Forum Settings
Forums

What sport that didnt get turn into anime yet

New
Aug 30, 2017 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
I am a fan of basketball because of anime like Slam Dunk and Kuroko no Basket being so popular .
And since Captain Tsubasa is a good football (or soccer for American ) anime that inspire great football legend and also Japan football popularity .
I was wonder are there some sports that have yet to be turn into anime and if so could it become popular among the anime community
Shiroyasha_97Aug 30, 2017 9:11 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2012
There is severe lack of Badminton in anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Oct 2015
snowboarding / skiing is one that i can think of off the top of my head,
not a lot of winter sports are in anime, as the focus

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview

Jul 2017
Id say Lacrosse probably. Nobody really plays it so it wouldnt make sense to make an anime for it.

Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Aug 30, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
I would love to see a anime about billiards. hope they don't make it to gay.
Aug 30, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2017
Crocket (idk if that's how you spell it) and all the other ones said above.
Aug 30, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
Kokou no Hito and Kamigami no Itadaki (climbing), they have the potential to become popular and loved by the anime community if well adapted.

But it's better if they don't adapt them, Kamigami no Itadaki would be the next victim of the shitty elitist meme. It's a good thing if they are known only by the manga community.
Johnnyd3rpAug 30, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2017
dvbx_073 said:
I would love to see a anime about billiards. hope they don't make it to gay.

Death parade and It's ova have billiards in them with stakes on the line which I guess counts? It's not the whole focus of it though. It would be cool to have a billiards only anime with Kaiji-esque feel to it.

Oct 2015
Billiards and Ice Hockey are two I'd love to see.
Aug 30, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2015
Competitive masturbation. I'd watch it.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 30, 2017 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
NeoAnkara said:

Badminton felt like it should be a popular anime . Beside Yamazaki doing Badminton in Gintama , it a very popular sport in Asia and Europe Maybe it didnt exist yet due to studio afraid it may not appease the Western fans
PraetorPat said:

Let hope that after Yuri on Ice become so popular , maybe we will get more winter sport anime .
CreativeNam3 said:
Id say Lacrosse probably. Nobody really plays it so it wouldnt make sense to make an anime for it.

Never heard of it before.
BatenKaitos said:

You mean Cricket . That only popular among the Indian subcontinent and England so it going to be pretty hard to make an anime out of that.
Aug 30, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2009
That white slaveowner game where they ride around on ponies and hit balls with sticks.

XquisiteWig said:
Billiards and Ice Hockey are two I'd love to see.

There's probably billiards in anime (there's a lot in manga), though probably no anime focused on it.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 30, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2017
Shiroyasha_97 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Badminton felt like it should be a popular anime . Beside Yamazaki doing Badminton in Gintama , it a very popular sport in Asia and Europe Maybe it didnt exist yet due to studio afraid it may not appease the Western fans
PraetorPat said:

Let hope that after Yuri on Ice become so popular , maybe we will get more winter sport anime .
CreativeNam3 said:

Never heard of it before.
BatenKaitos said:

You mean Cricket . That only popular among the Indian subcontinent and England so it going to be pretty hard to make an anime out of that.

aye I misspelled it then. Meant "croquet" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquet
Aug 30, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
kawaii96desu said:
Fencing? (no, not SAO, real fencing)
Bamboo Blade. Not really fencing, but it is the Japanese equivalent.

OT. Ice hockey, jockey, or sepak takraw(most SEA countries have their variation of this sport)
Aug 30, 2017 9:25 AM

Jan 2010
Oh I'd like to see badminton and more winter sports too!!

MMA if there haven't any yet

and MotoGP, wrestling...
Aug 30, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2017
Funny that there isn't an anime about sumo wrestling considering that it is a Japanese sport
Aug 30, 2017 9:36 AM
Dec 2016
Are there any anime about orienteering? If not, then orienteering might be cool. I don't know still how that could be turned nicely into an anime, but yeah...
Orienteering is fun..

All in all, I would like to see more orienteering in everything, ajshdkfdjfje...

/Oh, MMA is also interesting!
Aug 30, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
I think there isnt any Badminton anime/manga..
Also, yeah, weird there isnt any popular sumo anime (I can remember small comedy sumo arcs from anime/manga and stuff, but not anything else, really)
Aug 30, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2017
Shicchi said:

ATTACK ON TITAN.

CatSoul said:

But needs to be girls only, please.
Aug 30, 2017 10:40 AM

Mar 2017
BatenKaitos said:
cricket*

ot: oh I don't think there is any hockey anime iirc

but then again who would watch either of those lel
Aug 30, 2017 10:44 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Aussie Rules Football.... I mean, if American football can get an anime, then why can't my own. At least I'd watch it, and I don't like sports in genereal.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Aug 30, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2017
semi-realistic American football

Eyeshield 21 doesn't count, I wish that's how it went in real life
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 30, 2017 10:47 AM

Feb 2010
Polocrosse

Played this as a kid. Fun but rough on the horses. More contact oriented than polo.

Keiski said:
cricket*

I was thinking (s)he meant croquet
Aug 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
koolkai_123 said:
semi-realistic American football

Eyeshield 21 doesn't count, I wish that's how it went in real life

Come on, there's no way a person can cry like that every time. Pls... I couldn't count how many times MC has cried...

Aug 30, 2017 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
If we're being loose with the term 'sports', I've been dying for a Texas Hold Em poker anime.
Or like poker representation in anime besides shitty 5 Card Draw...

Oh yeah and ever since Teekyuu introduced me to kabaddi, I've been hoping for a kabaddi anime. It's such a weird, but interesting sport.
Aug 30, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2009
curling
polo
ultimate frisbee
jai-alai
racquetball
triathlon
running, specifically?
discus throwing
target shooting?
archery?
speedskating
luge
bobsledding
dogsled racing
water polo
windsurfing
skydiving
bungee jumping
mountain climbing?
extreme ironing
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 30, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2010
harshtruth said:
Funny that there isn't an anime about sumo wrestling considering that it is a Japanese sport

https://myanimelist.net/anime/22831/Abarenbou_Rikishi_Matsutarou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8216/Aa_Harimanada

+ some unsubbed ones as well

PraetorPat said:

these seem to be the only skiing ones:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19943/Eikou_e_no_Spur:_Igaya_Chiharu_Monogatari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23759/Oira_no_Ski

not to forget this glorious gem
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10627/Ski_Jumping_Pairs:_Road_to_Torino_2006

Shicchi said:
Oh I'd like to see badminton and more winter sports too!!

and MotoGP, wrestling...

For MMA there is Baki the Grappler and to some degree Strongest Disciple Kenichi too.

For motorcycle racing there's a bunch of unsubbed ones like
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5002/Bari_Bari_Densetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13553/Bakusou_Circuit_Roman_Twin
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3808/Futari_Daka
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9748/Kaze_wo_Nuke

For wrestling there's Tiger Mask and Kinnikuman and Kick-Heart
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 30, 2017 11:19 AM

Feb 2010
Johnnyd3rp said:
Kokou no Hito and Kamigami no Itadaki (climbing), they have the potential to become popular and loved by the anime community if well adapted.

But it's better if they don't adapt them, Kamigami no Itadaki would be the next victim of the shitty elitist meme. It's a good thing if they are known only by the manga community.

or not even known by the manga community xD
In any case if you didn't know there's been plans for a french animated movie adaption of Summit of the Gods:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-20/summit-of-the-gods-manga-gets-french-cg-animated-film/.83503

I'd honestly trust the french more with Taniguchi works because for a long time they've been the only ones that really appreciated him.

Tho the most recent news about it that I could fin is from 2016:
http://www.comicsandcola.com/2016/03/first-images-from-french-animated-film.html
Aug 30, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
Formula 1 or motorsports in general?

I know there are some out there but not really that much and considering how Motorsports is fairly popular in Japan (Super gt for example)
Aug 30, 2017 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
hockey on grass. like literally. imagine a scene how the characters appreciate the site of a grass field.
Aug 30, 2017 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
Would like to see

ice hockey
handball
body building
hip-hop dance

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 30, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2016
Can't wait for my Darts anime. Looking at real Darts, if that became an anime, it'd be the most amazingly over-the-top anime ever made
Aug 30, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
Pullman said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

In any case if you didn't know there's been plans for a french animated movie adaption of Summit of the Gods:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-20/summit-of-the-gods-manga-gets-french-cg-animated-film/.83503

I'd honestly trust the french more with Taniguchi works because for a long time they've been the only ones that really appreciated him.

http://www.comicsandcola.com/2016/03/first-images-from-french-animated-film.html

It's appreciated even here in Italy, pretty much all his manga are licensed. They are a bit pricey though. There is a good comic culture especially for the ones more "intellectual" than your classic Dragon Ball.
Aug 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2017
I have been searching for a Track and Field/Cross Country for over a year. If anyone has seen one, please let me know but to my knowledge, such a show sadly does not exist
Aug 30, 2017 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
CreativeNam3 said:

Hey, the original hot-headed heroin of the Precure franchise played this sport in Futari wa Precure !

There is even a Shônen JUMP sport manga about it: Cross Manage.

@Shortcircuit Capeta seemed a pretty good manga about karting, an anime was made out of it.

@Pullman Are you refering to the french live movie and theater adaptations of a certain Taniguchi manga for this trust? (asking out of curiosity, because last time I mentioned the movie among non-french people, nobody was believing me)
edit @Pullman My fault for this wrong assumption. I thought you were saying one could trust french for adapting Taniguchi's works. Because Haruka-na machi e was adapted under its french translated name Quartier lointain already twice by us: a theatrical movie and a theater piece.

CatSoul said:

You just reminded me about this horribly stupid japanese sport I discovered through a cultural video report: "air sex/masturbating". (in case you wonder, it works like "air guitar")
Rei_IIIAug 30, 2017 12:07 PM
Aug 30, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Not sure if it is a sport, but i'd like to see a billiard anime
Aug 30, 2017 11:43 AM

Feb 2010
Johnnyd3rp said:
Pullman said:

It's appreciated even here in Italy, pretty much all his manga are licensed. They are a bit pricey though. There is a good comic culture especially for the ones more "intellectual" than your classic Dragon Ball.

Well there is also appreciation for him in germany and probably other parts of europe at this point, but I think his works only started to be translated to other languages in the 2000s while the french already were onto him a good 10 years earlier. They even knighted him in 2011. In english many of his works are still not available, which is really a shame.

And in general I was referring to the online manga community on MAL etc, not so much about local communities. When I read the manga basically noone knew about it on this site and even tho the number of readers has doubled since then it is still extremely low. The Climber has like 15x as many readers so that's something I'd call 'known by the manga community', but Taniguchi is still very obscure outside of a few select circles of more 'sophisticated' european manga fans.
Aug 30, 2017 11:51 AM

May 2015
kawaii96desu said:
Here's some high quality fencing with mind games (even if it's not sub eng) https://youtu.be/442Zwa8N9w4?t=13m57s
zalAug 30, 2017 11:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
Pullman said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

Well there is also appreciation for him in germany and probably other parts of europe at this point, but I think his works only started to be translated to other languages in the 2000s while the french already were onto him a good 10 years earlier. They even knighted him in 2011. In english many of his works are still not available, which is really a shame.

And in general I was referring to the online manga community on MAL etc, not so much about local communities. When I read the manga basically noone knew about it on this site and even tho the number of readers has doubled since then it is still extremely low. The Climber has like 15x as many readers so that's something I'd call 'known by the manga community', but Taniguchi is still very obscure outside of a few select circles of more 'sophisticated' european manga fans.

Yes on MAL he's basically unkown but the community is quite small, a manga with 6k members can be considered quite popular here for example. Also for some manga you have to buy the psysical copies and after i read the threads about piracy i think it's a sin here to pay to enjoy a manga/anime.
Aug 30, 2017 11:56 AM

Oct 2016
NeoAnkara said:

I like it, i mean there are already a lot of tennis animes that were very good. Ofc the two is different but they are still similar nature. *-*
gut suggestion (y)
Aug 30, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
NeoAnkara said:

You'd think we would have one by now considering how popular it is among the Asian contingent including myself. If one were to arise, I'd expect something like Ping Pong if it goes the realistic route otherwise Prince of Tennis-esque for exaggeration purposes.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 30, 2017 12:00 PM

Feb 2010
Rei366 said:
CreativeNam3 said:

Hey, the original hot-headed heroin of the Precure franchise played this sport in Futari wa Precure !

There is even a Shônen JUMP sport manga about it: Cross Manage.

@Shortcircuit Capeta seemed a pretty good manga about karting, an anime was made out of it.

@Pullman Are you refering to the french live movie and theater adaptations of a certain Taniguchi manga for this trust? (asking out of curiosity, because last time I mentioned the movie among non-french people, nobody was believing me)

CatSoul said:

You just reminded me about this horribly stupid japanese sport I discovered through a cultural video report: "air sex/masturbating". (in case you wonder, it works like "air guitar")

not sure what you mean? I only know about the animated movie for Summit of the Gods, and I said I trust the french with Taniguchi because they've been into him for the longest time.
Aug 30, 2017 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
kawaii96desu said:

I haven't watched it, but I'm guessing there must be a lot of fencing in Versailles no Bara.
Aug 30, 2017 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
Bowling with Kuroko no Basket-style super powers. c:
Aug 30, 2017 12:16 PM
Jun 2017
Cheese rolling - Participants line up on the top of a hill. As soon as a cheese wheel is rolled down the hill, participants run and tumble down trying to catch the cheese. If no one catches it, first one across the finish line wins. One year they couldn’t host it due to lack of ambulances. That’s how you know it’s a sport. Now, I know you guys are probably expecting a cheesy pun, but I don’t really have any that are Gouda…

And Lawnmower racing (self-explanatory)

I genuinely think, if done right, these sports would make a great anime. Especially if they are comical.
Aug 30, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
Wheelchair soccer and Australian football are two that need anime.
Aug 30, 2017 12:24 PM
Dec 2013
I'd like to see badminton and cricket get turned into anime.
Aug 30, 2017 12:30 PM

May 2015
"Rhönrad"

It looks so awesome I can barely imagine what it looks like as anime
Aug 30, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
Skateboarding/snowboarding/inline skating/bmx/fmx and any number of other extreme sports.
Aug 30, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
there needs to be a badminton anime...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

49 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Cleverest Marketing Strategy? (from anime itself or source material)

NDskies - Nov 24, 2023

23 by Lhundrup »»
6 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹

Shizuna - Yesterday

45 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » ‘Does Everyone Hate Real World?’: Ghost In The Shell: Arise Director Bemoans The Rise Of Isekai Anime

deg - 9 hours ago

31 by Spunkert »»
10 minutes ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ? ( 1 2 3 )

Shomix - May 14

102 by TransferUser »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.