Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing these guys prepare and run for their very best at this stage really is inspiring now.

With just two more episodes left, I predict there may be something bigger that may come. And lol, those two twins really bring out more humor in this show just like always. It kinda feels like destiny is connecting everyone together in this story.
Stark700Mar 12, 2019 10:07 AM
Mar 12, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
More running, in the snow.

Megane guy as first runner. Sometimes thinking about main guy's world, and his family came to watch him run.

Long hair guy's past. Not suitable for long running, but likes running. lol @ the nickname by the teacher: Nicotine.

That red hair guy again, so he has his strong feelings for wanting to run, and speaking in salty way to them, who seemed not serious.

Main guy meeting Hino-san's character this time.

That red hair guy's serious about surpassing everyone, and the main team has trouble running past him.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2019 12:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This episode seals it. This is a masterpiece show.

Yuki's probably my favourite character in this show. He's so caring of everyone and ran incredible down the hill. He secretly admires Kakeru and his way of running, i never knew but it's so satisfying to see that he found something he likes.

Then the family cheered him on at the road. Fucking hell, that let the waterworks free.

I love Yuki, about to put him in my favourite characters list.
Mar 12, 2019 12:21 PM
Jan 2015
This anime is just amazing
My Queens

Mar 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
That moment when, to Yuki's surprise his mom called his name on the side of the road. "yukihirooooooo!"
Woaaaaah ! It was as emotional as seeing Shindo's family last week.

and yes Nico, me too : "I love running".

I hope and bet red-hair shit boy (I don't want to remember his name) will collapse toward the end of his leg. Too young, too fast, too stupid. King should focus on keeping the same pace : stay strong! It will pay in the end.
Mar 12, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2017
Don't know why but damn these last few eps have been very emotional more so than some dramas
Mar 12, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2017
Another amazing episode, and damn, Yuki is a beast. He got his feet bloody.
I feel like a broken record but this show is seriously amazing. It's so inspiring watching them run.
Mar 12, 2019 1:10 PM

Aug 2014
Yuki's part was amazing.
I want the last 2 episodes to be out now
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 12, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2017
Short_Circut said:
Don't know why but damn these last few eps have been very emotional more so than some dramas

Yh me too i can relate damn this anime is amazing
Mar 12, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2012
Finally! Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru went up to 8.03!

I really love how their thoughts and flashbacks are presented in each section while they are running. It's very sentimental and meaningful that I don't care anymore if they will not win. I think it's not the destination but the journey that counts!

Can't wait to see Kakeru vs Fujioka in their section!!!!!
rebelakumaMar 12, 2019 9:51 PM
Mar 12, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
The end is near, but I'm loving it.

Yuki's section was great. For a moment he was running so fast that he got a glimpse of Kakeru's image and world, almost being swept along by it, but he was able to maintain his focus, being only two seconds short of winning his section! I wish we had more insight about his family situation too, but it seems he resented his mother for starting again. Which is really unfair, but even so she was there to root for him, together with his sister and his stepfather. It was beautiful, I can see him getting closer to his family now.

Hirata's section was another joy. It was poignant, but it was also filled with gratitude and love. He had a passion which burned, but was doused by his coach. "It wasn't his fault" I guess, but his meeting with Haiji and the others allowed him to run one more time to his heart's content. To the point that I got happy for him. And the episode title was precisely about these two saying goodbye to this beautiful world after giving everything they had to it. Poignant, but realistic and moving.

And it took long enough, but Sakaki showed up to be insufferable again. This may be awful to say, but I find myself hoping that this race would teach him a lesson, he has an attitude problem. Go King!
Mar 12, 2019 2:17 PM

Nov 2016
Yuki running with the snow.

And wow, this show keeps going strong. Every single running segment was beautifully composed so far. I truly treasure these character focussed moments and they're without a doubt a fantastic way to conclude the respective journey of each team member.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2017
Such a great episode! It was nice to see more of Yuki's past because i feel like we haven't seen enough of him and he seems like a deep character. So much respect for Nico; he had to completely change his lifestyle to run this race and he did it!

I could watch this anime forever so i'm absolutely gutted that there's only two more episodes... but it has made me wanna watch Haikyuu! Is Haikyuu any good though?
Mar 12, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2016
The flashbacks this episode were great.
Yuki ran like a beast, but his poor feet, that was a lot of blood.
Nico let his passion for running be killed, at least he got it back.
Looks like it's King vs redhead fool next episode, I would love to see him beat him, but I'm worried he'll push himself too hard trying.
Looks like Kakeru will face his rival too, Haiji will be saved for the final episode, will he be able to get them a seeded place? Let's hope.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 12, 2019 3:34 PM

Feb 2007
If there's one thing this episode showed, it's that this series is not about winning or losing, or even strictly about running - it's about coming to terms with your life, including your past mistakes, and moving on stronger for it.
Mar 12, 2019 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
Why they have race in winter smh.

Red-hair guy team is actually pretty bad if they were behind Kansei
Mar 12, 2019 5:01 PM

Apr 2009
Man, assuming the last two episodes keep this quality this could easily end up as one of the best sport anime ever.

It's a shame about the rocky first episodes that I assume made a lot of people drop it.

Mar 12, 2019 5:36 PM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode again, they just keep delivering.

Yuki's run down the hill was amazing, I love how they presented his thoughts as he ran down. Him admiring Kakeru, finding out that he loved running and coming so close to beating the record. He even got his feet bloody. :(
All that said, the absolute best moment of his run and in fact the episode was his family cheering for him as he ran, I started tearing up almost instantly. That was just so beautiful. T.T

Nico-chan senpai did his best too and I'm glad he managed to reaffirm is love for running even though he couldn't cut it in the past.

Can't wait for next week, it's gonna be another incredible episode.
Mar 12, 2019 5:54 PM

May 2017
I absolutely loved this episode. I almost shed a tear when Yuki's family cheered for him as he ran. The imagery and music this episode had me seriously immersed.
Mar 12, 2019 6:03 PM

Oct 2015
Short_Circut said:
This anime is a drama.
Mar 12, 2019 8:42 PM

Sep 2017
I love this. These past episodes allowing us to get inside the heads of the other members has been so great. Yuki's section was the highlight for me this episode. I never woulda thought he admired Kakeru's running like that. The way they did that whole part was really cool. Then his family shows up to really get the feels going. Awesome stuff.

We are probably getting baited with the ending of King freaking out or whatever. I'm not buying it.
Mar 12, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2017
Yep, more development.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 12, 2019 9:44 PM

Mar 2019
kater_tot said:
Such a great episode! It was nice to see more of Yuki's past because i feel like we haven't seen enough of him and he seems like a deep character. So much respect for Nico; he had to completely change his lifestyle to run this race and he did it!

I could watch this anime forever so i'm absolutely gutted that there's only two more episodes... but it has made me wanna watch Haikyuu! Is Haikyuu any good though?
Ye, Haikyuu is really good, but it's somewhat of a school setting, so you should be into that. Same studio, so go ahead and give it a go (Also the fact that Prince mentions Hinata as a manga character makes it a must lol)
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Mar 12, 2019 10:45 PM

Jul 2016
Another nice episode.

It's so pleasant to see each runner having their own special moment to portray their thoughts and motivations of why they are running and Yuki wasn't the exception, such an emotive section. However, I wish we would have received more insight about his family situation since the reason of the distance between him and them was a bit unclear.

On the other hand, Nico's section was a very motivational one if I'm honest. It was nice to know more about his past as an athlete and why he left it. He truly loves running and seeing him giving his all after all the sacrifices and difficulties he had to surpass really gives me lots of joy.

And finally, King... honestly, I don't care much for him as a character but I'm curious about how his section will be.

All in all, it was another enjoyable episode. Can't wait to see Kakeru and especially Haiji's section.
Mar 13, 2019 12:27 AM

Feb 2008
kater_tot said:

Likewise! I could watch this forever! Pretty upset it's ending in 2 weeks and that it's underrated. Never would I expect to find an anime I could add to my favorites in years.

IMO Haikyuu is nothing compared to Kazetsuyo. Mostly cause of the detestable characters and the appalling comedy. Though I enjoyed Season 3.

Anyway, you could always try Haikyuu. Most people gave it a positive review so I assume you would too.

RUNNING returned to me in an even more beautiful form.
Can one man be so blessed?
Mar 13, 2019 2:32 AM

Mar 2016
Yuki got his family's support! Can't believe he bled by running. Didn't know it could happen.

The flashback Haiji was so cute and vulnerable-looking. No one would guess he'd grow up to be such a manipulator.

Quite worried about Haiji's leg. I don't want him to say goodbye to running like everyone seems to be doing.

Sakaki surprised me this episode by looking like a beautiful princess with those long wrist bands.

There are two people taking about breaking the record. Really wanna know how it will end.
Mar 13, 2019 2:43 AM

Oct 2008
Another perfect episode!
sometimes, not everything is all about winning, you also need to have fun even if you cannot win! Haiji is definitely correct!
Anyway, so this episode is the section for Yukihiro and Akihiro!
These two did successfully run well! Yuki was performed beyond expectations since it's downhill and Aki performed great as well because he was not struggling catching-up to the blue runner opponent! in fact he overtake him on the relay to Youhei!
Big Final ShowDown will be happening for Kakeru vs Kazuma!
5/5.

Mar 13, 2019 5:23 AM

Oct 2015
Only 2 more episodes to go...

I never expected this anime to be able to build up to all this. It's really nice having about half an episode dedicated to each team member's section in the race. They just spend some time thinking over things themselves, about their past and the time they spent with the team. One thing I just realised is that the producers spent time into developing and maintaining each character's running form (their arm movements and body posture).

Next episode will be interesting. The title's "Embrace Your Loneliness" which could either refer to Fujioka who was the focus for the preview, or Kakeru, since Yuki mentioned that he is heading towards a lonely place.

I think we will get a lot of focus on Haiji in these last two episodes, not just because of his leg but also his self-discovery journey. His role in the series for the most part is a mentor, he's there to help the Kansei team run, to push them to their limits. We see the people around him change, but although is an important character, we never got to see him as the main focus of development. He's always there to push others, but who will push him when the time comes for it? When Haiji runs either at the end of next episode or the one after, he will have to be the one pushing himself, and we'll get to see what running is to him.
Mar 13, 2019 5:40 AM

Apr 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Yuki got his family's support! Can't believe he bled by running. Didn't know it could happen.

In a normal setting it shouldn't happen, running faster when you're trained doesn't make you bleed, but the way I understood it, in the novel Yuki already had wounds and it's just they opened again but it hadn't been explained in the anime. It's a bit the same about the exact family situation of Yuki. You have to guess.
Mar 13, 2019 8:07 AM

Dec 2016
Man these upcoming last two episodes are gonna be a ride
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 13, 2019 8:59 AM

Mar 2017
SceptileBlade said:
kater_tot said:

Ye, Haikyuu is really good, but it's somewhat of a school setting, so you should be into that. Same studio, so go ahead and give it a go (Also the fact that Prince mentions Hinata as a manga character makes it a must lol)

I knew it was the same studio but i just never really had Haikyuu on my radar. After watching Kaze ga Tsuyoku fuiteiru though, i definitely wanna give it a try!
Mar 13, 2019 9:00 AM

Mar 2017
Sakuha said:
kater_tot said:

Likewise! I could watch this forever! Pretty upset it's ending in 2 weeks and that it's underrated. Never would I expect to find an anime I could add to my favorites in years.

IMO Haikyuu is nothing compared to Kazetsuyo. Mostly cause of the detestable characters and the appalling comedy. Though I enjoyed Season 3.

Anyway, you could always try Haikyuu. Most people gave it a positive review so I assume you would too.

It's actually tragic how underrated it is! It's so inspiring and every single character is so likeable and lovable! Yeah, i see a lot of positivity concerning Haikyuu but i've just never really felt like watching it. Guess i'll give it ago though!
Mar 13, 2019 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
FuMomo-kun said:

In a normal setting it shouldn't happen, running faster when you're trained doesn't make you bleed, but the way I understood it, in the novel Yuki already had wounds and it's just they opened again but it hadn't been explained in the anime. It's a bit the same about the exact family situation of Yuki. You have to guess.

It makes sense if he already had those wounds.

Didn't they hint about his "family issues" in some earlier episodes?
Mar 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

They hinted there were family issues, they didn't say WHAT these were as far as I remember.
Mar 13, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
FuMomo-kun said:

They hinted there were family issues, they didn't say WHAT these were as far as I remember.

I think he just vaguely said his family doesn't get along if I remember. Or something like that.
Beautiful episode as always.
Mar 14, 2019 10:42 AM

Dec 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Rakudai (I think it was called) is a reference for Rakuzan from Kuroko No Basket?

On topic, I love this show. I will really miss it once it's gone. Looking forward to the next 2 episodes, they'll be hella fun
Mar 14, 2019 10:47 AM
Jan 2019
1. Yuki is amazing! He ran at a great speed. And Nico, too! If he had continued with his training then, it would be much faster. They were great.
2. I hope King reassures himself and does not try to overtake the idiot of the U.D. Tokyo. Although who knows, King could end up surprising me. By the way, his posture when running is funny xd.
3. Kakeru will compete against the opponent he so loved. It will be an incredible section.
Mar 14, 2019 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
Another amazing episode! Bold statement by Kakeru at the end! Another two great backstories. Megane's family came out to watch :') and reliving Nico's transformation has been awesome :')

WolfDFireLeo said:
Although who knows, King could end up surprising me. By the way, his posture when running is funny xd.

I'm been waiting so long for this next episode just so I can see King's running form in its full glory xD
Mar 15, 2019 10:11 PM
Mar 2015
Yuk and Nico chan ran like the wind
Mar 16, 2019 5:27 AM

Sep 2018
A satisfying episode to see, despite being less exciting than the previous one, the credit goes to the characters who lay bare with their past and their ego. Perhaps the element that has involved most of all in this anime series is not so much the marathon as the maturation of the characters: their growth and awareness of themselves. The marathon was an excuse to introduce these topics, nothing more, but I can't wait for the time for Kakeru and Haiji to arrive during the race.
Mar 16, 2019 6:24 PM

Mar 2010
I like the wordplay they had with Yuki. Since Yuki sounds both like courage (yuuki) and snow (yuki), and well we saw Yuki running courageously in the snow.

Also his feet bled? Yikes.

Mar 17, 2019 1:11 AM

Dec 2016
nice to see a spot-light like on the ogs yuki/nico, even with the cliffhanger ending as per.

Zax1e said:
Am I the only one who thinks Rakudai (I think it was called) is a reference for Rakuzan from Kuroko No Basket?

unlikely as the kaze ga manga began being published before knb
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Mar 17, 2019 4:58 AM

Apr 2017
photophobic said:
nice to see a spot-light like on the ogs yuki/nico, even with the cliffhanger ending as per.

Zax1e said:

unlikely as the kaze ga manga began being published before knb

The thing is, Run with the Wind is a novel (the original source, the one anime's following) xD
KaiserFGOMar 17, 2019 5:01 AM
May 13, 2019 4:57 AM

Feb 2013
Yuki was amazing, that was blood in his shoes, right? :O
May 29, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2013
Yuki's so fucking hawt lololol. Esp w/o glasses *heart eyes* I'm a sucker for charas that start off as assholes but later become lowkey sweet or funny hahahahah X)

He's so freaking cool for running so fast!!!!!! *O* Hope his feet heal quickly ;~; so many of our Kansei runners saying it's their last day TT^TT bittersweet </3 I wish we got to see more of his background flashback, like why he was angry his mom remarried-- did he love his dad a lot or??? Y'know? I NEED MOAR. Even if it's a cliche storyline lolol :P

Nico-senpai is another fave :D I think he's admirable too. Running against his body type and making it work. Love love love. So funny when coach referred to him as Nicotine over the speakerphone LMFAOOOOO. Whatta nickname made public, bwahhahahahh xD if only his old coach could see him now, heh. Or maybe he has and regrets it >:)

Also, the ponytail look is a lot nicer on him, anyways -^__^-
His love for running makes me wanna start my morning jogs again
May 30, 2019 5:46 AM

Dec 2013
Yuki and Nico senpai did their best! Are Yuki's feet bleeding? His family supported him! Damn that Sakaki guy. Will stop yapping his mouth? I want to strangle him. King should do his best huhu

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 3, 2019 11:36 AM
Apr 2016
Everyone is giving their all, it's so nice to see their determination.

Youhei's ego got completely squashed at the end, ouchies.
Sep 8, 2019 6:22 PM

Sep 2018
This is so heartwarming :) Family of Yuki cheer for him ~
Sep 29, 2019 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
Really love how this has all turned out!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 29, 2020 2:51 PM

Nov 2017
Glad to see them opening up to themselves realizing and admitting they love running.

plz @ me
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.