Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, the animation style seemed fine with this show so far.

The story is pretty simple with gaming as a major theme along with the gaming club. A lot of games themes in this show and it it didn't even take long to get to the gaming part.

I like Tendo so far though, she seems like someone that isn't hard to make friends with especially if you're a gamer and has a very sweet smile. Keita is a pretty plain dude imo, nothing too special about him or at least yet. Aguri is kind of an oddball character, hard to take her seriously so far.

Not bad overall, it set up later episodes well with this premiere. It's funny how we have a New Game and this show both airing this Summer
Jul 13, 2017 6:55 AM

Apr 2010
This was disappointing, the summary sounded ok but the characters are really cliche which pretty much comes at cost of the anime.
The events where predictable which didn't help either.
I am hoping next week will be better.
Jul 13, 2017 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Alright I was expecting him to accept it as a natural cliche development so when he turned the offer down I got interested fast! will definitely keep watching this.
Jul 13, 2017 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
Nothing special tbh. The fact that the main topic are games has me interested though.

Promising CS:GO CoD player right there
AnathorJul 13, 2017 1:44 PM
Jul 13, 2017 8:57 AM

Dec 2014
Honestly, as someone who read 5 volumes of the LN, I had extremely low expectations on this anime - the PV was never out, and the initial characater designs looked kinda bland and the studio... I never heard before (I did watch Tawawa on Monday, though).

Maybe because my expectation was low, this episode was not bad at all. The animation does look low budget but it's not like this kind of genre requires high budget anyway. The LN is one of my favourite romcoms so I am definitely continuing this.
Jul 13, 2017 9:37 AM
Apr 2010
"Casuls will never git gud!"
Jul 13, 2017 9:41 AM

Feb 2014
Gaming at its best!! XD
Keita's simulation's are funny!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 13, 2017 9:54 AM

Sep 2015
Remind me of Kono Bijutsubu but ok i guess?

- Reject School idol in front of class and made her cry
- Blonde Blonde Blonde!
- Another Kirito face
- Saying only play "fun game" playing a japanese game app.... LIE!
Into the Internet!
Jul 13, 2017 9:54 AM
Nov 2014
A bit disappointed with the first episode, I don't really like the romance so far but I'm a sucker for romcom. Might improve my opinion as the show progresses.
Jul 13, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
Well what do you know, Amano also plays Ace Combat. Now I'm excited. >_<
Well Amano's thought and behavior seems pretty common but Tasuku... is kinda sad, I guess. I mean he have a girlfriend but they're just act like typical childhood friend and he compliment himself inside his mind and not said it loud in front of his girlfriend.
Nice pick Amano. If it not suits with your liking, then maybe just decline the offer would be good. Salute for Passionate Gamers.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 13, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Good first episode. Animation is okay. I recognized some of the games they were playing like CSGO and COD and the headset from HyperX. The reaction faces are funny. I can somewhat relate to Keita. I play games just for fun too. Tendou is a nice girl. She can't believe she got rejected. The other characters are nice too. Looking forward to see more.
Jul 13, 2017 10:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay I wasn't totally convinced by this at first but once they started laying on the trollish memes, that was pretty hilarious :3
Jul 13, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2011
I'll give this a 10/10 if they bring out the arrow in the knee meme
Jul 13, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
Wow a lot of hate on the first episode. I actually really liked the development of this episode.

The foreshadowing moments were pretty funny and something I've rarely seen in anime.
The animation I thought was really good. Basically looks like "This Art Club has a problem" Also I liked a lot of the little extra details they put into the animation. Leg movements, detail on the face and hands. i really liked it.
A lot of funny video game references and other references as well (Star Wars).
And Amano turned down the club which I did not expect at all!

I'm not sure if this story is going to take a more comedic route or serious route though. I mean they were talking about how Amano and the Block Puzzle guy were both loners making new friends, but Amano rejecting the club along with the Foreshadowing about how things turned out for some of these people make it seem like it's leaning towards a pure comedy.

Please no romance.
SoraSenpaiJul 13, 2017 10:15 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 13, 2017 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
Nice start.

The anime CSGO was pretty cool. I started laughing when I saw the senpai questioning Amano's actions.

I can't exactly get behind Amano's reasoning for turning down the invitation. It's not like the club is focused on competitive gaming. Tendo herself said he didn't necessarily have to be good at games or anything, not to mention he threw away a place he'd really feel at home with people he could actually be friends with. I get that he wants to play games for fun but there was nothing obstructing that. Well, he'll probably come around.

Tendo is super cute, love her already. Kinda felt sad when she teared up at the end.

Where were all the game clubs when I was at school? XD
Jul 13, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2011
Love the actual game references. Too bad they had to resort to not-Granblue and not CS for a couple.

Lelouch0202 said:

I can't exactly get behind Amano's reasoning for turning down the invitation. It's not like the club is focused on competitive gaming. Tendo herself said he didn't necessarily have to be good at games or anything, not to mention he threw away a place he'd really feel at home with people he could actually be friends with. I get that he wants to play games for fun but there was nothing obstructing that. Well, he'll probably come around.

It's hard to feel comfortable surrounded by highly competitive people when you yourself aren't. Even I feel out of place online from my old guild when I stopped doing hardcore raiding in MMO's.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 13, 2017 10:25 AM
Apr 2010
Lelouch0202 said:
Nice start.

The anime CSGO was pretty cool. I started laughing when I saw the senpai questioning Amano's actions.

Tendo is super cute, love her already. Kinda felt sad when she teared up at the end.

Where were all the game clubs when I was at school? XD

That is not questioning, it is called "Roasting"! xD Amano got roasted by pro player, which is a honor tbh. :P
Jul 13, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
lmao, they actually put real game inside
the comedy is a hit for me,
I love this, prob gonna be my one of favorite animu this season for me
Jul 13, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2013
It was alright, I can already see the drama coming instead of being a comedy.
Jul 13, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Really excited from what I saw, for an anime like this the animation just can't be Deen level and it'll work fine.

Amano's VA is still weird to me, expecting something more akin to Hanae Natsuki but I think it'll grow on me. Also glad to see that the anime is adding it's own flare to the source material.

I'm just glad that my main show for summer had a good first episode.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 13, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2017
This is just like D-frag with less maniac overly geek tons of members with flat atmosphere. and That invitation from the club is just how Shibasaki or Tendou get him recruited in the first place(The Exact opposite).
-HippySnob-Jul 13, 2017 10:44 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 13, 2017 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Mezter said:
Honestly, as someone who read 5 volumes of the LN, I had extremely low expectations on this anime - the PV was never out, and the initial characater designs looked kinda bland and the studio... I never heard before (I did watch Tawawa on Monday, though).

Maybe because my expectation was low, this episode was not bad at all. The animation does look low budget but it's not like this kind of genre requires high budget anyway. The LN is one of my favourite romcoms so I am definitely continuing this.
idk about the Low Budget part https://twitter.com/AshitanoGin/status/885534284131565574
Sup...
Jul 13, 2017 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
I liked this alot, it's simple, but it works

Can't wait for next week !
Jul 13, 2017 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed this. I can definitely understand why he wouldn't want to join the club. I used to play games online super competitively but got bored of them and stopped and now I don't really join with my friends who still do because I can't feel the same excitement they do when they play. I like to play stuff my own way. I find it super funny how their classmates are probably clueless in the situation and will probably think he rejected her. Hopefully he doesn't get bullied lol
Jul 13, 2017 10:50 AM

Apr 2017
Idk... it wasn't anything special honestly. I'll give it 2-3 more episodes to see where it goes. And I feel like this season, we're getting too many "slipped on a banana peel" moments...
Jul 13, 2017 10:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This was fairly good. The comedy doesn't always work, but when it does, it's pretty good. The characters are alright, but idk if they can grow on me or not. MC's VA seems like a mismatch though. I'd rather have someone like Hanae Natsuki or Osaka Ryota voice the MC. If I was the MC, I wouldn't have joined the club either since they don't play the genres I care about. The MC feels relateable in that regard.

4/5
Jul 13, 2017 10:53 AM

May 2012
The opening scene caught my interest. It will probably be show in later episodes since that appears to happen in summer whereas what's happening so far is in spring.

I was not expecting Amano to reject her offer twice, and in public even, so I'm looking forward to how this turns out.
Jul 13, 2017 10:55 AM

Nov 2016
The gaming aspect didn't interest me that much, I'm just here for the romance :P

Decent start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2017 11:04 AM

Oct 2012
lel filthy casuals
Jul 13, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
Mono san is prob a fellow a classmate at his school. Then ends up being part of the game club.
Jul 13, 2017 11:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good episode first up, plain and simply yet enjoyable.
Comedy seems to be in sync and perfectly implemented so that's a great feature.
Animation seems top notch as well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 13, 2017 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
Seems all right, I'll give it a go.

(Also, Aguri is cute as heck)

Jul 13, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
digging all of the Arc System Works stuff strewn about
Jul 13, 2017 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
This ranked #7 in the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2017 poll so I was vaguely interested. It seems okay so far, though it could go either way at this point.
Jul 13, 2017 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
This is actually pretty decent start to be completely honest. The aspect is alright and the way the executed the buildup was good. Artstyle isn't really that special but it was good for the standards of the studio in my opinion.

Other than that, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible either.
Jul 13, 2017 11:23 AM

Feb 2014
I liked the rejection at the end, was not expecting that!
Jul 13, 2017 11:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This MC needs to be put down lol

This poor girl whose just as great as you can get poured her heart out to get you to join this damn club that I would have killed to be in when I was in high school and you're gonna go and do this lol

I dunno what to say lol....I liked this episode a lot and the main cast seems pretty fun, but man those last few minutes were rough
Jul 13, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2010
I'm liking this so far and that ending card ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 13, 2017 11:35 AM
Aug 2015
I enjoyed that first episode a lot, can't wait for more!
Jul 13, 2017 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
I kind of expected the rejection due to knowing the show was a comedy and the build-up towards it, but I didn't expect the ending. Due to the open-ending, I actually have no clue as what could happen next, since it was being cliche until then, and I'm interested to see what happens.
Alright so far, I just wonder what's happening at the start of the episode, and whether that's going to be in the final episode or some other.
Amano jumping on the car in counter strike though, that was funny.
Jul 13, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
now there's a place everyone knows well

she's not using the Type A layout AND she plays Elphelt, worst girl confirmed
ChexGuyJul 13, 2017 11:57 AM
Jul 13, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
lmao

I won't say I found it anything special, but I think that it was a pretty decent first episode, the animation is alright but I don't see why it would need to be better, the rejection caught me off guard and the double rejection was hilarious, 6.5/10 start, I will give it more episodes.

Also, the (I guess) main girl is called Karen and she's blonde, I feel the desu!
Jul 13, 2017 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
MC is kinda dumb, but generally it gave me really positive vibes, so I'm looking forward for more.
MetaThPr4h said:

Also, the (I guess) main girl is called Karen and she's blonde, I feel the desu!

This, desu! ^^
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 13, 2017 11:49 AM

Jun 2017
How can the MC be such a fucking casual?

Eh, it was alright.
Jul 13, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
yes finally some unpredictable plot, comedy wise made me giggle a couple of times. looking forward for more episodes, less cucks and more romance, 8/10 episode.
Jul 13, 2017 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
No, that's not how a girl beating speedrun record in a nintendo game would look like. First scene of the episode made me curious but her and MC are a huge turn off. One is BS cliche and the other is annoying wimp cliche. Obviously shows like this are all about characters but I don't see a single one that could carry it. Although I have to admit wimp sticking to his resolve made me curios to watch the next episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 13, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man the MC lol

This first episode had me laughing and the MC is so unbelievable.

In the last few moments we learned how Tendou's reputation was shattered.
LeoJul 13, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 13, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2016
Okay episode reminds me of D-Frag (which I didn't like) or Haganai (which I loved) so I'm still mixed on this show!

I feel like this show is just to secretly promote new games and send them to the audience to buy them...
conspiracy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2017 12:24 PM
Jun 2016
-Stray said:
Alright I was expecting him to accept it as a natural cliche development so when he turned the offer down I got interested fast! will definitely keep watching this.

Hehe I was thinking the same thing, we all know he will eventually join, but I like it's not going the quick route :>
Jul 13, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2016

This was a pleasant surprise. For most of the episode, I really enjoyed the characters and the way things were going. The whole "gaming" theme was something I was worried they'd misuse, but so far at least I'm pretty happy with what's been shown. Karen is outright adorable, and the other characters were neat. The club itself (room included) felt comfy as hell, and if that's going to (hopefully) be the main base of operations, I'm gonna like the setting.

Can't lie, though, that ending felt like a slap in the face. I don't agree with the decision to create so much positive build-up and then just throw all of that away because "muh preferred gaming style". Sure, it makes sense, but you didn't have to go that way. Plus, refusal to join the club aside, Keita was just being a dick to Karen at that point. I'm not to keen on having a male protagonist that's so socially awkward he's just blind to others' feelings. Not fun to experience.

If there's a good enough recovery in the second episode, I feel confident this will be quite the enjoyable series. More of the club mates (and this mysterious gamer girl), please!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.