Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 6, 2013 4:35 AM

May 2010
Man,this season is special for me as this is probably last active season in my animelist...(it will be for possibly a long time)So i am glad this anime is on my anime list...I am sure that whenever I look back to the past in the future,I will surely be sad because I would be unable to watch all those awesome anime regularly as I will be going to college in another city....but hey..there is still that heartwarming feeling..

Why I am even writing this here..but thats the proof that this anime awesomeness.Hah,I have totally lost my point..I will miss everyone here..
Apr 6, 2013 6:24 AM

May 2010
Was holding my breath the entire time. And I don't get the hate about Chihaya making mistakes. I believe she's continuously learning, and she clearly showed a lot of improvements in this episode.

And I'm totally fine with the slow pacing. Haven't read the manga so I don't know how far we are into the story, but hopefully we'll get a third season.
Apr 6, 2013 6:51 AM

Nov 2012
It is so interesting! Can't wait for the next episode! Ayase win this, please!
Apr 6, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2009
This definitely made up for the last episode that felt like a filler. This was intense. Exciting. I totally loved how Chihaya went below Megumu's defense and pushed the card. \ (^o^) /

eminagnam said:
Megumu is doing her best, but Chihaya is likly to win in the end as expected: she is a female lead after all.

Not having read the manga, Chihayafuru is one series where I can expect Chihaya to lose, even to players like Megumu, who CAN be beaten by her. The expectation of the female lead always winning is not here. We saw Taichi thinking about Chihaya and how it has been a year and how much she has developed, and I love how that plays with our minds too. That we think she's fine, that we think she can handle Megumu now. I mean, I AM happy when Chihaya wins, and I want her to. It's just that this show manages to bring out the case of probability. Like the game with Hokuou. Defeats are good too, you see her progress more. I like that about this series. :)
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 6, 2013 9:17 AM

Aug 2011
Woah next episode has to look so good
Apr 6, 2013 10:26 AM
Aug 2012
soooooooooooo nerve wrecking!!!!!!!

Chihaya plz win.............!
Apr 6, 2013 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
This ep was great and really fast!
GO CHIHAYA!

5/5
Apr 6, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2011
Great match! 5/5
Apr 6, 2013 6:24 PM

Jul 2008
itsvero said:
I'm getting worried about the pacing. At this rate the anime will end when Omi Jingu ends. This is going a bit too slow for my liking.

Same, this episode felt a little too drawn out. I am all for tension and suspense, but I didn't think the match needed 3 episodes.

Also I felt the animation was not that great this episode. Almost everything was just talking over pans of the crowd or slow closeups of faces.
Apr 6, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2011
GarLogan78 said:
itsvero said:
I'm getting worried about the pacing. At this rate the anime will end when Omi Jingu ends. This is going a bit too slow for my liking.

Same, this episode felt a little too drawn out. I am all for tension and suspense, but I didn't think the match needed 3 episodes.

Also I felt the animation was not that great this episode. Almost everything was just talking over pans of the crowd or slow closeups of faces.

So, this means that we will have a 3rd season for sure?! Well I hope...
Apr 6, 2013 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
In hindsight, the second season of Chihayafuru is glacially paced, but wow, every episode just feels like it flies by. The tension was fantastic, aside from the annoying camera guys.

I think my biggest complaint for this episode, though, is that I feel like Chihaya is trying to emulate the Queen too much. It's interesting to see her progress by this emulation, but at the same time, I just wish Chihaya would try to improve herself more by developing her own style and overcoming her flaws. This episode did address the concept of overcoming flaws, but I feel like it didn't apply very well. At this point, I feel like Chihaya is just trying to hone in on the skills that the Queen is good at and try to beat out the Queen on Shinobu's own playing field. I really just want to see Chihaya climb along the path of becoming Queen with her own strengths and style.
Apr 6, 2013 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
Ugh, just when I praised Chihayafuru 2 for picking up the pacing, it goes right back into snail mode...
Apr 7, 2013 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
nauticalblue said:
In hindsight, the second season of Chihayafuru is glacially paced, but wow, every episode just feels like it flies by. The tension was fantastic, aside from the annoying camera guys.

This. It's amazing how quickly the episodes seem to go by despite not a whole lot usually happening. I'm loving this more every week.
Apr 7, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
WHAT DA FAAAK I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NAO!

im still waiting for someone to clash hands
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 7, 2013 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
very intense match!!!!

this is the best episode so far of the season :)

now this is Karuta at high level play!!!!!!

why did you celebrate too early Chihaya :(

lol Chihaya managed to contest that card for the first time :)

Megemu took the bait :P

Chihaya getting fired up!!!!!!!

Megemu looking at her band, Chihaya knows she's determined as well!!

Megemu getting a little scared now :P

not THIS is the best move ever!!!

the finesse, the elegance, Za Queen style!!!!

Megemu realize how badly Chihaya wants to become Za Queen!!!!

New Girl :P

the constant switch of momentum!!

this is amazing!!!!

Team vs Team!!!!

another one for Chihaya!!!!!!!!!

Megemu getting a little dumbfounded now :P

Megemu is getting serious though!!!

lol i love the battle of contest between Chihaya and Megemu!!!

soo funny XD

Megemu on the offense!!!

Mizusawa is ready to take this!!!!!

next episode will decide the outcome!!!!!!!!

hurry up next week!!!

Apr 8, 2013 1:33 AM

Jan 2008
I like how Chihaya developments are pointed out in this season as well for the other players. It's nice to see their growth with karuta.

The three photographers became annoying to my liking. Twice or thrice screen time for them are fine. Explanation regarding Megumu, I think can be done in other ways aside from them.
Apr 8, 2013 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
OH MY GOD SUCH AN INTENSE EPISODE!!! D; So much back and forth between Megumu and Chihaya ... I'm really unsure about who's going to win! You'd think it'd be Chihaya especially with how she focused at the end ... but Megumu's strong too! Plus it'd be more "interesting" to have it depend on the other members to pull off a win ...
So Megumu doesn't really want to be Queen after all ... she's just going along with it because of the other people on her team huh? That's so different from everyone ...
I love to see how Chihaya's changed. She's using everybody's help to win her cards, and especially "not taking them with her speed" ... so interesting how she related to Megumu!
Ah, I can't wait for the next episode! They go by too quickly T_T
Apr 9, 2013 4:24 PM

Nov 2008
I want Chihaya's team to win, but I want her to lose to Megumu. For some reason I just want Megumu to win.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 9, 2013 5:20 PM
Dec 2012
This anime is so great because the feelings of a fake cartoon person seem so real and relatable. I cannot possibly wait another...5 days!!! I NEED to see Arata and even better...the Queen! I'm going to rewatch the past 3 episodes to put up with this irritation...
Apr 9, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
angelluvsdangos said:
This anime is so great because the feelings of a fake cartoon person seem so real and relatable. I cannot possibly wait another...5 days!!! I NEED to see Arata and even better...the Queen! I'm going to rewatch the past 3 episodes to put up with this irritation...

I'm re-watching season 1 for this, episodes 13-14 and on! Snow Snow! Snowmaru vs. D.B!
hpulleyApr 9, 2013 5:53 PM
Apr 10, 2013 5:34 PM
Feb 2011
nauticalblue said:

I think my biggest complaint for this episode, though, is that I feel like Chihaya is trying to emulate the Queen too much. It's interesting to see her progress by this emulation, but at the same time, I just wish Chihaya would try to improve herself more by developing her own style and overcoming her flaws. This episode did address the concept of overcoming flaws, but I feel like it didn't apply very well. At this point, I feel like Chihaya is just trying to hone in on the skills that the Queen is good at and try to beat out the Queen on Shinobu's own playing field. I really just want to see Chihaya climb along the path of becoming Queen with her own strengths and style.

Oh, it's interesting you say that because the reason she's working a lot on the Queen's style is because it's very different from hers. Her natural style was described as being very similar to the current Master. And believe it or not, she's trying to develop both. Because she's very ambitious and greedy. She doesn't seek to merely catch up to the queen, she aims to surpass her. She's basically aiming to incorporate the Queen's style into her own. That's why the 2nd half of the match should be very interesting. Because that's usually where her ability to hear multiple-syllable cards as soon as the first syllable is pronounced shows itself.
Apr 11, 2013 4:35 PM

Feb 2010
rodac said:
Another "on the edge of your seat" episode. Is anyone even watching the other semi-final match?

I was thinking the same thing... lol This match has attracted quite a following.

...anddd I'm finally caught up on this series!
Apr 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
This match has gone wayyy too long.

Still good though.
May 14, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, really flew by. Not since Shinsekai Yori have episodes flown by this fast.
May 31, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
I cried a little after the other girl in the all girls school team shouted, the BGM made me teared up.. Touching!

Edit : I don't get it, why are people saying it's intense? For me, the intensity fade away after every screams of "One card at a time". I think both team said that in total of more than 5 times in this episode, which.. in their time.. only 5minutes have passed.. maybe..?
ToG25thBaamMay 31, 2013 6:52 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
TOO INTENSE FOR MY SOUL!! Such a competitive game!
Jul 3, 2013 7:52 AM

May 2012
They're really making this match really intense, can't wait to see the final moment, lets see what's next!
Jul 11, 2013 10:34 PM

Apr 2012
whoa it really feels like Megumu's true colors are coming out in this episode.
I feel like that Chihaya can dominate and win, but you never know!
Looking forward to how the end of the match plays out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2013 12:59 PM
May 2012
Time to sleep again even though I want to watch the next episode gotta sleep now.
Aug 11, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Time to sleep again even though I want to watch the next episode gotta sleep now.

Yup me too.
May 22, 2014 12:11 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Tough back and forth match.

Come on Chihaya, make the momentum go to your side.

May 31, 2014 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

It needed only a little more space for the other, and it was the perfect episode.
Plot that focuses all attention on the clash, slowing bad; but that's okay.
Narrative so taut, oh my! D:
Drawings and animations that maintain a good level.
In this episode Megumu seems to show a determination that seemed to have before, funny face Nikuman after seeing its opponent's attack ferociously.
This anime is a hoot when it comes to comedy, but not only ...
Nice the opening and the ending of the second stgione.
Feb 10, 2015 8:06 AM

Dec 2013
Exciting ep.
Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM

Oct 2013
Loved it! I really hope they will win and I hope Chihaya learns to play more "steady".
Nov 10, 2015 8:47 PM
May 2015
Are you really sure you haven’t played against anyone who is so calm, Chihaya? I think you have forgot a guy called Arata. We all know Chihaya is going to win the match since she is the main female protagonist. But the moment we are all waiting is not about Chihaya and her team's win; its Arata vs. Shinbou!
Jan 3, 2016 9:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
9988 said:
Soshinra said:
Should be able to end this match by next episode.
I think Nikuman and Chihaya will lost their game and the other 3 will win.

I think that'll happen, and then whatever is feuding between Yuuchan and Megumu will probably explode next episode.
Whatever happens, it'll inspire Chihaya after crushing her.
Feb 4, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2014
"When wind blows ." "Silent waves." Shikari shite !!
Momentum is always crucial . Though , Outcomes depends .
Simple-minded and the composed . Lenses of truth ~ .
Guard it dearly ~ . It is Shifting . The Consecutive cards by betterment .
Learn to contest , youth and gentle ~ . " Watashi wa !! " Vocal Leads .
"The Pressure between the two teams is clashing." Absolutely .
VERY GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2016 5:26 PM

Aug 2014
Very predictable but i enjoy it.
Chihaya is dumb.
Nov 4, 2016 11:48 PM

Dec 2014
well I am voting for chihaya's team... will they win... I hope they can.....
Apr 25, 2017 3:30 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, this match is intense!
Sep 9, 2017 1:27 PM

Nov 2016
Megumu awakening :O

That was so intense, great stuff, really.

Also lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2017 4:31 PM

Feb 2015
I'm still not a huge fan of Megumu. But her wanting to be Queen not for herself, for everyone else, made me feel a bit bad for her. Nice, intense episode and the "trit-trot" made me lol.

Feb 5, 2019 11:01 AM
Apr 2016
What a crazy match! Chihaya is having a hard time, but at the same time is improving on spot :D
Nov 24, 2019 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
Bloody hell! Mizusawa is in danger! Megumu and her teammates went full power, it seems. :o

I love those guys with cameras. xD It's how fanboys look like actually, haha.
Jan 5, 2020 1:43 AM

Mar 2015
The mind games continue in this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 1, 2020 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
What an intense match! Chihaya is holding her own against Megumu too.

The three otaku creeps butting in to talk about their beloved Megumu every few minutes was so annoying lol
May 1, 2020 11:33 AM
Feb 2016
Wtf is going on ? Porky is the last one to underestimate his opponent but all of the sudden he can't play against aggressive playing girls??? Not a fan of the way this is going.

It would be nice if the show actually decided to show chihaya training on her weaknesses and not shitty flashbacks. It's definitely not a time issue because they wasted a lot of time on the bullshit triangle romance. Would be also nice if she actually developed her own techniques and not copy the exact moves of the master and Queen.

Looks like they finally addressed the team mates of Fujisaki being deadweight who are dragging her down. Not too mention that Fujisaki didn't take karuta seriously up until last year. I don't know if she's able to win this match.
Mar 22, 2021 1:34 AM

Aug 2018
The tension!!
Very good episode
Jun 11, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2021
intense intense intense ;w;
i wish i was a cloud
Jul 13, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, that was too tense! Destroy her, Chihaya!

Chihaya's really improved. She's still unstable I think. Her playing is up and down, unlike Megumu in the early game, but her skills I think are drawing closer and closer to both Suo Hisashi and Shinobu-chan.

Ah, I still can't tell who's gonna win!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

89 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

76 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

102 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

111 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

122 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 2:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.