Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 26, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2015
The episodic nature of the first half was very well done and explored the themes the second half would screw around with. It stayed relatively easy to follow even in the climax. The memory altering and Kaiba's supernatural powers added to make a great ending. It was a very fun watch and I think the lack of diving deep into its philosophy is the reason why it was so enjoyable. It didn't bother with being preachy about its world. To supplement its story, it used a great cast of characters and an awesome soundtrack.
devinderMay 26, 2015 10:49 PM
Jun 20, 2015 3:10 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I liked the first half more than the second half, but it was still quite entertaining. Shoutouts to Vanilla and Kichi. Da real MVPs.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Aug 13, 2015 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
That's one of the most creative shows out there and it's good that anime like that exist. I agree that it's become boring and cliche near the end
I don't think I will ever want to rewatch this, as the show failed to leave an impact on me
Aug 15, 2015 2:37 PM
Nov 2010
I'm glad I finally got around to this anime. It was very interesting from near the start and it stayed so even with the change from its episodic nature. It's certainly a worthy watch.
Sep 1, 2015 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
I just have one very very important question about the ending.
I know they all lost their memories but, did Neiro keep her memories???
Because she did pass through the cloud thingy!
If she did lose her memories then I am disappointed...
Sep 8, 2015 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
Yuasa is GOAT

8/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 3, 2015 11:35 AM
Feb 2011
Beautiful art, great story, amazing OST.

Shame the last two episodes kinda were a letdown after the previous ten. Still a solid 7/10.
Nov 8, 2015 9:31 AM
Oct 2015
After I watched the last episode I had many questions, so I rewatched parts of the previous ones in order to have a clue of what was going on.

The multiple Warps were made, because the real Warp went missing and noone was there to govern the planets. Warp was probably missing from when he passed the 'forgetting' cloud and then crashed near Neiro. Another explanation might be that the clone Warps were made even before Warp left by his precedors and Warp was only a tool of the system that they established. The same with the clones, which took over when Kaiba was difficult to handle (he was the only human, with the most memories and logically the most developed and independent character).

I was thinking hard about some other part of the story too: the planet-like memories of Warp and why did he dispose of them. If you remember in episode 10, Warp and Neiro came across a stone sculpture that depicted the plant Kaiba. Neiro said then "The legendary plant that tried to swallow everything but was chased away by the king". So, the king (Warp) had fought against the gigantic plant in the past and tossed away his memories probably to assure that they wouldn't be eaten by the plant, too. Maybe then he fed the plant with many memories in order to beat it, but he managed to save some cherished ones. The ones that he kept for himself were bad/altered memories for the motives of his mother and that made him feel lonely.

Well, maybe I have to rewatch the series in order to sort everything or at least more out, but I enjoyed the whole story nevertheless. I think it didn't cover up the 100% of the plot with character motives' explanations, because it wanted the viewer to do so. Sure thing is that re-watching is needed (unless you have an outstanding memory and gave full attention to every detail, which is far more than the average person's attention span can achieve).
Dec 26, 2015 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
This was very surreal and interesting. Great setting and really interesting use of animation, art style, storytelling and music to create something unique. I didn't quite like how they handled the ending because it didn't give the same vibe as the rest of the show. Overall very much worth watching though. 8/10

Kaiba: I think the story around the plant was very underdeveloped, especially considering that it was considered legendary among the citizens. I liked the parable of Kaiba (the memory-eating plant) and Kaiba (Warp) who was also kind of sucking up all memories. Aside from that there wasn't much though.

Romance: Kind of abstract. For the amount of screentime it had it was developed quite badly imho. A long time no development happened at all, despite showing the romance over and over and then they showed tons of flashbacks (basically an entire episode). I think it would have been better to give more emphasize on the setting instead of this. Which leads me to my next point.

Setting: There were a lot of interesting themes concerning memories, their exchange/loss, body exchange, government control, sciene (cloning, synthetical bodies etc.), revoloution, manipulation (this was especially interesting because of the way memories were handled in this show) and the impact of all of these on the society. Some of them were handled well while others seemed to fell a bit short in the end. Part of the reason for that is the ending. I don't really understand why they focussed on a good vs evil ending towards the end with lots of action and drama instead of chosing a more philosophical road. I think this would have been much better if they had done 24 episodes and focussed a lot more on the world instead of the romance/good vs evil story.

Music: I meantioned this before but the soundtrack for this was amazing. It didn't have a lot of tracks but each mood was conveyed perfectly. It was also quite memoriable which made me feel nostalgic already while watching the show which is a huge plus for the atmosphere in a setteing like this.
Dec 26, 2015 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
Amazing series. The first half definitely was a 10/10 but after episode 7 it went a bit downhill. Doesn't matter though, since it remained really interesting throughout. Animation and soundtrack were freaking great as well. 9/10, into my top 10.
CynthesizerDec 26, 2015 11:50 PM
Feb 3, 2016 8:24 PM

Jul 2015
It was a satisfying ending imo. I loved this episode.

First half was a masterpiece. Second half was amazing, but with some minor facts that I didn't like very much. Overall I definitely enjoyed this series though.

Solid 9/10.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

May 17, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2015
Amazing anime, Yuasa really is a God.

10/10 for the first half of it and 8/10 for the second half, so it's a final solid 9/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2016 6:25 AM
Jun 2014
This was very ambitious as a series, but in the end I feel it tried to cover too many concepts and just rushed through to its conclusion. Hard to take that ending as well, where Warp/Kaiba, a mass murderer, is seemingly forgiven.
Jun 29, 2016 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
One of the rare cases when amnesia is handled properly in show without being relied too heavily upon or misused for the sake of plot convenience . I don't mind the abstract designs and of course the lovely ost.
Always-HungryJun 29, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 1, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2015
I liked some of the first episodes, sort of a weird slice of life (not really but you can get what I mean). Not all of them were amazing but it was pretty enjoyable in my opinion. The second half makes a weird transition into a more story-driven show, but the story wasn't very good. It's rushed, characters aren't very interesting and it's needlessly confusing. These last eps I was looking for the thing to end already cause I was very bored, and, you know, that's not a good sign.

The art is pretty good, actually the best thing about Kaiba, as it is to be expected from Yuasa.

5/10 way better as an episodic show
Jul 15, 2016 9:02 AM

Nov 2013
I like the main storyline particularly love story between Kaiba and Neiro and I absolutely like the way The art and the sounds integrated very well with the story. But I found the episodic storyline is boring overall, the only one I remember is the episode about that Grandma with her two crandchild .

7/10 thanks to visual and sounds I guess.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 29, 2016 6:25 PM
Sep 2015
This show was a deeply moving experience.
Aug 13, 2016 5:02 AM

Aug 2014
This was confusing, towards the end i couldn't understand who is doing what lol.
As other people pointed out, there are many questions left unanswered, i was going to rate the story 10/10 but now i can't, the story is too vague and left many things ambiguous. :( :(

Animation - 7 (lack of background detailed movement)

ART - 9 (Creative landscape design, one of the most innovative style, the use of colors is also excellent, lacks some detailed design, but that's all)

Sounds - 9 (The OST is great, voice acting sounds are all nice, the songs are amazing )

Story - 8 (Unfortunately the ending was rushed, if not this will be 10 easily, the Themes are excellent, the pacing is good - it suffers a bit at the first half where some episodes felt a bit weak. I complain about the vague conclusion and some weak pacing in the first half which resulted in weaker episodes, other than that its perfect here, the story is very smart and it relies on showing instead of telling which i like more)

Characters - 7 (I didn't really like them much, but they have their personality and backstories, they also have some sort of development, the story focus more on the themes and world-building so characters didn't get much weight)

Enjoyment - 8.5 ( The world-building boosted this for me, it was enjoyable just to look at, refreshing and the story is nice)

World-Building/Atmosphere : The best thing this anime has, it gets a bonus from me here because its special here, the only world-building i found to be better is Shinsekai Yori, so it hold the 2nd place. ((11))
Atmosphere is very good also, didn't feel everything the show tried to offer but its a captivating atmosphere (8.5)

Bonus: Creativity and Innovation are strongly present in the show (+,+)

Overall: I liked the show so much, sadly the ending prevented it from becoming one of my top favorites, perhaps if i find the answers on a second watch or if someone told me then i will change my score and boost it even higher.

My Final Score : 8.6/10

Hidden Gem and Underrated show that deserves attention, Yuasa is one of the best directors in anime industry.
Sep 4, 2016 9:14 AM

Feb 2015
The last time I got this brainfucked was when I watched FLCL... When I started the show I wanted to give it a 10, but the quality dropped a little after ep 5-6 imo.
Sep 17, 2016 3:01 PM

Sep 2012
The first half was episodic and boring as fuck. So many people praising it above makes me think maybe we've watched different shows, because that's unbelievable. Seeing Kaiba traveling around with huge-forehead Vanilla and seeing episodic subplots I couldn't care less about is the opposite of AMAZING AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING. If the show had ended there with that, I'd give this a 5/10. It was alright for setting the world and premise, but not good in itself.

The actual plot was pretty good. I'm bothered by some stupid moments and some loose ends, these which sadly only a few people have cared talking about in this thread. @tiglionabbit 's post was pretty good and expresses all my doubts. I agree with the theory that Warp's story actually goes way back, and that the current Warp is just a clone and actually never met his family. That makes most things fit into place.
They had stored all the world's memories in the tanks and the computer was cloning Warp until a clone came out that could handle carrying them all.

But still, there are things that are just lacking information and there's nothing you can do. Like who's the wizard-looking guy that put Warp's mother's memories into the bird, or why Warp fell the first time and lost his memories.
Only thing I can think of about the latter is that he jumped after his family was doomed, but that'd go against the theory that he's just a clone of someone who lived long ago, which, in turn, would leave other loose ends.

In any case, it was a pretty fun watch. Somewhere between an 8 or a 9 from me.
Sep 20, 2016 6:22 AM
Sep 2016
I'm so glad this thread is still active, because I just finished watching Kaiba for the second time and I have a few questions that hopefully someone can clear up for me!

First of all, what even happened to result in Kaiba crashing in the wall by Neiro? I feel like this has already been explained and that I just missed it..

What was the significance of the Meiri sculpture that the body collector presented to Warp? I never seen it mentioned or appear since it was first shown.

Why did the guy release Chroniko's memories? Was it his own choice or was it her aunt's?

Finally, before the lady who took Kaiba on the ship exploded from pleasure (?) She started having flashbacks about her father, who was replaced by Butter, who also replaced HippoKaiba and Hyo-Hyo in the closet shortly after, anybody know what the hell is up with that?

Other than these few things I'm confused about, I absolutely adored Kaiba and all it had to offer! The animation and storytelling was just spectacular.
Sep 28, 2016 9:02 PM
Sep 2016
Phlippy said:
What is the connection between Neiros little plush dog and the living one, I think its name was Quilt, in episode 5?

Patch made a comment that there were a bunch of stuffed animals created after Quilt, so I'm assuming Neiro just happened to have one
Mar 15, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
Pretentious philosophical jabbering in the first half and then more action in the second half that had potential to partially recover the score for me but I never cared about any of the characters and it remained a confusing slog. 5/10, I'll do my tiny bit to try and drag the score down.
Sep 6, 2017 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
I think this anime overall was great especially the unraveling of the storyline in the second half (particularly from episode 8 to 12). The first half was Kaiba/Warp's adventure and discovering who he is (RIP Vanilla) and while also encountering individuals he formed bonds with(even if short lived). Both were necessary and they gave the story impact while the art encouraged imagination 9/10 is great for this anime.
lihle808Sep 6, 2017 8:26 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 27, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2017
I really don't know what to make of this, i think i wasn't as conflicted when rating an anime before this one.

I actually enjoyed the premise and all the episodes but the last two, i kinda felt the ending was silly, like, totally stupid when compared to the bigger picture. I thought it was gonna be more socio-political oriented, solving the memory and body issues;

do people really deserve going on living after they die? if the majority of people actually agreed could it be liberalized in order for everyone to enjoy such privilege and not just the rich? what about all the bodies that were sold and the memories that were thrown away? what about how sinister it was for the upper classes to create devices in order to forbid the people from below to go up? i know the One society was meant to be corrupted since it had as main leader some random Warps, but did nobody truly hold those convictions at heart? I get those three messed with Popo's memories so much that i guess he ultimately lost himself in there but...the rest? Was it all a farce? What about the poor and unprivileged folks? Instead, the last episode was all about Warp and everyone trying to save Warp, are the effects of the fog permanent? I just don't know, i find it plain and cheap that they focused only on the kid while leaving aside the core of the plot imo.

But anyways i can't deny it was a nice experience and i felt in love with the world and the world building in general...so...i don't know is it an 8? a 7?

I guess it's an 8. BUT WHEN I THINK ABOUT LAST TWO EPISODES IT'S A 7 WELP!!
KannoSugakoDec 28, 2017 10:42 AM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

May 25, 2018 2:07 PM
Apr 2015
like most of the people here i'm disappointed with such a generic (or maybe a better word ''normal'') ending for such an unique anime

to be honest i couldn't write or think of a better ending but it's not my job in the first place
Aug 21, 2018 8:06 AM

Jan 2018
I found something that i think is inspired by Kaiba.In the game Stormbound for android, there is a nation called Ironclad and the robots of this nation have the same simbol on theare chests or sholders like Kaiba.

https://stormboundkingdomwars.gamepedia.com/Destructobots

https://stormboundkingdomwars.gamepedia.com/Constructs

https://stormboundkingdomwars.gamepedia.com/Delegators

https://stormboundkingdomwars.gamepedia.com/Armed_Schemers

https://stormboundkingdomwars.gamepedia.com/Project_PH03-NIX

The art its a little bit pointier but i find it familiar in some aspects.
EdrenalinAug 21, 2018 8:12 AM
Sep 24, 2018 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
The kind of stories and series that can be a strong part of your memories and feelings.
Oct 11, 2018 8:15 AM

Feb 2013
I did like the show in overall really descent show with great ideas

Dec 24, 2018 8:42 PM

May 2011
gswelcome said:
Pretentious.

No, that doesn't define as 'I can't possibly wrap my head around it'. What's the word for that....

Laziness or inability?
Feb 4, 2019 2:33 AM
Nov 2015
So I completed this now and I actually really like it but I have two big questions. Why did Kaiba even crashed and fell down? Who was at the end the one who killed Neiros parents? I knew the answers but I kinda forgot them and I cant sleep well until I have an answer to both questions...
Feb 21, 2019 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
From all the shows directed by Yuasa that i seen thus far i think this one is my favorite, despite my enjoyment has been a bit diminished around episode 10. One of the best aspects i found about the show was how it delved into the idea of memories and immortality, while keeping it morally gray as well as a commentary on society would operate taking in consideration the society diferences between the rich and the poor.
Fast foward and we reached a point where the series became more centred arround Wrap as a character wich honestly i wasnt a big fan of nor how supernatural powers became more prevalent neither the introduction of the Kaiba plant. The idea of multiple clones gaining a sense of identity and individuality is nice, but it felt like it was cast aside for the Wrap backstory wich wasnt nearly as interesting nor well fleshed out.
Anyway that aside it was a great series even if i fell like it could had take a different approach for its conclusion.
May 8, 2019 5:33 AM
May 2017
The ending started leaning way too hard into the abstract. I feel like there's a limit to how confusing things can get, and Kaiba went past it. That being said, I really like the anime for its visuals, themes, and characters. Makes you think how about how important people are to each other. Take the parallels between Kaiba and Popo for instance.

Popo grew up poor, losing his father and mother to poverty. He dreamed of being rich and powerful. which in his eyes would give him the perfect happy life. Yet in the pursuit of chasing what he thinks would make him happy, he sacrificed the people who did make him happy, leaving him broken and insane.

Kaiba, on the other hand, was rich and powerful. He had everything, except people. No friends, no family, no happiness. Neiro changed all that, which is why he said that before her he had nothing. The man who seemingly had everything had nothing. It was the love that Neiro and Kaiba's mom had for him that got him out of the depressed state he was in, giving him the realization that he wasn't alone.

I like that message. You can be happy if you have people in your life that care about you, regardless of whatever problems you're going through. It's simplistic, but a nice reminder not to take people important to you for granted.
May 18, 2019 2:10 AM
Feb 2016
Beatnik said:
This show was steadily heading its way towards a score of 10 from me, but once that airplane security guard dude died, the show suddenly changed direction and sadly headed into mediocrity, and ultimately the mind-numblingly boring and empty finale that is episode 12.

One tiresome action scene after another; all plotlines wrapped up so simply without any depth or complexity like we've seen previously in this show. Its like the writer just couldnt give a shit anymore and picked up the Holy Book of Cliches for guidance. I guess I should thank the book for letting him know that we ran out of patience with Popo some time ago and he should ditch him already, but unfortunately being that the book is the Holy Book of Cliches, it could only tell him so much.

The first half of this show was 9 worthy, just brilliant in so many ways. The second half is worth a 7, completely predictable and thus boring as hell. So I'll give it an 8 and walk away.

*walks away with a raincloud above him*

It's OK. For me, it was incredibly good, because, to me, predictable doesn't mean bad. There are other good emotions besides surprise that a piece of art can evoke in me.

But let me hope you'll find some other anime which is as surprising as you want it to be. I hope you'll find something that is as significant to you as Kaiba was to me.
May 28, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Now I see why this another Yuasa's show have low popularity. Started quite as a thought provoking show and then escalated as very cliche alien plot show. The ending is just a "love conquer all" thing. Still quite enjoyed despite the frustrating trainwreck mess.

Seriously I am baffled how it jumped the shark after such a good start! While Yuasa's last original show had tonal issue from the very first episode's cliffhanger but this one started very solid and likable but after one bad predictable episode (EP.06 as how vanilla died) then never really became better. Only this last episode was OK but still there is myriad amount of issue this show went through to lead this end-of-world esque plot.

Another big issue I had with this show many forced development and uses lot of bad plot device for the sake of plot progression. Takes way too many shortcuts (towards the end). Honestly except vanila, all of the characters were terribly bland! The music was very good but very little and one of sad song repetitive used and loses its affect and kinda annoying to hear once started using twice in a single episode.

All in all, this is very bad original show. The main theme sounds interesting but executions were incredibly awful.
Oct 22, 2019 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe this anime is too deep to me, the only episode I got and enjoyed was Chronico's episode. I guess I should rewatch this anime later.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 14, 2020 12:16 AM
Nov 2015
Great premise yet not original in scifi world,I Guess for only anime watchers this is a masterpiece, for me someone Who reads sfici and watch movies and series even from old décades, this is not new ...

HOWEVER they portray so good the lonelyness and distopyan future scenarios, i dont understand why It end having a different aura; It felt more like "look at this Magical being able to have superpowers" fighting this 'plant alien creature able to eat memories', just why ?

There was not need, that didnt change anything, i doubt that by fighting that creature and FALLING IN LOVE they change the political views of a corrupt goberment that base economy in bying bodies ... Just cuz love and fighting the King ... So lame ending for an anime that attempt to show a distopian future

Sorry but they left out important questions unanswered like why only kaiba have powers but not his mother or brothers or even his father. Why and how the computers are so important, why the need of kaiba clones if he is inmortal... Why 3 clones end in the poor section of the Planet. How kaiba a cruel leader fall in love by just only drinking one time with a girl, that was a terrible attemp for a romance, make me belive that they spend months falling in love ... Why if robots were a thing more people werent using them. Why a poor dude have all that Money to make a super mega powerfull killing machine (in the poor side of the world)

So many plot holes It hurts , enjoy the episodic part of the show like until episode 8-9... Thats why i rated this a 7/10.
Apr 20, 2020 4:56 AM

Apr 2015
Thematically and stylistically perfect and I liked the main plot enough, but the presentation in the second half was strange and kind of wrapped around itself in bizarreness that it suffocated and sucked much of the dramatic effect out of potentially impactful scenes. A tentative 7 maybe.
Aug 11, 2020 9:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I liked it and definitely was going towards a 9 but... i decided to go with an 8.

Still was worth it, it's just that the last 2 episodes, while they weren't necessarily bad, they could've been better and were a little bit.... meh? outside of that tho, the anime was great.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 25, 2020 10:35 AM

Feb 2020
And this is the end of this rewatch ! What a ride... However, I'm quite disappointed that my view of the last two episodes not only didn't get better, but actually even worsened. I remembered something very messy, but I thought I'd like it way more when rewatching it due to understanding better what's going on.
But watching it with a clear view of the show just confirms to me how much of a confusing mess those last episodes are.
First, I want to talk about Neiro's character. I loved her in episode 10, I even added her to my extended favorites, twice. But I now remember why I always considered removing her : because ultimately, she's really not that great.
The whole thing about her memories being altered actually ruin what could have been a great character, because in the end, the new version of Neiro is nothing but the original one who lost everything that made her adorable and interesting, only to become boring and generic, while at the same time not making much sense. I could write tons of words to explain how the whole Neiro/Gel/Hyo-Hyo/Evil Neiro/New Neiro thing is a mess but that'd be way too long. Let's just say I'm disappointed.
I also want to talk about Popo. This guy started out as a good and interesting character. But just like Neiro, in the end not only is he generic, but he also doesn't make much sense. A lot of his behaviours are barely explained, and what can be interpreted as an interesting take of an unstable person comes off way more as a simply inconsistent character who's supposed to be too many things at once.
And finally, there's of course Warp. I realize I completely misunderstood his character the first time... And that's too bad because I prefer the version I first interpreted. What I thought was that he truly was an evil king, because of thinking his mom poisoned him, so out of pain, and that he redeemed himself in the end by sacrificing himself. But it's not what actually happened.
The evil Warp has never, ever been the Warp we know, because it has always been a simple copy. And as it has been brought up with Neiro and Hyo-Hyo as well as with the lady from episode 2, a copy and the original are two different person. So even if we consider that the evil Warp is acting just like Evil Neiro, because of only remembering bad things, it doesn't provide much depth to the real Warp because they're not the same person, for many different reasons (which also prevents Evil Warp from having much depth given that he's lacking everything that makes Warp who he is). So the whole thing about Warp having a breakdown due to remembering his mom poisoning him isn't the climax of his arc, but simply something that has been randomly put there because that's the only moment Warp even came to think that way, Neiro pretty much confirmed it herself. I understand the meaning of those scenes, but in terms of character development, it can't work. (Don't get me wrong I do understand that Warp truly was lonely, but the way it's brought up is incredibly messy and his breakdown still comes out of nowhere.)

Despite my criticisms, I won't change my rating. Why ? Because the huge majority of this show is amazing. The concept, the rubber-hose designs and slapstick humor (I love that whole aesthetic), the characters, the music, the themes... There are so many things this show did more than right. So yes the two last episodes are a failure. But the rest, aside from everything related to Issoudan (unfortunately), is absolutely great. I don't want to forget that.
(Oh, and Vanilla remains best character. He is the embodiment of everything I love about this show.)
FafetteSep 25, 2020 10:40 AM
Dec 15, 2020 1:42 PM

Nov 2019
Amazing ending, i totally did not expect the kind of ending.........
May 4, 2021 6:32 AM

Sep 2013
I loved the ending, reminds me of something like EoE. Found the storytelling style really enjoyable and characters very interesting.
sic mundus
May 28, 2021 1:44 AM

May 2020
Indifference. That's what I feel about this show. The soundtrack is amazing though.

5/10.
Jun 16, 2021 1:39 PM

Jun 2019
My 13th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.

Aug 18, 2021 7:19 PM

Jul 2017
Decent finale, but not enough to really recover the show from just being average. There were special moments in quality here and there, and I love the artistic nature of the show along with the music but the actual writing wasn't as compelling or intriguing as I hoped for, leaving me bored too at times. Probably would go with a 5/10 after finishing it. Not bad but a bit hollow underneath the avant-garde artstyle and presentation.
Jan 18, 2022 11:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great show. The first half was much more fun and compelling than the second half tho.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2022 3:48 PM

May 2019
Bro think he hideaki anno
Jun 15, 2022 5:45 AM

Jul 2021
All in all, it was a very good show and the art style, while off-putting at first, it captures the naturalism of the series and to perfectly match the atmosphere too, will definitely keep the memories of other anime characters fresh in my head. 7/10
CQLLISTJun 15, 2022 5:49 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 1, 2022 4:16 AM

Sep 2018
I dunno, I expected more. Gorgeous OST at least. Shallow is a harsh word, but I was expecting a bit more originality from this cult series. It must be the unique art style that mainly captivates it's audience. This felt like it should have been a two cour series tbh. Overall, it just didn't manage to make any of my emotions fluctuate that much. 6/10.
Sep 17, 2022 5:39 PM
May 2020
Wow late to the party for this but epic want more!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» I’m indifferent to the point of dropping it

Sagepool - Apr 13

1 by TRC_Randy »»
Apr 28, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trojun - Aug 7, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 10 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Jul 31, 2008

43 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

48 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.