Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, Yurine seems to not be feeling well this episode. Glad to see her friends are there to take care of her though. Also, that montage song by Jashin! LOL

I think it was a thoughtful episode with everyone gathering together. (besides Jashin's awkward singing) Hey, they even got to see the Spring blossoms.
Sep 17, 2018 6:50 AM

Oct 2007
Glad that Jashin did not kill Yurine when she is sick. It's nice to have friends.

Jashin found at last by the person looking for her.

Is it a joke? Why end at episode 11, I thought this anime is 12 episodes...

Sep 17, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
@Liddo-kun So, they really finished the show on the 11th episode? But why? The adaptation was simply amazing and I didn't notice that they had any problems with the production.

Sep 17, 2018 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
One of the most underappreciated shows this season.

Sep 17, 2018 8:59 AM

Sep 2015
Really funny and relaxing, but I wanted more BEEF and MILK. I hope we get that at SEASON 2!

I think people didn't enjoyed the initial gore, and that's why the show got underrated.
Sep 17, 2018 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
Decent finale, but overall, I felt that this show was so terrible.

The comedy just never worked for me and other than the art, there was no substance to this show and its comedy and it felt excruciating to sit through.
Sep 17, 2018 10:14 AM
Jul 2017
Wait what? I didn’t see the episode yet but there’s only 11 episodes instead of 12 now? Maybe the 12th episode will air later as a special kinda like they did with violet evergarden.
Sep 17, 2018 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
A fun series for me, maybe simply because it's similar to Gabriel Dropout. I enjoyed the casts quite a bit. The ending song is great too.

6.5/10

Sep 17, 2018 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
I enjoyed these last 2 episodes quite a bit. It’s a shame this was the finale. Maybe there will be an OVA someday.

All in all a cute show.
Sep 17, 2018 11:51 AM

Jun 2017
I am guessing they decided to pull the plug and just release the last episode as an OVA in the future or something. Oh well, I enjoyed this way more than I though I would so no regrets.
Sep 17, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
RobertBobert said:
@Liddo-kun So, they really finished the show on the 11th episode? But why? The adaptation was simply amazing and I didn't notice that they had any problems with the production.

Yes, sad for them to end i t this early. Need more Jashin, Yurine, and friends. :(
Sep 17, 2018 5:02 PM

May 2010
What??? finished airing?!
Even if I buy the DVD/Blu-Ray, I doubt it will be use on Pekora :/
Sep 17, 2018 5:17 PM
Jun 2017
I have a feeling at first that this could be the last episode since almost all characters have been shown on todays episode plus the first 2 parts of todays episode focuses on main characters- the first one is yurine have a fever and Jashin together with devil friends take care of her. I like it on how jashin take care of her knowing that the only way for her to go back to hell is for yurine to die. Nice one..

And the bonding moment of The angel, and devil part is nice. Its once in a while in this series that they are as one.

Good finale..

Note: i have just known that its the final episode when i already look at MAL.
Sep 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
This ended an infinite number of episodes too soon.

Favorite show of this season. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Reminded me of GabDrop at first, so I already expected that much.
SJ7izmSep 17, 2018 9:12 PM
Sep 18, 2018 12:34 AM

Jul 2016
And so it ends... with Pekola but no halo :/

Ohh Jashin is such a softie. It was sweet of her to take care of Yurine while she was sick. And it was nice to see that at least, Yurine didn't use any kind of sharp weapon against her during the rest of the episode, that's something I guess...

The insert song Jashin sang was so random yet cute. However, how can she sing so nice at the beginning with Yurine but suck at it during the picnic at the park? xD

All in all, it was a good final episode, all the cast made an appearance and the interactions between them were great. It's a shame there's not a twelfth episode but it's ok. If it depended on me, I absolutely woudn't mind watching a second season of this show. 6.5-7 /10
Sep 18, 2018 1:46 AM

Jul 2014
Well, for the second week running, the show delivered a surprisingly pleasant and wholesome final episode (for the most part anyway), allowing everyone to appear and mingle one last time.

Overall, this show was decent and generally amusing if not outright laugh-out-loud funny all the time. I'd be okay with a second season if one came along in the future.

7/10
Sep 18, 2018 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
This show was so much focused on the relationship of Medusa and Jashin that I was even surprised that the final episode turned out to be such a heartwarming story about Yurine and our main heroine. However, I enjoyed it as well as the rest of the show.

In the end, this was an unusually good CGDCT. Initially, I liked this show only because of the strong Gabriel DropOut vibes, but now I can say with a pure heart that it was one of my favorite titles in this season.

8/10.

RobertBobertSep 18, 2018 2:35 AM
Sep 18, 2018 3:59 AM

Jan 2015
s2 please??? :D

So just like kill me baby ending or very similar to it, where you finally warm up or acknowledge someone you despised, some execution stuffs and it could've been done better and more hearwarmingly but heh,the message was spread so i was content with how much we got (maybe its just me but i expected for at least "i appreciate you" or "i like you, i dont mind you" or better a hug. One hug is worth 100 words)

In any case that was a very fun ride. It was one of the more enjoyable and fun as a whole series i watched in 2018. While it wasnt as good as oher things i wathced, it at least delivered in fun category (arguably more important)
I dunno its just very likable anime in general. I read manga too, its fun but something that anime does is what brings out more enjoyment?

I didnt like violence, but im glad it wasnt that central to the story and i could still enjoy the other parts of the anime. Also didnt like the Minotaur or whatever that creature is that appears in cutscenes and sings the ED.
Other than that i enjoyed everything so im happy i stumbled on this one and hoping to rewatch it one day :D

I liked Pekola segments a lot(it was very unusual at least for me, so i did watch something new), Jashin and Medusa relationship (A T M), the curry isekai too.

Oh and ofcourse the OP
ROYAL COPENHAGEEEEEEN
Sep 18, 2018 6:08 AM

Mar 2018
It ended at episode 11, huh? That's kinda strange since we all know it's going to be 12 episodes when it first aired. In the end, they discarded the entire gore thing and went full-blown CGDCT. Not that I hate it. Although comedy and story are not the best, characters are fun and memorable. A decent 7/10 for me. I won't mind a 2nd season either.

Sep 18, 2018 7:35 AM

Feb 2018
lol yurine was cute when she was thanking jashin

plus it was cute when she got hit from the dropkick lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2018 9:08 AM

Jan 2017
jashin-chan singing was aweosome
Sep 18, 2018 1:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
This is one if the most kawaii anime I've ever seen xD
Sep 18, 2018 3:18 PM

Jun 2017
Piromysl said:
One of the most underappreciated shows this season.

I agree. This show did a well job at combining moe, dark theme (character getting physically tortured and showed a lot of blood), and comedy together.

I'd say this show deserves above 7.5/10 score
Sep 18, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2014
Ended up enjoying this show more as it went on, even if it did lose some identity. It wasn't any good at ultra-violence anyway, best stick to cute. Could have used more asshole Jashin though.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 18, 2018 11:11 PM
Jan 2017
Well rejoice everyone, there will be a special episode next week one same day same time, it's been announced on the twitter
https://twitter.com/jashinchan_PJ/status/1041733600998174720
Sep 19, 2018 12:51 AM

Mar 2009
@Gel_chan That's good news!

Honestly a fun show. I'm glad I decided not to drop it after the mediocre first episode.

Your mileage may vary as far as Jashin herself is concerned. I'm sure a lot of people would hate her selfish and spoiled ways. But even if you do, plenty of other likable characters in the show. Personally, I was fond of Jashin and Medusa's relationship, since it was quite cute at times. But hell, you can even look at that as a very obvious codependent relationship. And an unhealthy one at that...
And of course there's Jashin and Yurine's relationship which revolves around Jashin trying to kill her, and Yurine doing savage things to her. Best not to take anime so seriously lol.

Felt bad for Pekola for the majority of this series, but thankfully, she got to spend the last episode having some fun.

Maybe we'll get another season in the future. I wouldn't mind it.
Sep 19, 2018 7:52 AM

Apr 2015
Weaker episode than previous(just as most moe anime finales usually are as they attempt more serious tones) but not awful

I enjoyed JD; not just because of the cute girls(because they aren't particularly cute compared to certain other shows), but because it all in all served up an enjoyable dose of anime; it is intensely self-conscious- so much great meta jokes and while the jokes mostly aren't that funny, they helped create the tongue in cheek witty atmosphere that carried the show. The eyecatches helped too.

Though the main characters are definitely gimmicky/patterned, they are peculiarly relatable and realistic in that they have human-like negative emotional reactions and malice, they mesh in well with the Tokyo city life setting and make views comfortable and easy.

Good production values from start to end too. Liked Oomori, Kozakai and Suzuki's performances, Omigawa and Kubota's not that much.

If you're watching this as a comedy you won't like it, but if you watch it as a foil for your monotonous and hard daily life you might. Maybe would be more enjoyable for viewers knowledgeable with the anime industry and seiyuu idol culture. A surprisingly solid show, 5-6/10
Sep 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Jan 2017
underrated great anime. I´ll miss it.
Sep 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
Should have been a short. It was moronic to skip the character introductions, especially with Minos who has fuck all to do anyway. Since the manga scans aren't that far along I don't know if it also has these heartwarming moments or if they're just added to the anime, but they aren't the least bit believable and take away more from the show than they add. Here's hoping they are anime only.
Sep 19, 2018 11:58 PM

Oct 2008
This is such a fun and wacky series! shame it's only 11 episodes...
I wouldn't mind a Second season full of wackiness and enjoyment!
5/5.
8/10.

Sep 20, 2018 5:22 AM

Jan 2013
Finally this shit is gone.
Trash belongs in the bin.
Sep 20, 2018 7:45 PM

Jul 2017
Where to start...

A subpar show with a set cardboard cutout characters that seemingly never fit into the world.

The comedy was so basic, it even insults the intelligence of a 5 year-old. Getting brutally beat up is funny!

This anime contained no jokes.

Same old running gag that was already exhausted in the first few episodes. It's so 'hilarious' when a character is exceptionally dense and doesn't learn from their mistakes, that lead to the same outcome every time.

Completely pointless references galore, "Oh look, we know what's popular". They did not even attempt to make them interesting, clever or relevant to the current situation.

Extremely one-dimensional characters that do not deserve any further examination.

This was quite the learning experience. Witnessed the art of 'accomplishing nothing' in 4 hours and 20 minutes. Truly invaluable experience.

Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Sep 23, 2018 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
It was ok I guess, the characters were cute and liked it's OP, for some reason it reminded me of Ladybaby.
Sep 30, 2018 7:40 PM

Oct 2015
66 hour punishment that is tenacious! Jashin's dropkick finally connecting was a surprise but Yurine couldn't helped it though, she was barely in health but I loved that they took care of her.

I didn't understand the point reference of Jashin floating with the balloon but it was fine and she didn't redeem herself.

I will miss the beatings as well as the characters but mostly I will miss Jashin's taunting to Pekora one of my favorite characters. Best anime of the season after Asobi Asobase personally, and underrated AF.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 1, 2018 6:40 AM

Aug 2018
Liddo-kun said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes, sad for them to end i t this early. Need more Jashin, Yurine, and friends. :(
There will be a new episode in a few hours, certainly in Japan and probably in America. I'm keeping an eye open for it.
Oct 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
NoviSun said:
Liddo-kun said:

There will be a new episode in a few hours, certainly in Japan and probably in America. I'm keeping an eye open for it.

Certainly decent news. More Jashin is always good.
Oct 6, 2018 2:43 PM

Jul 2015
Oh... it's over... well... that was kind of underwhelming... Oh well, anime was decent but nothing worth bragging about or anything, just kind of ok in the end.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 6, 2018 10:30 PM

May 2009
Nice meta comedy. 6/10
Oct 14, 2018 4:53 AM

Sep 2018
As a final episode, it seemed a little obvious in the first minutes, but I'm happy when it comes back to the great going forward with the narrative. Exhilarating and enjoyable as never before the vision, who knows if a sequel will be released this season.

6/10
Oct 21, 2018 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
Still not sure how to feel about Jashin. Really disliked her when she was acting like a spoiled brat until the last episodes. Pekola parts of the show were by far the best, as I can easily relate to her character.
Oct 21, 2018 11:40 AM
Aug 2014
I sometimes have this unique mood to watch this show specifically. I don't know what it is. No other show gives me that feeling.
Nov 17, 2018 4:12 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode and with one more episode to go I really do wonder how this anime will end. In general I was pretty surprised she actually did a dropkick on her... yet the anime didn't end!

Good episode in general and for the 11 episode run it was a nice and fun open ending! Let's see what the extra 12th episode will offer!
Dec 28, 2018 9:39 PM
May 2018
Fine series, but I really found Yurine annoying punishing Jashin-chan for being what she is, a devil.
Especially at the end of this episode.
Jan 26, 2019 5:20 PM
Jan 2016
Oct 19, 2019 6:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another good and funny episode but it was the last one :(
I'm not sad because season 2 in announced for 2020 (and that's why I watched this anime lol)
Overall it was really good, I really like the characters (my favorites are Pekora and Medusa) Jashin-Chan personnality is bad but it's for the jokes and she can be kind sometimes haha.
8/10 for this anime, I'm looking forward for season 2
Jan 11, 2020 5:41 AM

Feb 2019
This series was pretty fun to watch. I really liked girls beating each other and jashin chan doing degenerated stuff throughout the series. A very heartwarming finale to a fun series.
Apr 6, 2020 4:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! Didn't really feel like a finale much until those last few minutes and perhaps the first few too and there's still the 12th Episode plus the 2nd Season to come so I won't have to worry about that for a while at least, it seems.

Jashin-chan's montage song though xD, where'd that come from? Nice to see the little internal conflict, Jashin-chan really is kind by heart. Lol @ that car, I knew Minosa was going to bring that out.

Always nice to have Cherry Blossoms episodes around. And the policewoman's cameos have been a treat to watch. Poor Medusa btw, lol.

Definitely going to miss the Op and ED though, they really were a fun company.

Going to give this a solid 7/10.

cythraul said:
This series was pretty fun to watch. I really liked girls beating each other and jashin chan doing degenerated stuff throughout the series. A very heartwarming finale to a fun series.

I know what you mean xD.
_MushiRock11_Apr 27, 2020 7:59 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 24, 2021 7:23 PM
Oct 2017
Not a totally bad show if you remove Yurine from it... but totally bad & annoying with that character.
Nov 17, 2021 7:20 AM

Feb 2020
A very good finale although there's still the 12th episode and the second season.

Jashin-chan has a beautiful voice. That song at the beginning was so random yet cute. xD

Tachibana and her everlasting love for Jashin-chan was once again one of the highlight moments. I love her crazy character.

Overall, a great, funny and wacky show. Much better than I expected. Jashin-chan, Medusa and their sick, twisted and funny relationship is the main thing that made this so good. They are so hilarious and cute together.

The only thing I didn't like so much was Yurine and her violence towards Jashin-chan. Sure, she didn't ruin the show, but she made it a little less enjoyable.

9/10

Poor Tachibana. </3

Nov 20, 2021 10:19 PM

May 2012
watched cause of the girls frontline crossover, unironically think the crossover was better lol, rip
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2018

33 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2018

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

26 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 4 Discussion

modboy - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 22, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 3 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Aug 9, 2018

9 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.