Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another decent episode with the little parts of history added in.

Satoru and that little fox sure had an interesting relationship. I thought they were a lot more happier in the past.
Nov 3, 2013 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Makoto's dad is really such an awesome guy hehe.

And Gin's hilarious as usual XD
Lol'd so much when Gin was pretending to be asleep after Makoto asked him to help XD
Then when he said "Where's ur Kyaa thnk god" XDXDXD

Haru is a girl?? O_O
Nov 3, 2013 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Halfway through the episode I guessed Haru was going to be a girl! Her dislike of Makoto makes more sense this way. Sweet episode overall.
Nov 3, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2013
That was a touching moment near the end between Satoru and Haru. Who would have thought that Haru was a girl.
Nov 3, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2013
Sweet episode, nice to see Satoru and Haru reuniting. I was leaning on the side that Haru was male so finding out that she was female was rather surprising.
Nov 3, 2013 11:54 AM
Oct 2012
The most interesting thing in this episode for me was something they only alluded to: I want to know why Satoru's aunt hated her brother (i.e. Satoru's father) so much. I knew she resented Satoru, but I was expecting the usual "hated that woman he married, and their son has HER eyes" cliche, but that aunt has some serious loathing going on for her own brother. I hope that this comes up again sometime in the near future.

Looks like we swing back to some humor next episode, that is good. Two weeks of melodrama is about my limit. Don't mind it in that they moved through Satoru getting over his main issues pretty quickly, and Gin and Makoto are, as always, a very good pair. Gin's face palm when Makoto called Haru a "he", was classic, could be used as a dictionary illustration of the concept.
Nov 3, 2013 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
Just as an example of how well this show does things: the background picture of Makoto's father and mother while he is talking about separation and loss.

Makoto's father showed why he really is a good priest, even if he can't see the heralds and is basically a caretaker until Makoto comes of age.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 3, 2013 12:05 PM
Oct 2009
Ok last episode I thought Satoru was too much tsun, not enough dere.. But this time he was all dere all over the place, it was great xD seeing him blushing and crying and being honest and stuff. I was like, finally!

At the end it was all like 'kyun!' he finally smiled.
I still think he's too plain, but oh well.
SuzieNov 3, 2013 12:09 PM
Nov 3, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn't Haru as a girl obvious...LOL she's so emotional...
Teary teary...
Nov 3, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
heiqi1hu said:
Teary teary...

Exactly. I don't even know why some people thought she was male.
Nov 3, 2013 1:08 PM

Nov 2010
Haru's backstory's very nice
actually from Seigo to Togo and Satoru

Haru being female? Was expected darn Tsundere fox
Nov 3, 2013 1:13 PM
Aug 2011
Nice episode, I mostly liked seeing how Haru came to be in the shrine.

Tatsuo is a great guy.
Stating the obvious here, but what a difference when you welcome someone as opposed to taking someone in because you've been forced to.
Nov 3, 2013 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
HARU IS A GIRL! *shock* (kinda figured - tsundere vibe)

Great episode!!!
Nov 3, 2013 2:44 PM
Jul 2013
I didn't actually realise that Haru can also be a boys name? (my main point of reference being Haru in Studio Ghibli's Neko no Ongaeshi) and Haru just seemed like a girl to me as soon as she appeared in the show heh heh.
Nov 3, 2013 3:12 PM

Dec 2009
I... can't stand the drama. While the next episode looks like it will be on the lighter side, I think I will have to drop this. Shame, because it DOES have its moments :(
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 3, 2013 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad episode.

Nov 3, 2013 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
I thought Haru was a girl at first and then only figured she was a boy when she was referred to as "he." So yeah.

This was a really good episode, though.
Nov 3, 2013 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
What is this water under my eyes.
Gin awesome as always.
Nov 3, 2013 5:28 PM
Dec 2012
Satoru had thick hair from babyhood. Like Gin said, Haru is noisy.
Nov 3, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
Still mediocre for me. It's well executed but I just don't enjoy watching this that much. It's like episode 1: Too predictable. They fight, they split up, they get back together, tearfest. Repeat.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
heiqi1hu said:
Teary teary...

Plus she was very possessive of Satoru. Like "BITCH, DON'T TOUCH MY BOYFRIEND" possessive.
Nov 3, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2013
I assumed Haru was a girl before the character was introduced, but it seemed that last ep it was implied she was a he. Nice to see my original instinct confirmed.

Like others have pointed out, the best thing about this episode was the origins of Haru as a herald.
I really like this show and don't mind the drama at all.
Nov 3, 2013 5:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
heiqi1hu said:
Teary teary...

Me neither, mostly because of they way she acted against Makoto. Not sure if a male herald would be that possessive.

I really liked the backstory of Haru, as well as the flashback of when Satoru first saw Haru and how Haru took care of Satoru. I shed some tears when Satoru and Haru were reunited, that was a touching scene. I don't mind the drama so far that much either, but I'm not too fond of Makoto.
Nov 3, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly, I didn't catch the hints about Haru being a girl so I'm a little surprised now.
But everything makes sense I guess.

Btw, I'm happy that Satoru will stay in the shrine, next episode looks like the other girls will join him.
Nov 3, 2013 6:43 PM
Jul 2013
The background music in this episode, makes it very emotional and special, but it was of great pleasure for me to see how things are resolved between Haru and Satoru.

And I did not know that Haru was female.
Nov 3, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
Gin's awesome. Pretending to sleep, doing a Makoto impression and that facepalm at the end were just hilarious.

I honestly thought Haru was male and was just acting like a bratty little kid. Now it makes sense, a tsundere fox spirit haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 3, 2013 8:59 PM
Aug 2013
Really good episode. Made me shed some (very manly) tears. Never expected Haru to be a girl, she seemed too hyperactive and quick to judge like a little boy.
Nov 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
The mc irked me a bit in this ep and the last. She kept pestering Satoru after he made his decision, pulling him around and getting in his face. I was waiting for him to backhand her down those steps, nosy runt lol.
Nov 3, 2013 10:03 PM
Mar 2011
makoto reminds me of mihoshin at sora no manimani. these two are underrated series. just the right amount of drama and comedy (albeit predictable)

love this gingitsune so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Nov 3, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
Haru's a girl! That's the most shocking revelation I have seen in an anime.
Good episode, especially toward the end. Gintaro's impression made me laugh.
Nov 4, 2013 3:18 AM

Sep 2009
Ahaha. I laughed so much when Makoto just suddenly scream while saying,"How stupid are you?" :D
And when Gin pretending to be asleep. AHAHAH.
Nov 4, 2013 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
If it were not for a spoiler I read earlier, I would have been as shocked as many watchers in Japan to learn that Haru is female....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 6:24 AM

Dec 2008
Damn! I was hoping Haru would disappear. That is one annoying, little, bratty bitch! I may have to drop this if she stays around. The only two characters that have kept me engaged this long is Gin and Tatsuo.

Episode 6 will either make or break it for me.
Nov 4, 2013 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
Love the episode ..... looks like next episode will have more comedy "preview"
...............Haru is a girl wow

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 4, 2013 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Damn! I was hoping Haru would disappear. That is one annoying, little, bratty bitch! I may have to drop this if she stays around. The only two characters that have kept me engaged this long is Gin and Tatsuo.

Episode 6 will either make or break it for me.

Exactly my thoughts.
Nov 4, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
FEEELSSSSSS I can't stop crying T_________T Satoru and Haru's backstory
Nov 4, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2010
I think this is my favorite series this season. Makin' me cry. T_T
Nov 4, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
I believe that this anime deserves more attention. It's been quite enjoyable so far and Haru's backstory in this episode was very moving. I didn't expect her to be a girl though
Nov 4, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2010
Such feels this entire episode... <3 Loved it.
Nov 4, 2013 9:47 PM

Mar 2009
This episode, in particular, reminded me so much of Natsume's Book of Friends. Very emotional. I'd say this series finally has me hooked.
Nov 5, 2013 2:58 AM
Sep 2012
first piece of music was incredible

love how the show can tell a story by just using music and visuals, the way they showed us Haru's backstory was really well done. Really good episode :)
Nov 5, 2013 3:18 AM

Aug 2012
oh wow, dem feels :( i loved those flashbacks, Satoru's grandpa was truly a kindhearted man. I hope they will reveal some flashbacks about Gintaro and that lady who gave him the orange. Would love to see how he became a herald.

Mormegil said:
This episode, in particular, reminded me so much of Natsume's Book of Friends. Very emotional. I'd say this series finally has me hooked.

this!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 5, 2013 5:35 AM

Oct 2009
Gin was awesome as always, another really nice episode. I love the atmosphere in this show, so calm and soothing.
Nov 5, 2013 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty good and Haru's a girl!? 0.o Anyway have to say their reunion touched me a little.

Nov 5, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
Loved the flashbacks and how they were placed in the ep. When the ghost fox appeard i felt so sad. =/ and the scene where the fox body was buried under that tree was also touching. well done. Gin awesome as always and this ep Shouhei was also great. i like his kind behaviour. and i have to say it every time: the opening song is so fantastic! my #1 op song this season beside the Outbreak Company one. ^^
Nov 5, 2013 7:36 PM

Nov 2007
Nachtwandler_21 said:
heiqi1hu said:
Teary teary...

Because of this.

I am actually glad that it is a girl. I thought it was way too possessive for a male lol just like mayukachan said.

As for the episode, it was warm and fuzzy, just like spring. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 5, 2013 8:19 PM
Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
heiqi1hu said:
Teary teary...

Because of this.
I am actually glad that it is a girl. I thought it was way too possessive for a male lol just like mayukachan said.
As for the episode, it was warm and fuzzy, just like spring. :)

Also because all the other heralds were male, made it easy to assume that all would be.

I wasn't surprised that Haru was female, I wish I could claim it was insight or wisdom on my part, but it was simply because it didn't even dawn on me to assign a gender to the character. I also wish I could claim it was because of my research into the Inari cult, but nope I was just oblivious.

Speaking of that: in Japan Inari is of ambiguous gender. Generally Inari is considered a female, in the Buddhist form of Inari worship she is Benten, in the Shinto form she is usually considered the goddess of the harvest. But there are some forms where Inari is depicted as a male. In popular practice Inari is identified as a fox her/his self, but the priests will say that the foxes are merely Inari's messengers, though every single shrine will have multiple fox votive statues.

I think that Inari worship is the best way to see how different the Japanese think of religion from even the Chinese let alone the west. Everyone knows Inari, and the shrines are the most numerous in Japan, but so many facets of the religion and of Inari are unknown, even to the leaders of the sect. It is pure faith, with no sweating of the details. Everyone claims Inari for their own religion, but Inari doesn't really fit into either Buddhism or Shinto. Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How Inari worship started in Japan is completely unknown, but everyone does it.
Nov 6, 2013 5:37 AM

Apr 2013
So now we know how a Herald is born. Lol the part with Gintaro pretending to be happy :P
Nov 6, 2013 8:35 AM

May 2013
wow i never thought haru is a girl.... - -

haru voice seems like a boy to me

well it was an okay episode 3/5
Nov 6, 2013 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
Brutal opening scene.

That body slam :P

Gin's impersonation was priceless :D

A very good and emotional episode.
Nov 10, 2013 8:47 AM

Mar 2012
This was the best eps. so far! I love this anime! I think a lot of people might go off of the synopsis and have some misconception about what it is and not watch it. I am def. glad I picked this one up, because it is one of the better. It beats out some of the anime that throw random shit together and make no sense that are currently airing. Now I won't name names...and throw any anime under the bus...lol ok anyway yeah great anime!
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

91 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2013

58 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Gingitsune Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

51 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.