Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2016 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah another well rounded fun episode. More school life content this type and relationship building between Papika and Cocona.

There's some shower fan service but I didn't find it too distracting.
Kinda more curious about that Senpai girl though. The fantasy elements are alright, not as intense as the previous episode but still colorful.
Oct 27, 2016 6:39 AM

Aug 2016
So, the antagonist's plan is to...take over the world...

See anime and figure reviews below.
http://tinyurl.com/DrLockdownYoutube
Oct 27, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2012
Definitely a bit of a break episode after all of last week's craziness, both in terms of story and animation. A much more simple, down to earth, slice-of-life-esque episode strengthening the relationship between Cocona and Papika...with gratuitous nude scenes galore! XD Plus a Let's Lagoon/Cast Away/FMA style setup. Judging by the ending next week should bring the craziness back! Plus some horror! XD
Oct 27, 2016 6:50 AM

Jan 2015
Trapped in a "Secret" island two days before school exam. That seems interesting.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 27, 2016 6:53 AM

May 2012
Aww. Definitely liked the slow episode and bonding between the two this episode, though I really wouldn't mind another episode like the 3rd episode lol

Guess each episode'll have some sort of theme, maybe.

Oct 27, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2015
A relaxed episode indeed, with their magical transformation explained more plot and a bit of "plot" revealed. But that "My parents died in an accident when I was still a baby. I have no memory at all" smells fishy to me. Well then I'll prepare myself for more action and eyegasm next week!
Oct 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 2014
I've read enough Berserk to know where this is going xD

A nice relaxing episode in contrast of the super hyping episode 3.
Oct 27, 2016 7:41 AM
Aug 2013
Hey look, it's Cocona- oh wait...

Oct 27, 2016 7:45 AM

Nov 2014
Papika's makeshift huts are so cute.

There was a bit of MariMite scarf fixing.

Papika and Cocona ended up having their second sleepover on a deserted island.

There hasn't been a boring moment yet with this show.

5/5
Oct 27, 2016 8:44 AM

Jan 2010
good transitional episode from the intense battle from before
and papika's "home" is so colorful and so bright, i love it way more than i should!

i absolutely loved the music too.
i'm really looking forward to next week's ep though. esp. yayaka v. papika fight (?)

and here's a very cute uexkull
cottonpieOct 27, 2016 8:52 AM
Oct 27, 2016 8:50 AM

May 2010
A more linear start this time.

I bet the grandpa used to be an old magical girl. Or whatever they become after transforming.

Did Cocona just have a symbolical sexual dream? That thing looked like... yup. Was she subconsciously/consciously thinking about doing this and that with Papika, and hence the dream?

World conquest. Okay that seems a bit plain but I bet it's deeper than that. Or at least the execution will be good.

Dem fanservice.

Cocona looking at the mud in her hand. Is that her being scared of being messed up. She seems to be scared of opening up, too. Very conscious esp. around Papika.
After spending an night together, they got closer and synchronized.
They built a raft. These girls are pretty cool.
That "flirting" while they were travelling to the other dimension tho. Is a bad sign. A conflict is definitely coming up.
Oct 27, 2016 9:57 AM

Feb 2016
cute episode overall, worked on the relationship between Papika and Cocona, but we all know what happens when they show us this kind of Character development...

TragicRomance said:

That "flirting" while they were travelling to the other dimension tho. Is a bad sign. A conflict is definitely coming up.

That's what I fear
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 27, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2016
another great episode more on developing the relationshiip of cocona and papika.. demn that papika's room so cute that makes me want to sleep there too .. XD
Oct 27, 2016 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
Stand by for random stream of consciousness.

Jun Fukushima (the Seiyuu who plays the pink haired scientist) sounds like a Japanese version of Billy West (playing Skeets, the robot sidekick of superhero Booster Gold). Honestly go listen to the two next to each other it's uncanny.

Goddamn, that's the biggest onigiri jelly filled donut I have ever seen.

Shower and bath scenes were unnecessary, I really wish they would ease up on the loli fanservice.
Oct 27, 2016 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode indeed.
Papika's house is perfect <3

Character development between Papika and Cocona

Looking forward to next episode
Oct 27, 2016 11:58 AM
Jul 2016
I didn't like the pacing of this episode.
Oct 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2015
Was that a fucking dodo they stole the egg from? Moreover, what the hell was any of what they ate?
Oct 27, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
A Flip Flappers' version of a beach episode. Kind of reminded me of the FMA episode where Ed and Al are forced to get marooned on a deserted island.

Papika's house is like the best pillow/blanket fort.

And I'm glad the quality of art and animation is still consistently good.
Oct 27, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
Papika is awesome. Kokona definitely need a friend like her.
And btw, Kokona's grandmother definitely knows something.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 27, 2016 2:30 PM

Feb 2008
Island arc of Nadia done in 12min and actually good?!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 27, 2016 2:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
DrLockdown said:
So, the antagonist's plan is to...take over the world...

Now I'm expecting Pinky and The Brain to show up.

AvidAnimeViewer said:
Was that a fucking dodo they stole the egg from? Moreover, what the hell was any of what they ate?

A kiwi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi), though they don't (normally) get that big.

Actually, at that exact scene I burst out laughing. My teenage son, dutifully doing his homework, asked what I was laughing about. I replayed the scene for him. He asked me what the show was about. I...told him I couldn't explain it.

It's okay - he already knows I'm weird.

(edit)
I usually roll my eyes at gratuitous fanservice scenes, but for some reason occasionally they don't bother me. I guess context/presentation make a difference in how I see it. For instance, I dropped Soushin Shoujo Matoi because of the way Matoi's 'predicament' after each transformation was being handled (among other things). And it often bothered me in the recent "New Game" (which I otherwise really enjoyed). But here, I didn't even take that shower scene in that way until I read some comments about it here as I was posting above. I was more focused on the conversation between the two (and the robot and the rabbit thing). (shrug)
CratexOct 27, 2016 2:45 PM
Oct 27, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2016
Mascera said:
Trapped in a "Secret" island two days before school exam. That seems interesting.

Seems a little over-dramatic in the 'AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW' kind of way, and I miss the trips to Pure Illusion, but it could be worse. It wasn't boring in any way, unlike other pocket dimension anime.

Is that what it is? A pocket dimension? I'm just calling it that because I haven't read the manga. Is there a manga?
See anime and figure reviews below.
http://tinyurl.com/DrLockdownYoutube
Oct 27, 2016 2:55 PM

Oct 2015
Well I guess I should have expected a more down to earth episode after mad max: yuri road in episode 3.

I'm not complaining though, the second half was comfy and there are a couple of more plot developments. Yayaka and the other two are collecting fragments for "world domination", Cocona "doesn't remember" her family (not necessarily dead) and at the end cocona has fully accepted the yuri.

Even more fanservicey in this episode with the short shower/bath scenes but honestly the first 3 episodes before were pretty fanservice heavy too, if that sort of thing bothers you, you should just stop watching now.
Oct 27, 2016 3:36 PM
May 2011
Holy fucking shit. Visually this is just another level to anything else this season. Usually you'd expect the quality to have declined by the second episode a la Yuri on Ice. To have no less than four episodes where it just keeps getting better; I am not worthy.
Oct 27, 2016 3:44 PM
Jun 2015
The loli fan service continues as they get trapped on a deserted island. At least there is some believable character development instead of it appearing forced like the last episode with the dom spider lady.
Oct 27, 2016 4:11 PM

Aug 2012
-Yeah, there was nothing not ominous about that dream sequence
-Come to think of it, Yayaka did mention some sort of sickness earlier in the show
-Art club-chan starting to seem unusually prominent
-S E K A I S E I F U K U
-Random shower scene outta nowhere
-Huh, so that scene in the episode preview at the end of episode 3 wasn't in a Pure Illusion
-The scene where Papika finds Cocona in the middle of the forest was kind of adorable
-When Papika and Cocona were plugging the leaky bath why did it look like 392 and Uexkull were plotting something

It didn't really feel like anything happened this episode other than the reveal about Cocona's parents, Yayaka's motivation in collecting the amorphous, and the weird dream sequence Cocona had at the beginning. The whole wilderness thing just didn't appeal to me as much as the Pure Illusions of the previous episodes did. Next episode looks like something I'd like from the preview, though.
Oct 27, 2016 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. One never knows what to expect with this series. The Electric Cocona and Papika Acid Trip.

Papika's house was awesome. I want to live there.
Oct 27, 2016 6:03 PM

Dec 2014
Some great character bonding this episode. A lot more calming than usual, which is a nice change of pace.
Oct 27, 2016 7:18 PM

Jun 2013
So Cocona and Papika have to live together and do everything together in order to get closer to each other for their transformation and Pure Illusion whatever. The mahou shoujo transformation requires them to be in synchrony emotionally and for that they have to get to know each other better. And for that purpose, Paprika will go to Cocona's school and they'll live together in that tunnel. Quite some nudity here. Papika sleeping naked with Cocona and the latter having no problem sleeping with a naked girl. Also I noticed Papika's apparent aversion towards footwear. Or maybe it isn't just restricted to footwear and is towards all kinds of wearable items.
Also, the real world here is almost as weird as Pure Illusion. What kind of things were they eating? And what the hell is Uexhall?

Yayaka tells that she's collecting the fragments because her side wants world domination. I swear each time I hear "world domination" I remember how gloriously Reigan dissed that idea. But what does Salt's side want? He said something about merging Pure Illusion with the real world (something like that), but what does that mean?

I was expecting more revelations about this fragment thing and Pure Illusion from Yayaka, but she didn't say anything other than her side's intention to dominate the world. But they reveal here that the reason why they could transform was because their feelings were in sync. They can go to Pure Illusion on their own too if they're in sync.

Cocona's granny easily letting her go to stay at some friend's house without asking who the friend is or why is she staying there, does seem a bit suspicious. Could even be that Cocona is someone like Papika with unknown origins and having been fed false information all this time. But I think it's more because Cocona's parents are dead and granny wants to let Cocona do whatever and not be too strict with the poor kid. Granny probably only wants Cocona to be happy and nothing else.

As opposed to the last episode which almost entirely took place in Pure Illusion, this one takes place in the real world entirely and ends with them going into Pure Illusion while reaffirming that they won't leave the other's side at all. Pretty good episode. Yayaka and the other two have been triggered now and they're gonna move into Pure Illusion now. Another confrontation between the two girls who are supposedly best friends.
Oct 27, 2016 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
I love this so much, the two main characters have such a cute chemistry and its all around such a great show!
Oct 27, 2016 8:13 PM

Jun 2013
Im not sure i understand the fan service thing people are talking about, there was a shower scene and bath scene but it was nothing gratuitous and it felt natural to me.
Oct 27, 2016 9:40 PM

Jun 2015
Nice bonding episode, I really enjoyed it! Papika and Cocona are really cute together :D As for easing up on fan service... what? Give me more if anything lol. There wasn't any fan service at all, the shower and bath scenes are only as sexual as you make them ;P Pretty kosher imo.
Oct 27, 2016 9:56 PM

Apr 2014
FUCKING GOAT.
AOTS.
Oct 27, 2016 10:07 PM
Apr 2016
Another great episode. I just love Cocona and Papika's friendship. The chemistry feels extremely genuine
Oct 27, 2016 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
so i guess everytime their impedance level are down they open the gate to pure illusion?

and lol at the typical goal of world domination from the villains
Oct 28, 2016 12:46 AM

Jun 2016
let the yuri undertones continue, 10/10 I'm loving this show every week
Oct 28, 2016 4:14 AM

Nov 2008
series continues to impress ; good characters godo chemistry good plot ; the art and music are both fantastic and each episode so far has built very well off the other -
Oct 28, 2016 4:39 AM

Dec 2015
I seriously love this show, Papika is so freakin cute.
Oct 28, 2016 7:06 AM

Mar 2015
I can't get enough of the artwork

It's like 2001 A Space Odyssey, Doctor Strange and Interstellar had a baby
Oct 28, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2014
Anyone else think of WindWaker at all?? OOOOOOIIIIIII
Oct 28, 2016 9:20 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty nice, calm episode, i bet Cocona parents aren't really death, looking forward for next episode, Papika vs Yayaka :) So twins are both girls? i've thought short haired one was a boy.
Oct 28, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2010
omg I feel like something bad will happen to Papika I hope not..
loved the ep
Oct 28, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
No no Cocona, instead of asking Yayaka why she's collecting the crystal things you should be asking why you're collecting them yourself. But yeah, the FlipFlap members aren't being very informative.....
Oct 28, 2016 5:06 PM

Nov 2014
I liked this episose a lot more than the previous one. very adorable! the story moves slowly but I can enjoy the gentle grooves. Papika is a very fun character, I like her a lot.
Oct 28, 2016 8:36 PM

Jul 2015
I'm almost certain that the grandma will play an important role... similar to Yoshiyama Kazuko in The girl who leapt through time.
Oct 28, 2016 9:01 PM

Jul 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Giant fiddlehead ferns, giant kiwi eggs and tomato
Oct 28, 2016 9:05 PM

Aug 2015
Grani-smith said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Giant fiddlehead ferns, giant kiwi eggs and tomato

After looking back I saw the bird was actually a giant kiwi. Didn't actually know what fiddlehead ferns were though, thanks. Learn something everyday
Oct 28, 2016 11:17 PM

Aug 2011
good slow episode to counteract last week. still my favorite looking anime of the year , really wish this got more attention
Oct 28, 2016 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
This show is so hectic, aimless, colorful and fun lol. Glad I found it.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 28, 2016 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
Stupid show is only 5 mins :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

213 by Puncheon »»
Sep 11, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

190 by DELLspencer »»
Jul 14, 11:01 AM

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Bastodon »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.