Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Jul 18, 2015 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
It was announced at the Summer School Festival MF Bunko 2015 event that a TV anime adaptation of fantasy light novel Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re: Life in a different world from zero) has been green-lit.

The series is written by Tappei Nagatsuki and illustrated by Shinichirou Ootsuka. It has also spawned several manga adaptations.

Synopsis
Suddenly, high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world, and with no sign of the one who summoned him, things become even worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious, silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru cooperates with her to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue, Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices he gained the ability "Returns by Death" and has become a helpless boy that only has the ability to rewind time by dying. Beyond the despair, can he save the girl from the fate of death? (Source: jCafe, edited)

Source: Yaraon

Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 5:41 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 18, 2015 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
Seriously? I was just thinking of trying the manga version and the LN getting an anime? Might as well wait for the anime.
Jul 18, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2014
That synopsis actually sounds really interesting
Jul 18, 2015 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
Looks interesting.
Jul 18, 2015 9:51 PM
Mar 2012
The announcement comes to no surprise as the domain name "re-zero-anime.jp" has been registered by Kadokawa some time ago, but I'm really glad to finally see some official confirmation.

Announcement visual:

On another note, I'm really hoping summoned/reincarnation fantasy light novel series receiving anime adaptions do not become mainstream, the English-speaking fandom currently is pretty tame and friendly and I don't want that tainted by anime-only viewers (like how it happened with the VRMMO genre). Nonetheless, if it promotes sales of the original source, I can grin and bear the negativities. A lot of series do need that boost.

In the meantime, perhaps I should resume translating the Re:Zero novel again...
-Karoshi-Jul 18, 2015 10:14 PM
Jul 18, 2015 9:52 PM

Mar 2015
The synopsis does indeed sound interesting.Any LN-readers here who can confirm if it's good or just wasted potential?
Jul 18, 2015 9:53 PM

Nov 2011
It's going to be 1 cour.

Anyways, the festival is still ongoing. I don't expect any other anime adaptations to be announced tonight but maybe more info on another already confirmed/existing series to be revealed...
Stark700Jul 18, 2015 9:58 PM
Jul 18, 2015 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
This sypnosis sounds interesting, I might as well read the LN soon

Mod Edit: Quote of removed post and comment removed.
rodacJul 19, 2015 1:27 AM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jul 18, 2015 9:55 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Nice. It finally gets an anime. I've only checked out one of its manga adaptations so far.
Jul 18, 2015 9:56 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Seems interesting, I'll give it a go.

NeoAnkara said:
Before anyone say it. No! HakoMari won't have anime.

How about Psycome. ;c

xD
Jul 18, 2015 9:59 PM

May 2014
THE HYPE IS REAL !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2015 10:08 PM
Mar 2012
HeroKenzan said:
The synopsis does indeed sound interesting.Any LN-readers here who can confirm if it's good or just wasted potential?
It's good and hopefully the anime will keep Subaru's monologues as a good portion of the novel does have him strategize in saving X, getting out of loops, etc. It gets pretty gruesome later on too when
Jul 18, 2015 10:10 PM

Sep 2011
So its basically all you need is kill/edge of tomorrow but with a fantasy setting?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 18, 2015 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
sounds good, looks good 2/2
Jul 18, 2015 10:14 PM

Sep 2012
OT : I won't try the anime, It still sounds like your average LN with little twist in the end, you know like Edge of tomorrow.

Mod Edit: Off topic comment removed.
rodacJul 19, 2015 1:29 AM
Jul 18, 2015 10:19 PM

Mar 2015
LastChapter said:
HeroKenzan said:
It's good and hopefully the anime will keep Subaru's monologues as a good portion of the novel does have him strategize in saving X, getting out of loops, etc. It gets pretty gruesome later on too when

thanks for the reply,I'll give it a try then. :)
Jul 18, 2015 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Another otaku-pandering light novel? Hmm.
Jul 18, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
Thank the gods. Didn't expect this.
Jul 18, 2015 10:32 PM

Sep 2012
Avok said:

I always wonder, Why guys like you always throw out some buzzwords in every LN news thread?
Jul 18, 2015 10:37 PM

Jul 2014
You got me at "silver-haired girl".
Jul 18, 2015 10:41 PM

Jun 2013
hmmm, sounds interesting!
Jul 18, 2015 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
Lol another Otaku-Pandering Wishfullfillment shit.

LastChapter said:

Lol, this will be LN version of Akame ga Kill, but with more edgy death characters with no depth.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 18, 2015 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
Calling it now, there will be a comedic scene where a girl gets angry at the MC and kills him, but it's totally alright because time reversal.
Jul 18, 2015 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
Inferno_Cop said:
Avok said:

I always wonder, Why guys like you always throw out some buzzwords in every LN news thread?

Because a grand amount if them are just the same empty and soulless otaku pandering crap.
I haven't read this so I don't know, but fantasy world, girls with colored hair, maybe magic... These thing have been used over and over to the point is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no LN hater by default. Look at my favorites, Hyouka is up there and it's a LN.

Btw, "guys like you"? In what sort of stereotype are you classifying me in? Lol
Jul 18, 2015 11:25 PM

Feb 2014
Sounds interesting. Will watch it.
Jul 18, 2015 11:26 PM

Apr 2014
Avok said:
Inferno_Cop said:

Because a grand amount if them are just the same empty and soulless otaku pandering crap.
I haven't read this so I don't know, but fantasy world, girls with colored hair, maybe magic... These thing have been used over and over to the point is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no LN hater by default. Look at my favorites, Hyouka is up there and it's a LN.

looking at ur list u havent even really watched the " same empty and soulless otaku pandering crap" shows to even judge them
Jul 18, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2015
oww yeah!!! i am looking forward to see it :)
Jul 19, 2015 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
Avok said:

Isn't it is same for all mediums, repeatating same things?At this point nothing is original, all you hope for a show actually using its potential if there is one.

I am not even a LN reader, I just find it amazing how quick people are to jump on the "pandering" bandwagon.

Don't worry, you will see those stereotypes in this thread crying with their usual "criticism"
-otaku pandering shit
-Japan shit taste
-wish fulfillment

Most will be from the same place on MAL.
Jul 19, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2011
I saw that license announcement coming a mile off.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 19, 2015 12:53 AM

Jul 2014
Sounds like Edge Of Tomorrow a bit, in which case I'm all for it.
Jul 19, 2015 1:22 AM

Oct 2013
"Protagonist being summoned to another world" is my all time favorite type of anime so I'm really looking forward to this!
Jul 19, 2015 1:26 AM

Mar 2013
sounds great :)
Jul 19, 2015 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Discussing another light novel which is not getting an adaptation without even attempting to discuss the subject of this news item is off-topic. Do it and your post will probably be removed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 19, 2015 2:08 AM

Nov 2011
Jul 19, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2009
Hard to tell the studio but the voice sound like Hanae Natsuki.

Another one added to my read list I guess. It's one of those low priority titles I'm putting off for later.
Jul 19, 2015 2:20 AM
Mar 2012
That PV was just beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing the anime now. But I see Priscilla, Crusch, and Anastasia, who all appear in volume 4. Time to welcome another rushed series...
Jul 19, 2015 2:32 AM
Jan 2010
Calling it now, there will be a comedic scene where a girl gets angry at the MC and kills him, but it's totally alright because time reversal.

NOPE. There would be tears, there would be blood, and there would be so much suffering that Berserk would look like K-ON in comparison.

Unfortunately, this also means that the original author doesn't know how to write anything other than pure unadulterated suffering, so he's lonely in his pedestal among the best of his genre that you can't really determine if it's good or not after putting aside the fact that it's utterly gut-wrenching.
Jul 19, 2015 2:44 AM
Feb 2011
The announcement visual kinda scared me that the designs might be to childish/colorful, but the PV showed that it's not, so I'm definitely checking out this.
Though after reading the synopsis imo, it will either be quite good or a huge trainwreck.
Jul 19, 2015 2:57 AM

May 2012
So your average high schooler gets transported to a fantasy world, who receives a mysterious power to save the world and included love interest? Gee, where have I heard that before. The artstyle is basically the same as any LN adaptation.

The time travel aspect COULD make it worthwhile, if done right. I just doubt it is.
Jul 19, 2015 2:58 AM

Jun 2014
checking it out after seeing the pv :D
:3
Jul 19, 2015 3:08 AM

Apr 2009
Transported into another world, saved by silver-haired beauty, blablabla. Can we get more 90s manga adaptions instead of the standard LN drivel, please?

who_dat_ninja said:
So your average high schooler gets transported to a fantasy world, who receives a mysterious power to save the world and included love interest? Gee, where have I heard that before. The artstyle is basically the same as any LN adaptation.

The time travel aspect COULD make it worthwhile, if done right. I just doubt it is.

Time travel is almost always not done right, so not exactly something to be positive about.

Loli-Sazanami said:

Lol, this will be LN version of Akame ga Kill, but with more edgy death characters with no depth.

So basically Akame ga Kill in even worse both in terms of writing and characters? That seems like a feat, and not a good one.
NidhoeggrJul 19, 2015 3:13 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 19, 2015 3:15 AM

Apr 2014
More 'self insert high schooler MC reincarnated in another world where he meets ton of girls who totally don't want his dick' LN crap?
Pass.

Expect the next few announcements to be mostly crap, since the MF Bunko Event is going on now, and they're an LN publisher. Don't get your hopes up for anything good to get adapted.
Jul 19, 2015 3:19 AM
Jan 2010
Transported into another world, saved by silver-haired beauty, blablabla. Can we get more 90s manga adaptions instead of the standard LN drivel, please?

More like saved by silver-haired beauty, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time... you get the point.

More 'self insert high schooler MC reincarnated in another world where he meets ton of girls who totally don't want his dick' LN crap?

Jul 19, 2015 3:31 AM

Apr 2014
Orix said:

More like saved by silver-haired beauty, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time, fucks up, gets silver-haired beauty killed, gets himself killed, resurrects to a previous time... you get the point.

Oh my bad. Let me rephrase that then.
So, it's more 'self insert high schooler MC reincarnated in another world where he meets ton of girls who totally don't want his dick and edgy shit happens in an attempt to make everything seem mature and well-written' LN crap?
Jul 19, 2015 3:35 AM
Jan 2010
Oh my bad. Let me rephrase that then.
So, it's more 'self insert high schooler MC reincarnated in another world where he meets ton of girls who totally don't want his dick and edgy shit happens in an attempt to make everything seem mature and well-written' LN crap?

Perfect.
Jul 19, 2015 3:43 AM

Apr 2009
Orix said:

Yeah, totally MATURE and not a shitty edgefest for misunderstood teens at all.
This is Grisaia levels of bad, nice. I will enjoy laughing at this, thanks for the heads up!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 19, 2015 3:44 AM

Jul 2014
So this will be a shittier version of Steins; Gate? Or an attempt of All you need is kill?

Seriously, they should stop making time travel series about constant death, it's overrated. Virtues last reward and Steins;Gate are the only 2 things I saw that pulled it off well.

TL;DR

Use time travelling for something else, a new concept.

Edit: animation looks purty though, so I'll probably pick it up.
YehartJul 19, 2015 3:47 AM
"Hi!"
Jul 19, 2015 3:47 AM

Dec 2013
I get weird deja vu feels when reading these LN adaptation synopsis.

I like the visuals though, what studio is making this?
Jul 19, 2015 3:54 AM

Dec 2011
robis798 said:
I get weird deja vu feels when reading these LN adaptation threads.

Fixed this for you.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 19, 2015 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Orix said:

Yeah, totally MATURE and not a shitty edgefest for misunderstood teens at all.
This is Grisaia levels of bad, nice. I will enjoy laughing at this, thanks for the heads up!

Except Grisaia is actually good though, at least the VN is.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

11 by Yubisoft »»
3 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
39 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
8 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.