Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 9, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a Haoliners Animation show, I didn't think the animation was bad at all. Nothing groundbreaking but certainly works for this series.

They didn't waste time introducing the centaur girls and others. Between the characters, Nozomi is the most intimidating the scariest so far. It's a pretty fun show with a normal school life setting except all the characters aren't human. It takes risks to adapt a show like this but I think it worked out well so far. Himeno is also really cute imo for a centaur :D
Jul 9, 2017 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Read the manga a few years ago but i have not seen it in a while so seeing this animated was a big surprise.
I really loved the manga so this is simply great for me.
Still i didn't expect the class rep to be so strict, she was strict in the manga but she seems to be a bit more strict here.
It could just be me tho.
Jul 9, 2017 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
Went in without expectations and I found it quite enjoyable. The setting is nothing new, but since everyone is not human they might develop some interesting stories like demi-chan did.
Jul 9, 2017 8:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though this didn't capture me as much as Demi-chan did, I still enjoyed it for the most part

The art and animation is decent and so far the characters aren't unlikable which is always a good thing, but I'm hoping that this show will manage to have interesting and fun character moments along the way

I don't expect this to be as great as Demi-chan but I hope that it manages to at least come close
Jul 9, 2017 8:20 AM

Jan 2012
So a yurilicious kiss to start the show, and Nozomi resting on Hime's big, beautiful tits to end the show...I like it already! XD Couldn't help but smirk at that comment about discrimination being impossible among four limb humans though. Combined with the overall indoctrination tone of the lecture I wonder if this show may wind up being more than just cute fluff...
Jul 9, 2017 8:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This episode was really dull. Everything is just average.

The only bit that had me interested was the exposition about the monster girls. Other than that, really a bunch of ''nothing''.
Jul 9, 2017 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
Nozomi done what best for the moment of silence of that sudden stage fall.
Aside from Hime, the class rep looks pretty cute to in her own way.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 9, 2017 9:05 AM
Dec 2015
animefan8800 said:
So a yurilicious kiss to start the show, and Nozomi resting on Hime's big, beautiful tits to end the show...I like it already! XD Couldn't help but smirk at that comment about discrimination being impossible among four limb humans though. Combined with the overall indoctrination tone of the lecture I wonder if this show may wind up being more than just cute fluff...

Unfortunately this is not Yuri. Even I started reading the manga for these but no it is not there
Jul 9, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2012
anirudhsuki said:
animefan8800 said:

Unfortunately this is not Yuri. Even I started reading the manga for these but no it is not there

CLOSE ENOUGH THEN! XD
Jul 9, 2017 9:21 AM
Aug 2015
Average episode, nothing made the show good nor bad. The backstory into human life was quite interesting though
Jul 9, 2017 9:29 AM

Feb 2015
Hmm. Interesting approach to start with the cultural festival. That's usually like episode 10. It was a good way of making the start different but the lack of introduction did throw me off a little. They did then introduce the world of alternate evolution which was pretty cool, and then focused on the 3 main girls. They're all pretty likeable but very ordinary. They don't stand out. Everything is done adequately, so I'll keep watching for now.
Jul 9, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2012
This is the most no effort monster girl show ever. Only the main centaur is even 20% monster.

It's just another 'Cute girls doing cute things' show but riding on the popularity monster girl shows have gotten recently
Jul 9, 2017 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
well the concept is good but too much seinen for me
Jul 9, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Underwhelming start unfortunately. It felt like a episode 6 where you know all about the characters already by giving us this play. Wasn't too happy about that beginning. I wish they explained a little more about the world they live in too. It was pretty vague on whether or not they consider themselves humans or are their actual humans living in this world.

The background music was nice and the ending song was pretty good too. The animation was really choppy at times and really not good to look at.

The main girls are just average. Ill keep with it though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 9, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
The quality is good :O japan better take notice, the chinese are about to leap pass them.
Nice yuri stage play and running gymp class :)
Jul 9, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
Well, it was... okaaaay.

Animation was average, voice acting was average, things start too much in media res to properly introduce characters.

But since I was waiting for this adaptation, I'll surely keep watching. I can't wait for snek.
Jul 9, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
Super excited, I heard the manga is a crazy roller coaster.
Jul 9, 2017 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
the centaur girl stands out more than the other girl though... lol

great save from falling stage by centaur though... they need to make more sturdy prop
can't wait to see Shino...
michaelh19Jul 9, 2017 10:24 AM
Jul 9, 2017 10:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, a fairly average start with nothing underwhelming nor overwhelming. Animation's pretty good as well as the music. Characters seem fine too. Setting of the show is rather interesting though. That's about it...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 9, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Weird way to start a show. The art is decent at best and the characters are likable. Got to learn some history about the origin of humans.
Jul 9, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
That was a decent start I guess, even kinda fun, but I don't know if I will keep watching this, since beside the fact that the girls aren't humans, there's nothing remarkable about it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2017 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
I have a mixed feelings. Characters are indeed likeable, setting seems to be OK, but I dunno. Usually I'm not against fanservice at all, but if it comes to monster girls...
Anyway, Monster Musume was a trash, this is watchable. I will continue and for now, I'm not planning to drop it.
Anyway [2], I would argue about art quality which is mediocre at best and in many places even plain bad (especially with scenes where characters are not in the 1st plane). Still better than any 3D crap tho. Voice acting should be a one of strong points of this series type, unfortunately only main 'girl' has standing out voice acting.

rsc-plJul 9, 2017 12:30 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2017 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
That was GREAT! Just what I originally wanted from MonMusu. The only problem with Demi-chan was that the girls were too human. This could easily be my AotS.

The way it opened wasn't a great choice, and counting horns as limbs is bizarre, but whatever, I really like this world.

Kinaro said:
Only the main centaur is even 20% monster.

You didn't notice https://myanimelist.net/character/150729/Sassassul_Quetzalcoatl in the OP? :3
Jul 9, 2017 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
Emon and Haoliners destroy anything they touch. This adaptation wasn't hot stinking garbage like everything else, but the series deserves so much better.
Jul 9, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
I'm just gonna stick with it to see if it's tolerable for a few episodes but honestly it's nothing really special by going off the pilot alone. It seems like it will be the laid back show of the season but other than that, it might be the yuribait rule 34-chan of the season.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2011
I sure hope the score is what it is because Haoliners is working on this.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 9, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
Horribly bad animation quality. Average adaptation quality. Let's see where this goes.

This work deserved so much better as its one of the best manga.
Jul 9, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 2014
SoraSenpai said:
Underwhelming start unfortunately. It felt like a episode 6 where you know all about the characters already by giving us this play. Wasn't too happy about that beginning. I wish they explained a little more about the world they live in too. It was pretty vague on whether or not they consider themselves humans or are their actual humans living in this world.

Go watch the classrooom scene in the second part again. They pretty much explicitly state that they are the humans and there are no "normal" humans in their world. Nothing vague at all.
Jul 9, 2017 3:39 PM

May 2016
As mentioned before, this doesn't feel like a first episode. A bit weird start to the show.

Other than that I enjoyed it a bit more than manga, the art style is better (even if nothing special), but it is still just so average. Nothing really stands out and one of the reasons I dropped/put manga on hold is that is just too laid back and nothing too interesting happens so I hope the anime will fair better.
Jul 9, 2017 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
it's cute but it's normal, kinda dull, nothing special. and the comedy isn't for me.
Jul 9, 2017 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
I didn't go in expecting much, but it was a nice casual watch. Nothing too grasping, but I do hope they delve into the history and background of how the world ended up here. In a very strange setting, that seems kind of "big brother-ish" with the looming men in uniform and propaganda like speech from the teacher.
Jul 9, 2017 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting history of oppression, pretty dark, wonder if that will factor into the story.
Too bad there isn't at least one human.
Jul 9, 2017 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
I thought this was pretty good.

I like how the class has all kinds of races in it.

Comedy was decent.

Looking forward to watching more.
Jul 9, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2016
Aversa said:
Read the manga a few years ago but i have not seen it in a while so seeing this animated was a big surprise.
I really loved the manga so this is simply great for me.
Still i didn't expect the class rep to be so strict, she was strict in the manga but she seems to be a bit more strict here.
It could just be me tho.

Just a quick question since youve read the manga. Is Nozomi a guy or a girl. In the sub I watched it said her but I figured Id ask just to check
Jul 9, 2017 5:47 PM

Apr 2015
Fuck yeah, I'm ready for some dystopian enforced equality gay furry show.

Really, it was quite enjoyable.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 9, 2017 6:09 PM

Feb 2012
This was one of the most confusing starts to an anime I have ever seen. It really did feel like this is an episode 6 in a traditional anime. I checked the manga and this is how the manga starts so I can't blame the anime studio too much for this.

What really has me worried are the OPs and the EDs. They OP felt like the creators just took their favorite bits of other OPs you can find regardless of genre and just threw them all together. I couldn't figure out what it was trying to do and that has me worried that the rest of the anime will be random stuff thrown together. Its pretty much what this first episode was. The ED was better, but it felt like it was for a different anime. They clearly chose to feature the class president because she is easier to use as fan service bait and anime has already established cool ways to anime angels. She was an easy character to make some cool shots for, even if it doesn't seem to fit with what the story is going to be.

The best part of the episode was totalitarian vibe the second half presented. It looks like many freedoms were sacrificed to achieve "equality," so I hope that continues to be something that is hinted throughout.
Jul 9, 2017 6:49 PM

Apr 2016
This was not a very strong start to the series IMHO. For someone like me who loves the manga, it seems like it could be pretty great, but I wonder if it felt a little alienating for newcomers as it completely lacked any sort of "formal" introduction. For those who have dropped or are about to drop, please stick with it for a couple more episodes as it will "hopefully" show what makes it unique. All in all, I hope that it can capture the feel of the manga ands the hearts of the viewers.
Jul 9, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2015
WHAT A WAY TO START THE ANIME. So like, I had no idea what to expect from this at all (which happens a lot with me), and when I was looking into the seasonal anime, this was the most confusing looking thing ever, like, an anime about a thick centaur girl going to school just sounded so strange to me I HAD to give it a try.

And uhhh... while I like the Centaur girl's design and all, I must say this did not meet my expectations at all. Was expecting a more serious tone and more focus on the differences of the species or something more along the lines of Demi-chan, this was just another slice of life. Plus the Centaur isn't as thick as the pictures made her look so that disappointed me a bit. Still though, I enjoyed it, got some good quality GAY in there, and I plan to continue watching it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 9, 2017 7:06 PM

May 2017
I'm a big Demi-chan fan; Centaur did not capture my interest at all in that first episode. People who know the source material are saying the story gets a lot more substantial down the road, so I hope this can deliver, given some more time. A hopeful 3/5 from me.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jul 9, 2017 7:13 PM

Aug 2012
That was quite the intro and i'm glad this didnt turn out to be a short.
Jul 9, 2017 7:49 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, I expect a Demi-chan kind of vibe but the first half throw me off with no introduction and as a Slice of Life kind of anime it's okay.

What I don't expect is the second half. No 4 limb human so on normal Human in this world. The anime touch on racism between the "Human" because of their body feature difference and taking jab at real world human racism. There is even a shady people when the teacher talk about this stuff. WTF? I can't think this as a normal Slice of Life anime anymore, there must be something if they show this kind of stuff early on.
Jul 9, 2017 7:51 PM

Jan 2016
What's this? It looks like I'm missing the 1st episode and go straight to episode 2 with that kiss as an introduction etc.. Whatever, I think it's an okay anime I guess. Gonna watch it a little bit more before deciding to continue or drop it.
Jul 9, 2017 8:12 PM
Nov 2016
"The plot will have them do a school play, with the conflict being, that one of the girls discovers she's probably lesbian! Have them run, but oh no, one of the demi-humans is slow! And who the f*ck needs animation, in animation?"

Whoever made this clearly didn't give a damn.

Jul 9, 2017 8:45 PM

Feb 2016
I liked the in medias res opening, and i like that it's thrown people off. Let's have some nonconventional storytelling, even in cgdct.

The first part was fun, if a little bland, but as someone interested in evolution the world exposition that started the second part kind of irked me. Six limbs in a mammal-sized animal is biomechanically inefficient, but then, i don't really expect much in the way of scientific accuracy from a moe fantasy.

What really got me worried was that the story seems to suggest that equality = totalitarianism. At the end of a class where the virtues of equality and cooperation is explained, they end on a nationalistic note by singing the national anthem, with shady officials making sure the teacher says the right things (that she didn't seem entirey comfortable with). There are correctional institutions they send you to if you discriminate, and propaganda about how discrimination would be virtually non-exsistent in a world with four-limbed mammals.

We'll see how this goes, but as a big fan of both Monster Musume and Demi-chan wa Kataritai, so far this is the weakest opening to a monster girl anime.
Jul 9, 2017 8:45 PM

Jun 2017
So far I can see this being mostly a slice of life just with demi-humans. Looking at it in that way; not a bad start. Good introduction to the main characters.

I did find some of the animations to be a little sub-par. However, it is not enough to deter me from enjoying the show.

I hear great things about the manga so hopefully that is also true for the anime in the long run.

Edit: OP was not bad, really enjoyed the ED.
Jul 9, 2017 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
Kinaro said:
This is the most no effort monster girl show ever. Only the main centaur is even 20% monster.

It's just another 'Cute girls doing cute things' show but riding on the popularity monster girl shows have gotten recently

The manga has been running for 7 years. It has more than 12 volumes.
Have you seen the snake girl yet? She's 80% snake.
If you don't know what you are talking about, then please do not speak.

I'm a big fan of the manga, and the adaptation was better than I expected. The animation is Chinese bootleg shit and the music is ok. Voice performances are alright and calm, no annoying voices.

Lovely-looking ED with my angel Manami-chan

I'm glad they included some of the political commentary. I hope it hits anime-only watchers over the head so that they can see that it is no ordinary CGDCT.
CreamieJul 9, 2017 9:36 PM
Jul 9, 2017 9:42 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
animefan8800 said:
Couldn't help but smirk at that comment about discrimination being impossible among four limb humans though. Combined with the overall indoctrination tone of the lecture I wonder if this show may wind up being more than just cute fluff...

That lecture gave me the same kind of feeling that Modern Educayshun did, especially the part about equality being more important than life. I would like to see more of this kind of thing, but it seems like they're going to go for a more light-hearted approach, which makes me wonder why they even bothered with with the lecture at all beyond explaining the evolution.

Anime_Dog said:
What really got me worried was that the story seems to suggest that equality = totalitarianism. At the end of a class where the virtues of equality and cooperation is explained, they end on a nationalistic note by singing the national anthem, with shady officials making sure the teacher says the right things (that she didn't seem entirey comfortable with). There are correctional institutions they send you to if you discriminate, and propaganda about how discrimination would be virtually non-exsistent in a world with four-limbed mammals.

This worries me too, more because it seems like they can't tell whether they want to make the story serious or light. I totally understand where you're coming from, but since it's supposedly an SOL anime, it's hard for me to give any serious consideration to the social commentary. It's kind of like a critical essay of James Joyce's Ulysses presented as an interpretive dance performed by clowns...or something?

Gageorama said:
Just a quick question since youve read the manga. Is Nozomi a guy or a girl. In the sub I watched it said her but I figured Id ask just to check

I was hoping initially for a boy/trap (looks boyish, uses male language, etc), but I think Nozomi is probably a girl with boyish features. I checked the official anime site, but it says only that Nozomi is Hime's friend with a "rough personality". I think that if Nozomi were male, he wouldn't be described as "rough".
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jul 9, 2017 10:48 PM

Jun 2013
With all the bullshit anime out there it saddens me to see this getting shit upon so hard.
Jul 9, 2017 11:01 PM

May 2015
Well that's one way to start a series. Pretty random, but mildly entertaining nonetheless.

I actually think this is a good first episode. I was wondering what was up with all the different anthropomorphic animals walking about, and the episode answered that already with the evolution of "humans" and how they came to be. Very good. And you're not allowed to ride centaurs because of discrimination? That's...actually pretty clever. It looks like it's going to be an episodic series with two different chapters per episode. Sure, I'll take that. It'll cover a lot of info with all the creatures and stuff. I was right in picking this up. I'm sticking with it to the end!

Also, yay! They got the horse walking sounds right! And lol at how Hime sits at a desk.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:51 AM
Jul 9, 2017 11:21 PM

Dec 2015
Dropped at 5/10 which is still pretty high. (I usually would score such boring uneventful shows even lower but it takes a bit time until I get more annoyed and bored and dropping at episode 1 prevents me from hating it more.)

Yeah it was uneventful and boring. I don't hate Slice of Life but it has to show at least some interesting stuff from the daily life not only the most boring and uneventful things.

The history/fantasy setting felt weird and out of place (to make it look a bit more serious during that history lesson when the other parts felt more happy).

Also it is not really fun. I know there are different views on what "humour" is. For me I need at least to be able to grin sometimes. Doesn't mean I need to laugh out loud always.

But those shows usually are a "oh okay ... happy mood" form me. While for others a "happy mood" means humour already this is not enough for me. (At least that itself is not enough for me to watch a show when there are no other things to keep me watching besides it.)

But I have to admit: OP and ED were nice. ED more serious. OP fitting to a "happy" show.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

88 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.