Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2018 11:04 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Each year, April Fools' Day gives a chance for creators in the anime, manga, and games industry to showcase their creativity. With the popularity of social media in recent years, many of these expressions of creativity become viral easily. Below is a selection of this year's official April Fools' jokes released by the anime and related industries.

Anime

Akkun to Kanojo
The official website of the Spring 2018 anime Akkun to Kanojo announced that the title of the show will be changed to Akkun to Motokano (Akkun and His Ex-girlfriend) as a result of the couple breaking up due to Non-tan getting angry at Akkun's tsuntsun behavior.

Asobi Asobase
The official website of the Summer 2018 anime Asobi Asobase revealed a key visual, portraying the characters in a rather "strong" fashion.

Caligula
Pony Canyon's official anime YouTube channel posted a manga preview of the Spring 2018 anime Caligula's first episode drawn by bkub Ookawa, the creator of Poputepipikku (Pop Team Epic).

Comic Girls
The official Twitter account of the Spring 2018 anime Comic Girls announced a new series titled Anime Girls, where the characters aim for the anime industry.

Darling in the FranXX
The official Twitter account of the Winter 2018 anime Darling in the FranXX announced a film trilogy for Spring 20018.

Detective Conan
The official Detective Conan smartphone application had been hijacked by Kurazawa, the criminal; in which the icons on the application were changed to that of "criminal Kurazawa-san." Some free comic strips centered on the character also appeared on the homepage.

A notice on the official website of the upcoming Detective Conan: Zero's Executioner anime film stated that access to the website has been prohibited. In order to enter, solving the puzzle by typing the correct three-digit password was required, using the clues presented in the page.

Dragon Ball Super x Precure Super Stars!
Toei announced a crossover movie between the Dragon Ball and Precure franchise titled Dragon Ball Super x Precure Super Stars! The Movie: Son Goku vs. Cure Yell, scheduled to premiere on April 1, 2019. The tagline on the visual reads "Which one is truly super!!"

Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan
The official website of the Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan net anime revealed a key visual, teasing a new series with a rather familiar grey-haired masculine character.

FLCL Alternative
Adult Swim's Toonami programming block aired the first episode of FLCL Alternative on April 1, five months ahead of the actual premiere date.

Gegege no Kitarou (2018)
The official website of the new Gegege no Kitarou anime revealed a "black and white" version of the key visual.

The iDOLM@STER SideM
A reboot of the Kaerre's Big Adventure film centered on Pierre's frog mascot Kaerre was announced; directed and written by, and starring Kaerre.

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
The official website of the Summer 2018 anime Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu announced a game adaptation of the series.

Jashin-chan Dropkick
The official website of the Summer 2018 anime Jashin-chan Dropkick announced a collaboration with women's pro wrestling. The staff and cast section in the website were changed to Rossy Ogawa, the president of World Wonder Ring Stardom, and female pro wrestlers, respectively.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
The official Twitter account of the Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san anime announced a prequel of the series titled Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-chan, depicting the main characters' elementary school days.

Kuroko no Basket: Last Game
The official website of the Kuroko no Basket: Last Game anime film turned into Hiyoko no Basket.

Prince of Stride: Alternative
The official Twitter account of the Prince of Stride: Alternative otome game announced a movie for the series titled Prince of Stride The Movie: Legend of Melon-ko.

Toji no Miko
Nene, a mascot character from the series, appeared all over the anime's official website on April 1.

Yama no Susume: Third Season
The official website of the Yama no Susume franchise revealed a key visual, which shows the main characters at the summit of K2, the second highest mountain in the world

Other

Azur Lane
The official Twitter account of the Azur Lane smartphone game announced a TV anime, slated for an April 8012 premiere.

Band-Maid
The all-girl Japanese band Band-Maid renamed themselves as "Band-Maiko" for April Fools' and revealed the "secret MAIKO lips" music video, a modified version of their "secret My lips" track rewritten in Kyoto dialect.

petit milady
The members of the idol unit Ayana Taketatsu and Aoi Yuuki switched their Twitter accounts for the day. A prank shot of the voice actress' breasts could be seen on Yuuki's then-switched account.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Gaiden: Magia Record
The official Twitter account of the MagiReco smartphone game announced a "Holy Radio Station" featuring Madoka-senpai.

Shounen Jump+
Sousuke Aizen, one of the main antagonists from Bleach, appropriated the website for the day.

Source: Gigazine

← Previous Year
VindstotApr 5, 2018 6:24 PM

Apr 4, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
"as a result of the couple breaking up due to Non-tan getting angry at Akkun's tsuntsun behavior."

oh god how much i wish if there is an anime with that plot
i will give it 10/10 without hesitation
tragedydesuApr 4, 2018 11:15 AM
Apr 4, 2018 11:13 AM

Sep 2008
Oh... I wish "Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san" news was true! *.*
From all these that one was the best and the most "real like" :)
Almost get me xD
Apr 4, 2018 11:17 AM

May 2010
TAKAGI-CHAN KAWAIIIIIIII
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Apr 4, 2018 11:28 AM

Mar 2012
Yes!
Azur Lane finally gets some attention, but i'm sure it will never get anime adaptation because the game had Anti-Japan theme that will trigger most japanese people.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 4, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
You forgot Digimon Tri's April Fool's poster.
Apr 4, 2018 11:47 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Damn, the crossover I never knew I needed in my life and it was a joke. DBZ x Precure. Make it happen.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Apr 4, 2018 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
Love the Yama no Susume image. They couldn't finish Mt Fuji, and K2 is more than twice as big; that would be such a shark-jump xD

Nobody cares but Deemo did a genderbend April Fools pic and I got super hype even though I knew it was fake, lel
Apr 4, 2018 11:49 AM

Aug 2016
Takehiko Inoue should have announced returning to Vagabond and Real, that would have make a great April Fools day prank
:v
Apr 4, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
Sasuga, Aizen-sama.

Vindstot said:
petit milady
The members of the idol unit Ayana Taketatsu and Aoi Yuuki switched their Twitter accounts for the day. A prank shot of the voice actress' breasts could be seen on Yuuki's then-switched account.
Those are fake, right?
Apr 4, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2016
Ok now I fucking want a Dragonball x Precure crossover for real.
Apr 4, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 2015
I actually believed Takagi-san announcement, even through I was aware of the day :(
Apr 4, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2011
The Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san joke is the best one and I actually do hope Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san gets an anime someday.
Apr 4, 2018 2:11 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Since when were you under the impression that this is the only time Aizen will ever take over Shounen Jump+?

Jokes aside, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-chan looks too real to the point where I would love to see that actually exist.

Also, a DBS and Precure crossover actually sounds like fun XD
Apr 4, 2018 3:41 PM

Sep 2013
Oh I was expecting to see the pranks of the mobile games I play, I was actually really hoping to see the Bandori's all Michelle joke, or the Danmemo (which I tought would be featured since it was a crossover with Pop Team Epic), or at least the joke of Hacka Doll.

But Takagi-san's announcement was cute.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 4, 2018 4:56 PM

Aug 2015
The video got deleted.. but UtaPri also fooled me about releasing an RPG using the males character.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 4, 2018 5:47 PM

Feb 2015
Illyricus said:
Sasuga, Aizen-sama.

Vindstot said:
petit milady
Those are fake, right?

Unfortunately yes, they're fake.
https://twitter.com/petitmilady/status/980299014896680961
Apr 4, 2018 5:54 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Japan has a good sense of humor. Great collection here.

The Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san one makes me sad that it's not real but I hope the sequel is a possibility.
Apr 4, 2018 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
Toarujisuru said:
Damn, the crossover I never knew I needed in my life and it was a joke. DBZ x Precure. Make it happen.

Oh my god, saaaammmeee! I legit want to watch that

Apr 4, 2018 7:19 PM

Mar 2017
There's also one for Fairy Tail.

Apr 4, 2018 7:26 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
That Yama no Susume visual, how very nice.
Apr 5, 2018 6:11 AM

Jul 2013
Baio-kun said:
Illyricus said:
Sasuga, Aizen-sama.

Those are fake, right?

Unfortunately yes, they're fake.
https://twitter.com/petitmilady/status/980299014896680961
Well, I didn't expected anything, so I'm not disappointed at least.
Apr 5, 2018 8:39 AM

Oct 2012
So that means, Ao-chan declaring that she's pretty "flat" compared to Ayacchi? At least she's self aware xD

I need those two in Tokyo Encounter again :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 5, 2018 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
Loved Aizen taking over Shouen Jumps website
Apr 5, 2018 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
why do I get a notification for an april fools joke. why are these even added mal? that's just dumb mods should focus on approving more anime/manga instead.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.