reading it. I wonder if I woulda liked this more if I actually had done so. The show revolves around Junichiro. It lives and dies around whether or not you like him, or at least care enough about him. Unfortunately I did not end up liking him much by the end. Too much of an arrogant ass with questionable methods. The only character I cared about much was Makina, but even she couldn't keep this from feeling tedious much of the time. If I had any sort of life at all this would have been dropped ages ago, 5/10. Nothing too terrible or anger inducing, but very meh.
Sep 26, 2015 11:13 AM

May 2009
Finally this shit ended.

Everyone should check chapter 165 and forget about this.
Sep 26, 2015 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Kagami is inspiring rest of all the students in the academy.
Sep 26, 2015 12:29 PM
May 2013
meh ok show

6.5/10

nothing really stuck out for this show, but I didn't fall asleep out of boredom either
Sep 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
They finally managed to animate something decently in this show. If anything, the good shots of Kagami at the end being intermittently interrupted by wonky misshapen shots of assorted students sort of summed this show up. There was something good here - hell, some of the episodes were even entertaining - but the majority of it was a mass of shit.
Sep 26, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Too bad, we did not gets to the school battle arc.
Anyway I kind of enjoy this series.
Still waiting for the manga to be update as well....
9/10 don't mind a second season.
Sep 26, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2013
thank god this finally over
Sep 26, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
Inspirational finale. Not a great show.
But I'll be honest, I'm a little sad to see it go.

4/10
Sep 26, 2015 4:40 PM

May 2015
Tokoya said:
This series in general didn't live up to my expectations but it was an okay watch regardless of the lame art and animation

6/10
+1
Sep 26, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty meh show. I liked the imouto's short shorts though.
Sep 27, 2015 5:00 AM

Oct 2014
Yep pretty shitty

4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Finally it's over

1/10

Also please stick to singing Rena Matsui
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 27, 2015 9:47 PM

Sep 2014
Well, that was huge dissapointment.
5/10
Sep 27, 2015 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode with the exception of the ending. Only reason I watched this anime was because I thought it would be similar to GTO. It was ok for me 6-7/10
Sep 28, 2015 12:34 AM

Oct 2011
I want that Routine App !!!!
Sep 28, 2015 1:47 AM

Dec 2012
Denpa Kyoushi (TV). Status: Completed. Not dropped? Is this a miracle?

Well I have no real complaints with the finale. It was to be expected...partially anyway. I figured Kagami would realize his passion for teaching, but didn't think it'd be that he wanted to spread the gospel of YD (shoot me if I use this acronym one more time) to the students and have them all drop out. His speech had a nice message - that people should focus themselves on their true passions instead of worrying about solving equations they'll never use past 12th grade or maintaining a GPA that exists only for formality's sake. I'm sure something like this would have been inspiring if I was back in middle/high school. I shared these sentiments and I had a huge disconnect from excelling academically.

I truly did not expect to finish this show. I don't even know what compelled me to marathon the middle section of it, but I'll say that overall Denpa Kyoushi had its ups and downs in the realm of mediocrity. The early episodes were aggravating and cringe worthy, but I did like some of the arcs such as Luce's and this last one with Reiko. It had some good that was able to balance out the stronger presence of subpar and keep it from falling flat into bad territory.

DK had some nice ideas and the whole theme of these students being inspired to do what they enjoy most in life is nice, but it really fell flat on the execution. It sank even lower on the budget. Really disappointing and horrendous work especially from a studio such as A-1. This is also the first time I wasn't a fan of aKamiya Hiroshi role, he sounded like a whiny bitch (which fit Kagami all too well).

A low 6/10, no idea why I'm paying this so much attention now that it's done and over with. Let me yearn to do something by never thinking of this show again.
Sep 28, 2015 2:29 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm going to start being a lot more selective about what I pick up from season to season because of this show. I went out and had a nice buffet in celebration of Denpa Kyoushi ending.

It's so hard to really want to continue following a character when you just don't care about them or don't like them at all. His face, his attitude-- everything about Kagami just became a huge annoyance and at some point, it really started to become a distraction for me. I couldn't bring myself to care about most of the characters' problems and felt like Kagami's way of dealing with them were unnecessarily cruel at times right from the very first episode (or was it the second?).

Anyway, it's over. I'm happy. I hope everyone else had a good time even a little.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 30, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
My rants thoughts about this anime overall:

Man, They should made this shit anime a split cour or just a single one! Instead of GATE! Damn it! A-1 Pictures!
If there's plan for a sequel I don't know if I will still watch it. Please don't!
Anyway, I'll rate this show a 6 (or 7?) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2015 8:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
6/10

Luce and Potatoes <3

Finale was ok, nothing special. Reiko's arc finished and Kagami's speech at the end. Story wise, it needed more interesting factor.

It didn't surprise me that he'd want to preach his YD shenanigans and convert the students into YD one's. That's what

Oct 2, 2015 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
My eyes got watery when the ending song started playing. I made it through 24 episodes of this. This show got me out of my anime watching groove since May. I had to play catch up on the other shows I was watching. DK had its good moments(OP and ED songs with some fanservice), but please A-1, don't announce another season. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 2, 2015 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
Eh it was meh. Wasn't really good but okay enough to pass time for me.

Had it been have nice art and animation. I might've rated it higher.

6/10
Oct 3, 2015 7:39 AM

Jun 2011
Are you guys for real? Most of the people who left a comment on this thread didn't like the series? Wasted 8 hours on this supposedly "piece of shit", jesus you guys need to get a life.

I don't get why this series is hated so much, I get that it's nothing amazing, but its not like it killed your whole family or something. Take a chill pill or something, eh.

The series was enjoyable, but not as much as I remember reading the manga. Definitely could have been better but it's not bad as it is.

The voice actress for Kagami's sister was really bad though. Didn't improve at all throughout the course of the series, that's half a year worth of time in real life. What has she been doing all these time? -_-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 5, 2015 2:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Are you guys for real? Most of the people who left a comment on this thread didn't like the series? Wasted 8 hours on this supposedly "piece of shit", jesus you guys need to get a life.

The voice actress for Kagami's sister was really bad though. Didn't improve at all throughout the course of the series, that's half a year worth of time in real life. What has she been doing all these time? -_-

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 5, 2015 5:33 PM

Jun 2011
Swiggy said:
I do agree with what you said to a certain extent, especially on the "you can't judge a series unless you've seen it all", but the quality of a series is not entirely correlated with the enjoyment it brings. A terribly written anime can also be somewhat enjoyable, especially on a series that never take itself as serious as it should have. The thing with my complaint is that I have never, or at least haven't come across a legit criticism for the show other than the below average animation, or that they just don't like Kagami. The Kagami hate is also quite unjustified in my opinion, and while I agree his methods are a little extreme sometimes, you do have to remember, that this show was never that serious. You have little girls who can win against legit adult male, you have all those crazy stuff happening, you can't possibly think that he should be going by the normal method. His ways were intended to help his students, and they did end up helping the people. If he was ill-willed then I can understand, but it's never that.

As for the sister's voice actress, yes I do feel that she's trying, but she should have taken some lessons. Half a year is a very long time, and she haven't once done a good job on the sister role. Or maybe her voice just isn't suited for voice acting. I also agree with the newest comment on her MAL page, that she should not have been given such prominent role until she has gotten better. Many people started out voicing in a hentai series, or as a secondary or side character, but due to her idol status, she was probably allowed some royalty. :v
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 16, 2015 12:31 AM

Dec 2009
I finished this late.
The finale wasn't incredible, but this show had lots of good things going for it. Kagami is an awesome role model character, i totally thumbs up the whole "YD" thing, and i like that he actually acts intelligent instead of just blabbing off information and being labelled smart for it.
There were plenty shining moments, and plenty meh/dud moments. Episodes like the previous outshine others like this that are just kind of doing stuff. What this series was, was a good character study. It is unfortunate how in stories like this, characters lose all their presence after they get their shining moments. Bad art and tacky plot made it pretty unpolished and whimsical, although i guess that't not unbefitting of "YD"
Overall opinion: it was certainly an amusing anime.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 17, 2015 11:58 AM
Oct 2011
I can't understand why so many people disliked this show. It's a lot like Great Teacher Onizuka and The World Only God Knows. Both are very highly rated shows that have over 8 on MAL.
Oct 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
Powerful message from the last episode, our education system definitely needs improvement. GPA, test results and most of the classes I took while in highschool and college are useless now years after graduation. I wish I knew this while still in high school, would have definitely spent my time on subjects that matter.

I found the story pretty interesting and some of the comedy actually made me laugh.

The animation quality was terrible and was the biggest negative. I understand that the studio wanted to save some money to do 24 episodes instead of 12, but the quality was so bad that it was distracting.

The cutting of suggestive themed scenes to make the show targeted more towards younger audience was a bit of a turn off too.

Also, doesn't make sense to me why they completely scrambled the order of the arcs. Characters going missing from previous arcs to next one was obvious.

Overall 6/10 series.
Oct 23, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
3/10 From me. Honestly some episodes were 1/10 while others were around a 6/10. Overall it was extremely inconsistent. Some arc's were miles better than others.

The art itself was terrible and a certain questionable voice actress really made cringe every time she opened her mouth.

The characters ranged from good to terrible. Kagami is an awesome character that I can relate to simply because I feel YD is a "real" emotion that people do get.

The overall message that the shows tries to portray is good. It basically shows how outdated our education system is. I honestly could really easily relate because I always felt bored at school , and as if nothing caught my interest , however it was never possible to do anything else simply because you had to finish school to get anywhere else.
Nov 7, 2015 7:58 AM

Jan 2011
Best exam app ever. In the end, it's really all about the grades in school and not so much about what you yearn to do. Heck, I've taken subjects that I don't particularly like and have to spend so much more time on it just to get a good grade all because the schools in my country want students to have a "holistic learning experience" or something along those lines.

Yeah, sorry about the rant. Besides this, I quite liked this series though the art was cringeworthy at times. Can really see his development to want to help students break free from their old selves and let them do what they yearn to do. Storyline is definitely similar to some animes in the past but I had a good time watching it. You could say... it was amusing.

7/10
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 8, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
It was boring and pretty much the opposite of amusing. I am just glad it's over. Not a fan of episodic anime. The characters were kinda dull and forgettable. I disliked a few from the start especially Makina. Even Kagami's character with his "YD" felt lame with it's generic personality you get to see in most anime. The typical generic crap of how he must help others even if he doesn't really care and act all humble. There were a few good episodes but nothing special. Overall 5/10
Dec 10, 2015 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
So, its began. the power of ultimate of otaku teacher.
i enjoyed watch this, need second season and need overpower!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2015 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
well, i consider this anime is a kids show and i pretty enjoy it. i want to give 8/10 because of the enjoyment but the animation and some of the plot was really bad so i think 7/10 or maybe 7.5. the animation was just too bad but mysteriously i can still enjoy the show. maybe because of the plot, well some of them was so very... stupid but overall i enjoy it. the only soundtrack that i like is the second ending, that's all.

and i kinda interested in kagami's educational poilicy. to make everyone do what ever they want. obviously it is impossible but this is anime.....:). still, i don't recommend another season. i don't want to see that kind of animation again.

i guess , i better read the manga.
YizelTroDec 17, 2015 1:34 PM
Jan 17, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2014
where is people defend this studio..??

why u people don't watch this e..ehm.. lovely show of the year...
Saber
Feb 26, 2017 11:18 AM

May 2012
Quite a fun ending to this overall anime, it had quite a lovely setting and concept in my opinion and the overall pacing and development of the story and characters sure were pretty good!

The animation wasn't always up to par, but in general the overall picture was very lovely to watch.

So all in all a very good anime I must say!
Aug 13, 2017 10:33 PM
Feb 2016
this is the most mediocre anything ive seen in my whole life

most "5/10" anime ive ever seen.
Sep 23, 2017 11:34 PM

Jan 2016
Not the best series, I expected something kewl to happen but I guess it's just not possible.

Damn the hate for this anime increases everyday. I don't particularly hate it thougjh, I enjoyed it through the end even though it's kinda repetitive.

6.8(that makes 7 I guess)/10
Apr 8, 2018 3:21 AM
Apr 2018
I love it and thanks for making video
May 15, 2018 11:34 PM

Jun 2009
A rather questionable final message...

Suprisingly I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. 6/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpa Kyoushi (TV) Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

30 by ggultra2764 »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:46 AM

» Worth watching?

BestBoiEren - Dec 22, 2015

18 by ggultra2764 »»
Jan 26, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Denpa Kyoushi (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

33 by removed-user »»
Jan 21, 2022 7:39 AM

Poll: » Denpa Kyoushi (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

56 by removed-user »»
Jan 21, 2022 7:16 AM

Poll: » Denpa Kyoushi (TV) Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

49 by removed-user »»
Dec 9, 2021 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.