Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2019 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A new OP song and start of the second cour of the show! (I do think this new OP song is good as the first one)

This time though, we got the tournament that is really getting intense between the contestants. It feels almost like a personal rivalry is brewing between certain members. Too bad Suika's mask got smashed. Screw Magma. I'm glad he got the beating he deserved.
Stark700Oct 4, 2019 7:54 AM
Oct 4, 2019 8:02 AM

Sep 2009
Thanks to the opening we now more or less know where it will end>

Oct 4, 2019 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Loved it.

The new OP isn't that bad though I do prefer the first one.

Too bad Kinro lost against Magma. Chrome fought hard and thanks to science, was able to defeat Magma.
Gen Asagiri is back.

I hope Chrome ends up Ruri.

Oct 4, 2019 8:11 AM

Sep 2018
New OP and ED both sound great and the animation looks good...

Ginrou ate so much of those herbs and became invincible,tho only in his mind but that actually helped :D(and later he soiled himself i presume)
Gen's mental tricks and Chrome's science were straight fire!
well that's just my opinion.....
Oct 4, 2019 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
I hope the anime will at least be enjoyable after this stupid arc now
Oct 4, 2019 8:19 AM

Nov 2016
The new opening may not be quite as good as the first one, but it's still a pretty nice one.

True jerk move of Magma and way too obvious:S but they got him good in the end. Nice display of teamwork right there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2019 8:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
New OP&ED, they're meh.
Setting Magma in fire and punching his balls, that was the most violent things in this tournament haha
Oct 4, 2019 8:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay that felt... kinda forced. I mean seriously there are so many things that have to be ideal for that fire trick to work. Not just Chrome holding perfectly still but even Magma shifting position a milimeter would make the light's focus point change and ruin it

That said, I wasn't expecting Chrome to be the one to beat Magma in this tournament so that's a positive at least
Oct 4, 2019 8:47 AM

Jul 2019
EGG CRUSHING FINALE!
https://imgur.com/a/aBRfM6Z
Oct 4, 2019 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
2nd cour OP/ED is good, although it really cannot compare to the 1st cour combi.

The true jerk that is Magma, guess that isn't hard to follow through. The thing is, now Chrome has to shoulder the burden of defeating Magma. Even with Senku as backup, it's gonna be an uphill task.

Ginro's fight was amusing, I'd say, even if he is buffed and beefed up. For that moment.

For Chrome, it's science vs. willpower, but perceived by Senku in the wrong scenario at the wrong time. And Asagiri Gen showed up to redeem his bottle of cola via Chrome's ingenuity to convert a normal concave glasses into convex lenses. That's some ingenuity to count for. Of course, cheap tactics.

Sweat, magic, and blood. The perfect combination to defeat Magma, and a hit in the nuts to finish. Awesome.
Oct 4, 2019 8:48 AM

Sep 2014
That hit in the balls was really satisfying. Cannot stand Magma and this little monkey he has for an underling so this was pretty enjoyable. Gen also took his own revenge that way since he was the main reason that Chrome won. I wonder how this final will go now.
Oct 4, 2019 8:50 AM
Oct 2018
First half was so hard to watch, with Kinro losing, Kohaku getting disqualified, Ginro barely winning, and Chrome getting beat up, which just made the comeback even more satisfying.
"Trash" psychology books prove to be not so trash after all lol.
carl49785Oct 4, 2019 8:53 AM
Oct 4, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2014

Chrome has two extra toes XD

really liking the new op and ed.

tho i'm a little miffed that
didn't show up in the op... :( does that mean we won't get to their part?? :(((

Gen is back! I love his Naruto handsign XD it really is easy fooling the primitive people huh? And their faces, Gen and Senku look more like the villains compared to Magma in this episode lol

Can anyone confirm if Senku's calculation is legit?

komic said:
Thanks to the opening we now more or less know where it will end>

i'm a little skeptical about that especially since two important characters
didn't show up in the op, not to mention the 'squad' didn't show up either. So i'm not sure if we'll get to their part... (sigh)
ttcchenOct 4, 2019 9:03 AM
Oct 4, 2019 8:59 AM

May 2016
I would have read the manga if it was a cliffhanger and glad it didn't.

New OP is cool but miss the old ED.

Science country ftw. 4/5
Oct 4, 2019 9:00 AM
Jul 2015
Nice ending shot for the end of this arc

The new OP/ED are pretty chill so I'd take it

Oct 4, 2019 9:04 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's going to take a while for me to used to the new OP/ED, but other than that it was another good episode.
Oct 4, 2019 9:09 AM
Feb 2018
Way too farfetched. Even for this sort of a series. Feel like the creators (not exactly their fault) didn't have too much to put in the episode and decided to fill it with "thought process" scenes.
Oct 4, 2019 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
Gen is amazing, he really knows what he needs to do. The way he tricked Magma into waiting was mind blowing. Also Chrome really hung in there for Ruri's sake.
Oct 4, 2019 9:17 AM

Oct 2008
That lens started fire was a too big of a stretch for me. If the author wanted a science win so bad he should have come up with something more believable, drugged weapon or some paralyzing gas.
Oct 4, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2017
BEST EPISODE SO FAR! I was actually crying with laughter this episode!

Poor Ginrou is so damn delusional, Gen and Senku are such scum and Magma is such a creeper... such a fantastic episode!

I really love the new OP too... i kinda hated the first one!
Oct 4, 2019 9:24 AM
Oct 2014
New ED tho, smol Senku is so cute, I teared up
Oct 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Mar 2015
Ending episodes on preparation for the tournament to practically end in a single episode feels rushed, but I wouldn't want to be waiting another week either.

Gen deserves his cola, and as expected from Senku to not even need a calculator. Great stuff~

Oct 4, 2019 9:39 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
"He mAdE a CoNcAvE lEnS ouT oF SwEaT aNd TeArs."

This bullshit is the worst bullshit in the history of shounen bullshit. What a bullshit, fuck this bullshit.

bullshit/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 4, 2019 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
The song doesn't stand out to me as anything special, but I like the visuals on the new opening.
Oct 4, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
Magma the scumbag taken down by the Science Kingdom : a great victory for the squad
Oct 4, 2019 9:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Tense episode through and through!

Awesome visuals for the Op and the song is pretty good too so no qualms here from my side. I prefer the old ED over this one, however.

Magma's dirty trick to take down Kinro was tough to watch, I'm surprised Senku didn't see through that little act. Good thing Chrome with his tenacity and Gen's masterful mentalist abilities managed to one up him though, pretty hard to grasp on the Physics of this concave/convex lens in all honesty though I've to say. Managing to perfect the hand balance despite already holding on that position for so long has got to be crazy tough to pull off, moreover.

Anyway, that aside, Ginro's little fight plus his imaginations was hilarious to watch! No wonder his tummy would act up and those noises were .. xD. Kohaku embracing Suika though, boy that sure tugged a few heartstrings.

Ruri-nee is in good hands with the Kingdom of Science, looking forward to enticing revelations now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 4, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2015
Massive OP and ED downgrade, but the episode itself was great as always.
Oct 4, 2019 9:52 AM

Aug 2012
The most unscientific episode. After those hits Magma should not be able to stand up for half an hour let alone fight. He might even die. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVZbEE0nx70
Also even with the water that lens will not work due to the fact water and glass are not the same. If the water would be frozen wold work, in this situation will not work. It is a good episode as a shonen show but as a show that tries to be scientific is not in any way. Really disappointing.

Also an attack during a time out is and always was cause for immediate disqualification thus Magma would have lost anyway by breaking the rules.
HaXXspetten said:
Okay that felt... kinda forced. I mean seriously there are so many things that have to be ideal for that fire trick to work. Not just Chrome holding perfectly still but even Magma shifting position a milimeter would make the light's focus point change and ruin it

That said, I wasn't expecting Chrome to be the one to beat Magma in this tournament so that's a positive at least

I was expecting Chrome to win just not like this. It was dumb though and through. He could have build armor. A thin layer of iron on top of some linen padding would have made him invulnerable.
nightcrawlercypOct 4, 2019 9:58 AM
Oct 4, 2019 9:59 AM
Apr 2013
Holy shit is this piece of crap generic. A f'n computer would've spit out a more interesting episode than this one; this is just working off a checklist, presented by Shonen Jump. Then again, this IS the most overhyped piece of shit from last season, so I don't even know why I'm surprised. Oh wait, I'm not surprised, I'm disappointed. Still waiting for that promise, that we'd get a good show after a slow start, to come true, looking at you, Gigguk.
Well, even if it was mechanical as a 17th century bookpress, at least it's still a shonen, so it is somewhat enjoyable. If nothing else. Because, no, there is nothing else.
Oct 4, 2019 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
Kinrou got played dirty, Magma is one dirty ass fighter, dude got what he deserved being played by Chrome and Mentalist dude. Had a good laugh when he was trying to shojou troupe Ruri and everyone got disgusted by it.
Kohaku was adorable as always and Senkuu sneaky.
Loved the new OP, why was there tons of grave stones? either way can't wait for what's to come.
Oct 4, 2019 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
From the opening, it looks like Taijuu and Tsukasa will be back soon, but I don't want them to ruin what this story has developed into.

Finally we get to see Chrome using his brain.

The illusionist is a fun character. I'm glad he's back.
Oct 4, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
ttcchen said:

I am pretty sure that's his toenail and the underside of his foot, which was slightly visible from that angle. However, it does look like two extra toes. I wonder if my brother would be fooled by this.
Oct 4, 2019 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
the new OP is good i think they gonna end this season with the war arc then

and lol Gen the mentalist or manipulator does it again

Oct 4, 2019 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Kinro got tricked so easily by Magma and got slammed hard on the head as a result. That's such an annoying way for the enemy to win. >.<

But Chrome played like a boss. He might've gotten beaten to a pulp, but he was able to use his brain and science to turn the tide of the battle around by using his tears and the remaining lens of Suika's ruined mask to set Magma on fire, then Chrome proceeded to hit him off the cliff by slamming his balls. XD

Chrome should thank Gen for playing his part in tricking Magma so that Chrome's ambitious plan would work. You'd better get that cola bottle for him now, Senku!

The new OP/ED songs were nice, with the ED being the better of the two by having such a nice and calming beat to the song. Cute animation style for it, too. ^_^
Oct 4, 2019 10:41 AM

Mar 2018
So new op and ed are finally here. Op is certainly better than the first one (not like the first one was any good tho lol) but I'll miss the ed.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 4, 2019 10:45 AM

Apr 2018
Hey you there, bad guy, yeah I'm talking to you. How about you stand still for a few minutes while I talk and explain the power move I'm charging right now that's going to defeat you? Lmfao, that's basically what happened. Discounting the fact that whole magnifying glass gimmick would totally not work in reality.

This tournament arc was so bad. I mean I knew they were going to try and use "science" to win the fight, but I just didn't think it would be that dumb.

Also Kinrou lost in a stupid way, yeah perfectly cool that he got hit from behind while trying to clarify the rules, like that seems legit. Totally counts as legal apparently since these tournament rules are so wishy washy, were not clarified or explained well to being with.

Man this anime is just too silly for how serious the premise of the plot is trying to be. Requires a great deal of mental gymnastics to make it believable. It would be more enjoyable if it wasn't trying to be all scientific and serious with the plot.
Oct 4, 2019 10:46 AM

Jul 2019
The fight I disliked the most tbh. The whole setting Magma on fire trope was just too much of a leap for me.
Ginrou's 1st caffeine induced trip was pretty fun on the other hand.
Oct 4, 2019 11:18 AM
Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A new OP song and start of the second cour of the show! (I do think this new OP song is good as the first one)

This time though, we got the tournament that is really getting intense between the contestants. It feels almost like a personal rivalry is brewing between certain members. Too bad Suika's mask got smashed. Screw Magma. I'm glad he got the beating he deserved.

Visually the new OP is one of the most beautiful ones I've seen, having most of my favorite moments, but the first OP's song a bit better. I still prefer the 2nd, because it gave me more hype, knowing it's gonna adapt more of my favorite parts of the manga. Absolute GOAT!
Oct 4, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2019
I like the new OP and ED.

Just when I thought Kinro was about to win, Magma won instead unexpectedly.

Gen is back this episode, who I find a likeable character.

Chrome also won unexpectedly.

Oct 4, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
As many others have pointed out, Chrome's plan would've never worked in real life, but then again most things you see in this series wouldn't either. The innacuracies on this show are not enough to take away from my enjoyment or to break the immersion, but I understand that this isn't the same for everyone. I'm mostly ok with them exaggerating stuff for the sake of drama because I can see that the show doesn't take itself too seriously, so I shouldn't either. I think this was a smart decision on the part of the author. It allows him to experiment with a bunch of things and show the audience lots of cool science without being too constrained by what's realistically feasible. It's a good compromise. However much I like youtube primitive technology videos, I know that sort of realism wouldn't make for a very engaging shonen plot.

ttcchen said:
Not that this is super important, but the number of toes is correct. From right to left, the "first" toe is just the sole of his feet which should've connected with the big toe but didn't because it was hastily drawn (simple mistake). Then, the line that separates the big toe and the supposed toe after it is actually just his toe nail (you can see it has a curvature to it).
AnotherGuyOct 4, 2019 12:12 PM
Oct 4, 2019 11:57 AM

May 2018
Ohhhh a new OP and it's saying that there will be those from the start who'll be coming back.

Man, that was the most lousiest fight I've ever seen.
Oct 4, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2019
I knew right away what Magma was going to do in the beginning. I hate him even more. I'm glad Gen came back so soon, it was a nice surprise. He was amazing and helped a lot.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 4, 2019 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
I'm so happy for chrome but it looks too good to be true, something is going to happend and he won't get his happy ending ;A; or as honest he is, he will give the victory to senku or ginro at the end.
Oct 4, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2012
AnotherGuy said:
As many others have pointed out, Chrome's plan would've never worked in real life, but then again most things you see in this series wouldn't either. The innacuracies on this show are not enough to take away from my enjoyment or to break the immersion, but I understand that this isn't the same for everyone. I'm mostly ok with them exaggerating stuff for the sake of drama because I can see that the show doesn't take itself too seriously, so I shouldn't either. I think this was a smart decision on the part of the author. It allows him to experiment with a bunch of things and show the audience lots of cool science without being too constrained by what's realistically feasible. It's a good compromise. However much I like youtube primitive technology videos, I know that sort of realism wouldn't make for a very engaging shonen plot.

ttcchen said:
Not that this is super important, but the number of toes is correct. From right to left, the "first" toe is just the sole of his feet which should've connected with the big toe but didn't because it was hastily drawn (simple mistake). Then, the line that separates the big toe and the supposed toe after it is actually just his toe nail (you can see it has a curvature to it).

Most of the things would work, although it seems main guy always take the long route to the solution. And apparently japanese hate garlic... garlic would have simplified the search for a cure all drug.
Oct 4, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
Some people are saying that Chrome's plan wouldn't work, at least for me sounded legit, could someone clarify scientifically? I only know that surface tension is shown correct.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 4, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
And apparently japanese hate garlic... garlic would have simplified the search for a cure all drug.

how garlic would simplify process of making drug???
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 4, 2019 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
Most of the things would work, although it seems main guy always take the long route to the solution.
Yes, I know they would work in theory, the problem is putting them in practise. Many of the things Senkuu does on the show aren't that easy to do even with today's level of technology, in a lab setting and with high purity materials. It's ridiculous to think someone would be able to run the experiments Senkuu does with bronze age levels of tecnology, with ingredients made from scratch and almost no way of verifying purity/concentration. But my point is that it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as the show is fun to watch.
Oct 4, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2019
cchigu said:
"He mAdE a CoNcAvE lEnS ouT oF SwEaT aNd TeArs."

This bullshit is the worst bullshit in the history of shounen bullshit. What a bullshit, fuck this bullshit.

bullshit/5
bruh?! what the fuck XD
Oct 4, 2019 1:53 PM

Oct 2016
i liked the new op and ed to
also i enjoyed this episode so much.. i stressed.. i laughed.. i got anxious..felt happy.. i even calculated .. haha
it"s been a while since i enjoyed an episode this much.. i liked the unexpected outcome of the match.. i thaught i'll be some death match between magma and one of the team members
i still ddon't like asagiri gen that much.. but he's getting more member-ish every time
i'm so happy chrome has a chance to become ruri's husband
Oct 4, 2019 2:03 PM
Jan 2016
Started with a clifhanger before the opening, Kinrou lost to magma because of focusing on rules, damn, it let me really affraid of what would happen!

Ginrou match with that cafeine drink made by Senkuu was really funny moment!

Damn, i am happy that Chrome managed to win against Magma with that awesome teamwork with Senkuu and Asagiri Gen, Chrome was one step ahead of Senkuu's mind, really well done! Chrome now have the chance to marry with Ruri, i hope nothing interfere with that!

The new opening and ending where really good!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

487 by bubba460z »»
May 2, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

236 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

275 by chiwila »»
May 1, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.