5. “Yuasa Masaaki is such a meager insular bloke. A magnified hax he is, indeed.” (that's just how elitists talk to each other, really, so lemme rephrase it: "Yuasa Masaaki is a dumbass pretentious motherfucker", and yes Christopher Nolan, you too, I'm not gonna bypass you)
6. "WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH." (indisputably bodacious, let's be honest here)
7. Andrei Tarkovsky
8. *Literally every god damn classical music composer ever* (Beethoven intensifies)
9. ik I said every classical composer, but if you’re into Paganini or Debussy type shid, then I respect you, you pretentious cunt.
10. Takahata Isao
11. Ingmar Bergman
12. School Days
14. Super Mario Bros 1985 (or Halo, or some old CoD shit... idk, I'm no expert in games)
15. Shoujo Kakumei Utena
16. *Afraid of being called an elitist lmao rekt*
17. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
18. Kanashimi no Belladonna (a hentai, basically... wait, but it's old, haa, yes it's old, you can't argue with such impeccability now can you?)
19. “Fuck Requiem For A Dream, that sneaky son of a gun got into top 100 wtf smh”
20. Mein Kampf
21. Reddit (wannabe elites and intellectuals who enslave own-selves for imaginary internet points; also have an everlasting yearning fetish of fucking people's career, or just life generally saying)
22. 4chan (disabused self-proclaimed-connoisseur elitists with supererogatory chromosomes that have little to no irl utility, usually believe in one's power that stems from irremediable autism; their common criticism would often be "you seem like a redditor, you dumb fucking [hard R n-word] faggot")
23. The indispensable trio - Kobayashi, Kurosawa & Ozu
24. d e p r e s s i o n
25. mf Griffith (from Berserk)
26. Recondite phraseology + Amphibology yet with self-attested faultlessness = Complacency apropos peerless intelligence and ambition to reach for the quintessential. (Every damn delusional high n mighty elitist ever)
27. Foie Gras, qui a bon gout, bon, bon appétit
28. Wong Kar-wai
29. *Search "Greatest writers of all time", then with intense hostility proceed to exclude Hemingway, Harper Lee, Melville and fucking, bloody Fitzgerald (srsly how tf this mf even got in here)*
30. The opaque pack: Texhnolyze + Serial Experiments Lain + Angel's Egg
31. Fritz Lang (or expressionists in general)
32. *Having a K-On! character on favorite list, specifically dem Ritsu-fags* (no offense I’d fucc w all K-On! gurls u kno wut i mean)
33. “Retro is unrivaled, literally all the classics are contemporaneously spawned. I’m literally so mad that I couldn’t be in the literally same eon with The Mothers of Invention or Dog Faced Hermans wtf smfh literally, I’m literally so disappointed of this literally peasant generation, I mean I am literally superior to literally everyone.”
Edit: I see, in an ever-changing and continually updating world, I shall sadly announce that thighs have been outdated.
35. Philosophies (existentialism n epistemology amirite bois)
36. Psychological complexity (sounds terrific but u actually don't hav to understand anything, just THINK that u do n that's more than enough to outclass those miserable Psychology PhDs)
37. Offensiveness = Optimal modus operandi (honestly I... kind of agree, in sum cases)
38. Friedrich Nietzsche
39. Salò (jk even the most acquired taste elitist could not digest this one)
40. Air on the G String (no more nice boat, shut up, fuck.. I said no mor- SHUT UP)
41. The Alexandria Quartet
42. Saibi (wtf is dis Korean shit, srsly tho y do all the elitists hav this in their fav)
43. *After having all these obscure and weird ass shows/movies/... as favorites, remember to have at least one mainstream and widely adored show/movie/..., it’s indispensable*
44. Not comprehending anything at all = aesthetic magnum opus
45. Not comprehending anything at all but normies liked it = pretentious overrated trash
46. Søren Kierkegaard
47. Asano Inio
48. *Making this list so no one thinks ur 1 of them*
49. “Evangelion 3.0 is an underrated gem"
50. Abstruse political ideologies with constant use of queer lines such as "Heil, mein Führer!"
My rating system:
GOAT: the transcendence of 10, which isn't going to happen anyway.
10: "Absolute perfection (or bordering that). A true magnum opus that is apt to go straight onto my favorites..." is what I used to stupidly assert. I realized it doesn't have to be flawless in every aspect, as long as the show has profound meaning to me, and yea of course it has to be exceptional in both artistic-wise (writing, directing, screenplay, etc.) and production-wise, (again, doesn't have to be perfect, I accept minor flaws) then I'd say it'd be worthy to receive a 10.
9: Could be understood as 'less profoundly meaningful' (as stated in 10-rated) to many extents - These are mostly shows that contain issues which trivially frustrate me (like best gurl got cucked, or in a more serious manner, lacking of some pivotal explanations or depths), and phenomenal concepts that yet still can be topped up. Nevertheless, there still exist impeccable shows on this list which I could not wholeheartedly criticize anything; this is bcoz I did not find it to be life-changing or enlightening n so could not possibly grant a full-fledged 10. I still consider most of 9-rated as my favorites, yet it frankly is incomparable with its eminence.
8: Utter greatness - 8s manifest brilliance and engender quintessential impression, yet discernibly fail with certain aspects. Though, it's safe to say the appeal might be just as worthy as a 9, which means 8-rated are mainly my favs as well. An exemplification to this would be Hunter x Hunter where there are arcs that could not rival with the others (which isn't even bad, just sort of lackluster); or distinctively, whilst Neon Genesis Evangelion's ending is probably one of the worst to ever been executed which gave no fucks about its craving fans, the overall progress was so great that I could not give anything below an 8.
7: Really good, or near great - Basically, these shows have mild flaws that yet couldn't be neglected. Take a look at Steins;Gate where its biggest issue is the amount of inconsistencies and ill-fitting fan services (which sounds bad and could not be disregarded, but I didn't mind much while watching so it's probably fine - although recently I lowered it to a 6). Conclusively, shows with a 7 are very good and I can still somewhat thoroughly enjoy them thoughtlessly, but they couldn't consolidate own-self due to the apparent flaws.
6: Good, or just quite good - Usually, a 6 is plainly entertaining and is brainlessly well-done; or it could probably be a show that has a substantial amount of flaws, but owns great value of entertainment. I would gladly see myself rewatching many of these shows sometimes.
5: Okay - 5 would be conflicted when it comes to judging whether the show is REALLY good or not. Typically, it would bring about 2 scenarios: 1. I couldn't wholly say it's bad, it's just not the type I'm looking for since I could spot tons of things I dislike (like Fate/Zero or Gankutsuou); 2. it's way too flawed to be good.
Either way, it still possesses obscure assets which I could appreciate.
4: Average or sub-par - Certainly, 4s are flawed to the very core, and the flaws are essentially pure annoyance. On the other hand, strengths are not dominant and could sometimes be forgettable. As a result, these shows are very cliche, generic and boring at times. Or, it could be a fun watch but fundamentally bad (like Erased with its 'roller coaster' story, tho I raised its point to 5 afterwards but yea u get the point).
3: Bad, generally - With a 3, a show could be unpleasant, incredibly boring, and very obnoxious. The advantages are bland to a point that I just couldn't care less, while the flaws are manifold which overweighs virtually every good thing. Not yet unwatchable.
2: Horrendous and borderline unwatchable - Clearly, getting a 2 means the show is downright abysmal, and I think it wouldn't be difficult to state the atrocities: directing (especially choreography and screenplay), scripts, writing, characters, music... BUT, but but but, there lives one savior of these kinds, probably production quality, or some few notable key moments. Seriously, idk, like at this point, there's no certainty. We just gotta know show is high-key garbage.
1: Well, you get how a 2 is so bad but still has something to save its ass, basically, 1 does not have anything like that. Shows with a 1 mainly are dropped (I know when I'll give a show a 1 despite not having watched the entire thing so stfu), or some hentai that I couldn't fap to, then dropped, but put 'completed', sumthing like that. BUT but but but but but but, 1 is still NOT the worst... May I present,...
0: I can't rate this on the horseshit system of MAL, so I'm just gonna name few shows: Pupa (I like bad things, welp fuck this tho), Tenshi no Drop (I couldn't even watch the whole thing, and it's only like 3 fucking minutes, and it's not even that scary or anything, probably). Honestly, I think we can all relate to this segment so I'm not gonna dig deep into this. Just to you know, I don't hate all bad things like that Byston Well thing. So in essence, I'm benevolent, ur welcome.
1. Average score like mine gonna get fucked by you guys, cool.
2. And fuck, I all at once got back into the banal self-indulgence in scathingly loathsome cliched harem tropes that I once swore to thoroughly steer clear of. Oh mighty Lord, how reprehensible of me!
UPDATE: ah nvm i fucc w hentai now.
3. I sometimes have predilection for debates, particularly those heated ones, sometimes.
4. If you ever unironically utilize the pseudo-cultural languages from those illiterate fucks on 4chan (what I meant by unironically is the fact that you want to flex your futile E-knowledge of utmost degeneracy via this method) then pls stay away from me you epidemic abhorrent abomination. You circlejerk fucks very much redpill each other the wrong way.
5. I also develop insurmountable aversion and almost a sense of piteousness to those who preen own-self upon their intellectuality and quick to odiously slander pretty much every single soul with evidently weak observation and unhinged mentality, even worse to the poor lads who deifies "anime knowledge". It's absolutely fine to be proud of your "anime experience", but you sure have some serious issue (if not, quite literally foolish) if you ever come to think there exists some sort of aura of intelligence amongst every anime title, or if not, collectively.
6. I love bashing titles (not users) coz oh boy that's the most fun part about this god abysmal site. It's so fun to fuck with a title (not user) and to sometimes even whimsically scorn some titles (not users) to offend snowflakes, conservatism fellows, boomers and feminism tendency fellows (but... not like directly to the user u know). I'm no big fan of masochism, but god their repudiation and disparagement are quite a sight to relish.
7. In art, subjectivity and objectivity coexist. If one is to judge about the "good" or "bad", it will most definitely be established upon penchant. Don't ever tell me that words such as "good" or "bad" themselves aren't even subjective. Whereas anent superiority, objectivity, to a certain extent, is latent.
8. Speaking of superiority, you aren't superior to anyone. This is the internet, don't be so proud.
9. I reckon egocentricism blokes often find people stupid for not using high-level English (that's not even the most absurd thing about elitism trust me). Thus, I just thought if I used advanced English, the argument could skip over some uncalled for parts. Though I have to agree that no matter how intelligent you are, poor language could drastically weaken your articulateness and make you sound dumb. But hey, don't aggravate or intensify it. Like it's not gonna assert your actual intelligence anyway.
10. I beseech you flexers to halt flaunting your wonderful political discernment and ideologies. I don't give a shit just shut the fuck up and have some actual argument.
11. Don't link subreddits.
12. I very much fond of discussing about classical music. Don't think of it as elite or erudite, I want to talk about it simply because I want to talk about it. It is my passion.
13. Understanding the paradox of elitism requires great amount of brain cells that could have been used for curing cancer or heating up Mars, and I can now proudly say that I have somewhat discerned it, finally. Fundamentally, when there's something that is so strong of a cult (and elite of course), it will eventually be hated by elitists themselves in one way or another. In other words, being a celebrated Letterboxd veteran, elitists often denigrate one another with "The only fool here is a person who has used the site for nearly 10 years, watched over 4000 films, and yet still have "A Clockwork Orange" on [pronoun] favorite list" card. You might not yet understand this absurdity, but don't get dampened or hastened. This, again, demands genuine intellect and perseverance.