Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2018 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Neat episode. It really showed how much Rei cares about Hina. When she gets a cold, he is by her side and while it's not easy to watch, it's also really emotional to see how they connect more.

Very heartwarming character chemistry this episode. I feel like this second season did a good job at capturing the way characters connect and this episode was no exceptoin. (this even includes Rei and his father)

The food comedy is still there too to add in some humor lul
Stark700Mar 31, 2018 7:23 AM
Mar 31, 2018 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

The opening scene with the girls' grandpa saying that he had to live on for their sakes at the very least and he can't be as wild as he was before was really touching. I found it funny when he said he wanted at least Momo to get married early. XD
That said, I have real respect for the man.

Seeing Hina reflect on how so many people have left her broke my heart. That was so sad. :(
However, I'm glad she realized that Rei was still by her side.

That scene where Hina tripped with Kiriyama catching her was just inexplicably so good. I can't explain why I thought that was such a good scene.

Congratulations to Hina for getting into Rei's high school.
I loved how both Akari and grandpa have absolute trust in Rei and totally through off their aunt. XD
The scene with grandpa realizing the true Shogi monster Rei is, was awesome.

The final scene with Rei reflecting on how Hina has left such a deep impression on him and how her action's have helped him grow as a person was absolutely beautiful.
Mar 31, 2018 10:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm that discussion about their health sure was funny. Not the best news to tell Hina at this critical time though. The thought that she and Takahashi will be that far away from each other must be horrible for her. Its good that Hina's fever was gone in time for the exam. Congrats to Hina for passing the entrance exams. That was quite the victory feast there. The aunt sure overreacted when she was worried about Rei and Hina being alone. A heartwarming episode that showed how much Rei cared about Hina and how meeting and helping her has changed him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, someone different than Kiriyama mentioned that father no one is talking about ... now im curious even more as i was.

Also today two episodes in a row ? Great.
Mar 31, 2018 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
Don't worry it's Rei after all xD Pretty hilarious howmuch they think of him as loser well they think of him.

Rei caring for Hina all the time was so touching,I also loved the part where he stated that he'd do everything he can as long as it is within his reach. The party afterwards was well deserved.

Episode concluded with a sweet father son moment.

Exited to see how this season is going to wrap up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2018 10:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Rei and Hina again!!! kekeke ;)
Mar 31, 2018 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
Wonderful episode. The girl's grandpa is simply amazing for working so hard to support them. I have the upmost respect for him. Hina reflecting on the people leaving her was sad, but then realized she still has Rei. Congratulations to Hina for getting into Rei's high school. Everyone is happy for her. The ending with Rei's father was nice.
Mar 31, 2018 11:39 AM
Mar 2015
Hina was able to get into Rei's school thanks to his tutoring . Glad she was able to realize all the people she had left not just those who were gone. Interesting that he is now meeting his father on his way down and Rei's way up the shogi ladder Still it was nice of him to reach out to Rei and walk with him
landofthekwtMar 31, 2018 11:50 AM
Mar 31, 2018 12:29 PM

Nov 2007
End card by Koyama Chuuya-sensei!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 31, 2018 1:00 PM

Aug 2016
What a wonderfull episode once again, had a big smile with tears in my eyes throughout the episode :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 31, 2018 1:16 PM

May 2016
That was so fulfilling a combination if emotions I must say.
Mar 31, 2018 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
Lovely episode.

Rei helping Hina study & reassure her that everything is going to be OK when she was sick was amazing.

Congrats Hina on passing your exams & making it to High School. All that food Akari made looks so delicious.

LOL Aunt Misaki a bit suspicious of Rei, but after Hina passing is so warm & inviting.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 31, 2018 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
That conversation between grandpa Kawamoto and the doctor worried me a lot. I know it has comedic elements and all, but the prospect of him dying during the course of the story is a thought that scares me. I hope the best for him.

I lost my shit the reactions of Akari and grandpa to Misaki's worry that Rei could take advantage of Hina, especially grandpa's response.
So happy Hina aproved the test! Even with the flu and her friends distancing from her (literally), she did it!
I love her relationship with Rei, is amazing how a single person has managed to make him progress so much from his position at the beginning of the first season. May God bless the two.

The ending with Rei and her father somehow felt like a perfect ending tfor the season, not gonna lie. Still excited for the last episode.
Mar 31, 2018 4:33 PM

Apr 2007
God how is this anime so perfect. I don't even want to watch the final episode because I can't bear to see it end.
Mar 31, 2018 4:36 PM

Feb 2011
God, how I love this show.

Swagernator said:
Damn, someone different than Kiriyama mentioned that father no one is talking about ... now im curious even more as i was.

If you don't have read the manga, wait for a third season to get your answers (it's another great arc).
Music is freedom
Mar 31, 2018 4:42 PM

Apr 2016
LOL their grandpa is so worried about staying around until all three girls are married off
I also loved the aunt being worried about Hina being alone with Rei but everyone just trusts him so much
Rei has changed so much, I feel so proud of him :,)
Mar 31, 2018 7:05 PM

Dec 2015
Another wonderful episode!! I have never seen Kiriyama nor Hina show any romantic emotion for the other, but now, maybe Rei will slowly start to feel something for her.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 1, 2018 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
Grandpa Kawamoto is hard-working, but I even thought his age was less than the 80 year old that he is. That alone makes me respect him even more than I do now. =)

As for Hina, I'm glad that she was able to pass her entrance exams, despite having a fever prior to it, and now she'll be attending the same high school as Rei. She was treated to a massive food feast to celebrate as well. It looked yummy! =3

Aunt Misaki was crazy worried about Rei and Hina being left alone in the house that made the scene really funny. Then I laughed like mad after seeing Gramps reaction to Misaki's worries with a facial expression that was pure gold! XD

Rei has also done really well for himself too. He's been on a strong winning streak at Shogi and also met his father, who avoided demotion, for the first time we've seen him in ages.

One episode left and thankfully, it's already available to watch. =)
Apr 1, 2018 1:20 AM

Dec 2014
yes two episodes came together...nice episode really liked it...a sense of departing was felt
Apr 1, 2018 4:36 AM

Jan 2017
I am too scared for the old man...i don't wanna overthink it, but just the fact of his health becoming an issue in the series just worries me too much.

The aunt's scenes were just too much fun. Gave it a nice spin and i laughed way too much.

Now, Rei and Hina. And how Rei talked about her has to be one of the sweetest things i've seen ever. Such devotion...lord. I was screaming so hard <3.

Overall, a lovely episode. Filled with emotion and heartwarming moments. I don't wanna face the fact this is ending...
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Apr 1, 2018 5:10 AM

Jul 2014
Another wonderful episode, one that could have worked perfectly well as a season finale and I wouldn't have complained. A lot of the arcs, themes etc of this second season finally came full-circle, and at the same time a couple of future plot threads were also set up, for what I hope will be a third season as soon as possible.
Apr 1, 2018 7:47 AM

Jul 2014
whoa that end card was made by Chuuya Koyama, author of Space Brothers..!! So that's why i saw Mutta a second in Rei image..
Apr 1, 2018 8:11 AM
Jan 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode as always.

The opening scene with the girls' grandpa saying that he had to live on for their sakes at the very least and he can't be as wild as he was before was really touching. I found it funny when he said he wanted at least Momo to get married early. XD
That said, I have real respect for the man.

Seeing Hina reflect on how so many people have left her broke my heart. That was so sad. :(
However, I'm glad she realized that Rei was still by her side.

That scene where Hina tripped with Kiriyama catching her was just inexplicably so good. I can't explain why I thought that was such a good scene.

Congratulations to Hina for getting into Rei's high school.
I loved how both Akari and grandpa have absolute trust in Rei and totally through off their aunt. XD
The scene with grandpa realizing the true Shogi monster Rei is, was awesome.

The final scene with Rei reflecting on how Hina has left such a deep impression on him and how her action's have helped him grow as a person was absolutely beautiful.

Totally agreed with your opinion, it was sad and then moving ans suddenly brighten up when they all celebrated hina's passing the school exam. I'm totally brought by the atmosphere the show shown to us, the OSTs are so damn beautiful :")
Apr 1, 2018 8:22 AM
Jan 2017
Said Hina"juicy karaage No.1゙
Apr 1, 2018 12:46 PM

Jun 2016
People should stop shipping Rei and Hina really..
Apr 1, 2018 3:18 PM

May 2015
Hina passed. Who would guess? ;)

Grandpa you should be fine and see Momo getting married. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2, 2018 1:10 AM
May 2015
I think this anime should be at the top 5 or at least at the top 10 💗
Apr 2, 2018 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
I loved how proud the grandpa looked when he was picturing his granddaugther's wedding.

This episode was full of feels, even more than usual. At least for me.
Apr 2, 2018 2:05 PM

Feb 2008
Misaki has been in the field for too long. Seeing her allusions dismissed by Akari and her grandfather was amusing. It made her new-found sympathy for Rei even more hilarious.

On another note, best of luck to Someji for marrying off his granddaughters...
Apr 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2007
Akari with her hair down, even more beautiful than usual...

But dammit, Shaft, what were you guys thinking when you did this with her hand?

Apr 3, 2018 10:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hina and Rei in the same high school, and the baseball player so far, it´s possible that in the next season the born of love or something between the youngs!!!
Rei is Rei and the aunt flashbacks was hilarious too!!! Right?
Apr 4, 2018 3:43 AM

Oct 2008
Such an excellent episode!
Gramps needs to strive in order to take care all of the three Kawamato Sisters!
Kiriyama messed-up a bit there! He should not have mentioned Takahashi to Hina-chan!
Hina-chan got a very low fever the day before the entrance ceremony! Kiriyama assured Hina-chan that everything will be all right!
YEY! Hina passed the entrance exam!
LOL at the Auntie so concerned about Hina & Kiriyama left alone at the house, but both Akari & Jii-chan have 100% full trust to Kiriyama! That part cracked me-up, so hilarious!
KIRIYAMA IS REALLY LIKE A FAMILY TO KAWAMOTO!
LOL at Jii-chan's expression to the supremacy of Kiriyama's Shogi abilities!
Kiriyama met his dad (his shogi mentor as well) and both will be on B2 category as well in Shogi matches!
5/5.

Apr 7, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2016
Such a pure and heartwarming relationship. Man this show always has me choked up
Apr 7, 2018 7:50 PM

Jul 2009
Big focus on Hina and her entrance exam. Man, that scene where she found out Takahashi was leaving really hit me :( I was hoping that she'd see him, but I guess not. Still, I'm glad she managed to realize that she still has people supporting her, even if others she loves are leaving too. Everyone not caring about Rei ... lol, what can I say, I feel as though I just can't ship them together as their friendship is just too pure :P At the end though ... woah, Rei's father appears?! That was unexpected! I wonder if we'll see more of this family and Kyouko too?! I really liked her in S1 and she hasn't appeared at all this season IIRC ... well, looks like we may see more of Rei's dad though they'll likely be in the same shogi class next season (if it's coming of course) :O
Apr 8, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Don't worry it's just Rei....I couldn't stop laughing.

I really hope there is another season.
Apr 8, 2018 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Damn. They again proofed this is worthy of a 10

Was really heartwarming to see them having so much "trust" or rather positive opinion about Rei.

PS: we got this into the top 10. It totally deserved this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 19, 2018 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
The last 'moving picture' I watched before this was Utsu Musume Sayuri for some reason, and I ended up thinking of the 'please please please strike me' scene when their cat snuggled up on Kiriyama in the second half. Now I feel acutely terrible.
Apr 29, 2018 3:44 AM
Jul 2016
This one was so emotionally fulfilling I thought it was already the last episode...

Poor Rei (or maybe good for him?), Hina's family doesn't think/feel like he's a romantic prospect for her. Or maybe they've already approved of them in their hearts. Ah, very innocent love.
Aug 9, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2012
Really glad Hina passed! Really did a great job and so did Rei!

Quite loved that ending as well and I do have to say I wonder what the last episode has to offer of this second season to be honest.

Let's see what's next.
Aug 24, 2018 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
Hooray for Hina!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 2, 2019 1:10 PM

Mar 2018
Wonderful episode and it is the second to last. I was already slowing down so that those episodes would last longer but I have still reached the end. How sad. I felt like hugging Hina. Rei thought she was heartbroken because she has/had a crush on Takahashi but it was more than that. When she reflected how many people she cared about have left her. I really felt for her. I was so glad when Hina passed especially after catching the flu and everything. God I love this show.
huntress1013Feb 2, 2019 1:14 PM
Mar 20, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2017
Is the show hinting at Rei and Hina becoming a thing? Because I'm not here for it. I'd rather a heartwarming show where Rei finds the surrogate family that he's always needed, not a love story
Apr 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Feb 2013
Hina passed the exam and Rei is going up the ranks, yay!
But lol, Akari and grandpa really trust Rei.
Jul 1, 2019 10:25 PM

Sep 2017
I don't want this show to end. Don't do this to me Shaft.

Momo better get married soon. Someji has a good reason for wanting to stay alive as long as possible. Rei really is a good studier. I wish I was that good in high school... Unfortunate that Takahashi is going to another school. Pretty high fever. It always is unfortunate to get sick right before an important exam. However, this sickness may have been for the best. Now she is forced to relax before the big day. Rei and Hina are so cute together. I love it so much. I was hoping for two things. First, that they wouldn't drag out the exam too long. Second, that Hina would get in. And not only did they cut straight to the celebration, but they were celebrating her acceptance! Stop it with the food. My God. Misaki's reaction to Rei staying the night was funny. Hayashida shipping Rei and Hina continue to be hilarious. Eight wins in a row? Rei really is a monster. The last two minutes were masterful. A perfect reunion between father and son.

I almost don't want to watch the final episode. If I put this show on hold, it will never end, right?
Oct 5, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
Whoa Akari is younger than I thought she would be
Rei is on a win streak, quite nice to see it is going good with him, and that endscene with the dad really shows how Rei has been positively changed compared to the first episode of the first season

Mmmhhhmmm the grandpa has his reasons to worry, waiting until Momo gets married before dying, *looks at Momo playing with mudballs* ...yeah quite some time....

Oct 21, 2019 12:17 AM

Sep 2018
Wahh Grandpa ;( that's so sad, you can't prevent death but it will be very devastating for 3 girls for sure.. I'm worried to Akari, I hope she will marry with a very responsible guy, she deserves it TT--TT Hina have Rei so her future is already secured.

Hina!! Why?? She still like Takahashi :D I can't blame her though, but Rei is more better!! I root for him all the way.

Yey!! Hina passed the exam!!!
Nov 15, 2019 1:03 PM

Oct 2018
Beautiful episode!
One more left :c
Apr 16, 2020 11:26 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly, I'd begun to forget this is supposed to be an anime about shogi. Where is the shogi action .-.
Sep 4, 2020 11:55 PM

Nov 2018
Though I haven't seen the show yet, I knew straight away that the author of Space Brothers drew that end card.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 14, 2020 3:51 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The last 5 minutes of this episode are probably my favorite of the whole show. 3-gatsu no Lion <3
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

127 by samsince04 »»
Jun 11, 8:59 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

251 by Randomega »»
Jun 4, 11:17 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 10, 2018

113 by Randomega »»
Jun 4, 7:42 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

107 by Randomega »»
Jun 3, 9:21 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

85 by Randomega »»
Jun 3, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.