Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 13, 2019 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, it's the ruler of the Tokyo Empire. You know shit got real when its supreme leader shows its face.

Special squad Giovanni also shows up. Man, he has the strangest personality in this anime compared to anyone else I've seen. Personally, I think this episode is important for showcasing how influential some of these characters are. Lol, the naked apron joke though
Sep 13, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
This is the kind of ep I needed from this series, them taking the time to show the bonds that should have been done before entering into major arcs, well better late than never.

The start was pretty funny, like I said, showing them bond and how they interact with each other casually and not jumping from one major reveal every 3 mints.

Finally found one thing me and Shinra share, we simultaneously clicked our tongue when Arthur who was close to death suddenly got revived, that being said it was heartwarming when he kept giving his food to Shinra, a man sharing his food is a big deal! Especially from someone who was close to death just a few secs ago and got revived from hearing food is ready.

Tamaki's fitting in quite well with them, that naked apron filled me up.

Lot of info dumps too, adolla burst and Shinra's brother showing up (that was him at the end right?)

Overall, nice episode, please keep the pace and build up eps like this.
Sep 13, 2019 10:42 AM
Aug 2019
-Stray said:
This is the kind of ep I needed from this series, them taking the time to show the bonds that should have been done before entering into major arcs, well better late than never.

The start was pretty funny, like I said, showing them bond and how they interact with each other casually and not jumping from one major reveal every 3 mints.

Finally found one thing me and Shinra share, we simultaneously clicked our tongue when Arthur who was close to death suddenly got revived, that being said it was heartwarming when he kept giving his food to Shinra, a man sharing his food is a big deal! Especially from someone who was close to death just a few secs ago and got revived from hearing food is ready.

Lot of info dumps too, adolla burst and Shinra's brother showing up (that was him at the end right?)

I am waiting for a proper sub or the dub i saw it but it's just in japanese version so it's hard to understand unless you know the language.

Sep 13, 2019 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
The captains of each squad showed up in this episode, so did the emperor of Tokyo Empire.
Arthur is back lol.

So Shinra's flame is special pure flames called Adolla Burst.

Joker showed up and revealed info about Shinra's brother.

Need more Tamaki fanservice.

Loved the bond between the members.

Sep 13, 2019 11:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a captain's conference huh. If anything Princess Hibana would like nothing more than have Shinra transfer to her station. Still her tsun attitude as well as her ability to bond so easily with the others was amusing. Given the fact that Tamaki and Shinra were in the middle of that incident makes sense that they will be summoned. A power station's a odd place to have that meeting though. Hmm the captains sure are quite the contrast in appearance. Still the meeting as well as the subsequent revelation proved most useful in expanding the lore. The calm talk between Shinra and Takehisa sure was nice as it allowed us to see a kinder side to him. While no doubt hard it was the right move to tell the team the truth about his brother. Seeing the team take it in stride and agree to help sure did well in showing how far their bonds have come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
ok so the 7th commander is the actual strongest person eh i thought it was the 1st commander Captain Burns guess i was wrong there

and lol pure flames are the Adolla Burst and i wonder why they cannot scientifically confirm it when it seems like the fire that is produce by Stars like the Sun anyway that does not need oxygen to fire up so its more pure that way

that kid in the end is surely the brother Sho of Shinra because they have the same smile and he is an enemy eh

Sep 13, 2019 11:48 AM
May 2019
Gourmetforce said:
-Stray said:

I am waiting for a proper sub or the dub i saw it but it's just in japanese version so it's hard to understand unless you know the language.

u dont need to understand the lenguage, i see u r new to anime, after a few anime u will get use to it
Sep 13, 2019 12:27 PM

Sep 2014
Probably one of my favourite episodes. I really wanted to watch an episode focusing on the team's bonds. I didn't even get that in the previous episodes. Joker wasn't lying there. It seems that Shinra's brother is indeed part of the opposing cult.
Sep 13, 2019 12:28 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode this time around!

About time the Emperor makes a summoning so you know things have sure livened up quite a fair bit now. We finally get a sneak peak into the Captains of the other Squads. Cool to see the 7th Capt. in particular, he really gave off Levi vibes here with his Opness and “I give no sh!ts” attitude.

Joker returns and spills an important info once again. I wonder if he belongs to like a third party and is simply using Shinra (and thus the Fire Force) to silence the Evangelist or something of this sort, this is my pick as of now anyway. And hey, we got a shot of Shinra’s brother too, we’re definitely in the buildup phase to the eventual showdown I reckon.

Cool to see the Lieutenant consoling Shinra in his own unconventional manner and some solid bonding between the Squad as a whole, especially appreciated the bit where Arthur was giving him those chicken slices.

Tamaki’s apron little ‘lucky’ fanservice there sure got me ‘LOL’ though, I must say. Totally didn’t see it coming there. Lol @ the previous un-lucky moment at the start too. Good to see a little variety on that xD and seeing her mingle into the group just fine. Hibana’s lunch bit there at the start was fairly funny too.

Some of the transitions between certain scenes didn’t exactly sit right with me however but it was a pretty good nevertheless all things considered.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 13, 2019 12:36 PM

Jul 2007
what the fuck happened to the animation in this episode?
Sep 13, 2019 1:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice to see the 8th bonding a bit more and becoming more cohesive as a unit.

heg said:
ok so the 7th commander is the actual strongest person...

I desperately need to see him in action now, he he.

pyongshin said:
what the fuck happened to the animation in this episode?

Not that unusual for animation quality to fluctuate between episodes in a long series like this one. Few studios deliver TV series with consistent animation quality at a high level
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2019
This episode didn't show up on vrv.co and I'm sad

ok i got to watch it it was nice
EndustSep 15, 2019 8:33 PM

Sep 13, 2019 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
The character chemistry, the world building, the infos and the plot development, I eat it all up.

And damn, they seriously hyped me for the Captain of the 7th.

Just needs more
Leo said:
Maki fanservice

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2019 2:51 PM

Dec 2018
if the writer does not put a scene of fanservice is sure dies, and then the people complain in excess of the fanservice of no game no life where at least here was funny. Instead here they only put shower scenes all the time without a point just makes me think that the girls are very dirty
Sep 13, 2019 3:42 PM
Aug 2017
"She's a bit of an exception to the laws of physics" that is all.
Sep 13, 2019 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
It’s an okay episode, but not very much of value considering how dismal the series has been for me, but the overall premises is still extremely interesting and continues to tease my curiosity.

Feels rather too laid-back, to where my attention kinda lulled a few times or so.
Sep 13, 2019 4:20 PM

Dec 2016
Emperor of Tokyo Empire? I was hoping for a Pope.
Now there is a question is he a joke like Augustus from Black Clover or Badass like Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto from Bleach?
I hope he is a second because we need justice for Old badasses with fire powers, because Yamamoto unfortunately didn't give enough justice.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 13, 2019 5:07 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Shinra has god tier flame inside him. Definitely fits the shonen protag role. But I love the family feel of 8. It’s what makes me love Fairy Tail & Black Clover. Also some great exposition along with all the captains
Sep 13, 2019 5:41 PM
Aug 2019
so is no one going to talk about how Sho is an 11 year old evil fire cult commander? I hope we get to find out more of his story later on.

loved the world building this episode even though the transitions were a tad bit jenky
Sep 13, 2019 6:09 PM

Feb 2017
that tamaki apron scene was so stupi hmmm the scene with sho actually piqued my interest. seems like it'll be shinra vs his brother in the later episodes which should be amusing

placeholder text
Sep 13, 2019 6:25 PM

Dec 2014
FMmatron said:
The character chemistry, the world building, the infos and the plot development, I eat it all up.

And damn, they seriously hyped me for the Captain of the 7th.

Just needs more
Leo said:
Maki fanservice

+1 to this, my thoughts exactly.
Sep 13, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2015
Honestly, considering how insanely generic this is, the only thing I can enjoy is the stupid and unrepentant out of place ecchi.

Hero seeking male lead, who is gifted with some great power, is now the target of a secret organization who had kidnapped his now evil and obviously stronger younger brother? Are you kidding me? The Japanized hero's story is not as a good a template as the traditional hero's story.
Sep 13, 2019 7:04 PM
Feb 2016
That naked apron from Tamaki was something I didn't know I needed lol.

Also apparently Joker has airpods. Nice haha
Sep 13, 2019 7:23 PM
Jun 2017
ohh yeah, the commander of the evangelist made a cameo... and its real Shinra's bro is still alive. well lets see what they will do with this white clad.
Sep 13, 2019 7:31 PM

Dec 2015
Someone want to explain what the whole thing with Benimaru Shinmon being pointed out as a proto-nationalist? In this fictional world what is that supposed to mean? And why was it pointed it out when he corrected his name?
Sep 13, 2019 7:44 PM

Jan 2018
Joker showing mad clout with those airpods
whats a signature
Sep 13, 2019 8:37 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Jesse200000000 said:
"She's a bit of an exception to the laws of physics" that is all.

Finally got an explanation why Tamaki gives fanservices in the most unlogical way

Can we see Shinra vs Sho in this season ? That will be a dramatic battle
Sep 13, 2019 8:40 PM

Jul 2019
are they not gonna explain where arthur went off to? also shinra says that he told told his peers about the joker because he thought it's be okay... foreshadowing a betrayal?
Sep 13, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2018
Yeah.. I don't like the 7th
Though I'm interested in them most of all the units.. I don't like the boss' behavior or such characters in general

Big mystery to me how Joker comes and goes basically wherever he wants

I really liked the beginning! These first minutes were so precious xd good to see them interacting.
In the end too.

This short monologue of Shinra when he told them about Sho pretty much raised some flag and I'm not thrilled by that

In the final scene we saw Sho I guess.
He should be some lil brat so I'm guessing that he will be a character with no reasoning
And that Sho will end up as the enemy was pretty obvious too.. Had that conversation with someone in another episodes discussion already lol

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 13, 2019 9:22 PM

Feb 2017
This was a nice buildup episode. It's nice seeing all of the captains now.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Sep 13, 2019 9:28 PM

Oct 2015
How can someone goes to the kitchen and comes back with nothing but an apron on??? Damn that was one of the most worthless fanservice I've ever seen, it made me not to take this series seriously. Even the Evangelist saga kinda got blown cold!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 13, 2019 9:39 PM
Jan 2016
The reunion between emperor and captains was interesting, 7th companie captain was the most i got interest to know more about him!

Joker as appeared and told something about evangelist to Shinra, and it looks Shinra's brother is still alive and is commanding evangelist, damn didn't see that coming!

Tamaki with apron was really unexpected, but she was hot!

Was nice to see 8th companies bonds, their are truly a good family!
Sep 13, 2019 11:17 PM
Mar 2016
Who's voicing Giovanni? His voice sounds really familiar to me
Sep 13, 2019 11:48 PM
Oct 2007
This series is once again slowly slipping away for me. Sho looking good at the end of the episode though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 12:32 AM

Aug 2018
Wow, Sho is appeared. I hope Sho vs Shinra will good.
Sep 14, 2019 12:41 AM

Apr 2015
So a pretty laid-back but great episode. That meeting was interesting to meet all the captains.

More information on Shinra's brother Sho, who's alive and working for the Evangelist? That could be an interesting fight in the future.

The Tamaki apron scene, that was just too funny.

Overall great episode, with some nice bonding between the members of the 8th. Especially Hinawa, he always seemed like the "strict" guy to me and now has shown a little softer side of himself.
Sep 14, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
Hylianticipated said:
Someone want to explain what the whole thing with Benimaru Shinmon being pointed out as a proto-nationalist? In this fictional world what is that supposed to mean? And why was it pointed it out when he corrected his name?

In (our) Japan, names are generally said in the order "Family Name" "First Name", it's just how they pronunce them and have done it for centuries. After they opened to the rest of the world, they started to adopt many western words, traditions and also naming order, but they kept their mostly for tradition.
You see it all the time in anime: japanese people usually call each other by the "Family Name""First Name" order.
In modern Japanese society iirc there is no obligation to use one or the other, so people choose in what way they call others, even tho the classical way is used most of the times.
For ancient names from before 1800 or around that, like with Oda Nobunaga, it is used the "Family Name" "First Name" order even by western people, that's the convention.
All of this naming rules also include the "respect rules" that Japanese people have, such as using honorifics and considering rude to call someone by their first name without any honorific, unless they're really close to you.

Now, back to Fire Force...

basically, we know that the world is a mess and that what was left of Japan (the now Tokyo Empire) took in a lot of refugees from many other countries around the world. This is why you see many people that are not typically japanese (like Arthur, for example), and this reflect on the naming too.
Basically, in the show they always use western-style naming, saying like Shinra Kusakabe instead of Kusakabe Shinra, Akitarou Obi instead of Obi Akitarou etc, and they also call each other mostly by their first name with not mani honorifics involved.

Benimaru insists on using anciend naming on everyone and expects people to do the same with him. That's why people notice it and point that out.

TL;DR it's tied to japanese culture and how it evolved and changed due to many sociological factors in the world of Fire Force. Benimaru doesn't accept it and is therefore a more "japanese language/tradition purist", so to speak
Sep 14, 2019 2:46 AM

Feb 2019
Is it me or was the direction and animation really choppy at some points? Particularly Joker and Shinra’s convo and Shinra and Hinawa in the kitchen. Also ayyy we finally see sho and best boy benimaru the first time, can’t wait to see the later shit animated
Sep 14, 2019 2:54 AM
Apr 2016
LeloTheUnamused said:
Hylianticipated said:

In (our) Japan, names are generally said in the order "Family Name" "First Name", it's just how they pronunce them and have done it for centuries. After they opened to the rest of the world, they started to adopt many western words, traditions and also naming order, but they kept their mostly for tradition.
You see it all the time in anime: japanese people usually call each other by the "Family Name""First Name" order.
In modern Japanese society iirc there is no obligation to use one or the other, so people choose in what way they call others, even tho the classical way is used most of the times.
For ancient names from before 1800 or around that, like with Oda Nobunaga, it is used the "Family Name" "First Name" order even by western people, that's the convention.
All of this naming rules also include the "respect rules" that Japanese people have, such as using honorifics and considering rude to call someone by their first name without any honorific, unless they're really close to you.

basically, we know that the world is a mess and that what was left of Japan (the now Tokyo Empire) took in a lot of refugees from many other countries around the world. This is why you see many people that are not typically japanese (like Arthur, for example), and this reflect on the naming too.
Basically, in the show they always use western-style naming, saying like Shinra Kusakabe instead of Kusakabe Shinra, Akitarou Obi instead of Obi Akitarou etc, and they also call each other mostly by their first name with not mani honorifics involved.

Benimaru insists on using anciend naming on everyone and expects people to do the same with him. That's why people notice it and point that out.

TL;DR it's tied to japanese culture and how it evolved and changed due to many sociological factors in the world of Fire Force. Benimaru doesn't accept it and is therefore a more "japanese language/tradition purist", so to speak

I don't know if this wreck can be considered this profound, but it might also be a hint to Benimaru not liking the crap world of flame worshiping, as opposed to everyone else who got used to it. He wants to return to the nation as it was before some disaster and something tells me his brigade is better off morally than the rest of them.
Ryuseishun said:
It’s an okay episode, but not very much of value considering how dismal the series has been for me, but the overall premises is still extremely interesting and continues to tease my curiosity.

Feels rather too laid-back, to where my attention kinda lulled a few times or so.

I can say the same. The author managed to come up with an interesting narrative, but for some reason (either unable or unwilling) he refuses to keep it serious and quality, often diluting it with nonsense that I doubt anyone (except for brain damaged mentals who like drawn girls) enjoys.
Daniel_NaumovSep 14, 2019 3:10 AM
Re:formed
Sep 14, 2019 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
Princess is indeed best girl
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 14, 2019 3:45 AM
Aug 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

I don't know if this wreck can be considered this profound, but it might also be a hint to Benimaru not liking the crap world of flame worshiping, as opposed to everyone else who got used to it. He wants to return to the nation as it was before some disaster and something tells me his brigade is better off morally than the rest of them.
Ryuseishun said:

I can say the same. The author managed to come up with an interesting narrative, but for some reason (either unable or unwilling) he refuses to keep it serious and quality, often diluting it with nonsense that I doubt anyone (except for brain damaged mentals who like drawn girls) enjoys.

it is supposed to be a story for teenagers or young audience is not supposed to be for guys that are 30 or 40 or even 50 years old even though we too like to read stuff, for example, i am 33 years old and read /watch some anime whenever i have free time.
Sep 14, 2019 4:45 AM

Nov 2013
Ok, so no explanation as to what happened to Arthur at the end of the previous episode?
Sep 14, 2019 5:28 AM

Aug 2019
A nice relaxing episode.

Nice Tamaki fanservice.

Sep 14, 2019 6:04 AM

Dec 2013
The interactions within the 8th a lot of fun.

Sho really is part of the Evangelists! Too bad we probably won't get a reunion unless we get a second season.
Sep 14, 2019 6:07 AM

Apr 2015
Well this is a twist, Shinra's brother is alive and he looks kinda cool ngl
Sep 14, 2019 6:13 AM

Aug 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:

I read the manga so I will avoid spoilers on regard of Benimaru.
I'll just say that his brigade, where and how they live are cool.

Naerys said:
Ok, so no explanation as to what happened to Arthur at the end of the previous episode?

He got lost worse than Zoro. It was a joke.
He also tends to scoff like he owns the place even when he does stupid shit like that.

I've noticed that DavidPro tends to frame the Arthur jokes in a "different" way tho, so they're not always so easy to grasp like in the manga, where a bit more context is given by those around him.
Sep 14, 2019 8:06 AM

Mar 2017
Well, i guess Joker wasn't lying then! Shinra's brother looks exactly like him but just with white hair instead of black.

I love the familial feel of the 8th Division and also how obsessed Hibana is with Shinra now... never thought she was the kind of woman to make someone a bento haha

I have to say though the fan service is really starting to grate on me... Tamaki's soul purpose seems to be fan service and it really takes away from the plot and how awesome she could be as a character
Sep 14, 2019 8:48 AM

Nov 2017
What's with this anime's obsession with a still shot of a character(s) who does nothing? It happened in every episode, and in this one more than in any other. The cuts are sloppy all around, the comedy is terribly misstimed more often than not and the fan service is seriously getting out of hand with the most random scenarios.
Sep 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2019
Joker be flexing them airpods

The shots during the conversation of Shinra and Joker was really incredible, and the art is just as good as ever. Arthur sharing his food was really cute.
I hope this anime just keeps on improving.
Sep 14, 2019 10:20 AM

Aug 2018
When this anime started, i got very hyped about it, but now i don't see it being
anything special anymore, i still think its good just not as good as i thought before. Thank fuck i don't have to choose, but if had, i would rather watch kimetsu no yaiba.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

198 by Jamk_ »»
May 10, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

121 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 2:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.