Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2019 6:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we got Kohaku now making headlines in this show. I really like Kohkau and her personsality. At the same time, Senku is still getting his inventions and ideas out there with the others. I must say though, their village of people is starting to make the show feel more and more lively.

I must say, this arc is just filled with all sort of content going on now that they got also got Chrome added into the mix.
Stark700Aug 16, 2019 7:35 AM
Aug 16, 2019 7:45 AM

Sep 2018
The best girl Kohaku, has finally apeared!!!!
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Aug 16, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
So there is an actual village in this series. It is nice to see that there is another guy, Chrome, who is interested in science.

Aug 16, 2019 8:03 AM

Sep 2018
Yay,finally the real main cast appears....

Its soo nice to finally hear the voices of the characters that we love :D,Ginrou's voice is just as i imagined it...:D
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 16, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
I really hadn't thought highly of the first six episodes. In fact, I thought the show kind of sucked. But the art work was nice to look at so I stuck with it.

This was the best episode so far. Chrome is a cool character, love him. Hoping the show continues to get better.
Aug 16, 2019 8:32 AM

Sep 2014
So, we got the first bit of civilization coming from other people in this era. I like Chrome. We needed another character who is more into science rather than having more muscleheads or actiony characters around in general. I bet him and Senkuu will make a great duo since they bounce off each other well already.
Aug 16, 2019 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
I enjoyed the other episodes but wow, this arc already stepped up a ton. Can't wait to see where we go from here
Aug 16, 2019 8:40 AM
Mar 2016
Fap_King said:
I really hadn't thought highly of the first six episodes. In fact, I thought the show kind of sucked. But the art work was nice to look at so I stuck with it.

This was the best episode so far. Chrome is a cool character, love him. Hoping the show continues to get better.

This is what the show is actually like and it will continue to be like this from here on out. All manga readers pretty much agree that the prologue (until episode 6 with the exception of Tsukasa meeting Kohaku and everything that follows) is by far the worst arc of the manga.
Aug 16, 2019 8:41 AM
Feb 2018
Kind of inspiring towards the end where senku explains humanity
Aug 16, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2015
TheEnhancedExe said:
Fap_King said:

This is what the show is actually like and it will continue to be like this from here on out. All manga readers pretty much agree that the prologue (until episode 6 with the exception of Tsukasa meeting Kohaku and everything that follows) is by far the worst arc of the manga.

Okay great to hear. Was really disappointed until now considering the hype. Glad I stuck with it.
Aug 16, 2019 8:49 AM
Nov 2017
I haven’t seen the episode yet but I just wanted to know is this really where the series starts getting better because the past couple of episodes while they haven’t been bad , they haven’t been great either and have been kinda boring a lot of the time .
Aug 16, 2019 8:52 AM

Jul 2019
MonkeyDJasper said:
I haven’t seen the episode yet but I just wanted to know is this really where the series starts getting better because the past couple of episodes while they haven’t been bad , they haven’t been great either and have been kinda boring a lot of the time .
this episode right here.
Aug 16, 2019 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
vewy noice episode
Aug 16, 2019 8:58 AM

Mar 2018
I really really like those people
Though it is kinda... Weird to have Chrome not knowing what exactly he does. Like bow he describes everything as sorcery but then again saying stuff like arithmetics like its nothing. Or maybe it got lost in the translation.
But I guess it is hard to describe this kinda situation so all in all its well done.
Chrome somehow reminds me of someone but.. dont know whom

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 16, 2019 9:11 AM

Nov 2014
The bgm when Senku tells Chrome the history of the past has a Harry Potter feel to it
Finally we get to see the rest of the main cast! Ginrou, Kinrou, Ruri, and Chrome's voice actors fit them perfectly. I cannot wait to hear Suika. She looks adorable.

I like all those Chrome's facial expressions. His design too looks pretty cool. If Senku wasn't the protagonist, you'd think Chrome is. His design, backstory, and personality is the perfect protagonist material. It's funny how quickly he and Senku bonded over science/sorcery lol

K1ngOfSloth said:
Though it is kinda... Weird to have Chrome not knowing what exactly he does. Like bow he describes everything as sorcery but then again saying stuff like arithmetics like its nothing. Or maybe it got lost in the translation.

he's saying "math"
ttcchenAug 16, 2019 9:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'll be honest, the first six episodes were in my opinion pretty uninspiring in terms of themes and narrative but this is the first time I've felt like the story might actually become more interesting. There's a lot more that can be done when putting Senku in the midst of a bunch of natives than just the main characters by themselves

I could definitely see this progressing in a somewhat similar way to what Slime did with the gradual advancement of technology and culture for an initially small tribal village as it grows into a town and then a city etc over the years. Kind of like playing a game of Civilization except with a bunch of petrified people spread out across the world. Definitely a much more promising setting than just "saving the world with the science" as Senku had been talking about previously. I can only hope it'll do something good with this

Apr 2009
As someone who has never read the manga, I'm happy to see the show finally picking up! It keeps getting more and more interesting.
Aug 16, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2009
HAHAHAHA omg, Senkuu finally has a little friend to play with! Too precious.
Aug 16, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2017
Blown away by this episode! Best so far and for me this is the point where Dr Stone really gets amazing!

I love every character that's been introduced so far but i really love Kinro (event though he's pure scum haha) & Chrome.

I thought that this episode was a lot more humorous too which is always a bonus. It's so awesome how much science shit this show teaches you too!
Aug 16, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
Yes finally! The fun starts here!
Aug 16, 2019 9:25 AM
Feb 2018
An incredibly interesting episode of Dr.Stone without fillers and flashbacks? Without WTF-ending? With an interesting character added? Am I sleeping or stoned? What's going on? It's not just 5 out 5, it's 10 out 5!
Aug 16, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
So there really was a generation in the stone world before Senku's... or maybe they have amnesia.
Aug 16, 2019 9:35 AM

Nov 2018
oh boi i've been waiting to see chrome! but is it just me or somehow the comedy seems off and kinda funnier in the manga.......??
Aug 16, 2019 9:36 AM
Sep 2015
Now we encounter the same-face same-hair syndrom, Kohaku and Ruri sisters.
Chrome is a nice character.
Also even if I accept that Senku is like movable Wikipedia, I don't think creating antibiotic without knowing Ruri's health condition is a good idea
Aug 16, 2019 9:42 AM
Mar 2016
phantomfandom said:

Also even if I accept that Senku is like movable Wikipedia, I don't think creating antibiotic without knowing Ruri's health condition is a good idea

How is that not a good idea? Even if it doesn't heal Ruri's condition, it's still good to have around in case someone else gets sick.
Aug 16, 2019 9:44 AM

May 2018
So Kohaku is going to be love interest for Senku?
Aug 16, 2019 9:55 AM
Aug 2018
The show's getting even more exciting. :))
Aug 16, 2019 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far. They are finally getting to the good stuff in the manga. For everyone interested, Kohaku is not a love interest of Senku. They are just friends. She is still best girl, a true strong female that saves herself. I needed someone like Kagura from Gintama.

Kinrou and Ginrou look so good in the anime. So does ruri and best boy Chrome. I guess it will be a while before Gen comes in...I love him
Aug 16, 2019 10:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great to see that it's getting more interesting and fun to watch each episode!

Kohaku, so far, seems like a really lively and awesome character! Lol @ some of the hardcore facial expressions this episode though, and aplenty from her side too. Dat little 'lioness' and 'gorilla' moment was hilarious and her interactions with Senku is just the best, lowkey shipping them now! Chrome, on the other hand, is a really big plus too! Didn't think Senku would find such auseful compatriot but it looks like they're totally hitting it off! Science is officially one step forward. Poor guy thought he'd beat Senku in Science (or Sorcery) and was obviously totally thrashed, xD. A lot like Taiju in terms of charisma and straight-forwardness of course but he's got the brains too so looking forward to this new duo! As for the other Characters, it's good to have a lively bunch I suppose. Kinro being 'paid off' scene was cho-very hilarious!

Looks like we've got ourselves a pretty troublesome village though, on the other hand. Kohaku's sister is really caring but apparently under restraints and the "rules" really seem fishy. Didn't expect 40 people though, dang. I wonder how accurate Senku's prediction is.

Another solid episode, highly looking forward to more! Really curious to see how it'll go on here onwards.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 16, 2019 10:28 AM

Mar 2016
I am surprised by how much interesting this episode became just by removing Taiju from it.

Chrome is a fun guy so far. Hope it doesn't change.

Senkuu was not interested in having a romantic partner. I really liked that part. Hope it doesn't change till the end of the story.

Finally someone points out Senkuu's annoying personality!

So far, it looks like both men and women are treated equally in this village, which makes sense in this story's world. Hope it stays consistent with that.
Aug 16, 2019 10:34 AM
Sep 2015
TheEnhancedExe said:
phantomfandom said:

How is that not a good idea? Even if it doesn't heal Ruri's condition, it's still good to have around in case someone else gets sick.

If you use antibiotics when you don't need them, they may not work when you do need them. Antibiotic resistance apocalypse situation can wipe out entire human population much easier (and more realistic) than turning everyone into the stone.
Aug 16, 2019 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
This was a great episode and a nice way to start the new arc as well. =)

Kohaku is one sexy girl, but she and Senku are like two peas in a pod. They get along just fine, but it's when Senku says something that annoys Kahaku and she gives off an angry response, facial expression included, that has me laughing.

Eventually, the two of them, with the big jar of hot springs water in hand, arrive at the village, home to around 40 people, which is quite a lot more than I was expecting it to be. However, outsiders are strictly forbidden to entering the village and if they try, they'll be killed on the spot. I can't blame the village for having that rule, even though it is harsh.

Chrome made his appearance next and the comedy only got better when he foolishly challenged Senku to a duel, to which Chrome lost......BADLY. XD

With a victory under his belt, Senku was able to stay with Chrome at the storage hut just outside the village, where Senku went all fanboy mode as he looked at all of the herbs and minerals that Chrome has collected over the years. He even mentioned Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter when he was talking about Chrome's collection, which made me happy. =3

And that leads to another thing. Senku knows what happened to humanity during the last 3,700 years, but for Chrome, and probably almost the entire village for that matter, doesn't know about the truth at all. Senku told Chrome all about it and he believed him, thankfully, as his teary face showed.

Hopefully they'll get their plan of making an antibiotic in motion, since Kohaku's sister of ill and progressively getting worse each day. With that in mind, I'm looking forward to seeing how this arc will continue in the next episode.
Aug 16, 2019 10:46 AM
Mar 2015
Getting your rocks off for science
Aug 16, 2019 11:06 AM

Jul 2019
I like Senku and Chrome friendship. I hope they will do great things together. :)
Life is a despicable endurance race
Aug 16, 2019 11:06 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah Senku and Chrome the Science Bros! I'm guessing if they do find a way to cure Ruri, they'll rethink the "no-outsiders" rule.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 16, 2019 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
Surprised at how much the show is without Taiju's constant screams.
By far the best ep it has had, Kohaku is BAE! Chrome's a lot more fun than Taiju but I kinda miss Yuzuriha. Also was that a kid in a fcking watermelon head costume!? I can already see good things from that character. Either mascot/total badass or the cute little char in the series.
Aug 16, 2019 11:11 AM

Jan 2018
I'm glad to see all this love for best boy Chrome
What a beautiful Duwang
Aug 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Jan 2018
I can't wait to see that little pumpkin
Aug 16, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
The further female character is introduced the further reminds me of a hentai.
Aug 16, 2019 11:41 AM
Jan 2019
I loved this episode 😁. It was very fun and amazing. Senku, without a doubt, is one of my favorite characters of the season, and I feel that Chrome (like the browser, lol), will be too. Those two have been very fast, they will be great companions. There is still hope for civilization. It will be fun to see how Senku tries to convince the village to enter it, hahaha 😂. I love this anime 👌.
Aug 16, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2019
Good god, the casting is spot on! The character interaction and the humor also carries the charm of the Manga. Finally, I am relieved. This is gonna be good.
Aug 16, 2019 11:55 AM

Dec 2013
We all know gorilla girl is the best

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 16, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2016
This new arc seems quite promising so far. Definitely way better than the previous six episodes. I wonder if it had something to do with the removal of Taiju, Yuzuriha and Tsukasa from the equation...

Anyways, it was a pretty enjoyable episode overall. Kohaku and the rest of the characters introduced seems to be likeable enough and the chemistry they all share is quite amusing to watch as well.

The comedy in general was also great, by the way. Couldn't get enough of Chrome's reactions and the way how Senkuu impressed those two guys with simple soap bubbles xD
Aug 16, 2019 12:13 PM
Nov 2018
phantomfandom said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

If you use antibiotics when you don't need them, they may not work when you do need them. Antibiotic resistance apocalypse situation can wipe out entire human population much easier (and more realistic) than turning everyone into the stone.

Not an issue. Resistance becomes a problem when antibiotics used by huge number of people. Eventually mutation of pathogen happens and new antibiotic is necessary. One person contributes practically nothing. These people have no reason to fear "antibiotic resistance apocalypse".

Senki is unlikely to be able to diagnose specific illness and create antibiotic specifically for it but penicillin is effective against many bacterial infections and it is plausible that he knows how to make it.
Aug 16, 2019 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
oh shit Ruri finally appears she is beautiful in this one

they gonna make an antibiotic to save her

fistyoursoul said:
The further female character is introduced the further reminds me of a hentai.

the manga artist or the character designer is a hentai artist anyway they say
Aug 16, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2018
Well then it looks like Senku has met someone who speaks English and yes it's Chrome........or at least that what Tony Starks said when he met Bruce Banner in "The Avengers."

Ok, Senku said that there were no sign that Kaohaku's people even decedent from people who got out of petrification, so therefore we can assume that Kohaku's people were the lucky ones who never got petrified.

Do you that most bread molds were actually antibiotic , cu'z there was one incident when the Egyptians did used molded bead to cure disease and there was a certain saint who did used molded bead to treat Leprosy.

Welp, no Kohaku panty flash around here, cu's ladies underwear, were yet to be rediscover.
Aug 16, 2019 1:00 PM

Sep 2018
kater_tot said:
Blown away by this episode! Best so far and for me this is the point where Dr Stone really gets amazing!

I love every character that's been introduced so far but i really love Kinro (event though he's pure scum haha) & Chrome.

I thought that this episode was a lot more humorous too which is always a bonus. It's so awesome how much science shit this show teaches you too!

You mean Ginro (the blonde one) his scum level is in a league of his own....
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 16, 2019 1:07 PM
Nov 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok, Senku said that there were no sign that Kaohaku's people even decedent from people who got out of petrification, so therefore we can assume that Kohaku's people were the lucky ones who never got petrified.

He says "this is a settlement of revived people". Small group of people is unlikely to survive for 3700 years, it would either grow or vanish. Guard says "there are no people outside" and there are no traces of declining population.

Senku is not the first to be revived by chance. Average person has much less know-how then Senku, naturally village doesn't have much technology.
Aug 16, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Interested to see what this new cast of characters gets up to. Is it just me or does Ruri seem a bit... strange?
Aug 16, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2017
Good episode. Chrome seems like a cool guy.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.