Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2022 8:34 AM

Dec 2018
One day, I remember talking to this one dude about stuffs and he told me how his life wasn't all just about dissing people on forums. It's also about managing the discord anime group or whatever. I mean yeah sounds the same to me either way.

So what do you guys do other than going on MAL forums? How do you balance everything when you spend so much time on here?
. . .
Jul 19, 2022 8:43 AM

Jun 2022
I like to check in here and respond to a few threads, typically the ones that don't have a million responses already. Sometimes that'll lead to a bit of a back and forth between folks, but I'd say I'm really only on here for like 15-30 minutes a day. And then I'll go a few days without being on here.

Having a kid keeps me pretty busy, so I'm usually playing with him or taking him somewhere. Spending time playing with my band is also a high point of my life every week.

Other than that, I like to get outside, go for a walk or bike ride, maybe shoot a basketball for a while, go for a drive some weekends, and watch YouTube and anime.
Jul 19, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2009
Manaban?

as for me just doing house chores and run errands
Jul 19, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2021
i almost have the whole day to me to watch anime. whatever the daily studies i get , i complete them by daytime and the remaining time i spend on anime and games
Jul 19, 2022 9:26 AM

Oct 2016
Before I got sick I worked two full time jobs and spent my free time catching up on chores while watching anime in the background.

Now I spend most of my time either doing household chores and than watching anime. I spend a good amount of time coming up with ideas and designs for my Etsy opening. Been doing some manga panel embroidery hoops.
Jul 19, 2022 9:50 AM
Oct 2020
i spam my one piece predictions on different social media sites right now. i want to document them before they come true, so that i have proof.
Jul 19, 2022 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
I have unlimited free time currently, so I could spend all day on here if I want.

But... I don't really.

I check in first thing, but maybe only message and post a handful of times. Other than that I'm probably reading or watching something, chores, doing hobby stuff, grocery shopping, or trying my damnedest to stop my Kitten eating my plant, blinds toggle or something else she shouldn't be eating.
Jul 19, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
Well my time outside mal forums looks like this usually.
University lectures and subjects (from october till june so right now I have free time).
Video games, watching anime/youtube.
Going out for a walk, smoke 10-15 cigarettes daily.
Going to play darts with buddies from university and drink few beers (usually tuesdays and thursdays)
Going to bars to drink some vodka, beers and sing at karaoke (usually fridays and/or saturdays)
Occasionally going with my friend/female friend to shopping/biliard/something else.

I guess that's all from the usual stuff I do in weekly/daily basis.
Jul 19, 2022 10:09 AM

Dec 2019
I only really go on the forums about 30 minutes to 45 minutes every day-- but I use it in between doing other things / tasks on my laptop or on the chromebooks at school. I hop on maybe once every few hours whenever I have spare time. Outside of MAL, I watch YouTube or spend some time learning Blender and occasionally drawing. Most of my free time is used by playing video games (can't stop the osu!mania grind 🥵😎🥶) though.

Offline, my life is relatively mundane / normal. School, working with my dad, playing with my dog, walking with my siblings and going on the occasional short trip with my family. Before Covid, I used to play soccer as well, so I would actually get good exercise back then. Now though the only real exercise I get is playing with my dog (usually involves jumping on the trampoline) and having these autism schizo episodes where I do random shit in my room for an hour. No, I don't have problems, I'm just imagining cool shit, and doing sound effects with my mouth and flailing my arms everywhere and shaking my head rapidly and walking around in circles just help me imagine those things and think better. Really adds weight to certain attacks and puts emphasis on the speed of it and the damage caused.
Jul 19, 2022 10:17 AM

Sep 2017
Days are too hot to walk, so I just chill and do some chores (washing, sewing, drying etc) while listening to some peeps speaking italian (never get tired of how pretty it sounds) and geeking on MAL forums ;)

When sun sets down or a bit before that, I get going.
Jul 19, 2022 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
Im rarely here. I mostly hangout with my family. Sometimes game with my friends. Gamble
Jul 19, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2013
i was an assistant private secretary for most of 2021 and some of 2022 - i had precisely zero time for MAL so never bothered to visit. regular 60 hour weeks in office and constantly on an out-of-office rota, it was pretty depressing. starting work at 7:45am and finishing at 10:00pm most days hits different. trading my mental health for excellent promotion prospects is not something i'll ever do again for sure

moved to a project delivery job this year and have to visit other offices 1-2 times a month but for the most part i'm working from home so always have access to my home computer/can browse my phone pretty freely. i might hop on MAL and see what the latest shitposts are while waiting for a meeting to start. work life balance has been 1000x better this year. like to go out on walks, play table tennis at my local club, go the theatre etc - pretty normal offline. i would actually say the weirdest thing in my life is actually MAL
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 19, 2022 11:37 AM

Oct 2016
ridingwithstars said:
spaceslut said:
Been doing some manga panel embroidery hoops.

sounds cool! id love to see them if youre open to sharing ^^;/

I play games and watch youtube a lot

I'm working on some Hashira ones now so once they're done Ill add the pics on here!
Jul 19, 2022 12:07 PM

Nov 2017
I usually plan daily and weekly. And I tend to wake up early so I'm able to do all that I want to do whilst still posting on these forums.

The end result is a happy, productive fella~
Jul 19, 2022 12:08 PM

Dec 2015
Zettaiken said:
Well my time outside mal forums looks like this usually.

Also in addition as I came back to my home town so untill 25th I will be mainly spending time on darts (just 30 minutes ago found my "childhood" toy which was almost not used by me so now I will be enjoying this)
Here's the related picture of my darts set up I've made something of "You slav you laugh" version but well it works.

Jul 19, 2022 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
I'm just out here drawing demons, zombies, and other horror related shit to express my hatred towards how the world is going.

Jul 19, 2022 12:13 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I don't. I only became really active here thanks to the pandemic making me work at home

If not for that, all my time on this site would be used for commuting and other things. I used to only open my account every 3 months for mass list updates
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jul 19, 2022 12:35 PM

Oct 2010
just living life I guess, I have a small job and few hobbies, mal forums are fun though.
Jul 19, 2022 12:57 PM

Sep 2010
I shitpost on MAL and I shitpost on 4chan and I harass my friends with my terrible taste and sometimes I even actually watch anime.
Jul 19, 2022 1:08 PM

May 2018
thats what I call life of MAL users. nothing can be done

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jul 19, 2022 3:21 PM

May 2020
I don't spend much time here.. Anyway, let's see what I've done lately. I'm currently unemployed, so I rewatched Death Note, listen to Death Note soundtrack, hang out with my boyfriend, play with my cat (I think she enjoys light butt taps).
Jul 19, 2022 5:13 PM

Mar 2016
i only spend 10-15 min a day here on mal so im still considered a mal user right?
i also manage anime discords but only on weekends since nothing much happens there
i play around 20 min-2 hours of vid games a day and watch 2-3 ep a day of anime.
other than that its mostly the same stuff everyday for me. go to rehab,work,do my own thing.
Jul 19, 2022 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
I go to school, learn, come home and get on MAL. As for right now, it's summer time and I'm on break so I have nothing to do.
Jul 19, 2022 7:14 PM

Mar 2021
Read manga and watch anime, do homework, browse Instagram/Twitter, play piano/guitar, those are some of the things I do every day.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 19, 2022 7:14 PM

Dec 2018
3miL said:
I don't. I only became really active here thanks to the pandemic making me work at home

If not for that, all my time on this site would be used for commuting and other things. I used to only open my account every 3 months for mass list updates

B-but, you've posted like 52k forum posts, not to mention your anime and manga stats. Are you telling me you pulled that off mostly in 2 years?

ateks said:
I shitpost on MAL and I shitpost on 4chan and I harass my friends with my terrible taste and sometimes I even actually watch anime.

Damn sounds pretty good. Good on you dude.
. . .
Jul 19, 2022 9:29 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Preachee said:
3miL said:

B-but, you've posted like 52k forum posts, not to mention your anime and manga stats. Are you telling me you pulled that off mostly in 2 years?

Yes, I only had (believe it or not) 7k posts in July 2020, I had fun making new friends and we were in a lot of clubs, treating their counting threads as our chatrooms lmao

As for anime I had less than 2000 completed prior to 2020, it was all this free time hahahaha
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jul 19, 2022 9:33 PM

Dec 2018
3miL said:
Preachee said:

Yes, I only had (believe it or not) 7k posts in July 2020, I had fun making new friends and we were in a lot of clubs, treating their counting threads as our chatrooms lmao

As for anime I had less than 2000 completed prior to 2020, it was all this free time hahahaha

Holy shit, not even joking that's actually lowkey impressive. Good that you're having fun anyway.
. . .
Jul 19, 2022 9:55 PM

Jun 2014
Work, Play games, exercise and go places.
Jul 20, 2022 3:49 AM

Mar 2015
Of course, I hold the very important jobs of discord and reddit moderator. Now would you like to join my discord server, kitten?
Jul 20, 2022 4:47 AM

Apr 2019
I've recently enrolled and picked up learning the Japanese language
Also picked up cycling after watching YowaPedal this year.

Basically I cycle 10km weekdays to school from 8am to 3pm then cycle another 5km to my part time work till 8pm then another 15km cycle going home. Gym during M/W/F and Boxing Gym during Sat.

Pretty much sore everyday. I might die at this point lol.

Jul 20, 2022 5:16 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I spend about 15-60 minutes a day here in total and I don't use Discord, though I wouldn't say my day is something super special either.

LainPlush said:
I don't spend much time here.. Anyway, let's see what I've done lately. I'm currently unemployed, so I rewatched Death Note, listen to Death Note soundtrack, hang out with my boyfriend.

Congratulations, Lain!
Jul 20, 2022 5:29 AM

Aug 2007
I visit Reddit (something I learned to use last year and became a daily thing,at least for now) and MAL forums from time to time throughout the day.

Not everyday is the same, despite spending it mostly at home. Sometimes, I adhere to my scheduled tasks, but sometimes I do not. But usually, upon waking up I panic over my new job. (Prior, I panic over not having one). Then eat (my only meal for the day, the rest are either snacks here and there or none at all), clean up, take a shower, and mentally prepare myself for the day. I always fail at it. I am never ready despite forcing myself to. Before ending the day, I would write on my journal and go through my phone one last time before hitting it off. I used to be really systematic and productive... partly wanted to blame the pandemic but it has been a long time since it peaked.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Jul 20, 2022 6:28 PM

Sep 2019
I don't? I guess this only applies to people who spend all day here lol, but I work, take trips, listen to music, play sports, I mean it depends whatever I feel like doing on a giving day.
Jul 20, 2022 6:32 PM
Jul 2022
Watch and read Anime/Manga, Browse Reddit/Youtube.

Mod Edit: inappropriate wording removed
-DxP-Jul 25, 2022 10:14 AM
Jul 21, 2022 9:02 PM

Dec 2018
Mirai said:
Of course, I hold the very important jobs of discord and reddit moderator. Now would you like to join my discord server, kitten?

Yea

-Miku_Meister- said:
thats what I call life of MAL users. nothing can be done

Yeah I just keep seeing some active users posting what I think is pointless stuffs like "I don't know and I don't really care" in a thread about niche interests. And then there are people who very consistently post longwinded and verbose posts. As hard to believe as it may seem, I have nothing against it. But it did spark my interest anyway. I'm not gonna act like I've never posted stuffs like that either, but for that period of time, I really didn't have time to do much else.
. . .
Jul 22, 2022 12:56 AM

May 2016
the cool people have already left, maybe they were old or mal just isn't the same but cuz of this, i've got no reason to spend all that much time here
Jul 22, 2022 6:19 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I mean, a healthy work schedule doesn't really involve more time commitment than high school does. Eight hours a day, five days a week plus driving time. The only real difference is that the pressure to perform and succeed is much greater due to higher bare minimum standards and the fact that you can just be let go and replaced which will in turn cut off your financial lifeline. That + family stuff is the stress of being an adult, time distribution wise it's not all that different. Worst thing they can ask you to do is work overtime, which is going to shave a couple of hours off of your free time for that day with compensation. I don't even check the forums every day like I used to back when I was attending mortuary school, which, considering how demanding mortuary school is considered to be, really goes to show how much free time uni kids have.

But yeah. I usually have 5 - 6 hours of free time a day to just do whatever + full time job + healthy amount of sleep, and I don't even post here daily. I feel like I'm a weird example for a MAL user who spends too much time on here. If you want a spicy target for this, though, pay attention to what Katsucats tends to say about his real life situation whenever he's around. Sounds quite sad to me :)

I guess I *can* cede that I do check H&E every day and I make time to be active in that server and run events or respond to issues people bring up to me, but I actually like that place. I cannot say the same for MAL forums, which is just a 7 year long habit at this point.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
-DxP-Jul 25, 2022 12:15 PM

Jul 22, 2022 6:28 PM

Jun 2016
this thread and the replies are gold

I feel like there aren't enough anime, manga, games, and visual novel replies, so those are mine.
Jul 22, 2022 9:21 PM

Apr 2015
I don't really check here daily, comment here and there when I'm having a coffee break. Expect now as I woke up too early for a day off as I forgot to turn off my alarm clock.

My daily life isn't that exciting. I burn in the sun for 7 hours, maybe take a nap after or go somewhere like bird watching, workout, stress over shit, sleep and repeat. Only thing is I wish I had more time to draw/paint.
Jul 23, 2022 7:22 AM

Nov 2009
Humanity is a diverse pool indeed :>
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
Jul 24, 2022 10:28 PM

Jun 2019
So what do you guys do other than going on MAL forums? How do you balance everything when you spend so much time on here?

I work, exercise and read books as most people in the world...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
-DxP-Jul 25, 2022 12:10 PM
Jul 24, 2022 10:41 PM

Feb 2021
I really only use forums when I'm waiting on the subway or bus, just because time happens to fly really fast whenever I'm on. So I guess the rest of the time I'm just doing my own thing, whatever's on my schedule
Jul 24, 2022 11:09 PM

Feb 2021
Been able to spend quite a lot of time here since 2020 after the covid pandemic shut down offline schools and it became purely online. Now I've finished my schooling and am waiting for my college entrance exams so I have a lot of free time to cause some tomfoolery on the MAL forums

Jul 25, 2022 8:17 AM

Feb 2018
I rarely spend my time here though. It's usually around 30 mins at best?
Jul 25, 2022 8:27 AM

Sep 2018
I spend probably about 20 minutes a day on here, if it’s during one of my active periods. Usually, most of that time is spent watching threads like this completely get off the rails.
Jul 25, 2022 9:24 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, please refrain from starting off-topic discussions and keep things civil, the forum is no place to deal with personal problems!
-DxP-Jul 25, 2022 12:18 PM

More topics from this board

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

20 by Mayahuel »»
37 minutes ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

36 by LoveLikeBlood »»
53 minutes ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - Jun 9

35 by -DxP- »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

857 by zzz »»
3 hours ago

» Has anyone here tried learning an artificial language?

Malkshake - Yesterday

8 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.