Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Apr 9, 2016 7:05 PM

Aug 2014
Second best episode after episode 11, Makishima is kick-ass here, one of the best antagonists tbh.
Though I predicted that Akane will save Kagari.
Excellent Episode.
Apr 22, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2014
Well, it was obvious that Kagari was going to die in that episode when Shinya told him, "Don't do anything reckless!", just like he did with Sasayama... who eventually died as well. Hopefully we find more about his past.

May 22, 2016 12:04 AM

Aug 2010
Wow that fight between Kogami and Makishima was pretty badass!!

The chief was full of mystery but it wasn't that shocking that she turned out to be a robot though her appearance to kill Choi was surprising. The denominator looked like it was deforming, so I wonder if Kagari got shot? It was a paralyzer shot, but what's with Kagari's smile....he's not gonna die right because usually those flashbacks are one of those death flags...

Now they make me curious as to what's inside the chamber. What if it's like some terrestrial being or some kind of life form being trapped on to machines? XD

If the chief is a robot, I wonder if Makishima is also a robot since the chief seems to be familiar to Makishima, calling him "Shogo-kun" and not to mention their similar outward appearance (that hair colour....)
Jun 11, 2016 8:18 AM

Mar 2016
nuuuuuuuu kagariiii .・゚゚・(/ω\)・゚゚・.
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 2, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2012
ShoutaAzuma said:
Waiting for the sub to arrive.

Time to see if this episode is truly (that's what they said) Urobuchi's "masterpiece".

*Edited*
Just watched. I knew the chief is the main antagonist and Shougo is just an anti-hero who use brute force to achieve his goal in the end, but never expect that she

Now I wonder who she really is and what is her connection with Shougo. Plus, R.I.P Kagari Shuusei...
well is more complicated but it was to be expected.
Aug 29, 2016 6:33 PM
Jun 2010
Oh... My... God Akane bitch seriously? Can't do batshit in real life and just sneaks up behind Shougo and knocks him out? Lame AF, just like the bitch. Couldn't even kill him in the end. Useless tomboy slut. I hate it so much when they make plotholes and make villains idiots suddenly just to make "good guys" win. Seriously? Super hacker didn't even predict, notice or hamper blonde girl from hacking security cameras? Take out 4 armed masked men alone? Just shoot needles with that gun? Seriously? And that too only 1 hits? Shougo totally didn't expect Akane? Seriously?
Nov 12, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2016
KILL HIM!!!! KILL HIM!!! omg lady inspector such a pussy!!!
oh another Major plot twist, good good, the best episode so far
too bad one of my fav character die tho
Nov 18, 2016 10:15 PM

Sep 2015
Omg kill him, Shogo is prob gonna escape or some shyt cause he's so smart and will prob kill more ppl. But it seems the S.System might be bad as Shogo says.
Jan 20, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2016
Everyone's saying Makishima totally owned Kogami but in Kogami's defense, he already fought 3 people and had a gunshot and slash wounds so I'm pretty sure he would've beaten Makishima had he also been in top shape
Feb 5, 2017 8:14 AM

May 2016
I hope that Kagari is not dead please no, we have seen a basic view of the Sybyl system on the reflection of the chief's glass anyone who see's it must die.
Apr 19, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2010
The bliss I felt when Makishima was hit in his freaking head by Akane. That's what you get focusing too much on Kougami and underestimating her. For once, he showed a reaction.
She's too kind. She didn't kill him and arrested him instead.

That grandma president or whatever was suspicious since a long time ago, damn her. Kagari didn't deserved that, he was a bro.
May 7, 2017 8:05 PM

Sep 2016
So.. that was the scene shown in the first episode
May 21, 2017 3:35 PM

Apr 2017
I'm glad the writers didn't try to find a way out for Kagari, and that Kagari realized and accepted the inevitability/necessity of his own death.

Now what could be so hideous about the Sibyl System...? (just my speculation ahead) The worst thing I can imagine would be that it uses some form of bio-technical interface to use the power of the human brain to augment the power of a supercomputer. There could be lots of human "corpses" in the basement to provide the computational power.

Even if that were the case, I ask myself "So what?" Everything humans do is subject to our desires and needs. We use animals in medical research to help millions of humans (and non-human species) live better lives; but we are not required to do this—there is no universal mandate saying "medicine is good." When considering whether the use of an animal for any unnatural purpose is justified, the cost and reward of this use must be evaluated. If the potential benefits were great enough... like happiness for all humans, a cooperative interaction between humans and nature... what cost would be too great? Millions of lives have been lost to war, genocide, hunger, and crime. Would not prevention of such atrocities in the future be worth the lives of even thousands of humans?

Therefore, if the Sibyl System involves a bunch of human brains and this show attempts to paint it as a horrific thing, without providing some justification for that view I have neglected to consider, I will be disappointed.
Thorn_WallMay 21, 2017 3:41 PM
Jun 22, 2017 9:27 PM

May 2013
NUUUUUUUUUUUU. Don't kill Kagari!!!!! I like him and Kou the most TTATT

How the heck did Maki dodge and counter all of Kou's attacks but then get knocked out by the most useless character ever? Lol -.- But while she was the one who hit Maki, should've done Yuki a favor and hit him with the helmet again to avenge her death, but nooooo. Still weak af >.>
Jul 24, 2017 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
The fight scene between Kogami and Makishima was simply brilliant, though I found a bit anticlimactic the way the latter was arrested. It wasn't bad, I was just expecting something more epic.
Poor Kagari, though I admit there was a huge death flag on him what with going on his own and kogami telling him not to do anything reckless. I am very intrigued by the ending though. I wonder about the Chief and Sibyl's identity which is something they clearly don't want to be found out.
Sep 4, 2017 4:56 PM
Jan 2012
Fantastic episode. Rest in pieces, Kagari.

Sep 9, 2017 7:55 AM
Sep 2017
How do the helmets trick the dominators in this episode? I thought they copied the pyscho pass of person witha clear hue nearby so how did they get past the guard bots in the tower?
Oct 2, 2018 6:34 AM

Jan 2017
Kagari is one of the characters that I personally liked and I'm really torn because a lot of people are saying that he's dead and i cant.

I was so relief when the dominator said that it will launch a non lethal paralyzer but then the dominator's physical form turned to decomposer (whatever they call it) and i just cant deal with this.

It cant be Kagari. We don't even know his backstory yet. It just cant be him. I just cant accept it right now.

Sorry for my English.
Dec 28, 2018 4:55 AM

May 2016
Makishima volunteered as a diversion and he promptly duked it out with Shinya with very heavy-hitting hand to hand combat and he would've had won if it weren't for the helmet of his own creation smacking him straight in the skull with a satisfying whack. Akane didn't have the will to take revenge for her friend and arrested her target as per Ginoza's orders that came from the chief herself, but what came after made that a terribly big mistake.

Choe and Kagari ended up seeing an unspeakable cosmic truth and the former got blown up by the Dominator held by the chief who turned out to be a very menacing android after all. It was initially set to paralyzing mode but the gun transforming and flashing that bright really isn't something you'd call non-lethal. He might've been spared from getting blown up, but getting vaporized isn't really a better way to go. The fun rambunctious ones had to be the ones to go...

Feb 7, 2019 7:27 PM

Nov 2017
This was an exhilarating episode. Go, Akane! Arrest that bastard! But damn, poor Kagari. Well, at least he died smiling
Mar 11, 2019 6:00 AM

Mar 2019
Damn sucks to be Kagari :( seemed like such a cool guy as well, so now the chief is the villain and continues to hide the true Sybil system.
Mar 23, 2019 5:24 PM

Nov 2016
This was a friggin intense episode. Hope they tell us the whole truth about the Sibyl System soon.

But damn Kagari, please be live man.
FMmatronMar 23, 2019 5:47 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 1:21 AM
Oct 2018
Animation, music, and hype this episode was crazy. great one!
Apr 18, 2019 12:57 PM

Nov 2017
God damn it, this episode was amazing! Especially the old-fashioned fist fight between Kougami and Makishima, I truly enjoyed this!

May 20, 2019 2:05 PM
Feb 2017
shinezu said:
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.

Wow just wow. Kogami is a beast and Shogo owned him with such an ease; though I half-expected a longer conversation between them. I'm pleasantly surprised that Akane keeps her shit together. Sibyl system environment looks precisely how I pictured it to be. And dammit, I called it that chief lady is a cyborg/android.

I wonder if Kagari is truly finished.
wasnt kagami Injured?
Jun 2, 2019 12:09 AM

Aug 2017
Makishima vs Kougami.

Wait, nooooo, Kagari is killed!! I'm going to miss him.

wtf the Chief is a robot. And she can overwrite the Dominator lmao.

It was a very good episode. My only issue is that Makishima being defeated by Akane. I mean, wtf is that. Forced. At least she was able to resist her desire for revenge and avoided becoming a murderer herself.

What next? What's inside the chamber?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 1, 2019 3:10 PM

Feb 2017
This episode was... shit, though. 10.5/10
For the first time in this series i started to like Kagari. Before this episode, he was just "noisy-energetic supporting character" for me.
It's all changed after his conversation with the cracker guy.
He is more than that. Then shits happen, i don't usually watch anime ed song.
I just realized that the song's lyric is very suitable for this episode. I'm even rewatch the scene and his smile before his death hurts my heart even more.

Jul 7, 2019 5:45 AM

Dec 2014
ok the cheif was also a robot or something...like what happened
Jul 9, 2019 9:24 AM

Dec 2018
Well most of my guess was right.

Akane's CC could be increasing after he knock Makishima.

So many deathflag for Kagari and it did really happened. Kagari didn't even try to dodge the Dominator.

So the Chief can control the Dominator's form at will. Then she could kill Makishima with the Dominator.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 23, 2019 9:17 AM

May 2016
Damn that one detective dude died. And I feel absolutely nothing for him because the show made it obvious straight away that he was going to die when he split off alone. That, and I didn't even know him--the show has given him barely any time at all to shine or develop in these 16 episodes (16!!). So yeah... I really hope they didn't intend that to be an emotional shock.
However, that Terminator reveal at the end there and his subsequent death scene were definitely fucking cool. I wonder what he and the hacker guy saw! Don't tell me it's humans clones/they're using brains please... Also Akane hitting Shougo in the head was cathartic as fuck, even if that whole bit afterwards was a bit too silly (as if Akane was going to kill him there...)
ZaugrJul 23, 2019 9:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2019 2:34 AM
Sep 2018
Eudaimonia said:
In the end Akane was able to resist her desire for revenge and avoided becoming a murderer herself, as such her behaviour is certainly applaudable as she didn't let her own emotions get the better of her.

The fight choreography alone would have made this episode worthwhile already. However, I wonder what will happen now after the first climax of this series, since the only two witnesses of what the truth behind the Sybil System supposedly got annihilated and Makishima got finally captured.
I guess, it wouldn't be a surprise if he continues pulling the strings even when put behind bars.

Bro this is bs murder or not shes fucking weak ass minded let alone if she only killed him earlier her friend wouldnt be dead this is the definition of people that cant do crap when the situation is high stakes in this case she shouldn't have enlisted as a detective knowing heads and killing are involved her job is to protect citizens yet because of her weak mind of "OH I DONT WANT TO KILL BECAUSE ITS UNETHICAL" IS FUCKING RIDICULES THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE ARE ONES THAT END UP KILLING MORE BECAUSE THEY CANT DECIDE FOR WHAT'S BEST!!!!!!!!!
Aug 7, 2019 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
The fight was good but very mixed feeling about reveal towards the end. Now it opened a bunch of questions.
Dec 11, 2019 6:35 PM

Nov 2016
So Akane got hold of her vengeance over the mission, I knew she had it on her, but I wonder if it was the best choice. And no, Kagari... don't die, it was indeed in non fatal mode, but it showed some weird change in its shape, like when on destroyer mode. Be allright Kagari..
Dec 20, 2019 8:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
No, not Kagari! Darn it! I knew this whole System was messed up to the core but I imagine it could be even worse than my imagination, can't wait to see that! God, I finally get why last episode's ED disruption stood out to me, she didn't quite human-like to say the least.

Meanwhile, Akane has gotten her revenge. Tough lad to hold back there but that's Akane through and through. Cool fist fight between Makishima and Kougami by the way, some dope choreography to boot! I wonder what else Makishima might've set up in advance.

Lots of questions... But hyped for the finale, looks like I'll be having to stay up for quite a while after all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 5, 2020 10:06 PM

Jan 2018
RIP Kagari, the only ray of sunshine in that dystopian world, your effort to fulfill your mission will not be in vain. Kogami will avenge you.
Mar 4, 2020 7:16 PM

Dec 2019
Nooo my boy Shusei :( i always knew something was wrong with this inspector whatever she is called.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 10, 2020 7:53 PM

Aug 2007
If Kagari died, I don't feel much from the impact. I felt he didn't get much backstory at all...

May 12, 2020 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
Best boi ;__________;
May 16, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2019
I agree with Makishima. I don't know who invented the Sibyl system, but it seems like someone changed the system like their commander. (Machine lol)
lettuce<3
May 26, 2020 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
Y'all-

They-

._.

Also props to Akane for arresting Shougo rather than killing him cause I'm sure she wanted to.. so badly.
Jun 16, 2020 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
Kagari my BABY T.T
This hurts just as much (if not more??) as the first time I watched this anime ;-;
Jul 15, 2020 5:47 PM
Oct 2019
Well that sucks, indeed. Kagari couldn't have said it any better.

Didn't expect the Chief to be a machine. But she had clearly been suspicious.

But we didn't even get to find out what exactly Sibyl is. Bummer.

Also, I mainly zone out when they go all philosophical and quote literature.

Pretty fulfilling to have Akane come out of nowhere and smack weirdo with that helmet. Plus the self restraint to not kill him and instead arrest him.
Oct 20, 2020 11:39 PM

Feb 2019
Wow, the chief as the android is the most WTF moment until now, before thus episode I was constantly bored and almost dropped this series but now I'm interested.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 9, 2020 3:38 PM

Apr 2020
Makishima is captured, and Kagari is killed?
Nov 9, 2020 8:39 PM

Dec 2014
Interesting. The writing has been perfect until this far. I really love how urobuchi put in this series.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Nov 23, 2020 6:20 AM

May 2014
Hype episode, but disappointed at the same time.
How can Kogami forget that Makishima is near so putting on a helmet for Akane would be pointless. And Akane being able to land a hit without Makishima noticing. I guess Makishima was too obsessed with Kougami but still.
Nice episode regardless.
Nov 23, 2020 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
Spectacular episode! On par with episode 11, with the added bonus of that twist at the end. And so we have our first casuality of the main cast, too bad he was a fun character!
Dec 1, 2020 2:04 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man kagari really just had to die like that now I’m pissed.

While you can kind of tell from the first episode that whoever is behind the sybil system is the real baddie, I hope they don’t go that route and make it more complex instead. Something along the lines of there are no good people and that everyone is fundamentally flawed. There is no protagonist and the antagonist is ourselves

Ok before I get even more cheesy let me just say I’m enjoying the fuk outta this and I hope it ends strong

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 31, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2020
What the fuck...... why........ noooooooo Kagari (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) I really liked him.....why kill him off ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Screw that cyborg bitch!

I also would have liked to see Akane actually kill Makishima at that moment. I know everyone likes him but I couldn’t care less for him. But I guess he wouldn’t be killed that easily. But that would have made her character so much more compelling.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 31, 2020 7:30 PM
Apr 2016
The best part about this series is sci-fi, certainly not psychology, hence I really want to know what exactly they saw there at the end of the episode.

The hand-to-hand combat scene was also really nice, enjoyed it.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.