Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2016 4:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Yayaka being mean as usual. No surprise there although I find her even a bit childish this episode.

Papika apparently has some memory of Mimi while Cocona gets caught in a trap. Damn, this episode was tense. Also interesting to see a bit of Yayaka especially when she met Cocona the first time.
Dec 1, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
Well holy shit I really didn't expect that to happen. While I doubt Yayaka will die I didn't expect them wankhead twins to just try and kill her all of a sudden.

That after credit scene though.
Get your shit straight Brenda
Dec 1, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2012
Yayaka finally did a heel-face turn. She can't be dead. So KKK guy's behind Papika going crazy. We still need more background info on her and this Mimi. I hope she doesn't go so crazy that Cocona hasta fight her, we already saw that once with the roles reversed. That was enough.
Dec 1, 2016 5:49 AM

Jan 2015
Yayaka's position is in pinch now. Cocona still thinking about Papika's mistake earlier. I wonder if the twins real intention is too make Cocona hate Papika for real.
Look at those booty. LOL
MasceraDec 1, 2016 6:04 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 1, 2016 6:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was intense! I hope, Yayaka isn't dead.

Still need more information of Mimi and her relation to Papika.
Dec 1, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2015
After that fight Yayaka will surely be replaced with that new Amorphous girl, I'm really hope that she sides with the Flip Flap next time and surely she's not dead she's equipped with the legendary plot-armor, the after credit scene... that surely hit Cocona right in the kokoro.

Buu-chan and Uexkull doing the preview is hilarious I understand almost nothing.
SeijiroUshioDec 1, 2016 6:15 AM
Dec 1, 2016 6:18 AM

Nov 2013
Finally, the plot is starting to move again.
Dec 1, 2016 6:19 AM

Feb 2016
So now this time, with the Pure Illusion now pretty clearly Yayaka's, the Flip Flappers seems to be a bit going much more direct than usual. Nothing in this episode seems to have any unclear or debatable meanings compared to previous episodes. This is pretty clearly Yayaka's episode, and almost everything that happened all revolved around her. I don't think you need to be too smart to know that Yayaka was pretty jealous of Papika.

Also, some other notes, I really enjoyed the music that played over the hospital scene. I'm sure not everyone noticed it, but I believe it to be rather striking. Although, as not an expert in music, I can't really describe it. You'll just have to go back and check. Another note would be how brutal-ler the fight scenes have become. This episode, all the impacts, punches, and kicks really feel like they connect much more than those in previous episodes, and for good reason too. This episode was a slightly darker one, and it makes sense that the fights would hurt more too. Less clashing, more actually hitting the opponent. I can't wait to see the Sakuga blogpost to see who worked on this episode.

Lastly, Mimi. Most likely the blue-haired girl who was almost assigned to be with the twins this episode. If she is that girl, I'm not exactly hyped towards her reveal. I don't know. She just doesn't seem to be that interesting of a character. There are ways to express a character just by looking at her and how she poses herself, however nothing has yet to actually strike me about her that indicates her as a real living character. Of course, if Mimi doesn't turn out to be that blue-haired girl, then this becomes invalid. However, because of the way they framed the previews, revealing the blue-haired girl at the same time as a new character's name was revealed, it'd most likely be her. Of course, many shows have used red herrings like this. (I can't name any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some.)
"There’s no point in the world. But isn’t that wonderful? Because if there isn’t one, then you can decide what it is for yourself."
~ Filicia Heideman, Sora no Woto

"Senpai...please grow up."
~ Fumi Manjoume, Aoi Hana

"I wonder what tomorrow will bring."
~ Yunocchi, Hidamari Sketch: Sae and Hiro's Graduation Arc

Dec 1, 2016 7:08 AM

Jun 2016
I love their transformations more and more every episode. I hope Yayaka joins them and gets a nice transformation aswell.
who's Mimi?

Dec 1, 2016 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
What an episode!
Papika and Cocona must be protected!!!
Dec 1, 2016 7:39 AM

Nov 2015
Oh my god don't tell me that Yayaka is dead! She can't be.

Dec 1, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
That preview's speech is full of wisdom xDDD

It's insteresting that Sayaya was with the KKK group since kid and Cocona is jelly by Mimi lol
Dec 1, 2016 8:29 AM

Aug 2015
Jaguar-chan said:
So now this time, with the Pure Illusion now pretty clearly Yayaka's, the Flip Flappers seems to be a bit going much more direct than usual. Nothing in this episode seems to have any unclear or debatable meanings compared to previous episodes. This is pretty clearly Yayaka's episode, and almost everything that happened all revolved around her. I don't think you need to be too smart to know that Yayaka was pretty jealous of Papika.

Also, some other notes, I really enjoyed the music that played over the hospital scene. I'm sure not everyone noticed it, but I believe it to be rather striking. Although, as not an expert in music, I can't really describe it. You'll just have to go back and check. Another note would be how brutal-ler the fight scenes have become. This episode, all the impacts, punches, and kicks really feel like they connect much more than those in previous episodes, and for good reason too. This episode was a slightly darker one, and it makes sense that the fights would hurt more too. Less clashing, more actually hitting the opponent. I can't wait to see the Sakuga blogpost to see who worked on this episode.

Lastly, Mimi. Most likely the blue-haired girl who was almost assigned to be with the twins this episode. If she is that girl, I'm not exactly hyped towards her reveal. I don't know. She just doesn't seem to be that interesting of a character. There are ways to express a character just by looking at her and how she poses herself, however nothing has yet to actually strike me about her that indicates her as a real living character. Of course, if Mimi doesn't turn out to be that blue-haired girl, then this becomes invalid. However, because of the way they framed the previews, revealing the blue-haired girl at the same time as a new character's name was revealed, it'd most likely be her. Of course, many shows have used red herrings like this. (I can't name any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some.)

I don't think she's Mimi but rather I think she has something to do with Mimi's disappearance and I feel like she's the strongest of the magical girls in the series considering her appearance late in the show, probably the KKK group's trump card.
Dec 1, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2014
This show is sitting firmly in my top 5 of the year. It's been consistently brilliant.

Hopefully Mimi, whoever she is, leads to some Papika backstory. I want to know more about that wild child, and what drives her.

5/5
Dec 1, 2016 9:47 AM

Dec 2015
Poor girl... Cocona has no natural friendship (unless we count the painting club girl whose mind was toyed with, but it seems she has been discarded)

Are people really interested in the drama that is the Cocona / Papika relationship? (I'm not, for the reason Yayaka said and because it was like suddenly liking someone just because he was "stalking" you)

4/5 Great preview commentators.

After checking the Internet about the´last episode, I'm sure more people will grow unsatisfied that a story is showing up (probably to the detriment of the themes). I wonder if it has to do with the change of writer, the makers might have thought that it was time to have an apparent series scenario.
Rei_IIIDec 1, 2016 9:51 AM
Dec 1, 2016 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Best episode yet? That fight under the dome was brilliant in several ways.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 1, 2016 11:48 AM
Oct 2010
Thrilling fight, and the plot moved a bit forward... But as things are going, I'm afraid there will be lose ends and corpses swept under the rug by the end...

Anyway, I got the crazy idea that the new girl might actually be against the KKK guys... Quite a wild guess isn't it?

Damn bu-chan and Uexkull spoiling Mimi's mystery during the preview. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
Lol at Yayaka chasing Papika till they were dead xD
I really liked how they built up tension with Yayaka's conflicts, you can see how she wishes to keep her place and yet to stay there will lead her to hurting Cocona, and both the fight under the memory-reflecting dome and the scene where she struggled to bring herself to remove the amorphous from Cocona's leg were so well done imo

Mimi is probably that new blue haired girl who'll replace Yayaka, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if she ended up being the strongest out of everyone, she has that distinct, mysterious feeling to her and she was introduced this late to the game that it makes me think she's powerful.
What's interesting is that the more amorphous the KKK dudes get, the more Papika thinks of Mimi
Also I actually liked the twins for a bit until they suddenly screwed over Yayaka

Let's hope Yayaka joins the Flip Flapper team now, I'd really appreciate that
You know I really want an ep focused on Sayuri, I really like her and would like to see some focus on her

So many questions but it seems like we're progressing towards a grand reveal, which I like
Oh and best ep preview yet, you can tell Uexskull and Bu-chan tried hard to get us hyped xD
gust11Dec 1, 2016 12:08 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 1, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
As opposed to the previous Pure Illusions which were all vivid worlds of sorts, this one is empty and goes on and on.

This world was responding to strong emotions I think. The weird place Cocona was trapped in was responding to her emotions and Yayaka brought out a crystal like thing from the ground with hers. But then why didn't it react to Papika? What kind of strong emotions is it reacting to?

This was all about Yayaka making her big decision: the amorphous or her first friend. She was already with that weird cult from the start and she was told to keep making contact with Cocona because they were to become partners. They became good friends in the process. Yayaka either didn't want to drag Cocona into this crap or she lost Cocona to Papika. In either case, Yayaka couldn't become partners with Cocona and now they're enemies. She tried to discard all her feelings for Cocona but in the end, she couldn't throw them all out. Her feelings prevailed and she was determined to have a weak resolve and to be useless by Toto and Yuyu. She was to be eliminated because she would then get in the way of the twins probably because I doubt they had to kill her there and then if she's found out to be of no use anymore. Their reason was probably to get the amorphous quickly rather than to get rid of the useless one. Those twins sure were brutal though. They were blowing her up dammit!

And the girl who shows up in the opening sequence for a second or so surrounded by robots makes her appearance here as the third amorphous child. This girl is probably the Mimi Papika was talking about. Papika originally had to find Mimi I think, but she ended up finding Cocona who is also an amorphous child (I think amorphous children are those who can enter Pure Illusion) and probably smelled like Mimi. Papika probably has lost some memories related to her previous partner and it sometimes pops up in her mind. And I think Papika will be put in a situation similar to Yayaka's—previous friend/partner, amorphous, or current friend/partner—assuming that girl is Mimi, that is. Or it could be that Mimi is just a figment of Papika's imagination.
Dec 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
I'm so sad I nearly wrote this series off in its first episode it's really been one of my favorites this season. Fun and engaging but it's really hard to try and explain it when I want to recommend it to someone.

It's natural the main plot is starting to come forward in these last two episodes and it's been pretty established since start or at least since episode 2 (need to go back again) that they were collecting the Shards of Mimi, naturally that's going to amount to something. It's an original and not dependent on source material so I would expect some finite conclusion.

I'm gonna miss this show when it's gone, it's been so much fun I really wish this could have been two cours.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 1, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
so the pure illusion this time is about Yayaka's imagination/memories

i hope Yayaka will still be alive and join Papika and Cocona team
Dec 1, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, as soon as Cocona got separated from Papika in the hair barrier thing I was thinking "Yes! Papi vs Yaya fight!". The action was refreshing. I've been missing it since episode 3. I really like seeing Yayaka in combat.

And I actually don't think Yayaka was being childish. Maybe the most childish part was letting her emotions cloud her judgment. She lashed out because she's weak to them. She didn't have to destroy Papika's back twice (she forcefulyl kicks Papika right into the spine to the point of Papika whipping her head back.
Anime has a weird way of letting these fragile middle schoolers survive lol.
And also, Yaya didn't have to fight at all until the barrier was down. She was just ordered to get the amorpheous. So, in that, it makes sense.
Where I don't see the childishness: it makes sense that she would feel hostile if her best friend since childhood was suddenly shoved aside by someone completely random. Or we can assume that anyone would be upset with this sudden situation.
This Pure Illusion was a vehicle to sort out the status of Cocona's and Yayaka's relationship and how their friendship has changed.
And what their friendship's future looks like.

Further into the episode, just wow. I didn't think it would get so emotional.
But, the rivalry between Yayaka and Papika had to settle sooner or later.
I think the most emotional part of the episode was when Cocona screams Papika and they reunite.
Then Yayaka goes berserk and really ups her combat and then traps her and Cocona inside a barrier to fight.

It was kind of funny because it was like they were "breaking up". But at the same time, pretty saddening with happy time memories reflected all over the interior. Childhood memories can't dissipate so easily I guess.

Anyways, I'm expecting next episode is also going to be emotionally-driven.
Cocona literally chooses Papika as the one to stand by her side forever
in Yayaka's Pure Illusion of all things.
and then all of a sudden she's like "I'm looking for my partner! Mimi!"
....I can't say that didn't hurt you Cocona.

On another note, hopefully we'll see the loli-that's-replacing-Yayaka in action
cottonpieDec 1, 2016 1:52 PM
Dec 1, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
Nice to see how Cocona and Yayaka originally met. Hopefully Yayaka isn't dead for saving her. Papika said Mimi again. I really want to know who it is.
Dec 1, 2016 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
Man this episode was great. I love how this series can get so hyped in expected ways. Gotta appreciate the level of development and character insight in this and the action was just on point. Hopefully before this ends we will find out the motives behind both sides aside from the perceived good vs evil aura. Who are these KKK lookalikes and what do they want with the fragments? What are the intentions of the side Cocona and Papika fight for? Gotta give us them motives fam.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 1, 2016 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
A fairly epic fight. I liked the little bit of Yayaka backstory and how she was too conflicted to cut the amorphous out of Cocona's thigh.
Dec 1, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2016
This episode made me dislike Yayaka. She's too obsessed with Cocona to the point that she doesn't want anyone else to love her.

I didn't mind her jealousy at first, but she was too annoying in this episode, especially when she was continuously harming Papika, who didn't do anything to her.

Overall, it was an okay episode. Definitely one of my least favorites.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 1, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2014
Virtual reality scenario this time around! And a flashback to the time Yayaka and Cocona first met. Also, a bit more more about those weird twins.

Also, Yayaka and Papika fighting over Cocona. And not like I blame them.
Dec 1, 2016 8:24 PM

Jun 2015
Whoa, intense episode. I liked the action in this one and I loved Yayaka's decision not to take Cocona's amorphous. Probably some kind of metaphor there.... heh XD Anyway, I'm sure Yayaka's not dead, I can't see that happening in this show. She'll be back in some form or another, probably to take vengeance against the crazy KKK cult people.

Also who is Mimi?! Find out next time...?
Dec 1, 2016 9:39 PM

Jun 2014
Give a medal to the director of this show, it's so brillantly animated.
Dec 1, 2016 11:54 PM

Mar 2008
Crimson said:
This episode made me dislike Yayaka. She's too obsessed with Cocona to the point that she doesn't want anyone else to love her.

I didn't mind her jealousy at first, but she was too annoying in this episode, especially when she was continuously harming Papika, who didn't do anything to her.

Why wouldn't she be though? Yayaka's situation was messed up from the start. Basically brainwashed and manipulated since she was a little kid. There was no bonds to be made in the place she was and the only bond permitted to her was one with Cocona. Likely didn't have the luxury or allowance to branch off and form other connections with people.

Felt like an expected situation. She was someone utterly cornered and under extreme stress. For various reasons her place next to Cocona wasn't allowed any longer. Her place on that team was also basically already gone if not at severe risk. Yayaka was basically in a situation where she was going to lose everything. And it's not like she had any attachment to Papika as it was. If she didn't beat her and take the stone...it'd be all over for her.

I suppose if you don't care for Yayaka's character this would be a less enjoyable one. Personally I thought it was an outstanding one. They capped off everything they had been building up with Yayaka's character. The stress, loneliness, and inner conflict all reaching the critical point. Reaching the point where she thought fighting was the only choice left only to realize that she couldn't go where she was being told to. And that in the end she made sure to protect her friend even if it cost Yayaka her own life.
Dec 2, 2016 12:11 AM

Jul 2016
@FlareKnight Papika had nothing to do with it though. It's not like Cocona will forget Yayaka if she was friends with Papika.
Yayaka was just extremely selfish, she wanted Cocona all for herself, and her hatred for Papika is just pathetic and unwarranted.

Anyway, I will give her a chance to see if she gets better, otherwise...

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 2, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2014
Crimson said:

Look at it this way, Yayaka grew up under the thumb of these cult weirdos. Who knows what kind of human interaction she had before she met Cocona, what bullshit she was fed growing up, and it looks like her whole friendship with Cocona was orchestrated by these guys in the first place. Her job was literally to be with Cocona. Naturally she ended up really having a legitimate friendship with her.

Here comes Papika, who ends up getting in the way of her "job" of sticking by Cocona, and more than that, getting between her and her single solitary friend in what to her eyes is likely a really brutal world.

She has something that's keeping her bound to these guys. Something that causes her to get desperate to get her job done. We have no idea what it is yet but it's really strong. But even that is wearing down a bit since she can't bring herself to hurt Cocona anymore. The friendship she was basically assigned to foster with her bore more fruit than these guys could handle and we're finally seeing the results of that friendship winning out a bit against her assignment.
Dec 2, 2016 1:41 AM

Jul 2016
@sirflimflam She can just be a better friend to her than Papika? Why doesn't she talk to her in school? Why doesn't she make a real attempt to get closer to her?

Instead, she focuses more on hating Papika, to the point of deliberately harming her, which I find quite pathetic if you ask me.

I understand that there is something connecting her with the cult people, and I guess we will have to wait to know what it is.
But like I said, I'm ready to change my opinion about her if she gets better.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 2, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2014
Crimson said:
@sirflimflam She can just be a better friend to her than Papika? Why doesn't she talk to her in school? Why doesn't she make a real attempt to get closer to her?

Instead, she focuses more on hating Papika, to the point of deliberately harming her, which I find quite pathetic if you ask me.

I understand that there is something connecting her with the cult people, and I guess we will have to wait to know what it is.

We can't rely on her having common sense as it pertains to things like friendships or really any kind of relationship. She doesn't know how to act. Common sense for us isn't common sense for her. The things she was taught to take priority in are completely out of whack due to growing up with this cult organization. She's likely only even in school in the first place to be close to Cocona. Any other human contact for her is entirely based in that cult that's using her and feeding her nothing but lies.

So yes, while her behavior is quite reprehensible, she's not really responsible for it. It would be like condemning a mentally disturbed person to prison because they did something that hurt someone else, not realizing the severity of the behavior. Making them truly understand what they did wrong and make them better is a far better solution than pure punishment.

What we're finally seeing in Yayaka is her saying "this is wrong, this isn't how it's supposed to be" and turning her back on this cult that raised her because she's finally realizing that the things she's doing isn't the way they need to be. This episode was literally the point where she starts to change for the better.
sirflimflamDec 2, 2016 2:25 AM
Dec 2, 2016 2:24 AM

Jul 2016
@sirflimflam I guess it makes sense when we consider how she was raised, but I still don't approve of her behavior.

She will only get better in my eyes when she stops being selfish and accepts that Papika is as much of a friend to Cocona as she is. Nothing more, nothing less.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 2, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2016
What an amazing episode! Clearly, Yayaka was the highlight of this episode considering that it was her last chance to obtain the amorphous. The action scenes were very intense and I believe now that it was not Yayaka's intention wanting to hurt Cocona though they have been best friends before Papika ever showed up. I can see how difficult it was for Yayaka and how Papika had taken her place as Cocona's partner. Those twins were brutal trying to kill off Yayaka as she failed in her mission. I really do hope she's not dead. T.T

Anyway, it looks like that Mimi topic is brought up again and I want to believe that new girl could be that blue girl introduced at the beginning as Papika is slowly trying to recover her memories. With only two episodes left, the plot is moving quickly and there's so many questions that yet to be answered. I'll miss this show so I'm hoping things will come to a conclusion soon enough.
Dec 2, 2016 11:29 AM
Jul 2014
The_Speedster said:
With only two episodes left, the plot is moving quickly and there's so many questions that yet to be answered. I'll miss this show so I'm hoping things will come to a conclusion soon enough.

Four episodes. We're at 9/13 according to MAL.
Dec 2, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2016
@Mirality Sorry about that. I got ahead of myself.
Dec 2, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2015
Damn, things escalated quickly in this episode.

Dec 2, 2016 10:09 PM
Oct 2010
Crimson said:
Yayaka was just extremely selfish, she wanted Cocona all for herself, and her hatred for Papika is just pathetic and unwarranted.

Blame it on the character construction.

If you consider the Id-Ego-Superego model Fai has been talking about, then their actions fit perfectly. Papika is the impulsive Id, Cocona is the realistic Ego and Yayaka is the moralistic Superego. Id is always trying to get Ego to follow their instincts while Superego tries to suppress Id and make Ego follow morals and ideals.

Thus, Yayaka can't stand Papika as she considers her a bad influence for Cocona. She cannot get along with her unless Cocona mediates between them.

Curiously enough, younger Yayaka was more impulsive herself; though we don't know how much of that was an act.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 3, 2016 6:31 AM

Oct 2016
this was nice with the new girl who supposed to be replace Yayaka appeared and that fight between Yayaka and Cocona was so good! with the crystals in the bakcground showing their memories together, even getting smashed during the fight., only to end with Yayaka choosing to protect Cocona..

i think the next episode will get intense now ..
Dec 3, 2016 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
After seeing the space setup in the beginning, I was so hopeful, then it changed for an ''empty'' virtual place. I was feeling deceived at first, but at the end it just came to me that this was a place where strong people emotion manifested themselves which tied with the themes of this episode.

Man, this show is seriously great. Probably Top 3 best anime of this year imo.

After Dimension W and this. GHz3 is becoming my studio fetish ^^
Dec 3, 2016 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
Wowowowow. Another amazing episode with top quality animation. Most of studios nowadays should learn from this anime, how everything should be done.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH THAT WAS FREAKING INTENSE. The fighting and all the messages and images and everything was fantastic. Freaking second best anime this season, if considering Jojo part of this season.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 4, 2016 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
I didn't get why cocona was so angry, but it was because Papika mentioned that girl, she was being jealous awww istg If we dont get a kiss from these two Im gonna be dissapointed :(

Dec 5, 2016 3:49 AM

May 2009
Crimson said:

In my opinion, Yayaka love Cocona to the point she didn't want her to be involved with the cult/Pure Illusion. She tried her best to be her friend yet not to be that close as well.
Seeing Papika dragging Cocona into Pure Illusion, becoming a closer friend to her and what happens latter, she couldn't accept it and that's why she can't stand Papika.

About Mimi, do you remember we heard about her at the end of the 7th episode?
I though this scene was showing the premise of the disappearence of Cocona's parents. So Mimi would have been Cocona's mother in this case.
Dec 5, 2016 4:50 AM

Feb 2015
Overall it was great but the conclusion was still lacking. it would be better, personally for me, if cocona just went berserk or went full rage when she saw yayaka got beaten up. i think that would make this episode more hype. but regardless of that, i still think this is a great episode, especially in term of animation. dat after credit scene tho. papika actually had a previous partner called mimi. that plot twist suprised me a bit tho somehow xD

looking foward to the next episode.
Dec 5, 2016 5:28 AM

Jul 2016
@Djidji That makes sense actually. I think I dislike her a lot less now.
But I still think she shouldn't put all the blame on Papika, who is just as oblivious to Pure Illusion as Cocona is.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 5, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
Another solid episode, giving us insight into Yayaka's relationship with Cocona and progressing her movement to Coco's side of the fight.

As far as predictions go, the PV prefaces that the final few episode should lead into more of an explanation of what this Flip Flapping organisation is, Cocona's seemingly previous relation with them/Pure Illusion (which might explain why she's deemed special enough to be worth tracking in the first place), Papika's memory loss/brainwashing/relationship with her previous partner and further explanation of what the cult on the opposite side is. I'm also hoping to get more Iroha stuff, because her paintings seem very related to Pure Illusion.

Animation-wise, what stood out to me was the design of the room that Cocona and the twins were trapped in, and the arena Yayaka and Cocona fought in, depicting past memories shattering. That, and the beautiful hospital backgrounds.

Overall a neat episode, and super interested to see how this anime ends. Along with a couple other shows, make Fall a pretty impressive season imo.
Dec 5, 2016 9:23 PM

May 2015
What a great episode! I feel pretty bad for Yayaka now, after seeing her backstory with Cocona. The fight also looked very nice.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

191 by Touka »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

213 by Puncheon »»
Sep 11, 2:44 AM

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Bastodon »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.