Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2016 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Literally a magical battle in the airs between the two witches for the finale. I guess they had to go with this route since it's both sides' strongest weapon at this point. (neat music they used during the fight imo)

We also got a bit of the aftermath from that magical flight from the previous episode between Fine and Izetta as the princess questions what Izetta is fighting for. So in essence, everything led up to this point. I pretty much expected it to be a power struggle not to mention a reflection of the war events. Looks like Izetta survived the war in the end but bound to a wheelchair.
Stark700Dec 17, 2016 6:26 AM
Dec 17, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
Oh shit, looks like I spoiled myself a little by checking this topic :p
Dec 17, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
I do not understand the ending implies that they are a couple or authors nevertheless decided to make an open ending? I wonder if there is not, for, Izetta quite obviously fall in love.
RobertBobertDec 17, 2016 7:03 AM
Dec 17, 2016 7:54 AM
Jul 2009
Pretty meh episode. But I guess it fits such a mediocre show.

Oh well, I guess now I can forget about it and move on.
Dec 17, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
6/10. Good fight I guess, but the show bored me sometimes. Fine and Izetta were pretty meh characters, but Bianca was pretty cool.
Dec 17, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2008
6/10

That's a hell of a cop out ending, I don't think Izetta should've survived that fight, everything was pointing to an epic heroic sacrifice. It really let down the series hard.

Dec 17, 2016 9:13 AM
Jun 2015
Wow another hayamin rant - reminded me of hatoko!

6/10 - Could had lessen the fanservice.
Dec 17, 2016 9:16 AM

Sep 2015
Ofc she survived :) :) :)
Average anime overall, the beginning was great but the plot became weaker episode after episode
7/10 ... why did she survive though
Dec 17, 2016 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
If only creators knew where to focus the story (either war & politics or characters drama) it would be great anime. But it was all over the place and ended as only good one.

7/10 from me.
Dec 17, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2012
I felt it went downhill since Sophie's introduction, was really enjoying it before that. So... Izetta's alive? Why the tease and having her face cut off? Is she a grandma now or just extremely feeble since most her life span was taken away?

6/10 from me

Izetta herself pretty much saved it for me though

Dec 17, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
That was pleasantly underwhelming, but pleasant nonetheless.
6/10
Dec 17, 2016 9:25 AM
Jan 2013
Glad Izetta survived
Dec 17, 2016 9:26 AM
Apr 2016
Some how such an Sad ending. But on the other Side, the Ending is ok.
*Spoiler*
Izetta is not death in the end this makes me somehow happy again.

Hopefully there will be a new season... but atm I dont think so ;/
Rem is my Waifu!
Dec 17, 2016 9:27 AM
Feb 2016
i was kinda hoping for fine to kiss izetta when they were on top that mountain... sadly i was left with a hug ;-;.
Dec 17, 2016 9:30 AM
Apr 2016
KpopLovingOtaku said:
i was kinda hoping for fine to kiss izetta when they were on top that mountain... sadly i was left with a hug ;-;.
Haha so true... #rip im dead now :(
Rem is my Waifu!
Dec 17, 2016 9:34 AM
Apr 2016
And with that, I hope every existence on this planet had enough of generic alternative history. Let it be so, oh let it.
Re:formed
Dec 17, 2016 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
Olem said:
I felt it went downhill since Sophie's introduction, was really enjoying it before that. So... Izetta's alive? Why the tease and having her face cut off? Is she a grandma now or just extremely feeble since most her life span was taken away?

6/10 from me

Izetta herself pretty much saved it for me though

She seemed to be in a vegetative state.

Dec 17, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2015
It reminds me a lot of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. I was entertained, so it's at least a B for me.
Dec 17, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Well this was an expected ending, It was still a nice one nonetheless.

The inevitable Izetta vs Sophie happens, I guess I wanted a little more but time constraints I guess. Ended with a magical ball contest.

Fine's speech in the conference was nice, Her VA did a really good job, You could feel the emotion in that speech.

Well they ended it just shortly after with a summary of the war that supposedly happened. Happy that Izetta survived, her death would have been quite heroic though. Well either was fine with me anyway.

AU Hitler committed suicide too. XD

Overall, This show definitely started with huge promise, They could have done a lot in terms of war, political drama and characters. There was a lot of potential for various events to happen, characters explored and a much stronger emotional impact. Since it was only 1 cour they probably should have tried to focus on something, I guess the problem was that they made Izetta way too OP and had no choice but to introduce an antagonist like Sophie to try and even things up which resulted in the show becoming a little bland towards the end. I also felt the relationship between Fine and Izetta could have been fleshed out better, Like the parts in the last episode where they go on that small outing. We needed more of those. AU Hitler was pretty much left in the dark, they should have done something with him rather than just appearing from time to time.
Despite everything I said, I still enjoyed the show, I think it could have been better if it was 2 cour given they wanted to fit in some light hearted episodes in the middle.

7/10 , It was enjoyable and fun but had potential to be better.

Also this might be off topic, but I think the recent movie Hacksaw Ridge is an example of a war story done right.
Dec 17, 2016 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Lots of flying object and it's NOT not the witches "default" weapon alright. Not to mention that both Sophie and Izetta having chit-chat more than the battle. Just some object throwing, whip using train, tower destroying... And for the final is "tap the button fast!!!" red Gaia Force.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 17, 2016 9:45 AM

Sep 2016
The final fight between Izetta and Sophie was pretty cool as they were both equal in power. I'm honestly surprised that Izetta somehow survived as I thought for sure she would've died. The way the rest of the war was pretty standard as his majesty took his life and they eventually lost. Nothing special there.

Overall, the show was ok, but I was kinda disappointed in it. The music, action scenes and graphics were great, but everything else felt too shallow. I think if they expanded on the character development and the lore about the witches more it could've been much better. I think they played it too safe with this one which is unfortunate. Not a bad show, but nothing special either.

I give it a 7/10. Again, the show wasn't bad as it didnt have too many negatives, but it just felt hollow with the characters and the world building. They could've done so much more with that but they didnt. Felt way too safe of an anime.
AngeryBlueBerryDec 17, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Yea, this show was bad. This is why you should never trust PVs. I'm not going to remember this come tomorrow.

3/10

May 2012
Hoppy said:

She seemed to be in a vegetative state.

You sure? You can see her turn her head towards Fine then Lotte in the final scene, when they come out to the porch

Dec 17, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2012
#YuriIsASin

If this got any gayer I would have lost my sanctity.
Dec 17, 2016 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
well good thing ship is alive but wish izzeta dead or never confir if she alive
Into the Internet!
Dec 17, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
I genuinely can't tell whether I liked or didn't like this show, I have literally no strong feelings either way and its a damn shame because it had such an interesting premise.

I think the biggest problem for me was that I just didn't care for Izetta at all, give me a spin off about Berkman, he was great. Also they turned Sophie from an interesting character to someone just acting crazy in the last fight, I wasn't particularly keen on that

An average episode for an average show and it breaks my damn heart

Overall a 5/10 maybe a 6/10 at a push
Get your shit straight Brenda
Dec 17, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
yes, i was quite dissapointed a bit, but it was entertaining at least 7/10 to be honest if they killed izetta it would have more impact
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 17, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
Fine's speech when she was crying was really well done. Best part of the episode. But ya overall was just an average anime.
Dec 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Nov 2010
So many degenerates in this thread.
Dec 17, 2016 10:12 AM
Nov 2014
I feel exactly the same, I guess people come in the forums just to trash things instead of interesting discussion.
Dec 17, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
It was a nice ending overall. The final battle was cool, the main characters had a happy ending (I honestly expected that, for some reason), Alternate Hitler also commited suicide and best boy Berckman survived pulling the classic "Nazi travels to America" card. In general, it looked like a pretty closed ending, and I'm happy of that.

About the series, it has been my most dissapointing series this season. The PVs and trailers looked much better of what it turned to be at the end. While the series looked very pretty and has a noticeable OST, the fact that the series didn't knew what it wanted to be (at times was a belical drama, other times was a character drama, then the series pulled out silly fanservice scenes, then we have yuribait scenes, later they introduced the love story between Bianca and the Germanian soldier who didn't came to fruition...) and that it took a weird direction with the White Witch tale (who has sense since the series is about Izetta and not about the war, but I didn't liked the path it took), made this underwhelming, to say the least.

It didn't help too that I wasn't able to connect with the majority of the characters (doesn't helps too that some of them were totally unnecessary and that only served to create fanservice situations, like Elvira, and others could had a nice potential, but were executed poorly, like Sieg). Especially bad in the case of Izetta, whose character I found meh at best. I honestly found Berckman and the antagonists more interesting.

5/10. I wish I could gave this a higher score, but considering it execution, it's the right score it deserves imo.
IllyricusDec 19, 2016 4:07 AM
Dec 17, 2016 10:26 AM

May 2010
could have been alot better but overall i enjoyed it 7/10
Dec 17, 2016 10:29 AM
Sep 2011
I loved this show from episode 1. I'm not usually a big fan of history or any of the world wars in real life but this was really awesome. There were times I wished Fine and Izetta would kiss but they didn't!!!! :(
BIANCA is also cool
Dec 17, 2016 10:34 AM
Apr 2016
Gersen said:
So many degenerates in this thread.
StevePen387 said:
I feel exactly the same, I guess people come in the forums just to trash things instead of interesting discussion.

You can not really insult others and feel domination. This is not how it works. You do not even link the insult to the reason, making your whole sentence devoid of logic! If you really liked this generic piece of alternative history THEN SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR IT AND TRY TO DEFEND IT YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING SHUT-INS!
Re:formed
Dec 17, 2016 10:43 AM

May 2016
There were countless asspulls done in this series by both the main character and the villain that I am honestly not surprised that Izetta is somehow alive from all that.
Dec 17, 2016 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
I'm just happy that Fine and Izetta got the secret lesbian love nest they deserve in the end.
Dec 17, 2016 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
Damn that witch battle was pretty cool, not gonna lie. Just an all out magical brawl. I'm surprised no one made a reference to DBZ spirit bombs yet.

I think it would have been nice to actually have Izetta die though. The fact that the gem eats away at her life, along with her last attack with that magic bomb thing, really made it seem like she was a goner (plus the episode is named after her as well, and that usually hints at a death).

Overall I think this was an ok show. Even now, I'm still unsure of how I completely feel about the show. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either, so I guess it makes sense to give it a 5/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 17, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2011
It was just ok that it somehow makes itself not ok.I have a strong feeling that the writers just wanted this over and done with, judging by the "summary" of events after the witch fight which just boiled down to a watered down Itano Circus and Spirit Bomb competition. It is a shame since the anime had a strong start.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
Well, this was sort of underwhelming. Not the best series, but certainly not the worst, I'll take it any day over a trashy LN adaptation. Overall, I always appreciate original anime series.

6/10
alpha_shadowDec 26, 2016 3:45 AM
:3
Dec 17, 2016 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
I actually like this anime but I didn't like this ending at all really disappointing to me, They weren't brave enough to sacrifice izetta and gave the anime a proper ending,so they thought "lets just paralysis her, (and not show how bad she is so everyone can thinks about it as he wants) so she is not fully alive and not dead too so everyone will be happy", No One ever can make everyone happy so have some balls.
And to solve the problem of clones and the witch energy in the bottles lets make izetta absorb all the magic energy and Chanel it to the space REALLY!!, (of course only the bad witche die lol) and now we don't have to think of alternative ending(because we are lazy ) and we can gave this anime the same ww2 ending.
And yes Berckmann gave America the secret of the atom bomb After surviving from direct shot really!
This anime had the potential to be a masterpiece but what a waste:((
AlhakamDec 18, 2016 1:48 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2016
Such a good ending :D, 8/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 17, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
It gets a 7/10 from be, but only because Izetta survived and defied that horrible, horrible death trope.
That was a good thing, imo. After all we've been through in 2016 :'D
So yeah, otherwise it would've been a 6/10.
« KILL WITCHES GET BITCHES »
– official 魔法少女 “mahou shoujo“ credo
Dec 17, 2016 11:38 AM
Sep 2016
**Meanwhile in the Emperor's Kaiserbunker**

"FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN, FEGELEIN!!!" *shoots himself*

I feel sick. What the hell was that? I've watched really bad endings before, but this has to be the single worst I've seen. Seriously. They couldn't even be arsed to kill off the witch, oh no. The bloody scissoring has to continue.

This was absolutely awful. They literally made Izetta the single most OP character I've ever seen. With that Deus Ex Machina rock she can probably take on entire legions of Adeptus Astartes. And not only that, they absolutely destroyed their own (already deplorable) world building in order to do so.
Dec 17, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2015
Was alright, found it to be a bit boring at times in the first half but it picked up a bit in the second half. Enjoyed it enough to not regret watching it. One thing I really enjoyed was the soundtrack though, especially the last couple of episodes. Personally I would have preferred it if Izetta had died, I have a hard time believing she survived with what she had to do. Oh well.

6/10
Dec 17, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
this series did start out really good imo but then after some time it just got really dumb... as for this final ep the fight between the witches was nice and of course the end of the ep was nice enough for a good ending as she was still alive and all but thats about it

i would have liked just alittle bit more and for them to actually show her face and all but was good enough
"one step at a time"
Dec 17, 2016 12:06 PM

May 2015
Started alright.... but it felt apart as it went on. The original idea had potential for something better.

Nothing memorable, but fun at times. Izetta should have died though.

4/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 17, 2016 12:11 PM
Oct 2016
Im really disapointed of how this series ended !!/it went downhill since sophie gets introduced to the show !! This could be a lot better
A lot of plot holes and didnt like the soundtrack !# that ending ??? Why did she survive that made no.sense
6/10 for me
It really sad because i loved this show and i hoped it would be better
staritossDec 17, 2016 12:50 PM
Dec 17, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2016
Matthias is a huge jerk. Not only did he parade Sophie in front of his wife and country (to the point that they write fairy tales about their love story), but then he made his main chick to get rid of his side chick for the sake of his country. It's almost like he felt like Sophie's love was too much and since he was dying he decided to do this instead of breaking this off in the first place. Sophie's intense love for him and Izetta's intense love for Fine kind of shows how witches don't make good lovers. (at least on this show) It might be fun and crazy in the beginning, but then they keep talking about how much they're willing to die for you and do anything for you. But if you cross them, they that will quickly turn into intense hate.

Shuumatsu no Izetta - don't get with crazy witch side chicks

Sophie and Izetta's fight probably killed a lot of people.

When they both had their hands up as they gathered all the world's snot magic I felt like it would have been better if it also caused an atomic bomb type level of explosion. For it to fizzle out into one column like that felt like a ho-hum sort of thing.

Germania's quick defeat...hmmm. I feel like they could have done more with that. I know Hitler killed himself, with his wife joining in on the fun with a pill, but I guess it's implied here that his lover decided to not die with him, but kill him instead.

Izetta not dying....I don't mind happy endings, but considering the topic of the show Izetta should have died. It would have been a better ending if it did.
MonoJuMalDec 17, 2016 12:42 PM
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 17, 2016 12:28 PM
Apr 2016
Well the Mahou WW2 ends
it had a great beginning but each episode felt weeker i think this show had the potencial to be fantastic but it was all over the place. i think they didn't know what to do with the plot and i really lost the interest with sophie.

talking about this episode i had to admit for me i really liked it. the fight the speach of fine, the touching part of izetta (execpt that she survived WTF).
and the ED song in this episode was on point.

I would give this show a 6. it was ok.
Dec 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2016
Pretty nice ending. Overall I have to give a 7/10
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

144 by Muow »»
Feb 6, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

128 by Karcharias_Iraes »»
Nov 8, 2023 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.