Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2017 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Comparing to Misaki, I like Ririna a lot more from this show especially in these latest episodes including this one. She's selfless and isn't too afraid to speak out her mind.

About time Nejima let his own feelings out...
To be honest, I think he's an unremarkable main male protagonist that holds the show back but from this episode, he did manage to speak out with his mind more. Also compared to the other kisses between him and Ririna, this episode's had more impact imo. The wedding dresses looked pretty on the girls in this finale.

Eh, I think it was a fine show overall. Story needs a bit more work and I got mixed feelings about Nejima's character overall. 6/10.

Stark700Sep 18, 2017 8:23 AM
Sep 18, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2015
I watched the live ones but I cant understand it lol cause I can't speak Japanese lol

I Kinda Like the Story But it Need Some Improvements My Overal Score is 7/10
Sep 18, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty much an open ending.
That being said in my mind the winner is clear, Lilina has much more going for her than Misaki has.
I also think the development in the relationship between Misaki is Yukari didn't progress much since the start of this anime while the relationship between Lilina and Yukari made a lot of progress especially in the last few episodes.
Despite the open ending i found it to be a satisfying and of an enjoyable anime.
Sep 18, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
Well this ending was to be expected since this is the last episode but I'm so disappointed :(

3 OVA would be great for the 3 routes possible (nisaka n°1 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) tho it will never happen
Sep 18, 2017 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Nejima really let out his feelings in this episode though he was quite selfish. When Lilina asked him to kiss him, I thought she was going to dig a hole for herself as she clearly likes Nejima herself. Nisaka was the only one who wasn't happy. I feel bad for him.

Lilina and Misaki have a strong friendship and that is what I like about both of them. Sacrificing their own feelings for the other.

In the end it was quite enjoyable to watch and made me read the manga so I'm giving it a 6/10.

Sep 18, 2017 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
xSkipi said:
Well this ending was to be expected since this is the last episode but I'm so disappointed :(

3 OVA would be great for the 3 routes possible (nisaka n°1 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) tho it will never happen

and 1 OVA for yajima (the government offficer) past. the man deserve it.
Sep 18, 2017 10:40 AM

Jun 2015
Decent finale. The girls looks beautiful in their wedding dresses. Nejima simply can't choose either of them. He loves them both. Ririna is best girl though. Her kiss had lots of passion. Nejima finally let out his feelings. An okay show overall. It was enjoyable. 5/10
Sep 18, 2017 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And it seems that the last episode is finally upon us. Meeting both Misaki and Yukari really did end up changing Ririna's life though thats for sure. Ririna really put in a lot of effort to help ensure that Yukari will not suffer any lasting consequences if her pursued Misaki instead though. It really will be hard for Yukari to pretend that he hated her for that long though. That little talk about Misaki that the two of them ended up having was hillarious though. Never expected that Ririna would chose to give herself up and let Yukari chose Misaki instead. Really brave of her though. But its funny that Ririna after hearing that Yukari and Misaki had kissed chose to rehearse it with Yukari just so that she had it too. Yukari and Ririna really looks sweet together though. Lying to protect Misaki though eh thats an interesting reason. Well after being with both girls and getting to know them both as friends and as girls i think its only natural that Yukari would end up falling for both. To think that even now Misaki is willing to protect herself by lying about her feelings about Yukari though.

Both Misaki and Ririna actually look pretty gorgeous in their dresses though. Its nice that Yukari finally realizes what his true feelings are though. Misaki and Ririna's expressions as they try to think of what Yukari would feel if he see's them though. Its nice that Yukari was at least able to express his own true feelings to them both though. Hmm that ending though. Im glad that in the end Yukari didn't choose just a single one though. Love in this world is not that simple in the first place.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, I wasn't expecting such an outcome, but I guess it makes more sense like this since the manga is still going on. And at least there won't be a waifu war after this episode xD

Nice and enjoyable show overall, could've been better, but it definitely had it's moments.

6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 18, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2012
Well the ending was original if I am remembering correctly. But it's a good way to end the series as the manga is still ongoing. But anyways i'm glad they took this path for the ending and showed how close Yukari, Misaki, and Ririna are and how they are all willing to sacrifice their own happiness for the others, as well as Nisaka encouraging Neji. I hope once the manga ends they animate the conclusion as well.
Sep 18, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2015
why couldn't they just stick to the managa omfg way to ruin it on the last ep
Sep 18, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
Sigh...hate bs endings like this, feels like I've wasted time
Sep 18, 2017 11:12 AM
Aug 2015
There's nothing wrong with an open ending, but would much have preferred to see him actually pick one of them... 6/10
Sep 18, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2017
I'm speechless.

Didn't happen though and I'm so desperate now. I loved every minute of this show. The story maybe isn't the best. Nejima is kinda a trashy selfish character. There are no real revealings. But I just loved it. I felt so emotional during every episode. 10/10.
Sep 18, 2017 11:15 AM

Mar 2015
I'm getting a lot of Nisekoi war flashbacks from this ending and the anime overall. It was enjoyable, Ririna was nice. 6/10
berrymillusOct 30, 2017 3:37 PM
Sep 18, 2017 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Aversa said:
Pretty much an open ending.
That being said in my mind the winner is clear, Lilina has much more going for her than Misaki has.
I also think the development in the relationship between Misaki is Yukari didn't progress much since the start of this anime while the relationship between Lilina and Yukari made a lot of progress especially in the last few episodes.
Despite the open ending i found it to be a satisfying and of an enjoyable anime.

Did they make an open end? Oh, I'm starting to feel my chair light up. I can not wait for the end of the manga :)
Sep 18, 2017 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
The ending is anime-original, right? Kind of weak, but if it's anime-original, that explains it.

6/10 overall, I didn't look forward to it every week, but it had its moments, especially in the beginning, so overall watchable, but zero rewatch value. Not going to check out the manga either.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 18, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
Eh.. that's it? What am I supposed to do with this lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 18, 2017 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
its fine that they were playing it safe leaving it open since this could be a one shot even tho the source material is still ongoing. however, with animes usually always do stuff outside of the source, there coulda been more intrigue if they played up Nisaka's role more instead of just making him a voice of reason

as i said during her first appearance, Ririna's personality definitely impressed me the most. only thing that is really annoying is Neji's "whisper" voice, so bad i could feel him talking to my hand on my phone

i'll miss the ED song tho, i really like it
Sep 18, 2017 11:45 AM
Dec 2009
I can live with this ending, 7/10. Even though the ending is left practically wide open, a hint of conclusion can be found pointing to a sort-of-harem ending. I just hope Nisaka will become happy in the end as well. Yukari is a bit of a d**k though, for being quite selfish and wishy washy.

Now looking forward to the manga ending. I can always come back here if I don't like it :D

Also: Ririna MVP, she's the most well rounded and progressing character! <3
Sep 18, 2017 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Not even sure how to feel, I really enjoyed Kuzu no Honkai back when it aired and the romantic drama vibes of this one reminded me to it at first, but after that it just got more and more boring and frustrating, open ending was expected but still disappointing anyways.

I think I will give it a 4/10, I think I will forget about this anime really soon tbh.
Sep 18, 2017 11:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i loved every character in this anime, i feel so bad for Nisaki lol
Sep 18, 2017 11:57 AM

Aug 2017
I really like the open-ness of this ending, I was expecting Neji to pick one of them and the other being left heartbroken but this ending leaves us on a lot more of a positive note. I really like the idea that Neji has decided to say "fuck you" to the system and love both Ririna and Misaki, meaning the 3 of them can stay together.

I get that people are upset because its like a harem ending or they don't like that it is open ended but throughout the show I was just looking forward to seeing how the story went and I'm glad that it left us on a positive note with all 3 of them happy and together.

I think my only flaw I had is that we didn't really get any revelation for Motoi Yajima but I imagine the writer decided to focus more of that in the manga and keep the focus on Neji, Misaki and Ririna in the anime. It's sad to see this end as this was my first ever seasonal anime I started watching but I'm happy with the ending, solid 8/10 in my opinion!

Added Note: Holy shit could you imagine if they did a season 2 of this and completely flipped the genres and turned it into a Harem, Comedy, Romance show. To be honest I'd probably watch that haha

UnknownAKSep 18, 2017 12:02 PM
Sep 18, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2008
An open end and nothing gets resolved. I really hope that they make a second season to get a proper ending (if the manga ended until then). A OVA about Yajima would be great to see his past like in the manga.

In contrast to the manga the anime made an original ending. I liked that Yukari did not choose one of the girls at this point.
Sep 18, 2017 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
So they still don't know what's love and what's a lie.
Sep 18, 2017 12:11 PM
Jul 2017
Who else saw that bull ending coming a mile away?
Sep 18, 2017 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
Well uhh... okay?
I really like how they adapted ch 114-118
But I do wish the anime did an ending of its own (as in, different from the manga but not a effin open ending)
Sep 18, 2017 12:18 PM

Jan 2016
Eh, the ending doesn't sit well with me. It was weird, open ending which sucks but I guess they couldn't conclude it any better.

It started of really well but became a bit irritating throughout it's run. Still decent
6/10
Sep 18, 2017 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Well, at least this anime got me interested in manga, and that's a purpose of this series I guess. I just hope for Takasaki ending in manga.
Dunno how to rate it. 7/10, probably.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 18, 2017 12:25 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty underwhelming for an ending. The show didn't really end at a good point. Ririna seems to be a far more interesting character when compared to Misaki but somehow Nejima loves them both.

Nejima was a pretty weak protagonist and his character was just pretty bland. Nisaka was more interesting but didn't get enough screen time.

This show couldn't deal with the complex jumble of emotions well and that made this show underwhelming. Maybe my hopes for this show were just too high. Idk. 6/10
Sep 18, 2017 12:30 PM

Nov 2014
I usually don't like open endings, but I'm really happy with how the one in this show was done. Even if Ririna and Neji don't become a pair, their moments together in the first half provided the perfect closure for them. Though, now I'm more curious than ever about Misaki's secret. I guess we'll have to hope for a second season, or just read the manga.

Episode: 5/5
Show: 8/10
Sep 18, 2017 12:33 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Yeah, so this shitfest will continue for god knows how long because they need to sell the manga and stall it for as long as possible.
Fuck this show. Waste of time.
Sep 18, 2017 12:39 PM
Mar 2017
As we saw that Nejima didn't choose a single girl. He decided that he will love both of them.
But since He can't marry both Ririna and Takasaki. Will he be remain unmarried or what? Is this it? and what about that Nisaka guy? Why did he kissed Nejima in episode 3 (not sure which episode, but he did kissed Nejima). ?? Anyone knows...??
Sep 18, 2017 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
The ending was kinda expected and a whole lot of "meh"!

You know what would have been interesting, if both the girls were bisexual! :P
Sep 18, 2017 12:49 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sooo in the end nothing fucking happened. Same as almost the entire anime for that matter. What a snoozefest

I'm struggling to think what the actual point of this anime was. If you want to see the whole government-assigned perfect marriages thingy at work, just go read the manga Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga instead; it does everything Koi to Uso potentially could have done several times over in just four volumes. This anime on the other hand was just stalling all the way to the end whilst repeating the phrases "What is love?" and "What is a lie?" over and over

Very mediocre
Sep 18, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2016
So , no season 2 :)? just OVA's ? Season 2 for that won't be good , it will get a 6/10 on MAL
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 18, 2017 12:59 PM
Sep 2016
Not a good ending for me he really hade to choose one and ofc it should be ririna... I mean she was such a nice Charakter and they were crying while they agreed with this stupid idea...
The Name of the last Episode is the same Name of the whole Anime and then it is an open ending rly??? I dont get it, well after all it was a good Show and very cute :) and I m sure every one here feels bad for nisaka ;/ maybe in the manga ending he will love all 3 xD
7/10 bc I rly liked this idea about the lovesystem and ririna got me <3 xD
allthough nejima was a bit boring for a main Charakter and this end

Sep 18, 2017 1:24 PM
Jun 2015
What kind of fucking ending is that. Also I still love how Misaki hasn't actually had any character development yet people still prefer her over Ririna whom is obviously the better character. Yukari is fuckin retarded.
Sep 18, 2017 1:35 PM

Feb 2016
Did they just gave us the pussy way out? For fuck sake Yukari, you had one job!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 18, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2016
i liked the show alot, but this last few episodes, i could have a 24 episodes instead then.. -_- i expected more of this to be honest., and this ending lanced it down to 6.8.. THE END
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 18, 2017 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
Nisaka is the greatest best friend that anybody can ask for. I hope for him to get a happy ending too and for him to no longer have to suffer in silence.

I love both girls (unlike most love triangles in anime), but I hope Ririna pulls through in the end. Misaki is absolutely incredible too though. I might have to start this manga.
Sep 18, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
This was complete waste of time, typical solution thats to say the bland mc chooses no one. Not like it would have made any difference though, show started out interesting, but after the first half the show ran out of ideas, and the whole thing was nothing other than pure typical filler with the speed of snail. Also Misaki had no interaction with the MC we only told they exchanged some pencil or what and since then they are in madly love SO FAKE and UNREAL, therefore I didnt feel any kind of love triangle. Just going through the same motions that we have seen so many times in same kind of stories.

So the verdict is 4/10,never want to hear about this show. In nutshell Anime original harem ending, mc couldnt decide, story went zero after 6 episode, the rest are 6 episode filler with fake drama and utter lack of development.
Sep 18, 2017 2:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is probably the only time where I want a harem-ish type of end lol God I hate this damn system fucking up these people's lives

Anyway, overall I loved this series and unfortunately I doubt we'll get a S2 anytime soon since we are really close to the manga now
Sep 18, 2017 2:10 PM
Jul 2016
Nisaka tho. boiii he ded.
But seriously, i feel like he got fucked the most. Even if he forgets Neiji, this matching system will still pair him with a woman - if he's truly gay then i can't help but to feel sorry for him.
A friendzone that was really painful to watch. *sobbing*
Sep 18, 2017 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like the premise was pretty interesting, the characters were fun but nothing really developed. The plot kept going on circles, nothing is resolved, the harem situation keeps getting more weird etc.
Still enjoyable, especially the first half. 7/10 for me, even though I will probably read the manga for Nisaka (aka the most intriguing character) since the triangle is pretty cliche.
Sep 18, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
So, we got an inconclusive ending and Nisaka ends forever alone. Oh, well.
Sep 18, 2017 2:43 PM

Jun 2014
So they took the safe route with an open ending. I guess it makes sense, but it's disappointing that we came all this way and he didn't choose either of the girls. Everyone is happy though, so there's that I guess? Well, except for Nisaka, I feel bad for him. Overall the show had a good premise but the way it was executed, coupled with an ending with no payoff, kept it from realizing the potential that it seemed to have. This kind of felt like a waste of time tbh......5/10.

HaXXspetten said:
I'm struggling to think what the actual point of this anime was.

The point: Don't give your crush half of your eraser, otherwise you'll be caught in a deep shitstorm of confusing love. Lol
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 18, 2017 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
i would have given a 6/10 but after that ending......... 5/10

at least the opening is great and catchy, best thing to come from the show
Sep 18, 2017 3:20 PM
Sep 2017
Didn't liked the ending at all, I hate cliffhangers like this! and I know, this anime is based on an ongoing Manga, but still. even a Harem and none-heavy-story anime like HighSchool DxD has better ending at it's each seasons.

After watching all these 12 eps, I feel like I got pranked.
but still, I'm looking forward for season 2, or I'll hate this anime even more.
Sep 18, 2017 3:52 PM
Jul 2015
What a waste of time.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.