Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2015 2:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was good.
Yeah.
I liked it.
I didnt thought that i would but it was fun.
Yup.
7/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 30, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2015
Loved each development and how they showed how much they improved over the series. (You could tell that they weren't that great in the beginning) That performance gave me goosebumps. Beautifully animated and while Asuka's character still remains a mystery, I thoroughly enjoyed the series. 8/10
Jun 30, 2015 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
A really nice episode. I'm so happy that their hard work payed off, but I want more. I want second season. I want more music anime.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 30, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
Neat.
Jun 30, 2015 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
It was really impressive that they took the sound difference into consideration with the auditorium that they were in, which is why Reina's solo sounded differently from the audition venue.

It took a while to place my finger on how I related to Kumiko, but it all clicked together this episode. I rarely took anything seriously in fear of trying my best and having to face failure, but that all changed when I found something to dedicate my all to. Something that lit a burning passion in my life. Ohhh man, that ending was like "DID THEY MAKE IT???!?!?!" Those expressions and reactions kept throwing me all over the place.

KyoAni does a good job at taking seemingly uninteresting topics and making splendid anime out of them. Hibike is another demonstration of their consistency and gave me K-On vibes while being able to stay on point with the plot and its character development (and of course, its music!). I cross my fingers and fist bump to KyoAni in hopes of a second season.

8/10, this brought back memories as a long time trombone player myself. I haven't touched it in years, but now I'm considering pulling it out of the closet.
Jun 30, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2013
Solid finale.
I really like this anime. I'm not a huge kyoani fan, but Euphonium really sold me thanks to the characters.

I will happily support KyoAni and the original light novel for another season of Euphonium and more Natsuki
Jun 30, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2013
well tha was amazing i really hope there's a continuation for this
Jun 30, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2009
Damn. What a wonderful anime. As a band geek(once upon a time), this hit all the right notes for me. But even on its own, it sure was a brilliant piece of work. Putting all the yuri debates aside, KyoAni made something special here. Their best anime in years. 8/10.
Jun 30, 2015 2:41 PM

Nov 2007
Drunkeagle said:
Could you please link a few of those tweets? I'd be interested in reading them (using the magnificent google translations).

Some of the tweets were posted in episode 12 discussion thread with translation so you don't have to use the magnificent google translation. If you want to find more use ユーフォニアム in twitter search ;)

I would have rejoiced to see Hibike jumping several spots and finishing at 4th place in the TV anime show popularity list last week but I couldn't. I gladly accepted Oregairu Zoku (first) and Kekkai Sensen (third) for their places because I enjoyed both of those shows from Spring 2015 finishing above, but seeing Hibike Euphonium losing out of all the anime to Owari no Seraph (second) hurt me really badly.

I am somewhat glad that at least the BD results came on top (third for all Spring 2015 shows just behind Kekkai Sensen and Oregairu Zoku) for first volume in a week. But I really hoped it sold more. This has been KyoAni's best TV series since Hyouka.

I will hope for a sequel, if not, at least a movie. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2015 2:46 PM

Feb 2008
This is a 10/10 for me, mainly because of the personal connection. I know for some people this will just be a decent anime, but that's what makes anime so interesting. Different people connect more with different anime. And for me, Hibike! Euphonium was a masterpiece I'll always remember.

(Rotating Signature | Member Cards are fun~)

[Notes on Signature]124 - 172 KB, Width: 140px

Jun 30, 2015 2:52 PM

May 2012
I'm happy i decided to pick this anime...even if i did it mid season. Great show 8/10
I hope we get a second season. I want to see more.
I despise woke people.
Jun 30, 2015 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
A monologue over the concert? Cutting over to other students in the sidelines? You shitting me? I wanted to hear the music fully without it getting muffled or cut off completely, because this was what the show was building up to, and interrupting it isn't something that should happen. Ever.

I hope they used an actual high school band to perform this piece in the recording studio, it shouldn't be sounding this professional in the slightest. I don't care that they had a great teacher, all that drama and constant reminders that students weren't practicing/being procrastinators does not make for a professional sound.

I don't care that it sounded good, I don't think they should've gotten the gold because these characters didn't fully prove to me that they had really wanted this, or at least deserved it. Their best performance was in the marching band however-many-episodes ago, and I believed that more-so than I did with this one. But this is probably the "bias" talking, because I couldn't connect to the characters, let alone the series.

KyoAni is great in the animation department, and it sounded nice, but I just wasn't a fan of this series, and I'm glad it's done with. It was a chore to sit through at times. If there does happen to be a second season somehow, I'll watch it just for the completion, but I most likely will have forgotten the characters by then.

7/10 in general, but I'm probably being too nice on it.
Jun 30, 2015 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
Superb conclusion episode. I enjoyed this series a ton, especially since I used to play in Concert and Jazz band. Soooo many memories resurfaced with this show. And the band version of the opening theme to conclude the episode was simply wonderful~
Jun 30, 2015 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
Goddammit KyoAni! Even I got nervous..
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 30, 2015 3:14 PM

Apr 2014
Last episode was beautiful with every meaning of the word. Seriously. The difference between the beginning and the finale of the anime is huge. 9/10. Wow.
CynthesizerJun 30, 2015 3:18 PM
Jun 30, 2015 3:41 PM

May 2015
Great ending! KyoAni did it again. 9/10. Sequel please.

Jun 30, 2015 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
Aw....this show was great. Reminded me of when I was in band in high school.

8/10
Jun 30, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2012
As a former bando, this anime was an absolute joy to watch. And with some Yuri teases thrown in here and there just to spice things up! :D 8/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 30, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2013
Great Show, I was holding my breath with them at the end. Hoping for the second season, best series for the Spring imo.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jun 30, 2015 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
That was a great episode, the tension felt high for me throughout and I'd say everything was executed nicely.

Overall, I give this show a 9/10. Hoping to see more from this in the future
Jun 30, 2015 4:22 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, this finale was great. Kitauji's performance sent chills down my spine! So good!

This exceeded my expectations by a long shot. KyoAni found away, my favorite from them since Hyouka, 8/10.
Jun 30, 2015 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
THEY ARE GOING TO NATIONALS!!!!

I was both crying and excited they did. Hell, this has to be the best anime of this season, if not the year.
The good part is the end "the piece continues" so a season 2 is on it's way...just when.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 30, 2015 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
I will confess that when I first started watching Hibike Euphonium I was expecting another cute comedy like K-On! or Tamako Market. I enjoyed the first episodes while thinking to myself 'when is this going to be funny?' Ha ha ha! This was great. The drama was fine and not overwrought (as some viewers imply) and I felt the series was a realistic look at a music club striving to reach their goal. The animation is terrific and the music well-done and appropriately moving. Reviewing these things in my mind I can't find anything wrong with H.E. The characters were believable and the voice acting sounded good to me, though I am by no means fluent in Japanese.

I'm giving it a 9/10. I'll certainly watch this through again and I hope for a second season. The ending seems to imply as much.
Jun 30, 2015 4:28 PM

Mar 2014
I could watch this kind of episode all day long. What a finish.
Jun 30, 2015 4:43 PM

Jan 2015
That was a very good performance *___* at first, as I saw that the episode name was '' goodbye competition '' I thought they were actually going to lose so I was kind of prepared for a mental breakdown.. but then they won, I'm actually glad they did xD
Kumiko and Tsukamoto's bro-fist was so cuuuute, not to forget how awesome Reina's solo part actually was *__* and Taki-sensei kyaaaaa he had me swooning nonstop..
Btw was it my imagination or something was wrong with his pants !! like a mountain !! no that's so wrong must be my mind playing its tricks lol anyways this anime was pretty amusing to watch.
Jun 30, 2015 4:47 PM

Nov 2007
That was kinda beautiful.
This episode made me really emotional.....ah,music...*insert Dumbledore's quote about music here*

well,i have personally never been in a school concert band (are there even school concert band in this country?i don't think so...), so i have no personal connection but i still pretty much loved it...9
Jun 30, 2015 4:48 PM
Apr 2015
i have a thing for musical competition series and this is no exemption. i'll miss this so much. impressive in the end and the animation was gorgeous throughout the series! 9/10

hoping for season 2
Jun 30, 2015 5:08 PM

Nov 2007
pandajennaush said:
hoping for season 2

We can only hope for more now that I have calmly re-watched the episode again. First off, they could have completely avoided showing that photo. Secondly, they did vaguely present a couple of characters (I will refrain from revealing their identities :P) who play quite interesting roles in the following novels.

But most of all, I definitely wouldn't mind to see more of Hazuki and Midori (who didn't get their chances to shine like the other two girls) and learn back stories of some of the other characters such as, Taki-sensei, Asuka-senpai, Natsuki-senpai, Kaori-senpai, Haruka-senpai, Mamiko-neesan, Kuma-san and probably Shuuichi.
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2015 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that was an amazing and beautiful finale! and a fantastic series overall!
9/10 Hoping for second season :)
Jun 30, 2015 5:13 PM

Oct 2007
shanimebib said:
Drunkeagle said:
Could you please link a few of those tweets? I'd be interested in reading them (using the magnificent google translations).

Some of the tweets were posted in episode 12 discussion thread with translation so you don't have to use the magnificent google translation. If you want to find more use ユーフォニアム in twitter search ;)

I would have rejoiced to see Hibike jumping several spots and finishing at 4th place in the TV anime show popularity list last week but I couldn't. I gladly accepted Oregairu Zoku (first) and Kekkai Sensen (third) for their places because I enjoyed both of those shows from Spring 2015 finishing above, but seeing Hibike Euphonium losing out of all the anime to Owari no Seraph (second) hurt me really badly.

I am somewhat glad that at least the BD results came on top (third for all Spring 2015 shows just behind Kekkai Sensen and Oregairu Zoku) for first volume in a week. But I really hoped it sold more. This has been KyoAni's best TV series since Hyouka.

Show By Rock is #3 currently, Hibike is currently 4th, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be bumped off by UtaPri and Fate even further into 6th for Spring. It's also been a really poor Spring in general in terms of disc sales really. Every year since the decade started each respective fiscal quarter seems to just get worse and worse in terms of anime disc sales despite the increasing addition of event tickets and extras to try to stave off what looks like a regressing market. They're even starting to add them to second and third volumes now because the drop offs are proving just that significant.

I don't think it's anyone's fault in particular, just Japanese fans don't seem to be buying TV anime anywhere near to the same degree they used to except for some music stuff and things that appeal to fujoshi.
Jun 30, 2015 5:14 PM
Apr 2013
meh it was more boring than tari tari
Jun 30, 2015 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
What a perfect episode, I want to cry after watch it. Kumiko's ponytail, I really miss it :3 ♥ The ED is look like sunrise's animes, but they (sunrise) never do that after they do it last time for gintama. I will miss this anime, I hope they will announced the sequel soon, I want to see Kumiko and others at National Tournament. Good bye Kumiko-chan, Reina-chan, I will miss you. SPRING 2015 ANIMES ARE PERFECT!!!!!
blueflash97Jun 30, 2015 8:58 PM
Jun 30, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this anime a lot <3
9/10 hoping for second season.
OSOI!
Jun 30, 2015 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
I was more nervous than the band. What a happy ending!
Jun 30, 2015 5:39 PM
Sep 2014
shanimebib said:
The fourth is most likely be the final volume. And if they plan to make a movie sequel, I will hope they do with the final volume because

The fourth is just a collection of side-stories.
Jun 30, 2015 5:43 PM

Nov 2014
an 8/10 for this series

i would really like to buy the novels
Jun 30, 2015 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
shanimebib said:

Show By Rock is #3 currently, Hibike is currently 4th, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be bumped off by UtaPri and Fate even further into 6th for Spring. It's also been a really poor Spring in general in terms of disc sales really. Every year since the decade started each respective fiscal quarter seems to just get worse and worse in terms of anime disc sales despite the increasing addition of event tickets and extras to try to stave off what looks like a regressing market. They're even starting to add them to second and third volumes now because the drop offs are proving just that significant.

I don't think it's anyone's fault in particular, just Japanese fans don't seem to be buying TV anime anywhere near to the same degree they used to except for some music stuff and things that appeal to fujoshi.

Just checked the chart again. Thanks for pointing that out. Show By Rock! seems to have sold very well with more than 1K more sold compared to Hibike! Euphonium. I didn't even give the anime any chance (was never in my PTW). I read the first two episodes discussion threads in MAL and reviews and it didn't really interest me. It's probably a good show but doesn't interest me.

Fate (Rin!) and UtaPri (Nanami's collection) are most likely to take spots 1 and 2 respectively. I will eagerly wait to see what happens in the following weeks though. Expecting to get better numbers for Hibike! Euphonium now that the TV ratings seems to have improved significantly compared to its rating prior to the release of volume 1. I will hope for a number between 6.5-7K with volume 2's opening week. But not expecting it to do any better than 5th place overall. Volume 1 usually sets the tone for most shows. And I don't know whether Shokugeki no Souma BD Vol.1 has been released yet or if there is any plans for it, another fantastic anime of Spring 2015.

fatalystic said:
shanimebib said:
The fourth is most likely be the final volume. And if they plan to make a movie sequel, I will hope they do with the final volume because

The fourth is just a collection of side-stories.

All the more reason. :P
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2015 5:44 PM
Sep 2009
The problem with this anime is that it had two or three amazing episodes and the rest was super mediocre. The last ep was really good, the episode where they went to the mountain or whatever... Ill give 9/10 to those two eps and 5/10 for the rest. 7/10 overall :D
Jun 30, 2015 5:50 PM

Mar 2015
I really didn't know which direction they were going to go with this one in terms of whether or not they made it. I was holding my breath the entire time. They did a great job with the suspense.

I'm so happy to have a music-focused episode. It was nice and refreshing. I wish there had been more episodes that were more focused on the music... but this was brilliant. I actually got very emotional at the end.

I'm giving it 8/10. It was great... and if they make a second season... I'd like to see more character development with ALL characters. :)
Jun 30, 2015 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
Man what a nostalgic ride. I gotta concur with those saying that this is a band geek's show. It really is. The only other one that comes remotely close is Nodame Cantabile. Bravo, Kyoani!
Jun 30, 2015 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
Better than expected in the end, I likee.

Jun 30, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2009
htsuji said:

Asuka's reason:

That's proably a strong link to the fact she plays alone the hard part, Kumiko still having to work on it by her promise..
ZiassanJun 30, 2015 6:19 PM
Jun 30, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2010
Great ending to a wonderful season. I'm so happy that they made it to Nationals and that definitely opens up the possibility for a second season.
Jun 30, 2015 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
Amazing quality overall. Looking forward to KyoAni's next show.
Keep moving forward
Jun 30, 2015 6:49 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty solid ending, in my opinion the BEST show Kyoani's delivered this decade.

A solid 7/10.
Jun 30, 2015 6:54 PM

Nov 2014
Another great art work from KyoAni. I gonna miss this series.
Jun 30, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
I love Kyoani but they keep churning out mediocre anime. Visually enticing and always pack in a great score but damn.
Jun 30, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
When i first heard about this I really thought were gonna get a K-on 2.0 so glad this turned out way better than i expected,this performance was just so damn good.

8/10

on the other hand i'm worried this might not be selling on the JPN side really want a second season!, out of all the stuff Kyoani has put out in the last couple of years i think this is the only one next to Hyouka that deserves a sequel even if only a movie!

Plus i need to know more about Asuka!!
Jun 30, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
It was nice, and overall better than a lot of KyoAni's anime

7/10
Jun 30, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2010
Yep, that was good.I expected some K-On copy at first, but i actually got something different and good too.2-3 really likable characters, brilliant animation and art, great choice of seiyuu (going to stalk Kumiko's seiyuu for new roles from now on) and in general it felt really nice and well put together.7/10 from me and:

Vanschia said:
I wouldn't mind a 2nd season
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2015

135 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Jun 1, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2015

194 by BritishBlitz87 »»
May 26, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

243 by BritishBlitz87 »»
May 26, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2015

206 by BritishBlitz87 »»
May 18, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

454 by Max98 »»
Apr 29, 2:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.