Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 22, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, Izetta can be so shy when meeting strangers.

This episode had more fan service than I had thought though. Pretty calm episode, glad to see Izetta doing better and she's making even more friends! Again, I think the show is trying to flesh out more of Izetta's character with the background storytelling including her past (which isn't pleasant imo). Looks like Fine got involved back then too. What a hero.

Oct 22, 2016 9:16 AM

Jul 2014
Izetta sure has big dreams (peace and prosperity for everyone? why not :-)).
It seems that it was Germania emperor who was looking for the witch (to discover how to use magic and use it as new weapon, I suppose).

Judging by the preview he knows that witch's powers have limitations.
Oct 22, 2016 9:27 AM

Aug 2016
Looks like Adolf dropped out of art school and became an architect

Oct 22, 2016 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
Hitler grew awfully tall in alternate Europe. He looks like a Nazi Jesus.

I wasn't too fond of the Izetta fanservice scenes in a show like this especially the groping scene. It's like every time the show has a good serious scene, they mess it up with fanservice. At least the bath scene led to magic explanation about why she can't use magic there. It's interesting to know she can't always use.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 22, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
A transition episode, more or less, but we have learn something important: that Izetta's powers are not omnipotent since they depends of those lines (and the words of the Germanian doctor in the preview only reinforces that statement). Good thing, since we now know the battles wouldn't be as one sided as I believe they would be (or so I hope).

Izetta seems very idealistic right now, with the thing of wanting Fine to create a new country and that stuff. Wonder how much the war will change her perception of that (if that thing is developed more, of course).

The fanservice scenes were really awkward, however. I'm not of the type of people who dislike it, but in a show about an alternate WWII, they don't really apport anything, well, except knowing a bit more about Ervira's character.
And speaking about Ervira, hearing Hanazawa voicing a character like her was weird... but hot at the same time.

The alternate Hitler looks manly and badass as fuck. Not sure how to feel about that.

The Elustatian man with the ponytail looks suspicious as fuck with the thing of announce to the world Izetta's existence... Maybe I'm overthinking it that much, but maybe he could be an spy? Only time will tell.
IllyricusOct 22, 2016 9:56 AM
Oct 22, 2016 9:53 AM

May 2012
Well, I liked the feel of this episode; it's like the calm before the storm.

I still don't like the purple/dark-haired ponytail dude

Oct 22, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
I really hope this Lotte girl will be Izetta's playmate for now. Aside from helping princess bringing peace not just to Elystadt.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 22, 2016 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, A little more light hearted than the previous ones.

There was some good Izetta fan service this episode, Personally I would have loved some Fine service as well. XD

Lot of background information on the origins of Izetta's magic, This should prevent most battles from too one sided. Most likely will become a battle to draw enemies to the areas with magic affinity. Though I'm sure at some point the Germanian Empire will come up with some kind of Nullifier.

AU Hitler looks cool, Wow. XD

We get the full flashback scene with Fine protecting Izetta, Everyone probably pieced it together by now but it was still nice to see Fine standing up for Izetta as a kid, Brave girl. :)

The most intriguing point of this episode for me was when Izetta's grandmother called the original White Witch a traitor, I suppose this means that the records of history that have been established in the Elystadt empire are not what they seem. Wonder if they will explore this point in the future.

Nice of Izetta to draw inspiration from Fine's speech and realize why she wanted to support Fine, To create an ideal world with equality and not conflict, As quixotic as that sounds I'm looking forward to see if they can realize that Utopian ideal or reach a different solution along the way.
Also Fine looked magnificent in that coronation outfit.
Oct 22, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2016
I loved all the characters introduced this episode, they are all well designed and interesting.
A bit of fanservice never harmed anyone ahah
They are also really pushing Izetta onto us, I thought her backstory would be revealed a bit slower. I'm happy to learn all about her powers and backstory though as they are very intriguing.
Oct 22, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
raise your flag. now theres potential of having a bad end.
Oct 22, 2016 10:21 AM

May 2016
Nezperdian said:
Can't wait to see how Izetta will screw up and ending killing the princess by her fault.

omg ahah, I was also thinking that the princess will die due to Izetta because of the opening.
Oct 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
The dialogue is as uninspired as ever, and now Izetta is being reduced to fanservice material... This anime is getting dumber by the episode,

Pretty boring overall, I really hope things get interesting soon because I'm on the verge of dropping it.
Oct 22, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2014
When that maid undressed Izetta tho :)

I stopped caring about the plot tbh
Oct 22, 2016 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
The flashback about the Princess protecting Izetta was nice!
Oct 22, 2016 10:51 AM

Sep 2014
A more light-hearted episode this week.Great to see how Izetta's power is limited based on the area she is.Lol didn't really expected the Germania leader to look like that.All these dialogues makes me suspicious how the series will turn out at the end as well.
Oct 22, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. After her father's untimely death, Finé plans on finally revealing Izetta to the public once her coronation comes. Izetta's goals when talking with her seem to be idealistic but interesting.
Oct 22, 2016 11:27 AM
May 2016
Good episode with some fanservice, though the bath scene did some explanation about her powers, and its source. So there's a secret place under the old castle.

Lelouch0202 said:

The most intriguing point of this episode for me was when Izetta's grandmother called the original White Witch a traitor, I suppose this means that the records of history that have been established in the Elystadt empire are not what they seem. Wonder if they will explore this point in the future.

Well me too that part really got my interest, looking forward to it.
Oct 22, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
Ley Lines are the witches power source.
The guy adviser and woman designer are obviously gonna betray Izetta :'(

On to the wedding :)

Oct 22, 2016 11:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
We learn about the Ley lines.

Feb 2013
Another good episode.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
HereComesTheSnow said:
Looks like Adolf dropped out of art school and became an architect

Nah, that was Albert Speer who was Adolf's architect and would become a major minister basically running the war economy at one point.

This image is actually consistent with the design he had envisioned for Berlin once the war was over. The new Berlin would be called...you guessed it... Germania.

I felt the fanservice was kinda out of place in this series. It doesn't really need it. Lets keep those hip and buttshots in Keijo!!.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 22, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2013
Good episode, and they don't waste time to mixed fanservice and dropping explanation here.

ichii_1 said:
Ley Lines are the witches power source.
The guy adviser and woman designer are obviously gonna betray Izetta :'(

I hope they are betraying them with good reason bc he seems like logic-type person.
megmicaOct 22, 2016 11:59 AM
Oct 22, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2014
Hitler sure looks different in anime

And really, was that fanservice necessary <.<

And white witch is a traitor, huh...
ShrimperorOct 22, 2016 12:21 PM
Oct 22, 2016 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
More of a cool down, occasionally fanservice-oriented episode, but we at least learned that Izetta's powers have some limitations. That sucks but I guess it stops her from being OP.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 22, 2016 12:44 PM

Jan 2016
I'm the last witch she says...
I got a feeling there are clones of her thanks to the first episode.
so doesn't she basically own everywhere within the lines?

Oct 22, 2016 12:51 PM
Apr 2014
Personally found this quite a weak episode after three extremely strong ones. And the fan-service/journalist lady... was a bit much. Enjoyed it still. Though I kinda feel that there /will/ be a fight where Izetta can't use her powers, which will probably royally fuck something up.
Oct 22, 2016 1:07 PM

May 2015
> United States of Atlanta

my sides... I can't take this show seriously anymore
Oct 22, 2016 1:13 PM

Sep 2015
Izetta's embarassed red face is so kawaii <3
Oct 22, 2016 1:26 PM
Mar 2016
So, now Izetta has her white attire, will the waunderwaffen guy appear and has something that would counter Izetta's powers?
Oct 22, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2009
Whoahoho said:
So, now Izetta has her white attire, will the waunderwaffen guy appear and has something that would counter Izetta's powers?

I doubt it. They'll probably just attack an area where her power is weak. I bet those "workshop" guys have a ley line map too.
Oct 22, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2016
Farabeuf said:

Nah, that was Albert Speer who was Adolf's architect and would become a major minister basically running the war economy at one point.

This image is actually consistent with the design he had envisioned for Berlin once the war was over. The new Berlin would be called...you guessed it... Germania.

Speer more along the lines molded Hitlers vision into what would have been Germania. The Volkshalle atleast was for the most part designed by Hitler himself, I wonder just how practical such a building would have been in real life.
Oct 22, 2016 1:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really like what they did in regards to explaining Izetta's abilities....This was a good way to regulate her power so that she can't be super OP all the time

It's nice because it allows for creativity to thrive for example, the plan that the princess' adviser came up with which imo is absolutely brilliant thinking....Gonna be interesting to see how mein fuhrer reacts to this

The history behind the White Witch is interesting and I'm kinda scared to see where this goes because it sounds like something dark and I'm worried for Izetta going on this path because I'm certain that shit will get real soon enough

Other than that, it was a pretty chill episode and I LOVED the parts with the Public Relations woman lmao
Oct 22, 2016 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
HereComesTheSnow said:
Farabeuf said:

Speer more along the lines molded Hitlers vision into what would have been Germania. The Volkshalle atleast was for the most part designed by Hitler himself, I wonder just how practical such a building would have been in real life.

When Hitler went to apply for a art school, he was told that he had more talent in architecture due to his detail to buildings and structures rather than the nature itself. Which points to him having talent in that area.
He never went for architecture as that would mean going back to highschool though.
But Albert Speers could of very well gave insight on areas that is not possible. Hitler himself might actually be a capable architect based on what is known about him.

This episode was pretty nice and calming. Didn't like the fan service.
I do like the talk about the white witch and her being a traitor. Might have some interesting background to it.
Izetta might do something she will regret pretending to be the white witch. Something this show will greatly benefit. So far Izetta and the princess is like the epitome of good which is very bland. And how everyone put Fine on the high pedestal.
Hopefully as Izetta gets more involved, it will give them more characterization and no longer appear that way.

I also really like that purple/black hair guy's thinking. The others doesn't seem to realize the potential use of Izetta as a diplomatic tool and morale purpose rather than just a weapon.
Oct 22, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2011
What Elystadt really needs right now is a military tactician who could come up with the best possible use for Izetta. I get the feeling Finé's round table is going to screw it up
Oct 22, 2016 2:04 PM
Jul 2009
Hikarusuke said:
What Elystadt really needs right now is a military tactician who could come up with the best possible use for Izetta. I get the feeling Finé's round table is going to screw it up

They don't seem to have a good tactician, unfortunately. I thought that could be Fine's role but it seems her good points are her charisma and diplomacy, not a tactical brain.

I guess Izetta will have to play things by ear. It's a good thing she's pretty clever on the battlefield.
Oct 22, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
The fanservice is really making this already mediocre anime worse...
Oct 22, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2016
This episode was great, she shared a really interesting information, for a minute i thought it could've been better if they would move out to the old castle so Izetta will be able to use her power to the maximum.
Oct 22, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2015
United States of Atlanta xD Way too much fanservice in this episode. It was off-putting and unnecessary. At least we got to see how Izetta's powers work. Alternate Hitler looks flashy and cool. It seems he knew witches are real.
Oct 22, 2016 5:09 PM

May 2015
More of a calm before the storm episode. I loved it. Seems like Izetta isn't always that OP. Can't wait to see what will come next.

Oct 22, 2016 5:39 PM
Sep 2015
Izetta and Fine held hands at the end :D
Oct 22, 2016 5:44 PM

Dec 2013
"World peace " haaa,nice explanation of the witch power, now we can understand why she was overpowered in the last episode and why she was little weaker in 2.episode and lost her power later
And using her as propaganda was really clever choice, I like that she has a weakness and not absolute power ,handsome "hitler" lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 2016
The level keeps on falling down down down, stupid fan-service sure does help.

A bit of Keijoo feel here! Just do it already! Next episode Izetta in white witch swimsuits knocking tanks over with her magical butt!

The Voice acting for Izetta is awful (just my taste of course).
As for Izetta level of reflexion : never ask yourself why all people having known the witches secret were killed. At least that's consistent writing, she seems an idiot before and is now definitely an idiot.

So many other things went wrong in this episode. The only true good point here : the traitor flag. Thanks Gran' Ma'!
At least something interesting might appear between the different boobs rubbing and ass shooting actions. can't wait ... well ...
Oct 22, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2016
I highly suspect that the grandmother called the first White Witch a traitor because she helped the people. I remember in one of the past episodes that her grandmother told her not to use her powers to help humans or something, and then later on before helping Fine, Izetta apologised to her grandmother. And now Izetta is basically betraying her own people as well, though she's the last witch... I think soon enough they will tell us exactly what the first White Witch did.

Hm, I think this episode was somewhat better than the second and third episodes. Some more background information about Izetta and Fine and also the witch's power source.
Oct 22, 2016 6:28 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Fine. I never like hearing Saori Hayami (Fine's VA) cry or be sad. I kinda feel her pain as well sometimes like in AnoHana and Oregairu. After recognizing Nao Touyama in Lotte, I just realized this series is stacked with notable VA's when I looked at the cast.

Nice bit of fanservice there. Lotte is an adorable maid. I do like Izetta's new outfit, she's more witch like now and Fine's royal coronation outfit is kinda...weird. It's more befitting of a Prince rather than a Princess, but I guess it fits for Fine and her tomboy-ish personality.

Looks like Izetta's powers have a limit as long as ley lines exist around her. Now we know how Izetta was first captured, which will lead me to believe that the info of her weakness will be exposed by those who caught her before. Also, there are an absurd amount of death flags everywhere. Let's just hope it's all a tease and they have a happy ending.

4/5- A cool down episode of sorts that explains the extent of Izetta's powers and more backstory for Fine and Izetta's history.
TehSnawnOct 22, 2016 6:31 PM

Oct 22, 2016 6:31 PM
Jul 2009
TehSnawn said:
more backstory for Fine and Izetta's history.

As if. They didn't reveal anything new. They just repeated what we already knew.
1idd0kunOct 22, 2016 6:35 PM
Oct 22, 2016 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
1idd0kun said:
TehSnawn said:
more backstory for Fine and Izetta's history.

As if. They didn't reveal anything knew. They just repeated what we already know.

True, though there was more dialogue this time. We the viewers pretty much know what was happening but it was nice to see it finally played out so their story can advance some more.

Btw, where is that adorable corgi?

Oct 22, 2016 6:43 PM
Jul 2009
TehSnawn said:
1idd0kun said:

As if. They didn't reveal anything knew. They just repeated what we already know.

True, though there was more dialogue this time. We the viewers pretty much know what was happening but it was nice to see it finally played out so their story can advance some more.

It's not like the story couldn't advance without it. It was frankly a waste of time. They should use flashbacks to reveal knew stuff.
Oct 22, 2016 6:46 PM

Sep 2013
1idd0kun said:
TehSnawn said:

It's not like the story couldn't advance without it. It was frankly a waste of time. They should use flashbacks to reveal knew stuff.

I think its used more for character building for Fine and Izetta. When I said story, I meant the story between Izetta and Fine, not the overall series progression.

Oct 22, 2016 6:56 PM
Jul 2009
TehSnawn said:
1idd0kun said:

I think its used more for character building for Fine and Izetta. When I said story, I meant the story between Izetta and Fine, not the overall series progression.

They aren't doing any character building by repeating information we already have. We haven't learned anything knew about Izetta and Fine, and their relationship since episode 2.

Actualy, repeating the same stuff over and over makes them look one-dimensional. It's like there's nothing else to their character. Fine is a paragon of virtue, a saintly figure, and Izetta worships her out of gratitude. That's pretty much all there is to their relationship.
1idd0kunOct 22, 2016 7:00 PM
Oct 22, 2016 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
While i definitely agree that the fanservice does feel out of place here, its not used too much so i dont really mind, besides that though, not too eventful of an episode, but it was nice to have a more calm episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

144 by Muow »»
Feb 6, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

128 by Karcharias_Iraes »»
Nov 8, 2023 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.