Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 19, 2017 5:04 PM
Dec 2011
Well this was an interesting 1st episode. Why the rejection?!! Hehe. I'm looking forward to what the anime has in store.
Jul 19, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2014
granblue is shit. MC should quit this game and join the club to get a social life.
Jul 20, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
I don't think I've ever seen a show more reliant on fanservice in my entire life. It has nothing interesting to carry it on it's own, so it just crams in as many references to popular video games as it can in the hopes to get you to keep watching to see you favourite game played by a cute anime girl. Because that's all you want right? Right?

In short, this thing sucks and I hate it
Jul 20, 2017 11:32 AM
Jul 2017
cs on a console yeah great screw this didn't like the first episode at all
so bad mc who overreact to everything
smoothpussyJul 20, 2017 11:42 AM
Jul 20, 2017 2:03 PM

Sep 2015
I had to pause the episode a second and check whether I was watching Looney Tunes, because she slipped on a fucking banana peel. Then I recalled that Looney Tunes was top quality and actually fun to watch.
Srly, how shitty does your comedy skills have to be to fall that low?

Worse comedy I've seen in a while. I didn't even smile.

You just lost the game
Jul 20, 2017 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
It is a OK concept with a OK episode. But god... I just can't stand this MC. For a reason I get really annoyed of this guy..
Jul 20, 2017 6:11 PM

Jun 2016
So is this going to be another harem?
Jul 21, 2017 4:28 PM

Apr 2017
Aversa said:
This was disappointing, the summary sounded ok but the characters are really cliche which pretty much comes at cost of the anime.
The events where predictable which didn't help either.
I am hoping next week will be better.

I felt the same. I was looking forward to this but sadly it fell short of what I was expecting. But hey, banana peel...
Jul 22, 2017 5:04 PM

May 2009
Overall nice episode, shame that artstyle looks worse than LN but it was expected from studio which only made shorts so far. Funny thing - anime skipped line where Karen shits on mobage. Why? Because mobage studios sponsors like Cygames sponsor shitload of anime these days.
JoeThePro said:
Why do people think this first episode was 5/5 worthy? So far it's been a completely generic 5/10 show with a bland plot, characters and setting.

Why do you think everyone must have generic shitty opinions like yours?
Jul 23, 2017 10:06 PM
Sep 2013
Reeks of wish-fulfillment but at least it doesn't seem like harem so I'll give it a shot. Will depend on how much the MC annoys me with his loser audience avatar or everyday unlucky dude fagery.
Jul 24, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2017
MrNTR said:
Reeks of wish-fulfillment but at least it doesn't seem like harem so I'll give it a shot. Will depend on how much the MC annoys me with his loser audience avatar or everyday unlucky dude fagery.

I think the anime is about comedy scenes and misunderstandings.
"Synopsis: This is a story filled with a non-stop sequence of comedy scenes and misunderstandings. Our chaotic romantic comedy now begins!"
So I think those unlucky moments will be normal in this anime.
Jul 24, 2017 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
I think it's going to be a great show. So far so good to me.
Jul 26, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Annoying MC. Didn't expect him to reject her tho. I'm more interested in the dude with the moe gf at this point. Nice game memes I guess.
Jul 29, 2017 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, I'm loving this show XD The references are hilarious, and it was nice to see Amano actually refuse to join the club - twice! Stick to your guns buddy and play how you want to! :3 Either way, all the characters seem really cool so far. I wonder what was happening at the beginning, looks like that's in the summer while now we are only in the spring. I wonder if Mono will become a bigger character or not. Either way, glad to watch the other episodes out now :D
Jul 30, 2017 7:22 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode. A bit slow imo but overall I liked the characters. That guy has great aim, headshots like crazy, skill right there. And people still get mad at people who have skill and call them cheaters because they get headshots every time.

Tendou is very cute and so likable. Like I would love to just play and hangout with her friends, so chill and relaxing.
Characters designs are a bit similar to some characters. Tasuku looks similar to Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya and Tendou to Mikki from Idolmaster.

Fun episode overall.

Jul 31, 2017 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, what a good start! I thought the main character is a looser but he actually knows what he wants, I kinda like him.

Kinda interested in how they make him join them now. Seems like there are 2+1 candidates to join the club too because of him.
Aug 1, 2017 6:34 PM
Jun 2014
CrasianLe said:
im not watching it b/c the main character voice actor is a girl........

watch the dub then, it has a male actor as the MC.

I personally really liked this first episode, especially the twist ending.
Aug 3, 2017 9:42 AM

Sep 2015
I think this series has potential. It seems like an amusing little light novel it's based on. The animation isn't half bad. The characters don't necessarily inspire me yet. But I think Karen was really cute. And I find myself interested in Tasuku and Aguri. If anything is going to be the problem with the show it's the protagonist. Both his voice and how he's written. It took some getting used to but Megumi Han's performance really grew on me. Whether the character itself will is another question. I found him kind of frustrating at the end of this episode. When he just wouldn't join the club on some "get in the robot" shit. I thought his insecurity that he's always coming off as creepy was really relatable though.
Aug 3, 2017 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
I am a gamer myself, so I'll enjoy the hell out of this. Sadly, I haven't been invited to a gamer club like Amano... (o.o)
Aug 4, 2017 3:01 AM

Jun 2012
Amano's voice feels weird to me. Other than that, I don't think I have anymore problem keeping up with this.
Aug 5, 2017 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
It was meh. Kinda rolled my eyes at the "most beautiful girl in the school becomes interested in average MC guy for (insert superficial reason here)" trope. Then theres the fact that she is happens to be a hardcore gamer that runs a tiny gaming club; as if a club like that wouldn't already be jam packed if its ran by the school beauty. MC is also generic, but he is at least funny sometimes with his inner reactions. FPS scene was great; loved how the newbie guy is actually super talented while the MC is dogshit at the game, lol. But the realest moment in the episode was definitely the "rejection" at the end. His desire to play games for "enjoyment" instead of "competition" is something I really can relate to; being the only "casual" in a group of gamer friends (i.e., only plays normals in MOBA's/PVP games). I'll continue watching this in hope the show will actually have something interesting to say about the whole "playing for fun" vs "playing to win" philosophy.

... but i'm guessing it will turn into a generic romcom with gaming being a mere excuse to setup love drama.
Aug 6, 2017 7:37 AM
Mar 2012
kinda fun how it rolls cliches in more unique styling & that quick timing. Lots of game refs tho I don't play so many kinds of games to recognize em. That Guiltygear looks very interesting tho.
Mc kind of annoying, but very funny, cod part was great I know that feel just watching the HD graphics & not getting kills. Very nice to see TDM where I game most. Not into mc's mobile/Granblue style games, but maybe he's great at those farming.
Blond sort of like Haganai, like some sheltered ojousama who cant take rejections.
Mono seems interesting, the rare mojamoja hair like in Bakuon.
The animation in small details quite nice for a new studio.
Aug 6, 2017 8:36 PM

Sep 2010
Interesting show, guess I'll continue watching it.
Aug 8, 2017 5:07 AM

Jan 2011
Way better comedy than I was expecting. Hope it can keep it up.
Aug 8, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2016
Not like there's many more better things this season to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2017 12:46 AM

Dec 2013
The rejection was amazing but overall an ok first episode.
Aug 24, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
The comedy in this episode was so good. I really liked all the funny texts and graphics that showed up, that was well done.
The characters are pretty okay and cliched. The protagonist is trash.
Aug 30, 2017 10:55 PM

Jan 2012
Main character is so generic he looks like Makoto from School Days. How do you expect me to project myself to this empty basket? And having Gon's voice from HxH doesn't help either.

Aside I don't hate everything haha, I actually like the 16bit era sound fx dotted throughout the episode. And the counter strike references. "Scrubs"
Sep 3, 2017 2:46 AM

Jun 2013
The meltdown kind of fell short of how big it was built up. I also find it hard to believe that the contrived coincidence that the premise is based on is never addressed. It's Keita who Tendo chose to invite, and not any one of the other hundreds of students... Because he's "passionate." I mean, sure, not everyone who likes gaming would want to join a gaming club, but everyone and their mother plays video games, so just by sheer numbers there are bound to be more "passionate" gamers at school. Keita doesn't question how unlikely it would be that he's invited, and Tendo didn't bring it up either, not even during her meltdown. Also also, why would anyone want to keep their passion for video games a secret? It's as mainstream a hobby as it gets, especially as we're approaching the end of the 2010's.

The video games featured actually resembled real-life video games, so at least there was at least a tiny bit of effort put into that part. The handful of over-the-top visual gags, like Keita disappearing in a burst of flame and him getting punched by a big red fist, introduced some much-needed strangeness into the otherwise mundane presentation (the character designs being the worst of it all). There was a nice and chill acoustic guitar piece in the background music somewhere, those are always cool. And finally, Han Megumi is always nice to hear, even though I never would have been able to guess that she was the one voicing Keita.

But there isn't enough novelty here. Except for the single twist at the very end, we've all seen this exact same episode before in some form in another show. Another problem is that Gamers! relies on slowly building up funny situations, but there's not a lot of "punch" to the punchlines. Maybe the series gets "better" later, but so far it's just not very funny.
LeeTailorSep 3, 2017 6:05 AM
Sep 3, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2017
First impression : Pretty funny.

Some highlights in order :
+ Fitting bgm.
-+ Art Ok. but honestly, Tendou look like a hentai character. Everyone's fine though.
+ Comedy & references are good.
-+ Character are believable. Not close to realistic, but still believable.
+ Every character has personality, despite being an archetype visually.

I'm on episode 3 when writing this. This episode could be 9, but as whole 3, I think this is a solid 7.5.

EDIT :
Forget about this one : Title.
Honestly, I think this is misleading and unfitting. Yes, this is about gaming, but the whole point is about geek relationship. I think people will be more lenient judging this anime if it titled "Games!” without "er."

Or better, behold :
suzuya_mitsukoSep 3, 2017 7:22 AM
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 8, 2017 5:20 AM
Apr 2017
Just in 16 minutes, I felt I am so insulted n I might drop it real soon
Sep 15, 2017 9:49 PM

Mar 2015
I actually like this first episode. It's funny with a lot of misunderstanding that I totally love.

Sep 18, 2017 8:17 PM

Dec 2016
Seems like a nice enough show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 19, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
That ending LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sep 22, 2017 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
interesting so far

i was mostly motivated bc tosshi voices the tall guy

i don't like that the MC is voiced by a girl bc i keep mistaking him as one
Sep 27, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
Can anyone tell me where this door leads to?! Been wondering
Sep 28, 2017 7:33 AM
Dec 2012
Good 1st episode. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as i did.
Xsavior said:
lmao I didn't notice that :D
Sep 28, 2017 12:36 PM
Feb 2014
I suddenly want to play a mobile game like that. Any suggestions? I want some where you can actually text with people and work in teams. Free ofc
Oct 9, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2013
Boring to average episode, but then the last few minutes of the ep was amusing

My friend highly highly recommends, so I'll stay for now :3
Apparently it's a slow start
Oct 20, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was a lovely first episode I must say! Quite like where this is going, let's see what happens next.
Oct 24, 2017 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
That was pretty funny! Reminds me a little of haganai because of the club and no friends haha.
But it was hilarious that he rejected it XD definitely did not expect that.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 27, 2017 4:53 AM
Jul 2017
Holy shit this is really good!

But why does he say no? is he stupid?

Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 27, 2017 4:54 AM
Jul 2017
Xsavior said:

AHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH H YOU HAVE GOOD EYE'S DONT YOU!? xDDDDDDDD
Kokoro Connect <3
Nov 18, 2017 8:11 AM

Sep 2010
MC: Hmm... it will be nice club, I finally made friends and senpai's are nice.
Girl: Then will you join
MC:

I was thinking of dropping this series on first ep but thinking of this MEME alone wants me to give it a go.
Nov 24, 2017 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
Not my favorite so far or anything, but this anime seems to have potential!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 16, 2017 5:45 AM

Sep 2012
Keita: Seriously, Wat The Heck is going on, is this a give a nerd heart attack day?!
ME: it seems it is 😂
Dec 17, 2017 8:36 AM

May 2015
I like it so far except MC puny AF voice...
Jan 24, 2018 10:59 PM
Jan 2017
This was a pretty good 1st episode, but right now I hate the main character. And while some characters are clique at least Nintendu isnt a bitch trope character constantly slapping guys and yelling pervert for no reason. so that shows a LOT of promise.
May 4, 2018 11:22 PM

Mar 2018
this is great anime i like it alot
Sep 4, 2018 3:48 PM
Jun 2016
Lmao the first episode was so much better than what I expected. Tendou turning up the heat by saying she’s interested and he’s like “No I can’t join I’m too casual” just frustrated me in a good way.

The way they showed CS was hilarious to me and gave me a good laugh. Hugely impressed by the first episode for some reason.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

321 by SuperSonic486 »»
Jun 4, 1:34 PM

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.